How much do you remember about VN after you finished it?

sion12

i ask this because i see many thread discussing different novel and it seen everyone can remember and just join in the discusion but i cant remember anything, for example i love Rewrite/Muvluv/cross channel but i completely forgot everything except basical setting and character. heck i play some vn and stop for a few month and when i come back i have to replay again because i forgot nearly everything. this really make me question my memory

To be honest, there might indeed be something wrong with your memory. I don't know if this hits you in any other parts of life though, so there are certainly other possibilities...

While I don't have perfect memories of anything, I can usually remember a decent lot of standout scenes, and the general themes, of just about anything I've read. Not necessarily good, because then I can't really read it again T_T.

I read quite slowly in general (not super slow, but probably at like half to one-third of batman speed (although when he actually seems to focus and read the text, he's pretty much reading at my pace...) because I tend to sometimes lose focus otherwise (backlog is a godsend because I can forget what the last line said when I reach the next sometimes... I really don't know.) That might make me remember stuff more, idk. Maybe this is a thing with people who can't really into books but are ok with VNs? I read fuckloads when I was younger.

Tl;dr don't skim your VNs, you miss all the detail and then you post a thread saying the MC is stupid and I get depressed

I have a pretty awful memory but I can remember VN's I have read, it's just a matter if I'm triggering the memory or not. I can usually trigger the memory if I see something similar to a particular scene or something like that. I never actually forget about the VN though, it just just kind of sits in my head with a shit ton of other things.

I do forget details over time, but it's not like I can just re-read something and feel like it's completely new again. Even if I feel like I forgot, I usually remember when I see something related to it - that, and you simply don't forget the ending and other important plot points, do you?

That said, I can't for the life of me remember what was the first VN I've ever played. And it can't even be that far back, 2011-2012 I think? I know which were the first I played, but what exact one was the very first? ...not at all. That honestly kind of worries me. :D

I remember pretty much everything about VNs that I have read, true I might need to think a little more about VNs that I have read a long time ago to recall everything I never really forget things (Except for names I often forgot them).

Before I passed the hundred mark, I still remembered practically everything about the ones I loved, but once I got past there... I got to the point where I mostly recalled impressions and basic plot flow, except for the best ones in the group. 

If you don't recognize the events you've read when you reread them then you might have a bad memory.. or maybe you're reading too fast? Sometimes I'm not that good with names but I do remember everything again when I reread something.. sometimes already after rereading a few sentences. 

I'm a very slow reader so I remember pretty much most of the important bits of a VN.

I have the same, I'm a really slow reader, so after reading a story it will stay in my memory for a longer time probably. Although after 2-3 years or something I only remember the details of VNs that were special to me. 

lol... I can generally remember the entire scenario, if I see the first few scenes.  That makes replaying them pure hell though.  Very few VNs are interesting enough to play all the way through twice for me...

guhhh now i really starting to question my memory

If you don't recognize the events you've read when you reread them then you might have a bad memory.. or maybe you're reading too fast? Sometimes I'm not that good with names but I do remember everything again when I reread something.. sometimes already after rereading a few sentences. 

nah i remember the event when i reread them or jog my memory with somthing just that i can remember much out of the top of my head. for example i read rewrite when it first translated, without refreshing my memory with vndb or wiki but i only remember a few character and they have super power and somehow the world kind of ended and that about it

lol... I can generally remember the entire scenario, if I see the first few scenes.  That makes replaying them pure hell though.  Very few VNs are interesting enough to play all the way through twice for me...

^This. I've had this disappointment every time I tried to reread something. I thought I forgot enough to enjoy the second read but I always remember too much after reading the first part. This is also what made anime adaptations really annoying for me. Before I started reading VNs I already watched some adaptations, I'll never make that mistake again.. because you always remember too much, even after a few years..

nah i remember the event when i reread them

If you look at it this way, forgetting about things isn't that bad at al, if you can enjoy a story as much for a second time that way. But it seems you also remember the scenario again if you reread it, so... apparently you did lock it somewhere in your head.

^This. I've had this disappointment every time I tried to reread something. I thought I forgot enough to enjoy the second read but I always remember too much after reading the first part. This is also what made anime adaptations really annoying for me. Before I started reading VNs I already watched some adaptations, I'll never make that mistake again.. because you always remember too much, even after a few years..

If you look at it this way, forgetting about things isn't that bad at al, if you can enjoy a story as much for a second time that way. But it seems you also remember the scenario again if you reread it, so... apparently you did lock it somewhere in your head.

I've seen Clannad, F/SN(Yes I know it's bad compared to the VN), Kanon, AIR(Haven't read the VN yet), Steins;Gate(Still not read it), Chaos;Head and I still enjoyed the VNs yes there were certain points I remembered a part from the anime but it didn't stop me from enjoying those VNs