Does anyone else think the Summer is looking boring?

Clephas

I actually am quite excited for Sequel.. I mean Summer 2014. I have plenty of sequels to anime I've watched in the past which makes me pumped! Also, I am excited for several other non sequel anime.

If I may, where do you guys watch all your anime? I use mainly Crunchyroll (Hulu and Netflix occasionally). I don't know of any other sites that are up to date with all the current anime that is airing. I'm pretty behind on that :| 

Anilinkz

I don't really think Summer looks too bad, even with the influx of BL/subtextual BL anime. Then again, I only follow 2 anime each season, 3 if it's really good, haha. (What's funny is that I have like a huge list of 9-10 anime I want to watch and then end up with only a few.)

The one I'm looking forward to is Ao Haru Ride since I love shoujo and I read the manga as well. Hanayamoto i also one I'm really looking forward to because yuri

Either way, I'm much more looking forward to Fall.

I can't deny I'm looking forward to SAO 2 (As long as it's not focused on Kirito and his harem), Free! 2 and Sailor Moon Crystal. I'm also curious as to how bad the Dramatical Murder anime is going to be. Zankyou No Terror and Aldnoah.Zero look pretty decent as well.

SAO 2 is going to be way ahead of the original SAO. Let's just say, I've heard stories of its possible greatness. I wasn't a huge fan of the original SAO, but am pumped for its second season.

SAO 2 is going to be way ahead of the original SAO. Let's just say, I've heard stories of its possible greatness. I wasn't a huge fan of the original SAO, but am pumped for its second season.

GGO is certainly the best arc in the novel (for me) so it's either going to be a great adaptation or they'll fail badly with bad character adaptations and focus on Kirito's harem. Kind of like how they ruined Asuna and turned what's supposed to be an action anime into sappy romance with a very shallow plot.

GGO is certainly the best arc in the novel (for me) so it's either going to be a great adaptation or they'll fail badly with bad character adaptations and focus on Kirito's harem. Kind of like how they ruined Asuna and turned what's supposed to be an action anime into sappy romance with a very shallow plot.

Awesome. Man, I'm pumped.

I liked Asuna up to a certain point, but ended up hating her towards the end.

lets see....for summer I pick:

Glasslip

Jinsei

KanColle

Rokujouma no Shinryakusha

Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance

Himegoto ( ****, just realize that it only has 6 mins per ep........... )

Not much, but nope, unless I only pick 3 or less, I wont call that boring~

No mentions of Aldnoah.Zero? Srsly? Urobutcher never disappoints. Akame ga Kill will also be legit IF they do it right and dont go all fanservice-y....Which has a good chance of happening because thats the age we live in.

Other things...

Kancolle (not expecting anything more then cute ship girls doing cute ship girl things...will be awesome if they work in a decent plot tho)
Tokyo ESP (i'll give it a shot, not expecting much)
Zankyou no Terror (Will give it a shot...if its dark or has some death stuff going on (ala death note) i'll stick with it)
Rail Wars (seems like it could be fun)
Ao Haru Ride (Im a sucker for a quality romance...hope it doesnt disappoint)

I'll watch those for sure or atleast give them a shot....and then I'll watch or atleast try w.e the fansub groups I follow pick up.

Yall can keep kirito with his infinite supplies of harem and plot armor.  :)

Zankyou no Terror looks like it could be good, but nothing else is even remotely interesting to me. Most of it is either sequels to shows I haven't and probably won't ever watch, or shows that are so generic that they might as well be sequels to every similar show in the past few years. I might change my mind once reviews start coming in, but in the meantime, this is going to be a boring summer. At least I have a backlog to work through.

As a huge SAO fan I just hope that they do the second season in a same way as first and don't stray away from it. But as it will probably have 20+ episodes the same as first season I am counting it for a fall season as no matter how fired up I am about some anime I am still gona w8 for season to end airaing before I watch it. And once it ends I can rewach the first season and watch the second from one goo, I already prepared the best quality video format that could be found on net of the first season for it.

As a huge SAO fan I just hope that they do the second season in a same way as first and don't stray away from it. But as it will probably have 20+ episodes the same as first season I am counting it for a fall season as no matter how fired up I am about some anime I am still gona w8 for season to end airaing before I watch it. And once it ends I can rewach the first season and watch the second from one goo, I already prepared the best quality video format that could be found on net of the first season for it.

I thought I heard it was thirteen, but I could be wrong.

Dramatical Murder is yaoi so you can imagine the fanbase is smaller. I believe the adaptation can be decent though. It's being produced by Nitroplus after all (let's forget the Super Sonico anime ever existed and focus on the rest of their stuff)

And there's yet another new Yaoi anime announced called Orenchi no Furo Jijou, although this one is for the fall.

So I think it's safe to say Summer is going to be the Yaoi season.

Even if this season's weak, it's plenty for me. I'll probably not be able to find a lot of time to watch anything because of life. That tends to happen sometimes. It took me an entire year to watch just Steins;Gate.

Glasslip looks cool.  I got interested as soon as I saw it was by P.A. Works and went on to fondly remember Hanasaku Iroha.

I'll probably also watch GGO cause I already watched SAO and a few of my IRL friends are fans.  I'm also curious about the Sailor Moon remake for some reason even though I've never considered myself a fan.

For everything else I'll take it as it comes and see what's hype after a few episodes like I usualy do.

Actually Summer is not really that boring, there a few anime that i would watch :

-Kancolle (I Already wait this anime since i play the game)
-Persona 4 The Golden Animation (Even the Story still same as P4, i still gonna watch this because it Persona :P)
-Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma*illya 2wei! (Because it epic that's why)
-Zankyou no Terror (Bombing & Terrorism, My kind of show)
-SAO II
-Rail Wars

and maybe i'll add Tokyo ESP and Tokyo Ghoul, since everyone talk about it :P