Corona Blossom Vol.2: The Truth From Beyond Confirmed for 11/25/2016 Release in Japan!

Nier

Frontwing is keeping you ungrateful non-japanese steambot pirates out of the loop, as revenge for crashing Sharin Kickstarter and ignoring Corona Blossom Vol.1: Gift From the Galaxy! So here is the glorious news directly from japanese sources.

XBTTlvJ.jpg

You can already pre-order it from Melon Books, Getchu, Sofmap and a few other places:

https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/search/search.php?mode=search&search_disp=&category_id=0&text_type=&text_type=all&name=Corona+Blossom

http://www.getchu.com/php/search.phtml?genre=all&search_keyword=CoronaBlossom&check_key_dtl=1&submit=

http://a.sofmap.com/search_result.aspx?mode=SEARCH&styp=p_bar&product_type=NEW&product_type=USED&gid=&keyword=Corona+Blossom&GO_L.x=0&GO_L.y=0

Also as additional punishment for being terrible customers all around, Frontwing didn't include the best wallscroll in the IndieGogo campaign but instead kept it exclusive to Japan:

NSFW

Of course, since this is Japan it is sold out and utterly unobtainable now.

http://a.sofmap.com/product_detail/exec/_/sku=13038132

Please now take your punishement, reflect on it and let it sink in, this way you might actually start to become actual good customers in the future, just like the Japanese customers!

Edited by Zenophilious
Don't embed NSFW images >.<

Spoiler

(after five minutes of sighing and furrowed brows)

Hi!

So, we have a completely different release and marketing schedule for Japan and overseas.
The reason Vol.2 has been announced and preorders opened in Japan is that the physical release of Vol.1 was last Friday, and the promotion for Vol.2 was prepared in light of that.
We haven't started promoting Vol.2 overseas yet for a number of reasons; for example, we're still reviewing all the feedback we got about Vol.1 and figuring out how to approach Vol.2's release in light of that, also, we're going to be utilizing Indiegogo again essentially as a pre-order platform for the game (more on our reasoning for this will come when the campaign is announced), but not all of the goods, etc. have been completely prepared yet so we've held off on an opening date announcement for that (but it's coming soon!).  It has nothing to do with our relationship with or standing in the Western VN community, nor with the sales of Vol.1.

As far as the tapestry is concerned, our contract with Sofmap prevented us from being able to offer it overseas.  I'm glad you like the design, and it's unfortunate we couldn't make it more easily available, but there's literally nothing we could do about that.

I've mentioned it before, but we're certainly not affiliated in any way with anyone trying to guilt people into buying our products or anything remotely like that.  At this point the only person speaking for Frontwing outside of official social media accounts is me.  To be perfectly honest, it's a bit disheartening to me that people still think of us like the OP does, but in a way, that just means I'm not doing my job well enough, so I do apologize for that.

Lastly, (criticism of the pricing model and format of the H-scenes aside) while Corona Blossom may not be a genre-changing masterpiece, I think the reviews for Vol.1 on Steam and other sites show that at the very least the game doesn't "suck"!

14 minutes ago, SpeedBeatz said:

but in a way that just means I'm not doing my job well enough, so I do apologize for that.

Honestly i think that you guys that are working for frontwing's western market releases are doing a great job. Its great to see you guys actually communicating with the community about the issues they had with Corona Blossom and discussing it with them too. Pretty good pr work i'll say. Also it was a graceful explanation of frontwings plans for the western market. I haven't read Corona Blossom yet [my Vn backlogs too large, time] so I can't say anything about the game. I wish you guys luck for Vol: 2 and also, when you'll release your longer titles, i'm sure many will snap it right up! :sachi:

Cheers

21 minutes ago, SpeedBeatz said:

I've mentioned it before, but we're certainly not affiliated in any way with anyone trying to guilt people into buying our products or anything remotely like that.  At this point the only person speaking for Frontwing outside of official social media accounts is me.  To be perfectly honest, it's a bit disheartening to me that people still think of us like the OP does, but in a way, that just means I'm not doing my job well enough, so I do apologize for that.

Sorry, I probably could have used a better term than "shill"  :sachi:  I know that FW isn't paying internet trolls to berate and guilt people into buying their products.  I don't really like FW at all (no offense intended to you), but I'm not delusional.

Sorry you had to directly respond to this, even though it's quite obviously edgy troll shite.  You have my sympathies.

The game doesn't suck.  I can't say it's a masterpiece or anything, but for what it is, I'm enjoying it.  (Haven't beaten it yet because, um, Cold Steel 2 is out next week, and I need to finish replaying Cold Steel 1.)  And if FrontWing has someone who hangs around the FuwaNovel forum, they're already doing something right.  That's more of a presence than Jast USA has!

Well, it's already sure thing thay JAST didn't had any precense here from the employee, so any localization company employee who had account here would be sure thing that they had more precense than JAST USA here.

Back to topic, putting OP overwhelmingly Frontwing fanatic tendency aside, I think if I may said honestly here the wall scroll was not that interesting and the best to majority people here unless they have same taste as OP here (Although maybe some user here also interested with that though). As for 2nd volume, will it resolve the story more satisfactory here or not I wonder. Either way good luck to Frontwing there and hope you could find a good solution there.

I'm prolly going to read corona Blossom sooner or later; not saying it's a game I'd truly enjoy, but once in a while you want to grab something simpler and less pretentious. After all, it has catgirls, so there's that :wafuu:. I'll just propably wait till it's more or less close to being finished, since I dislike being forced to wait for continuations.

I guess you're doing a decent job with the PR, guys. Keep it up and it might actually benefit you im the future. One day perhaps, Frontwing will manage to make a quality game with a storyline that isn't full of stupid bullshit, even I'd be able to enjoy.

:Teeku:

12 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Sorry, I probably could have used a better term than "shill"  :sachi:  I know that FW isn't paying internet trolls to berate and guilt people into buying their products.  I don't really like FW at all (no offense intended to you), but I'm not delusional.

Sorry you had to directly respond to this, even though it's quite obviously edgy troll shite.  You have my sympathies.

If you were in the known, then in the future I respectfully suggest that you should refrain from using reprehensible "buzzwords" and ill-fitted terminologies that might lead to some unfortunate confusions. Using the term "shill" in reference to someone that is clearly not an employee of such honorable, remarkable and hospitable company is truly the lowest of the low and reveals an utter lack of responsability towards the weight that one's own impetuous words might have on others.

18 hours ago, Asonn said:

Lol, who cares!? it did bad the first chapter and it will be doing even worse for the second chapter, because people now know it sucks... 

Have you by any chance played the greatness that is Corona Blossom Vol.1: Gift From the Galaxy, mayhap? Or are you making some baseless conjonctures like almost everybody else's that has some negative things to say about it?

Listen, Corona Blossom Vol.1: Gift From the Galaxy is a good Kinetic Novel that should take on average ~8 hours to finish, if Vol.1 is indicative of the length of the subsequent Vol.2 and Vol.3 then this should bring the complete length to a total of ~25 hours, so 30 USD for such sublime experience is truly a Gift From the Galaxy!

2 hours ago, Narcosis said:

Frontwing will manage to make a quality game with a storyline that isn't full of stupid bullshit, even I'd be able to enjoy.

Might I inquire, how would you know about anything related to any of what you just so irreverently claimed? You just admited yourself, here:

I'm prolly going to read corona Blossom sooner or later

That you have not even deigned to honor the game by playing it and yet it seems that your prejudiced mind has already passed judgement on it:

not saying it's a game I'd truly enjoy

10 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Back to topic, putting OP overwhelmingly Frontwing fanatic tendency aside

"Frontwing fanatic tendency"? No, I am a True VN Fan™ and I will defend the honor of any VN companies that have proven themselves over the years by making fanastic VNs, wether it be Frontwing, âge, Eufonie, Key, Liar-soft, Makura, Minato Soft, Nitro+, propeller, Pulltop, Purple Software, Regista, Saga Planets, sprite, Type-Moon, Yuzu Soft and so many others!

Nice trolling, mate. If only your reserve would be as big as your vocabulary :Teeku:

That aside, speaking for myself - not playing something doesn't instantly mean "I'm in the dark", or "I haven't done any research". I perfectly know what kind of content Frontwing churns out and what kind of audience they are reaching towards. Not saying their games are inherently bad, but they have a genuine issue with keeping them self-respectable. That, or perhaps it's us, who place way too much expectations upfront.

Corona Blossom is a completely mediocre game. Such games are all fine when you want to relax and don't set your bar way too high, want to have a good laugh and/or fap, but I'm looking for something at least mildly more engaging, if we're also to talk about my preferences. That and the game itself is incredibly silly, but that's something most of us already got used to, with years of digging through japanese popculture.

43 minutes ago, Nier said:

I am a True VN Fan

Aren't we all? :makina:

1 hour ago, Nier said:

I am a True VN Fan

Ok then. I'm sorry for calling you Frontwing fanatic earlier here.

I will defend the honor of any VN companies that have proven themselves over the years by making fanastic VNs, wether it be Frontwing, âge, Eufonie, Key, Liar-soft, Makura, Minato Soft, Nitro+, propeller, Pulltop, Purple Software, Regista, Saga Planets, sprite, Type-Moon, Yuzu Soft and so many others!

May I ask the question whether if you will to defend Winged Cloud honor here because they technically already prove themselves over the years to making fantastic VNs, you know (If looking at many Sakura Vns on VNDB page, that is)? Oh, I knew the answer here (Of course you will if you True VN Fan™ here).

38 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Ok then. I'm sorry for calling you Frontwing fanatic earlier here.

May I ask the question whether if you will to defend Winged Cloud honor here because they technically already prove themselves over the years to making fantastic VNs, you know (If looking at many Sakura Vns on VNDB page, that is)? Oh, I knew the answer here (Of course you will if you True VN Fan™ here).

Fucking rekd, man :Teeku:

Unfortunately, they're OELVN™ developers, so propably nope. How they dare to exceed game sales of their kawaii-desu sempais from abroad!

RIOT!

So, I actually have read Corona Blossom vol. 1, and agree with Narcosis's assessment: it's pretty mediocre. It is certainly cute, but it didn't even tell me a complete story, and it didn't lure me in enough to be all that interested in the story it was telling. I actually like short kinetic novels, even episodic ones, and even ones that are basically moege. I thoroughly enjoyed Karakara; I liked WEE 1 and 2 and am looking forward to 3; and I thought SupiPara was okay and shows promise to be great. CoroBlo was a step below any of those.

1 hour ago, VLOCKUP said:

Actually, I actually curious but seems that you are Frontwing Int's staff, does FWI ever consider release the games mosaic-free?

if my memory serves me right they(FW) weren´t opposed to the idea itself, as stated in the recent AMA of theirs, but still somewhat looking into the possibility of the how, the which & the when. guess time will tell.

On 2016/8/30 at 7:00 PM, littleshogun said:

May I ask the question whether if you will to defend Winged Cloud honor here

Winged Cloud is not a VN company, it is an OELVN company.

Apples and oranges.

2 hours ago, VLOCKUP said:

Actually, I actually curious but seems that you are Frontwing Int's staff, does FWI ever consider release the games mosaic-free?

Listen, only very few Eroges companies do not mind having their recent work released in unmosaiced form, there are some exceptions such as Clock Up (which MangaGamer is partenered with) and Empress (which JAST USA is partnered with). But the japanese in general just do not like having their work floating out there in unmosaiced form, if it's an old game in general they probably won't really care though. Corona Blossom is a game made by Frontwing, published by Frontwing and just released with mosaics.

Have you all already forgotten about this?

https://www.fakku.net/forums/subscriptions/craving-scolding-removal

If you can not respect the wishes of someone that has different cultural values than your own, than you might as well either stop whatever it is you think you are doing with VNs or convert it into an OELVN-exclusive hobby. If a japanese dev is fine with having his superior work be desecrated as a way to douse the infernal whims of savages, they will offer the option. Otherwise stamping your foot down uncontrollably while being red faced all the while making incomprehensible noises and yells as a way to pressure the japanese dev into doing something they are not comfortable with is extremely disrespectful and egregious, not to mention it will just build walls and make things worse not better.

5 hours ago, Nier said:

Otherwise stamping your foot down uncontrollably while being red faced all the while making incomprehensible noises and yells as a way to pressure the japanese dev into doing something they are not comfortable with is extremely disrespectful and egregious, not to mention it will just build walls and make things worse not better.

Chill, dude. He literally asked a question. Not seeing a whole lot of uncontrollable red-faced foot-stamping here, except from you.

3 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Chill, dude. He literally asked a question. Not seeing a whole lot of uncontrollable red-faced foot-stamping here, except from you.

This was not aimed at him specifically, but in reponse to the vocal (and annoying) minority of "unmosaic beggars" by and at large.