Voiced lines, listen or skip?

fun2novel

Listen to the whole thing if it's the main cast/secondary cast. Others I may skip. Few exceptions were Yoroi from MLA (he was funny), Major Walkens, Sagiri and especially Yuuhi. Man Yuuhi blew my freaking mind, the whole Coup d'etat did. But yea, that big CO general in the command center I just skip his voice because his voice is not as serious. I skip a lot of other minor characters.

I know for Fate/Stay Night, the only person I ever skipped there was Kita... mine? I think that was his name? The twisted priest dude. He was just annoying and pisses people off. Well, actually, because he pissed Rin off so much. Later on I got a really good reason why I should dislike him (Fate/Zero) ... fucking asshole character! >_>;;

I listen every single voiced lines.I just love how some voice actor have a really good emotion in his/her voice. Actually Voiced lines is one of the reason why i read VN.

oh...i do enjoy H-scene..because,it makes me tingly...both mentally and physically. 

I know what you be doin'. Heh. Heh. Heheh.

10407470_327149927440919_302953966853094

I know for Fate/Stay Night, the only person I ever skipped there was Kita... mine? I think that was his name? The twisted priest dude. He was just annoying and pisses people off. Well, actually, because he pissed Rin off so much. Later on I got a really good reason why I should dislike him (Fate/Zero) ... fucking asshole character! >_>;;

You've been skipping Jouji Nakata's deep, powerful, orgasmic voice. Like, why o_o

Yorokobe, shônen!

It depends if its a character i like i usually listen everything to make sure i understand wat they'r saying 100% (and actually this is how i managed to understand the routes in KonoSora,was forced to hear EVERYTHING :s)

but if its a boring scene or annoying voice usually i just try to read as fast as possible or at worst skip it completely ;d

Well I feel that if you don't understand the language or aren't trying to learn it, their isn't really any point waiting for the character to finish talking.

I don't know how it is for people who are able to understand though. It seems it's situationnal.

I only listen to it when I think it's relevant, like for example - screams or vocal expressions of an emotion (not H) which can put an emphasis on the situation : fear, sadness, happiness and such things.

But that doesn't happen too often.

I usually try and hear all of the voiced lines, but I'll occasionally slip up and press Enter or Space before the line is done being read.  Now, I started skipping Chinami's lines a lot in the beginning of Hoshimemo, since one can only hear Onii-chan (x3) so many times before losing their sanity.

Now, I started skipping Chinami's lines a lot in the beginning of Hoshimemo, since one can only hear Onii-chan (x3) so many times before losing their sanity.

I`ll never lose my sanity by hearing Onii-chan~~  :3

Hehe or maybe I already did lose sanity~~ but I don't think so.

I usually try and hear all of the voiced lines, but I'll occasionally slip up and press Enter or Space before the line is done being read.  Now, I started skipping Chinami's lines a lot in the beginning of Hoshimemo, since one can only hear Onii-chan (x3) so many times before losing their sanity.

Those were some of the best lines in Hoshimemo.

I listened to Chinami's "Onii-chan Onii-chan Onii-chan" every time<3

i have a perfect gift for u my brother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5pDz-HrWcs

I usually keep going after I finish the line, but during high action moments or a successfully pulled humor beat.

Using Comyuu as an example, there's a particular scene between Haru and Yoruko that fulfilled this quite well, although the comedic value was quickly interrupted by the game's first H scene shortly after.

H scenes on the other hand, I don't even bother reading.  I think there's only one in all of VNs I haven't just skipped through to date.

I have never intentionally skipped a voiced line... I felt like it would be cheating

I usually play on auto and slow the text so that it follows the pacing of the dialogue and kick back. Having voiced lines makes me feel like I'm causally watching some subs

Posted 29 November 2014 - Edit: I don't feel this way at all anymore. I can't stand having any audio for a majority of the VNs that I play. If I listened to all of the moon speak it would take months to finish any of the longer titles