Fuwanovel's Battle of the Guilds!

OriginalRen

Yeah yeah, "strategy" :P

It doesn't matter if the Senpais totally dominate and outplay the Traps in their matches but ultimately lose in the long run because the Tsunderes and Lolis decided to stall out their matches to farm up more Victory Points instead of actually trying to beat each other. Having an RnG element (Tay's Decree) determine how much time teams have essentially makes teams "strategize" against the game, and not their opponents, thus ruining the integrity of the competition.

TL;DR in an earn-as-many-points-as-you-can type of game, everyone should have the same amount of time to farm up points. 

Edit: though i do remember Ren saying that the winner of the tournament isn't based on Victory Points anymore, but too lazy to search thread for it.

It doesn't matter if the Senpais totally dominate and outplay the Traps in their matches but ultimately lose in the long run because the Tsunderes and Lolis decided to stall out their matches to farm up more Victory Points instead of actually trying to beat each other. 

Nice idea, should we go with it?  :lol: 

I would recommend to think over the function of the relic's. I think in the current configuration an relic feels really useless. I didn't read the whole posts here, so i hope i'm not the twelfth who asks for that.

With my last Informations (I hope I understood correctly), you add to the Financial Power of the relic the Skill points of the Agents you have there, but only the Main Stat of the ffreelance agent counts.

For Example:

- Freelance Agent has 6 Pionts Moe Power and 7 Points Financial Power

- I Have only 2 agents with 2 and 1 Point Moe Power (in summary 3 :P ) and a Relic with 3 Points Financial Power

- That means I still do not have enough Financial Power to bribe the agent and the Relic feels so useless like a gent with 3 Points Moe Power in this situation.

- BUT if you could add the Main stat of each Agent you play to the Financial Power of the relic (the Agents above, for example have 3 Points Kawaii and the other 3 Points Friendship Power) the relic would be really powerful -> Because than I had 8 Points Financial Power and could bribe the agent.

So at the moment their are simply no needs (for me) to get a relic, because you almost earn no Victory points and they are not very useful in a match. Maybe some others feel the same.

Hopefully you will think about that and make a decision.

I would recommend to think over the function of the relic's. I think in the current configuration an relic feels really useless. I didn't read the whole posts here, so i hope i'm not the twelfth who asks for that.

With my last Informations (I hope I understood correctly), you add to the Financial Power of the relic the Skill points of the Agents you have there, but only the Main Stat of the ffreelance agent counts.

For Example:

- I Have only 2 agents with 2 and 1 Point Moe Power (in summary 3 :P ) and a Relic with 3 Points Financial Power

- That means I still do not have enough Financial Power to bribe the agent and the Relic feels so useless like a gent with 3 Points Moe Power in this situation.

- BUT if you could add the Main stat of each Agent you play to the Financial Power of the relic (the Agents above, for example have 3 Points Kawaii and the other 3 Points Friendship Power) the relic would be really powerful -> Because than I had 8 Points Financial Power and could bribe the agent.

So at the moment their are simply no needs (for me) to get a relic, because you almost earn no Victory points and they are not very useful in a match. Maybe some others feel the same.

Yeah, if your cards are weak, relics are indeed useless.

Where relics really shine though (if you have the agents to back it up) are when you can use them to instantly win an agent BEFORE the Resolution Phase is reached. 

A situation being somehow your opponent has like 20 Friendship power total onto an agent card requiring like 6 Friendship power. Normally, you'd lose if you reach the resolution phase, but if you have a decent Friendship+relic to match the stake card's financial value, you can win the card immediately despite being heavily outclassed in Friendship. Just pray your opponents don't also have a relic.

For Example:

If you could do that, teams would stack relics and there wouldn't be a need for any other type of card. There would be no need for main power values anymore, because anyone who has a bribe value can just have any agent in your hand thrown at them. In this case, the higher the number, the better.

Essentially, the team who jumps ahead early based on the luck of the cards would start dominating the board and winning every freelance agent for the rest of the game; the match would be completely one sided. As it stands, there are only 13 agents out of 49 total who do not have financial bribe values.

In short, relics are useless early on because you don't have a deck built up. Later on down the road, you will see they combo well with other cards.

If you could do that, the there would be no need for main power values anymore; anyone who has a bribe value can just have anything thrown on them and cards would be instantly won too fast. Essentially, the team who took the 1st turn that round would mean they are winning the most cards, because as it stands, there are only 13 agents out of 49 total who do not have financial bribe values.

I just meant that the Main power for the use of relic should not count, you don't have a relic every round on your hand. In all other cases the Main power is "untouched" ... Like in our current round we have 2 agents with 3 Points in different categorys and a relic with 2 Points Finacial power. But my agents only had few points in the main stat and so the relic was useless. 

Well It's your game ;) ... I just wanted to give you some feedback. I still try to win :D

Edit: One REALLY important i forgot... I approve your new avatar... That looks really like the Honoka I know ;)

I just meant that the Main power for the use of relic should not count, you don't have a relic every round on your hand. In all other cases the Main power is "untouched" ... Like in our current round we have 2 agents with 3 Points in different categorys and a relic with 2 Points Finacial power. But my agents only had few points in the main stat and so the relic was useless. 

Well It's your game ;) ... I just wanted to give you some feedback. I still try to win :D

Luck of the draw. Sometimes relics will be useless in the current round, however that doesn't mean it is useless later on in a different round if you choose to keep in on the board!

All boards will be updated tomorrow, so keep at it! As with my visual novel trivia month, you will all be awarded with a custom award icon for your profile which you can wear proudly for the rest of the site to see. I hope to keep you motivated in playing the game, so let me know what I can do to help out!

Hey everyone!

I'm finally back after a much needed break in preparation for Japan. I am no longer working at the moment, which means checking boards will be a lot easier. That being said, every single board in the game has been updated and PMs have been sent out to every match. If you have any questions about the rules since it's been awhile, let me know and I would be glad to answer them.

Finally, I owe an apology to Ezeefreak. I didn't understand his original question about sharing card counts, and after thinking about it some more I realized that he was asking for an indication of when the enemy team's cards are shuffled. This is absolutely okay for me to do, and as such, I will start doing that from here on out. Sorry about the confusion.

Anyways, thanks again guys for your patience, and look forward to some awesome previews for the next match coming this week before I leave the country!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...