Jump to content
littleshogun

Suki Suki aka If You Love Me Then Say So Released

Suki Suki Polling  

33 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your favorite girl?

    • Goshogawara Yukki
      10
    • Himekami Ayame
      7
    • Komachi Mahiru
      3
    • Rinka
      11
    • Yataka 'Dude' Chiho
      2
  2. 2. What is your favorite route?

    • Himekami Ayame
      5
    • Yataka 'Dude' Chiho
      1
    • Komachi Mahiru
      2
    • Rinka
      16
    • Goshogawara Yukki
      9


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

How to get Rinka and Chiho:

  Reveal hidden contents

Seeing Chiho requires completing at least one route. When you do, she'll show up on a second playthrough.
Rinka requires completing a route, and then getting to the end of the game without confessing to anyone.

 

Thank you. What a weird choice to lock them both and still spoil what I assume are half their CGs in the intro. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, kokoro said:

I welcome the "dude" change because it makes the game memorable, and it's fun.

Now this is literally the galaxy brain level thinking.

Outside of the few questionable choices the translation looks fine though. Not that I seriously compared it to japanese.

Edited by novurdim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Freestyle80 said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Kind of...in the 'true' route Souta does lose 2 things that are 'most important to him so he wasnt lying

 

Spoiler

Well, then ill be prepared for his parents to die in a travel accident or something. But they're never there so as a reader it wont matter if thats what happens.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read Ayame:

Spoiler

Don't know what to say. I did like the route until the ending. This time i refuse to believe the confession is the "true" ending to her route either. I mean, it was such a drastic change change of pace and ended in a pretty weird way which puts focus on a happy, yet somewhat bitter ending. The other one continued a bit more in tune with the rest of the route and actually had QP keep her healthy until she graduates. While much is the same at the end, it was just more in tune with the route as a whole and she got her wish of graduation fulfilled and didn't emphasize the bitterness of her illness like the other one did. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So i've finished most of the routes, didnt have the paitence to finish Mahiru though, kinda boring. Ayame's capture and the start of her route was brilliant but they didnt manage to keep it up, got a bit annoying at the end :amane:

My route rankings would be Yuuki-->Rinka-->Ayame-->Chiho-->Mahiru, which is also surprisingly the order i read the routes (entered Rinka completely by accident though). Yuuki and Rinka routes stands above the others imo, it was more fun to read those. Good to see a decent Childhood friend route though unlike fcking Hatsukoi 1/1:pyaa:. Also never seen a girl talk dirty as much as her lol guess the developer blog wasnt kidding 

This game system though breaks immersion and is just frustrating most of the time, confessing sometimes doesnt even make sense, esp in Chiho's case, Chiho spoilers:

She confesses to you herself around end of May if you dont do it though which is a nice touch, we needed that for Yuuki too

. Hopefully dont see this type of system again lol

Edited by Freestyle80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Freestyle80 said:

So i've finished most of the routes, didnt have the paitence to finish Mahiru though, kinda boring. Ayame's capture and the start of her route was brilliant but they didnt manage to keep it up, got a bit annoying at the end :amane:

My route rankings would be Yuuki-->Rinka-->Ayame-->Chiho-->Mahiru, which is also surprisingly the order i read the routes (entered Rinka completely by accident though). Yuuki and Rinka routes stands above the others imo, it was more fun to read those. Good to see a decent Childhood friend route though unlike fcking Hatsukoi 1/1:pyaa:. Also never seen a girl talk dirty as much as her lol guess the developer blog wasnt kidding 

This game system though breaks immersion and is just frustrating most of the time, confessing sometimes doesnt even make sense, esp in Chiho's case, Chiho spoilers: [spoilers] She confesses to you herself around end of May if you dont do it though which is a nice touch, we needed that for Yuuki too[/spoilers]. Hopefully dont see this type of system again lol

All Girls except Rinka Reverse confess to you at some point if you manage to view their Specific events

Spoiler

b9evseN.jpg

 

Edited by Wildbreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually really like that beating the route and unlocking the love flower gives you an "Extended Cut" of that heroine's route, because you see all the common route events as a couple. 

Rinka's route floored me, will genuinely remember that one for a while. After I picked "Don't", I didn't expect to get another 5 hours of route when I went back and picked the other choice. 

Yuuki was almost an airtight read, I actually like both endings in their own way here; the confess ending has better bookends, but the normal ending feels more earned if that makes sense.

Edited by TexasDice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

I actually really like that beating the route and unlocking the love flower gives you an "Extended Cut" of that heroine's route, because you see all the common route events as a couple. 

Rinka's route floored me, will genuinely remember that one for a while. After I picked "Don't", I didn't expect to get another 5 hours of route when I went back and picked the other choice. 

Yuuki was almost an airtight read, I actually like both endings in their own way here; the confess ending has better bookends, but the normal ending feels more earned if that makes sense.

Spoiler

How is Rinka's route? Not looking for super spoilers or anything, but i pretty much don't like the tone of the vn after doing Yuuki and Ayame, so i've kind of put it on hold. It's like they refuse to give us a happy ending and need to toss in some shit as well at the very end. I expect a true route to multiply this atleast by 2x. Is the route satisfactory?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second restoration patch released:

Quote

https://mega.nz/#!uwFEUSTB!f3ih43MW4HbLKJj_OaGJtY9bielouKPne0rzKQRC0YI
Removes dude.
Adds Onii-chan, Onee-chan, Maya-nee, where applicable. Mr. -> Sensei for the teacher.
Yuuki's confession image and the calendar are now edited (by /vn/ anons)
Fixed one broken line and several unedited lines.

Now its more or less how things should be.
Spic speech is harder to fix due retranslation but I hope it will came out sooner or later.

Quote

Patch that will be out later:
Mahiru's 3rd person speech
Reverse name order back to the Japanese one
Spic speech

Can argue with "Mahiru's 3rd person speech", but I don't care enough. Either way is fine.

If you found any bugs report it to vg/vn/ on 4chan.

Edited by ShinRaikdou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rikas route:

Spoiler

 

Yep, while i got it wrong what mc would lose, the rest of the route was cliche and predictible nonsense. If japanese romantisize career over love to this degree then its no wonder they're going extinct. They really like pushing their loved ones away, and of course its over many years.

Apart from the ending it was just like hatsukoi and Maya. Well, personally i dont like this heavy emphasis on duty over love. I do read these vn's for the romance afterall.

Thinking about it, every damn route i've read so far has ended with temporary separation at the end. Thats bullshit if you ask me.

Well, not all is bad. Rinka annoyed me at first, but she got pretty cute as it went on. The relationship did progress a bit fast perhaps, so apart from tje drama it was good.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

Rikas route:

  Hide contents

 

Yep, while i got it wrong what mc would lose, the rest of the route was cliche and predictible nonsense. If japanese romantisize career over love to this degree then its no wonder they're going extinct. They really like pushing their loved ones away, and of course its over many years.

Apart from the ending it was just like hatsukoi and Maya. Well, personally i dont like this heavy emphasis on duty over love. I do read these vn's for the romance afterall.

Thinking about it, every damn route i've read so far has ended with temporary separation at the end. Thats bullshit if you ask me.

Well, not all is bad. Rinka annoyed me at first, but she got pretty cute as it went on. The relationship did progress a bit fast perhaps, so apart from tje drama it was good.

 

 

cept that unlike Hatsukoi it wasnt irritating to read and the MC here actually has a personality lol, plus MC more or less forced Maya to do that if i am not wrong, which is not the case for this VN

anyway thats why I said i prefer the normal ending, the 'true' ending was good until the signing bullshit came up again, maybe because i dont 'dream' like these people do but i dont get it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ShinRaikdou said:

 

Quote

Patch that will be out later:
Mahiru's 3rd person speech
Reverse name order back to the Japanese one
Spic speech

Can argue with "Mahiru's 3rd person speech", but I don't care enough. Either way is fine.

If you found any bugs report it to vg/vn/ on 4chan.

Don't forget to replace every instance of 仕方ない with "It can't be helped" :P  And mess up grammar a little, to recreate that awkward vintage translation feel :notlikemiya:

BTW I'm currently on Chiho's route. I have to agree, "dude" sounds weird, would've opted maybe for "bro" instead. That would shoot two birds with one stone - preserve her "male speech patterns" quirk, and at the same time keep "brother" reference. But I still think that in her case it should be translated.

Also, IMO leaving "sensei" untranslated sounds very awkward most of the times, but it looks like that's what patch creators are aiming for...

Shit, I promised to not discuss translation...

Edited by adamstan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, adamstan said:

it looks like that's what patch creators are aiming for...

He aiming to how the translation should look like, or at least how majority prefer to see it. Those fixes are unspoken rules of good translation. He won't add things like "Oka-san", japanese onomatopoeia or desu speech.

I mean look at the poll that Xev did few days ago. People still want 3rd person thing despite "its tooo aaaawkward in my native language".

Edited by ShinRaikdou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

 

  Hide contents

cept that unlike Hatsukoi it wasnt irritating to read and the MC here actually has a personality lol, plus MC more or less forced Maya to do that if i am not wrong, which is not the case for this VN

anyway thats why I said i prefer the normal ending, the 'true' ending was good until the signing bullshit came up again, maybe because i dont 'dream' like these people do but i dont get it

 

Spoiler

The fact that the singing came up again was something i saw a mile away. I've read too many vns to know they just cant let such things rest. Irked me a bit that she said "i love singing more than you" well, thats fine, but there are certain things that are best left unsaid. Especially with mc in the position he was in at the time. I know had the situation been reversed then thr mc would drop his entire life to be with the heroine, so why is it never that way when an mc is hurt? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, adamstan said:

but it looks like that's what patch creators are aiming for...

I may not agree with everything but it looks like they are aiming for a translation that is at the same time good and caters to the target audience of the medium. Unfortunately, nowadays VN-translators are mostly former fan-translators who are very inspired by the fact that they are now being paid for their work. As a result they are thoughtlessly and often unsuccessfully trying to imitate the "professional work for the most mainstream audience" as if they are translating a new Final Fantasy game but their skill is yet to reach the level where they could do it seamlessly and without stubborn and jarring decisions on the way.

Don't maul me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, novurdim said:

I may not agree with everything but it looks like they are aiming for a translation that is at the same time good and caters to the target audience of the medium. Unfortunately, nowadays VN-translators are mostly former fan-translators who are very inspired by the fact that they are now being paid for their work. As a result they are thoughtlessly and often unsuccessfully trying to imitate the "professional work for the most mainstream audience" as if they are translating a new Final Fantasy game but their skill is yet to reach the level where they could do it seamlessly and without stubborn and jarring decisions on the way.

Don't maul me.

I dont know about you but final fantasy translations are often horrible and you see they've taken great liberties with the translation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going away from translation discussion for a moment ;)

Yesterday I finished "alternate" versions of Ayame's route, including "reverse confession" variant. What I loved the most about that part was

Spoiler

The conclusion of Ai-chan's arc. Very heartwarming  :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, adamstan said:

Going away from translation discussion for a moment ;)

Yesterday I finished "alternate" versions of Ayame's route, including "reverse confession" variant. What I loved the most about that part was

  Hide contents

The conclusion of Ai-chan's arc. Very heartwarming  :)

 

yep the 'confession' arcs all seem to be a bit too meledramatic, i prefer most of the normal ones 

Trying to finish Yuuki's dates now followed by Ayame

god MC went total dense protagonist mode on one of the last ones where she came to his house to watch a romance movie, felt bad for her 

:kosame:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×