Rewrite+

Jibril

I guess they're riding the hype for the anime too huh.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-04-08/visualart-key-reveals-rewrite-visual-novel/.100832

http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/rewrite/

In a nutshell, they're re-releasing Rewrite with improvements and revisions to the story, scenario, sound effects and CG. It will also include the Harvest Festa fan disc, an arrangement CD, a radio show, and a Weiβ Schwarz original promotion card.

Release date is July 29. Priced at 8800 yen (approx. US$81).

PV is already up.

Pretty tempting... I never read Rewrite and it'd be neat to get everything in a full package with a "director's cut" of the game by Romeo. Maybe he will cut out Ryukishi and Tonokawa's routes.

It wouldn't do to not have read Rewrite and not be able to feel superior to the pleb when the anime airs. Gotta be elitist.

Key did nearly the same thing with Little Busters! as well. If anything, I have at times reflected with surprise that they haven't already done a Rewrite re-release and bolted on an additional route or something.

At least this way they're improving it in a way that will please the VN critics (yes, they exist; I'm looking at their posts now; I might even be one) who praise the Romeo routes and knock the others (rightly or wrongly - I'm explicitly not taking a stance and I really don't want to open that debate here, so, please, don't...).

3 hours ago, Silvz said:

I don't get you people's comments. Are they cutting any rotes?

No, I was joking around. Most likely nothing will be cut, they'll only change or add stuff. Supposedly Tanaka Romeo is rewriting (heh) the scenario for the anime so he might do some non-trivial changes to the actual game too. I wouldn't put too much faith in the freedom an anime writer has to change things but well.

I thought there were some bad parts to Lucia's route, mostly in the last third, but overall I enjoyed it a fair amount. Tonokawa's routes on the other hand (Chihaya and Shizuru), that shit was just inexcusable. 

To people hoping that they improve the pacing, they're certainly not going to remove scenes from the famously long common route, so...

On 9/4/2016 at 11:37 PM, Silvz said:

Lucia's was by far the best for me, while Chihaya's was the worst.

I dunno, after this and enduring the painful common route (already skipping, of course) to get into Sakuya's route, Terra better be something really awesome (which of course it won't) to save this shitty game. Because Moon, people say it isn't. Getting to Terra seems like bypassing the engulfing flames to save your dear one.

The Key train is wrecking, especially with this poor attempt to rehash X/1999 in a totally non-interesting way. Also, only playing Lucia's route and getting a glimpse of the true background behind the game, you see that this isn't serious writing.

The game has far better presentation than Little Busters, but as a Key work one reads it for the feels or at least for the story & character interaction. With the likes of this I expect Key going bust in under 5 years.

On 09/04/2016 at 5:04 AM, Nosebleed said:

This is basically their way of saying "Guys, we know the anime was horrendous, but it's okay, we got you covered with our polished game which you should totally buy instead".

Knowing 8bit, they're gonna condense an entire route into one episode.

5 hours ago, Okarin said:

I dunno, after this and enduring the painful common route (already skipping, of course) to get into Sakuya's route, Terra better be something really awesome (which of course it won't) to save this shitty game. Because Moon, people say it isn't. Getting to Terra seems like bypassing the engulfing flames to save your dear one.

The Key train is wrecking, especially with this poor attempt to rehash X/1999 in a totally non-interesting way. Also, only playing Lucia's route and getting a glimpse of the true background behind the game, you see that this isn't serious writing.

The game has far better presentation than Little Busters, but as a Key work one reads it for the feels or at least for the story & character interaction. With the likes of this I expect Key going bust in under 5 years.

Lucia's is the only one written by Ryukishi. I think it goes down to you liking his writing style or not. She is a typical yandere with a lot of good qualities, and the only route that truly focused on romance and not the whole earh-is-doomed stuff. It even starts playing with supernatural, which is totally Ryukishi's area.

I have to disagree with you about Terra. It was pretty painful to me, and I liked Moon a lot in comparison. Maybe if Moon had some kind of ending, it would be by far the best route, and the "true" one for me. I don't know about other Key games, but Terra really killed the mood for me doing all the "forget all important characters and let's focus in a new reality on which they don't exist yet [they were children] and also focus on these sad characters which didn't add anything to the game before

One last thing: I don't like fighting, action-based stories at all, so Terra [and also Chihaya's (hurr)] routes - since they were focused on that - did not get to my heart at all. Even Shizuru's route, which is like the second worst for me would be better just by actually having a good development. And a good ending.

All that, considering how I prefer romance + a good story, and also like Ryukishi and all his writing and pacing, I loved Lucia and consider her the best heroine from the game. But meh, everybody has different opinions, even more about Rewrite [and key] so I really don't mind people hating Lucia :P