Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

And Flutterz, you're completely missing the point. Nobody ever looks at a random person and goes "oh hey I wanna be their friend!" Talking to people leads to friendships.

Confession: Umm, I've thought that plenty of times... lol.  Sometimes I'll act on that feeling and take initiative to get to know them, and other times I'll just internally wish I could be their friend  :nervous:.  Probably because I sometimes observe people, and they seem nice.

Confession: Umm, I've thought that plenty of times... lol.  Sometimes I'll act on that feeling and take initiative to get to know them, and other times I'll just internally wish I could be their friend  :nervous:.  Probably because I sometimes observe people, and they seem nice.

Confession: I've never thought that about anyone, but a lot of the girls in my class in college told me they did think that way about me.

I am fashionably late to any conversations here as usual. I never did find it hard to interact with people tbh. Of course if u don't know anyone then it is hard. Then I found a solution (took me long enough , dumb me) which is look for a thing to do which will get u to know more people. As surprising as it seems, I was never really socially awkward. Heck I started talking with people of different ages in the gym/school/tennis/volleyball. I am not really looking for a relationship so that's where I am different. I just don't wanna be lonely. As far as the conversation goes , u will find yourself and the other one picking up the conversation and changing it rapidly. Maybe that's only in my case since then again people said there's a weird attraction in the unique way I speak and the way my tone is , it just makes people wanna speak to me. I have been told that a lot so now that I think about it , I might be the worst guy to give u advices on this matter.

When I was younger, I was incredibly social.  I would talk to anyone and everyone, and try to make as many friends as possible.  I just loved getting to talk to others, to get to know them.  Then, when I entered high school, everyone I knew just started drifting away.  They started playing football, basketball, some became cheerleaders, and others just lost interest.  I found that I was also losing any desire to talk with them, so maybe it was my fault?

I actually found two of my closest friends in my high school years, both of which are otaku.  I guess I just lost any desire to talk to people who are too different from me.

I'm the type of person that needs something situational that forces people to be with me due to those circumstances. Then the eventuality is a relationship sprouting from there or not.

Be like me and talk to your waifu :3

You filthy 萌犬

As for that first part, what's an accurate way to posture that without pushing it too far?  Early interactions seem to be where I'm faltering, or at the very least I'm having a hard time pushing past it.

Communication is something I'm unsure I can play with as a variable, as I've so far been unable to find someone that responds quickly that I was interested in.  I've felt so far that it might be a result of my own communication faults.

If it isn't a personal fault, then it starts going into Catch-22 territory - you need to communicate for someone to gain an interest in you, but they won't communicate unless they're already interested.  

I'll try to give my perspective, but remember... I'm just one person and may not be like the general female population.

For me.. I don't really get attracted to males solely on physical appearance.  Sure, there's a base line of what I consider date-able, so as long as a guy passes that point, it will help.  Date-able physical appearance-wise to me, is like say, I can imagine myself being couply w/the person without being uncomfortable.  I was never really boy-crazy anyways, so I'm unlikely to be tempted by the guy's appearance alone to want to date him.

So the most important thing is personality.  I cannot even think about being with a guy unless I can 'click' with him.  My interest will be perked when I sense that someone has a lot of things in common with me, especially things I care about. Another thing I'll pick up on is how this person treats others, how they treat me, how they act in general, etc. to get an overall First Impression which could really affect whether I want to continue getting to know this person better or not.  The potential I see in them interacting me (whether for a deeper friendship or relationship) will motivate me to want to form a stronger bond to keep them around.. so I'd put more effort into communication and such than with someone I'm not really interested in furthering anything with.  Like Rain said.. I think you'll get Hints about how invested they are.  I tend take friendship route first before thinking of a relationship, so eventually someone has to (like Rain said, posture? and then #1, #2, #3 will happen, I guess).  So eventually someone has to show their interest or it just stays where it is without ever knowing and assumed normal.  I think this is where the whole Nice Guys always lose mentality comes from..... it's because they are never brave enough to take initiative or posture too late (getting stuck as friends only).  If you posture earlier, you'll get an answer faster & avoid the friendzone more easily, (but the downside is that you'll risk moving too fast for some girls too). It depends~ just try to read the person and go with their pace, unless you want them to follow yours.

Soo overall.. First Impression is important in keeping someone's interest, but also depends on the the kind of girl.. because they could be looking for different things.  If you have look/personality traits she's looking for and enjoys, she's going to be interested in further getting to know you.  Sometimes it's just a matter of clicking with someone or not, and can't be forced. Then there's other circumstances like timing, distance, etc. too.  And of course, to even start a connection someone needs to take the initiative. I think usually it's hard for two introverts to even interact with each other in the first place unless they're forced into some activity together because tend to keep to themselves... I'm guessing this is why you guys bring up online being an easier medium for people like us.^^; But we really need to learn to take the initiative whether irl or even online for anything to happen in the first place.

Just my thoughts on it... I don't claim to be super experienced or anything though xD ..so , uh-yeah~

I think usually it's hard for two introverts to even interact with each other in the first place unless they're forced into some activity together because tend to keep to themselves... I'm guessing this is why you guys bring up online being an easier medium for people like us.^^; But we really need to learn to take the initiative whether irl or even online for anything to happen in the first place.

Yeah I agree with the struggle here a bit. I actually initiated with the current girl I like because of a special circumstance stemming from my first failed attempt. If it had been under normal circumstances, I wouldn't have been able to initiate. I might have convinced myself not to take the risk or would have been plagued by social anxiety. We didn't really share any activity before that, so it was a miracle that something came out of the first conversation chain.

As an introvert, I love being paired with an extrovert. My social skills are usually enough to be able to build off of whatever the extrovert in question is spouting out at the time, though naturally afterwards I usually feel burned out.

Being paired with an introvert is a flip a coin situation. Depending on the person, sometimes the silence b/w us is nice & relaxing. Other times, I get the 'awkward silence' syndrome and it's totally unbearable.

You all need to be forced outside of your comfort zones, or force yourselves. Nothing will change by continuing the status quo. I was lucky, I had to go do military service due to this shitty country, there i had to adapt and talk to people or else I would have had really long and hard year. Afterwards I have had a much easier time talking to people I don't know and socializing as a whole doesn't feel as terrible as it used to.

Is there anything else that comes to mind as well?

Uhh..  let's see...

Just because a girl talks to you out of the blue and gives you attention, it's not always because she wants to date... there are times she really just wants to be friends or being friendly.

I do that.  :makina:

As an introvert, I love being paired with an extrovert. My social skills are usually enough to be able to build off of whatever the extrovert in question is spouting out at the time, though naturally afterwards I usually feel burned out.

Being paired with an introvert is a flip a coin situation. Depending on the person, sometimes the silence b/w us is nice & relaxing. Other times, I get the 'awkward silence' syndrome and it's totally unbearable.

I often feel like I can't keep up with an extrovert.. being boring to them. Sometimes there's this pressure that I need to keep talking and entertain. 

So I tend to feel more comfortable with other introverts, since I think they'd be more understanding about my quiet/private nature and can relate better.

Uhh..  let's see...

Just because a girl talks to you out of the blue and gives you attention, it's not always because she wants to date... there are times she really just wants to be friends or being friendly.

Alright,understood.  xD

You all need to be forced outside of your comfort zones, or force yourselves. Nothing will change by continuing the status quo. I was lucky, I had to go do military service due to this shitty country, there i had to adapt and talk to people or else I would have had really long and hard year. Afterwards I have had a much easier time talking to people I don't know and socializing as a whole doesn't feel as terrible as it used to.

Does this mean I still have hope?!?!?! :mare:

Uhh..  let's see...

:vinty:

How the hell do billions of people have relationships? Shit's hard, yo.