Fuwanovel's Battle of the Guilds!

OriginalRen

Battle of the Guilds - The Game Round

The Powers of Fuwanovel -

0htHXm8.png

Friendship Power:

Friendship power is indicated by a group of brothers because the most powerful friendships on the website are like family.

T9RNJa5.png

Moe Power:

Moe power is indicated by moe-noculars because what better way to showcase it than with an explosion of adorable.

Q9s9IP3.png

Kawaii Power:

Kawaii power is indicated by a rabbit because there is no limit to the amount of cuteness an animal can be.

zg6pHsh.png

Financial Power:

Financial power is indicated by the Yen symbol because on the website of Fuwanovel, every agent has a price.

The Types of Cards (Stakes) -

8isorlb.png

Agent Cards:

Agent cards represent personalities that are sent to districts on the website to try and win additional recruits and other cards. Cards that are not apart of your starting guild are considered "freelance" agents.

L6EKxZb.png

Location Cards:

Location cards are worth a lot of victory points, but cost a lot to add to your deck. Each team begins the game with 1 location card (their headquarters) which has a special ability when played. Additional location cards also have special abilities when added to your deck and played in future rounds.

HGtPuwf.png

Relic Cards:

Relic cards aren't worth a lot of victory points, but they are helpful in bribing other freelance agents to join your team. Many freelance agents have a financial power value which can be met in order to "bribe" them into joining your team.

The Game Round -

Battle of the Guilds (BOGs) is played over a series of game rounds. During each round, teams take turns sending their guild's agents to districts in order to take control of other agents, locations, and relics (also known as stake cards). After all cards in each team's hand have been played, teams determine who wins the stake in each district of the website.

At the beginning of each round, each team draws the top 4 cards from his deck. If there are not enough cards, they draw all of them, then shuffle their discard pile and create and new deck. They then continue to draw until they have 4 cards in their hand.

Each round is divided into 2 phases: the Intrigue Phase and the Resolution Phase.

The Intrigue Phase -

During the Intrigue Phase, teams take turns performing actions. The 1st team (selected at random at the start of the game) takes the 1st turn, followed by the other teams in clockwise order. For purposes of the game, teams will be "arranged" as if they are sitting at a table, essentially meaning each team will represent a certain player number. This helps determine who starts a new round as the game progresses.

During a team's turn, they must perform 1 of these actions:

• Assign 1 agent card from their hand faceup to any 1 enemy district or the neutral district
  • Assign 1 agent card from their hand facedown to any one friendly district
  • Play 1 location card from their hand. After the card's effect has been resolved, the card goes to the team's discard pile
  • Place 1 relic on 1 of their agents to bribe a stake card (in this case a freelance agent)
  • Discard 1 card from their hand to their discard pile without applying any effects

After the team completes their action, it is the next team's turn to perform 1 action. Teams continue taking turns performing actions until all teams have played all 4 cards from their hands. Then the Intrigue Phase ends.

Special Cases:

• If an action (such as playing a location card or bribing a freelance agent) allows a team to immediately win another stake card during the Intrigue Phase, a new card will be flipped over in that district pile. There will always be 1 stake card faceup at each district
  • If a played agent is moved to another district, the card is played faceup or facedown as if it were played directly from the hand (i.e. = if a card is moved to an enemy district, it is turned faceup, even if it were facedown previously)

The Resolution Phase -

Once all teams have played all the cards from their hand, it is time to resolve the power struggle in each district. Districts are resolved 1 at a time. For each district, one team could win the top stake card and add it to their deck as follows...

Each stake card has 1 main power of Fuwanovel (the number displayed in the gold circle). Each agent has a value for the power of friendship, moe, and kawaii. Only the agent's power that matches the stake card's main power of Fuwanovel is used.

To resolve a district, each team adds up the matching power of Fuwanovel for all of their agents assigned to that district:

• If only 1 team's power value is higher than or equal to the stake card's main power value, they win the stake card and place it on their discard pile. All other cards in the district are sent to their respective discard piles
  • If more than 1 team has a total power value higher than or equal to the main power value, the team with the highest total wins the stake card and places it on their discard pile. All other cards in the district are sent to their respective discard piles
  • If the total power value of each team is less than the stake card's main power value, nobody wins that card this round. All cards in the district stay faceup
  • If there is a tie for the highest power value, the stake card stays where it is unless another card says otherwise. All cards remain in that district until the next round

Special Cases:

• The power values of friendship, moe, and kawaii on relic cards are only used when that card is on top of a district pile. Once a team gains the relic card (and plays it from their hand), only its financial power value is used
  • The power values on a location card are only used when that card is on top of a district pile. Once a team gains the location card (and plays it from their hand), only the card's ability is used
  • The financial power value on an agent's card is only used when that card is on top of a district's pile to bribe a stake card. Once a team gains the stake card (and plays it from their hand), the agent is treated in all ways as any other agent card, and the financial power value has no further effect on play

The End of the Round:

The Resolution Phase is complete after all districts have been resolved. The teams then prepare for the next round.

The top card of each district will be flipped over if that district does not have a faceup stake card. If there are no more stake cards in a district, it remains empty for the rest of the game, essentially meaning players will have to send their agents to other districts to claim new cards.

The 1st turn is passed to the next team in line, and a new round begins.

The End of the Game -

When the "Tay's Final Decree" (TFD) card appears at the neutral district, the teams play one final round. The TFD card remains in place, and the team's have just 1 more chance to try to win the last visible stake cards.

After the final round, each team adds the victory point value of all cards in their deck and their discard pile. The team with the highest victory point total wins the game. In case of a tie, the tied player who has the most stake cards wins the game. If there is still a tie, the game ends in a draw. The winning guild is now the master of Fuwanovel!

One would think that a monstrous wall of text would dispell my doubts on the whole thing. Apparently not.

I added the end of the game rules to the preview. Also, I do plan on demonstrating a round for everyone in a video, so it will make a lot more sense as time goes on.

This all sounds incredibly complicated. Are you copying the basic rules from some board game? Because if so looking up the original might help people wrap their heads around it. On the other hand if you came up with everything yourself, how are you making sure it's all balanced?

This all sounds incredibly complicated. Are you copying the basic rules from some board game? Because if so looking up the original might help people wrap their heads around it. On the other hand if you came up with everything yourself, how are you making sure it's all balanced?

Yes, things will be balanced. Also, once you see a round in action, it's actually really easy to understand. You'll learn very, very quickly.

I think i understand everything after reading this real carefully :) it's actually a pretty simple concept. You send your agent and if he has more points in one of the powers than other card you get that card. I think that's how it goes more or less :D

Pretty much this. A video is currently being uploaded so hopefully that will fix any problems.

I think i understand everything after reading this real carefully :) it's actually a pretty simple concept. You send your agent and if he has more points in one of the powers than other card you get that card. I think that's how it goes more or less :D

Well, yeah, I just don't understand how the teams play against each other (aside from competing for agents and relics and locations), and there's turns, and my brain is full of so many questions.

I don't see many people with Senpais so I'll pick that.

Pin this under ;TLDR section 

Battle of the Guilds

The Guilds of Fuwanovel -

OzLXP7x.jpg

Take a look at some of the special abilities each guild in the competition has. This card represents your very struggle for power on the website, so wear your guild tag proudly!

The Guild of Chibis: Gathers those with the power of moe and forms an army of adorable cuteness to enchant the hearts of many. Being in constant rivalry with the rest of the guilds, the chibis hope to one day claim the website of Fuwanovel for themselves.

The Guild of Kuuderes: Gathers those with a neutral stance of the new uprising on the website of Fuwanovel. The kuuderes are the problem solvers who tend to keep the other guild's attitudes in check, but in the end, wish for power like anyone else.

The Guild of Lolis: Claims to have been established by the same members who founded the website of Fuwanovel. The lolis represent order and justice, and with their rule, they hope to spread kindness and love to the rest of the community.

The Guild of Senpais: Gathers those with the wisdom and experience of the age. The senpais are the oldest guild to exist on Fuwanovel, and using their extensive knowledge and life experiences, they hope to teach the rest of the community the same.

The Guild of Tsunderes: Originally, the tsunderes had no interest in claiming power on the website. Seeing a recent war sparked by the other guilds convinced them to change their opinion drastically (and rather harshly I might add). They now seek to join the war for mere pleasure, but it's not like they'll enjoy it or anything.

The Guild of Traps: The heart and soul of trickery and deceit. The traps represent the cunning wit of Fuwanovel and its many dormant members. With their new power, they may rise from the shadows and claim the website for themselves.