What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Playing Persona 4 Golden cause why not. I also managed to find my copy of Legend of Zelda OoT with Master Quest for the Gamecube so i might start playing that too.

Bought Demon's Souls with some Bday monies. Enjoying it so far, and some of the missing features from later Souls games is tolerable. Hope I can finally finish DeS after all those years of saying I'd do it.

80 hours split into 5-6 hour sessions every other day or so with 8 people in the group.  That fight is no fucking joke, at about 2.5 minutes into the fight (about a 12 minute fight, 12.5 minutes for the enrage) you're hit immediately with the first big DPS check that all of the top groups were having issues on for weeks.  The boss splits into two targets (also splits health 50/50 so you can actually "cleave" in a sense for extra damage), one of those targets heals for some stupid amount and if you don't bring both of the targets within 4% HP of each other in 25 seconds, you all die.

Played a little bit more of the story for Senran Kagura 2 but mainly focused on playing the Yoma Lair to do some level and character affection grinding...and it's actually been really fun trying out pairs, finding out who works best with who and seeing what team attacks they have. I admit the almost useless lock on is a bit annoying still but it's pretty much negated when you're fighting with a partner since more often than not their presence keeps the enemy busy so you can get in a good amount of attacks.

Okay, cleared the first chapter of Senran Kagura 2 and as far as I'm concerned that should have been the prologue as it feels like a good continuation of the first game from Homura and co.'s perspective with good call backs to their story, you're better introduced to the game's mechanics (especially the pair fighting) and the way it ends feels like the right setup for the main story. The boss run for that chapter was challenging but unlike in the prologue it never felt unfair. All in all this chapter has redeemed the game for me now moving on to the next chapter...

Dungeon Travelers 2 demo showed up in PSN, and so I gave it try. 

Based on the demo, the dungeon crawling and combat seems really solid and the party members turned out to be pretty entertaining as well.

I love all the banter, fan-service and cute girls doing cute stuff that happens here and there. It gives nice breaks from the dungeon crawling and makes the game more enjoyable overall.

I was going to get the DT2 anyways, but now I want it so bad. I can't wait for the European release.

I fucking love System Shock. Played it once, with Mouselook. Currently replaying it with Combat:1, Plot/Cyber/Puzzle: 3. (you can determine these difficulty levels separately). I have forgotten too much of the game to be able to finish it at all, but I want to see where I get in 7 hours. Playing with the original controls and they're actually very fun to use. It's available on GOG now and comes with the Classic version (DOSBox, no resolution options, no mouselook) and the Enhanced Edition (which has more resolution options, toggle-able mouselook, native Windows .exe). There is a. cfg file you can use in the directory of the Enhanced Edition you can use to determine if you want to use the original, revised (with Mouselook) or left-handed controls. The important thing is to pick original controls in the said file because having toggle-able Mouselook completely screws up the non-mouselook control scheme (you can't look up or down unless you click a specific part in the HUD and trust me you do not want that, pick original controls instead and you've got key bindings for that). I got used to it quick and man this game is so much fun.

Great revision of the game.

My friend talked me into buying Dungeon Travelers 2 yesterday and I've found myself pleasantly surprised. Dungeon Crawling games are usually marginally fun / a complete miss for me, but I'm finding myself enjoying it a lot more than I expected. Only 2 dungeons into it so far, so I haven't got a chance to mess with the class system yet. I've heard some good things about it though so I'm looking forward to it.