Very very sad news in Sekailand, it appears that Emperor Qian has been overthrown by Emperor Ling

Nier

Emperor Ling seems to have been appointed as new overseer of the Sekai Dynasty.

If anyone remembers this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/4w1wy7/whats_going_on_with_sekai_project_site_has_been/

Now if you would notice: https://sekaiproject.com/staff/

The first individual that comes up is Ling, Qian is still nowhere to be found.

Also, notice on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/chronoclock-limited-edition-box-set-and-exclusive/creator_bio

It used to say "Qian", now it says "Ling" instead.

Meanwhile Emperor Qian wonderful Twitter legacy is no more: https://twitter.com/dobacco

The only tweet remaining is a re-tweet of someone who made a tweet about a bird with an ojousama's laugh:

Who needs seiyus when you've got birds, right?

Localization companies could save money on the voice licensing fees by replacing human voices with parrot's voices, it'll be the only feasible way to get Minato Soft titles officially localized. It'll give something like that:

51 minutes ago, RikiSanic said:

It was already confirmed by Aginyan in that reddit post that dovac is still working at Sekai Project. Unless something has changed since then, I speculate that he's just removed himself as a public figure at the company so he's no longer the center of attention. 

Not only was Qian removed from Sekai Project staff page, there is also the fact that now the Kickstarter Bio Page was changed from Qian to Ling which is another new development in the Sekai Dynasty saga of epicness. If Qian really just wanted to go stealth and things are just like before, don't you think that it is rather overkill?

It doesn't change anything. It's not only Dovac's attitude that brought problems to SP, the whole staff is kind of antagonistic to the core VN's fans. I remember Peter Payne's interview and his remark about "special request" from the translaters of Sekai back then. Now they have become quieter, but not honest.

9 minutes ago, yorikbad said:

It doesn't change anything. It's not only Dovac's attitude that brought problems to SP, the whole staff is kind of antagonistic to the core VN's fans. I remember Peter Payne's interview and his remark about "special request" from the translaters of Sekai back then. Now they have become quieter, but not honest.

MangaGamer, JAST USA and Sekai Project are our last line of defence against the bleak winter, you should cheer them on to show them your support instead of antagonizing them.

26 minutes ago, Nier said:

MangaGamer, JAST USA and Sekai Project are our last line of defence against the bleak winter, you should cheer them on to show them your support instead of antagonizing them.

I didn't say a word about MG. And I mentioned the head of Jast USA in another matter. Read again.

As for SP, I'll stop criticizing them when they start to keep their promises.

46 minutes ago, Nier said:

Or maybe you could try to learning Japanese more in order to read more fanastic VN which is untranslated (And to help you get through against bleak winter) instead of just waiting the releases from those three, like for example Gin'iro Haruka, Saihate no Ima, Hello Lady, and Draculius. Of course you will, if you True VN Fan™ (In this case, I'd like to read your opinion about some VN that you read in Japanese here). If not, good luck on your Japanese study at bleak winter later.

Okay, I think for the thread my answer here would be I kind of agree with RikiSanic here that Dovac (Or to fulfill OP ROTK obsession here, emperor Qian) was kind of hiding himself out there. Maybe the staffs gave some harsh warning to their boss after some chaos at his Twitter earlier there (And possibly demoted to low rank employee there). After all, I think Qian name was removed from staff list definitely didn't had influence much to Sekai for now (At least for now), because they're still had gave some progress each week for their project.

1 hour ago, yorikbad said:

Do you have any link or source for this? 

1 hour ago, yorikbad said:

Someone who points his finger on others shouldn't forget that three fingers of his hand are directed on himself. I think PP would be better off checking out his own localization company first instead of badmouthing others. Especially since I remember some rants from him in the Jast forums too.

None of Sekai's releases I've played so far were buggy crash festivals or had untranslated parts because of a lack of proof reading. Can't exactly say the same for Jast's releases. <_<

18 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Someone who points his finger on others shouldn't forget that three fingers of his hand are directed on himself. I think PP would be better off checking out his own localization company first instead of badmouthing others. Especially since I remember some rants from him in the Jast forums too.

None of Sekai's releases I've played so far were buggy crash festivals or had untranslated parts because of a lack of proof reading. Can't exactly say the same for Jast's releases. <_<

That's true. He's not perfect (where's Sumaga?) but he's been doing it for 20 years and now lost interest in the VNs. Also, JAST gave us some pretty good games like Demonbane or Yumina. SP is a new company but it has already gained a bad reputation for constant breaking their promises. Still waiting for WEE Episode 3, Labirint of Grisaia 18+, Root Double OST... And they even don't like us. We're all pirates in their eyes.

2 hours ago, yorikbad said:

If I remember correctly

SP translated "Schools Days" and was against some part of the game.

People misconstrued this without even checking anything. The staff for Shiny Days, not School Days, was made up of part of the same crew that did the original (whom started Sekai Project), but not entirely the same. For example, Peter explicitly mentions a translator, yet if you check the credits, you'll see the translator isn't the same as in the first, and is someone not even affiliated with Sekai at all. And even then, there's no reason to bash someone for taking it safe when having their name on the credits for a game that involves the main character raping a middle school girl might get them in legal trouble in their country of residence. It's not because someone was super "stingy" about ero content, or that Sekai Project's original staff have some vendetta against sex content, in fact the Days games are pretty sex-heavy games, so I can't see them starting a fan-project for something like that if they refused to touch sex scenes.

2 hours ago, yorikbad said:

And they even don't like us. We're all pirates in their eyes.

Well, they have no reason to like or even care about the population of fans that scream down their throat at every little opportunity that presents itself. They obviously don't make a dent on sales, so there's no reason for them to actively seek out to explain perfectly legitimate decisions to people who aren't going to change their mind. It's just like the asshats that always complain when a fan-translation goes official (no this isn't actually limited to Sekai Project). I have no reason to explain to them why it's a good decision, because if they'd rather translators work for free so that they can get a game slightly faster, then I don't see any point in trying to change their mind. These people don't have any significant effect on localization sales. 

10 minutes ago, Chuee said:

Well, they have no reason to like or even care about the population of fans that scream down their throat at every little opportunity that presents itself. They obviously don't make a dent on sales, so there's no reason for them to actively seek out to explain perfectly legitimate decisions to people who aren't going to change their mind.

Uhhhh...a lot of people hate them for a reason.  Acting like they did nothing to deserve any of it is quite stupid.  I, in no way, mean to say that every criticism of SP is valid, because quite a lot of the whiners are salty pieces of shit that need to grow up (anyone that thinks death threats are a reasonable response to not getting anniemay pr0n should go somewhere far away from civilization), but there are plenty of legitimate complaints that people have with them that they refuse to meaningfully address.  Poor communication, not providing backer rewards that were promised years ago, not being transparent when it comes to whether or not there will be 18+ versions (still waiting for news about 18+ versions that they reportedly said they'd give at Otakon), and no apparent attempts to get unmosaic'd CGs (I really doubt that every company they deal with for 18+ VNs lost the uncensored CGs.  I mean, KARAKARA?  A new VN?  It has mosaics and nothing from SP addressing why?) are what most people complain about, with their repeated use of Kickstarter also being included.  dovac being a pathetic manchild in public is also why quite a few people dislike SP, but it seems like they finally got a handle on that, either by giving him the boot or making sure he doesn't interact with the public on the internet.

Also, if the complainers not buying their products doesn't make a dent in their sales, then why would they be expanding their 18+ catalogue and partnering with Nutaku?  The people that vocally hate them the most are pissed because they seem to not really care about 18+ versions that much.  If anything, that could be taken as them admitting that their previous stance, which seemed to doing 18+ versions as a side project with not a lot of focus on it (100% conjecture, I know nothing about how they run their company), was shooting themselves in the feet when it came to dealing with the core fanbase of VNs.

3 hours ago, yorikbad said:

SP is a new company but it has already gained a bad reputation for constant breaking their promises.

No, SP gained a bad reputation from Dovac. The 'constantly breaking promises' thing is just an excuse people use to try and present their irrational hatred as something which stems from reasonable reasons. Often it doesn't. SP don't constantly (relative to how many promises they've made and titles they've released) break their promises at all. They've been a few, but nothing to justify the amount of hatred in the community.

32 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Also, if the complainers not buying their products doesn't make a dent in their sales, then why would they be expanding their 18+ catalogue and partnering with Nutaku?  

Are they actually expanding their 18+ catalog a whole lot? I don't think there's been a noticeable increase, and I think you're reading too much into partnering with Nutaku. Attempting to expand visibility by partnering with a platform that hosts a large eroge community could have very little to do with a shift in direction at all. In fact, I'm looking at their upcoming games and don't see anything too different :S

1 hour ago, Chuee said:

It's not because someone was super "stingy" about ero content, or that Sekai Project's original staff have some vendetta against sex content

Not the whole ero content, just some part of it, apparently about lolis. That's why they keep silence about 18+ Maitetsu. It won't happen in any way. I don't believe even MG could risk with this title uncensored. But SP's stuff have to say it clear and loud and don't give us a false hope or base for conspiracy theories. I don't wany them to be the bad guys.

1 hour ago, Chuee said:

a game that involves the main character raping a middle school girl

Almost every japan VN include such thing.

1 hour ago, Chuee said:

the population of fans that scream down their throat at every little opportunity that presents itself

I was calm and patient for two years. They have to optimize their cataloge and actually start to release their games. Look at Chrono Clock TL. 34.44% ! And they going to release it in January 2017 according to VNDB? With adult version on Nutaku?

1 hour ago, Chuee said:

when a fan-translation goes official

Um... yeah SakuSaku was 100% in April and in July Sekai took it away, so when do we exept to see the oficial English translation? In what year?

35 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

there are plenty of legitimate complaints that people have with them that they refuse to meaningfully address.  Poor communication, not providing backer rewards that were promised years ago, not being transparent when it comes to whether or not there will be 18+ versions

This.

And we can't forget about Baldr Sky's drama. I really hope Nutaku's money will get us a full version of the title. In not so distant future.

Again, I do not like to accuse anyone without solid proof. But if the company management doesn't want to hear all of their fans, without exception, they have to deal with the negative public resonance. Or speculations. Silence breeds misunderstanding. Misunderstanding breeds anger. Anger creates resentment. A resentful people do not buy the games.

25 minutes ago, Rooke said:

Are they actually expanding their 18+ catalog a whole lot? I don't think there's been a noticeable increase, and I think you're reading too much into partnering with Nutaku. Attempting to expand visibility by partnering with a platform that hosts a large eroge community could have very little to do with a shift in direction at all. In fact, I'm looking at their upcoming games and don't see anything too different :S

Admittedly, that entire paragraph is just my interpretation of recent events.  Things like actually having a Denpasoft panel separate from SP's main one at Anime Atlanta make things look a little more optimistic.  Considering that their usual approach is silence from the moment they announce an 18+ title to it's release, I'd argue that yes, this is pretty different.