top best selling eroge 2016 first half

erogamesales

bQQ2aXr.png

TOP 10:

1- Otome Riron to Sono go no Shuuhen -Belle Époque- (~27,117 copies)

2- Otome * Domain (~25,415 copies)

3- Wagamama High Spec (~21,712 copies)

4- Sankai Ou no Yubiwa (~20,424 copies)

5- Sengoku † Koihime ~Otome Kenran ☆ Sengoku Emaki~ (~15,203 copies)

6- D.S. -Dal Segno- (~14,582 copies)

7- Maitetsu (~13,593 copies)

8- Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart (~13,547 copies)

9- Boku to Koi Suru Ponkotsu Akuma. Suggoi Ecchi! (~12,420 copies)

10- Dungeon of Regalias ~Haitoku no Miyako Ishgalia~ (~11799 copies)

Cool, where did you get the concrete number of sales for each title? I usually check Getchu if I want to know what titles did sell well, but they don't give concrete numbers and it's just Getchu and no other retailers.

Anyway, no surprise Navel gives a damn about the west anymore with those sales numbers. And those titles sold for a little bit more than just 5 € apiece.

Still surprised about the high sales of Eushully's Sankai Ou no Yubiwa. Considering how bad it was received I'd expected it lower.

9 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Still surprised about the high sales of Eushully's Sankai Ou no Yubiwa. Considering how bad it was received I'd expected it lower.

compared to their previous one, it´s already been a whole damn less in terms of sales, but i guess stuff like that is bound to happen when company x starts giving a shit about it´s customers/long-term fanbase. rip

38 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Cool, where did you get the concrete number of sales for each title? I usually check Getchu if I want to know how what titles did sell well, but they don't give concrete numbers and it's just Getchu and no other retailers.

Anyway, no surprise Navel give a damn about the west anymore with those sales numbers. And those titles sold for a little bit more than just 5 € apiece.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/twode_perf/ lists sales but doesn't really provide the real numbers because it does't cover all the shops and sales between different shops can vary a lot thanks to shop tokuten

9 minutes ago, Okarin said:

Homely and unpopular Japanese girls need entertainment, too.

b-but those are called fujoshi and mostly interested in fictional(?) dudes getting pounded...

edit: sure there´re some who read otome, but surprisingly the majority of people i personally know of enjoying said genre is male.

19 minutes ago, XReaper said:

b-but those are called fujoshi and mostly interested in fictional(?) dudes getting pounded...

edit: sure there´re some who read otome, but surprisingly the majority of people i personally know of enjoying said genre is male.

They are not otome games.

1 hour ago, Qrqe said:

They are not otome games.

didnt mean those titles listed above, more generally speaking and been merely referring to the assumption of otome mostly being played/read by females.

edit: & regarding the topic itself, only dal segno´s good sales managed to surprise me quite abit

50 minutes ago, XReaper said:

edit: & regarding the topic itself, only dal segno´s good sales managed to surprise me quite abit

Yeah, me as well. I actually thought Circus' popularity went down over the years, but that looks pretty decent. Certainly enough to ensure them a warm meal per day for a while. ^_^

Btw, am I the only one who didn't know that the eighth placed Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart is getting an English release directly by Harukaze? I mean, a full cast of Onee-sama type heroines with gorgeous art and a rating of > 8 with a hundred votes on VNDB. That's definitely my cup of tea, so why the heck didn't I know about that release?! Was I just blind and missed the announcement, or wasn't there any? :o

23 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Btw, am I the only one who didn't know that the eighth placed Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart is getting an English release directly by Harukaze? I mean, a full cast of Onee-sama type heroines with gorgeous art and a rating of > 8 with a hundred votes on VNDB. That's definitely my cup of tea, so why the heck didn't I know about that release?! Was I just blind and missed the announcement, or wasn't there any? :o

there have been some pretty crudely worded flyers handed out to ax visitors, at frontwing´s panel if i remember correctly, and definitely nothing to look forward to in case they wont hire some professional staff for doing better, but who knows at this point...

1 hour ago, XReaper said:

didnt mean those titles listed above, more generally speaking and been merely referring to the assumption of otome mostly being played/read by females.

I mean, it's a pretty safe assumption. You really shouldn't use your highly anecdotal experiences to assume that most otome players are men.

22 minutes ago, granit said:

Wow, are trap protagonist really that popular now in the Japanese VN market or is it just a coincidence that the first two titles both have trap protags?

Well trap protagonist thing was always a trend, but this time its just a coincidence. There are some really hard fans of the Navel's Tsuriotsu & Otome Riron series so they're guaranteed to sell regardless of the quality and Otome Domain was lucky with the release date, there wasn't any games which is worth of buying so the protagonist's beauty (yep he is more beautiful than all other heroines) worked out pretty well.

With the numbers; june's top 3 sold a little more than 45.000 copies and Otome Domain got more than half of that because both of number 2 & 3 were pretty shitty, While April's top 3 sold more than 55.000 but none of them could pass Otome domain because there were some good alternatives and sales got splited up between those games. 

5 hours ago, WinterfuryZX said:

lol, a French school with Japanese uniforms, I want to play it for the lulz.

I'm 99% sure it'll include nothing french. :holo:

Like the ability to fuck your professor, fuck your hot female director, eat a kebab and fuck the female kebab master. :holo: 

6 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

I'm 99% sure it'll include nothing french. :holo:

Like the ability to fuck your professor, fuck your hot female director, eat a kebab and fuck the female kebab master. :holo: 

Seriously, it most probably is a japanese school teleported in France. They probably won't even try to justify the use of uniforms.

17 hours ago, granit said:

Wow, are trap protagonist really that popular now in the Japanese VN market or is it just a coincidence that the first two titles both have trap protags?

Traps are great, It was only a matter of time before the world caught on.