Favorite Moment(s) from a Video Game?

Mevvrynne

I've noticed nobody's mentioned Uncharted yet... The entire game x 3 is my favorite moment.

Can't decide, but what I remember most was the helicopter chase + falling building scene in Uncharted 2 and the burning mansion scene in Uncharted 3. hehe, I used 'scene' because Uncharted is a bloody movie as well and don't you deny it.

The Last of Us:

The end of the game when Joel lies to Ellie about what happened at the base of the Fireflies, and she believes him.

Felt like she actually knew, but she was alright with it... Powerful stuff.

And, a classic from Final Fantasy 7:

Aerith's death scene still gets me every time. When the piano starts just as the ornament in her hair hits the ground and goes along with the *ting* that it makes.

The "Linker" Event in Ar Tonelico's Aurica route:

1. Being Ar Tonelico, it has the best music for the whole final stretch.

2. Most of the battles are fought without a Reyvateil, meaning that you are a litle more exposed, and that the battles are a bit more boring overall. The fact that reyvateil you've been using in your party for most of the game so far is the one in danger, only makes it more urgent.

Xenogears

Maria takes Seibzehn to fight against her father NIcholai (music "Flight" plays).

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits

Darc carries Delma and flies her around for the first time.

FF9

In the very end, when Zidane starts to self-doubt. All his friends come to help him.. the music "You're Not Alone" plays and makes it really nice feeling/epic.. and they go to beat the final boss!

probably a lot more, but can't remember right now.

Red Dead Redemption: The shootout at the end of the game

BioShock: Saving the first Little Sister I saw, the "Would You Kindly..." revalation, and

Ryan's last speech before he forces Jack to kill him: "A man chooses, a slave obeys."

BioShock 2: The cutscenes at the end, and the underwater parts of the game

Mass Effect 2: Beating the Suicide Mission without a single crewmate dying

Mass Effect 3:

Mordin Solus sacrificing himself to cure the genophage...loved that Salarian before, and loved him even more afterwards.

Crash Team Racing: Beating that cheating bastard Nitros Oxide

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sakanaとkoeda

Morrowind:

1) I went to say "hi" to the god Vivec, but he attacked me and I ended up killing him (in self defense). Later on, I go to Mournhold and buy a bunch of pack rats and scribbs as pets. I was happily roaming the town with company in tow, but the guards were affiliated with Vivec and didn't like how I had murdered him. So they killed all my pack rats and scribbs :(

2) I used the insane jump scrolls in a cave, and breached another dimension or something before falling. As I was falling I thought to save myself with a levitation spell; but it counted as a solid surface that I fell on, and I died.

Star Ocean 3:

I fought Lenneth and discovered how a little girl could demolish my entire party.

Lost Planet 2:

Coop with a good friend against CatG akrid bosses using mechs and guns and grenades. Lots of horseplay and fun.

Rune Factory 2:

I used up all my money on a bar of chocolate and thought to eat it in a smug manner in front of Douglas. But I pressed the wrong button and ended up giving it to him instead. He didn't even really care for it, and I was left poor and depressed...

Scribblenauts:

I did lots of terrible but extravagantly creative things to complete simple objectives like using a jet-pack, plane, bug net, and a chair to catch a butterfly.

Edit: another

Oblivion:

That mission where you had to take out the other members of the Black Hand was probably my highlight of the game. Especially when it came to the orc. The recommended way to deal with him was with a poisoned apple. So when he sat down to eat, I nonchalantly sat down next to him and placed the apple near him. However, after waiting for a bit he was still eating everything else but the apple, so I decided to carefully move it closer to his plate.

The problem was Oblivion had a clunky item interaction interface, so as I moved the apple closer; I unintentionally applied pressure on his plate. Which in turn, caused the plate and its contents scatter all across the damn room. Luckily, he kept eating (albeit more slowly I would think) while fixedly staring at me. Apparently I didn't screw up too badly, and he eventually succumbed to his fate.

Morrowind:

1) I went to say "hi" to the god Vivec, but he attacked me and I ended up killing him (in self defense). Later on, I go to Mournhold and buy a bunch of pack rats and scribbs as pets. I was happily roaming the town with company in tow, but the guards were affiliated with Vivec and didn't like how I had murdered him. So they killed all my pack rats and scribbs :(

2) I used the insane jump scrolls in a cave, and breached another dimension or something before falling. As I was falling I thought to save myself with a levitation spell; but it counted as a solid surface that I fell on, and I died.

I like your taste, I have been casually playing through Morrowind myself, I even found an emulator for Daggerfall

Anyway, my favorite moment from Fallout 3 was waiting to blow the nuke in Megaton. I saved right before leveling to 20 so I could have good karma and get the achievement (Xbox) then I went back and blew the bomb to get to level 20 and got the achievement for having bad karma also.

Can you tell that I like Bethesda?

Off the top of my head, the first boss battle in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. You fight against a giant robot, and when it gets to 0.01% health, it tries to hit you with it's giant arm, which you, the small cyborg ninja, blocks with his sword. Then the lyrics for Rules of Nature starts playing and you pick up the giant robot and tosses it high into the air and cuts off its arm. If that isn't badass, I don't know what is.

Edit: Video demonstration: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeXljIb-CJU

First mission as The Arbiter in Halo 2

Ending of Halo 3

Inside the worm in Gears 2

Entering Lost Izalith in DS1

Definitely the ending of The Walking Dead season 1

Sora wakes up in KH2

Bioshock 1 

"Would you kindly?"

The whole Mirrors edge game

And that's it I think

Halo: Combat Evolved - Pretty much every encounter with the Flood. Gets my heart pumping just thinking about it!

Gears of War 1 - The multiplayer as a whole was the best experience ever. I still consider myself a Gears Ninja God. Taking out a whole team by yourself is so satisfying.

Halo 2 - Playing Cops and Robbers in a custom game. So much wasted hours fun.

Bioshock Infinte - That ending blew my mind. I was all like "WHAAAAAATTTTTT???!!!! NO WAY?!!?!"

Fallout 3 - Walking around with you're invincible follower Fawkes and collecting every single unique item in that game. Spent 100+ hours on that alone.

Mass Effect 1 - Defeating that on insanity and getting the gamer pic was a great moment for me.

KOTOR 1&2 - Both games were amazing to me and are my all time favorites.

I guess I'll go game by game here.

Bioshock (all three):

Seeing Rapture for the first time

Would you kindly?
The ending of BS2's Minerva's Den DLC
Bioshock Infinite ending (all the half hour... best part of the game)
(BI's story DLC) Burial At Sea Episode 2 Ending

As for gameplay-wise, the few times when I managed to down a Big Daddy without dying.

Dead Space (all three):

Nursery scene in Dead Space 2

...pretty much it.

System Shock (both):

Growing the balls to leave the first deck (both games)

Finding the last Annelid egg on the Rickenbacker

SHODAN reveal in SS2(not because of surprise, but because of its sheer... objectivity.)

Small moments of relief

Left 4 Dead 2:

While playing with friends, becoming the Tank and fucking up all four Survivors in 10 seconds.

Other priceless moments I forgot about.