Highschool Possession review discussion

Tyrael

Akiko is a Goody Two-Shoes that suffers from being in an emotionally abusive relationship with a guy that’s just using her for sex (interestingly, Hikaru chooses to have sex with the guy while in Akiko’s body, which just seems like a really odd thing to do as a guy)

What. 

Akiko is a Goody Two-Shoes that suffers from being in an emotionally abusive relationship with a guy that’s just using her for sex (interestingly, Hikaru chooses to have sex with the guy while in Akiko’s body, which just seems like a really odd thing to do as a guy)

What. 

Good catch, my bad.

What the fuck?

I am already afraid of the word "Sakura" in VN terms, now you want to add "Highschool" into that mix? What the hell am I suppose to play now? 

Clearly only games with the word "Fate" at the beginning, unles it's Fate Skaura Highschool. Then we're screwed.

While I have played all Fate games and other Type-Moon games and even Kira Kira, NVL VNs are such a bother to me because I despise stupid walls of fucking text covering my precious vn character's faces, so I tend to avoid NVL games like the plague.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Thanks again for the good review.

Ironstrom, the one who wrote a comment on the review hub, any idea how he is related to the project?

No idea. He did post a lengthy post defending the company on my sword of asumi review as well so I can only assume he has some kind of PR related function for them

Why do they keep giving you review keys?  xD

Some press is better than no press at all? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

They say there's no such thing as bad PR. I don't completely subscribe to that but sometimes if something gets panned really hard it has the affect of people wanting to read it just to see how bad it really is. Heck, I may get Sakura Santa just for that purpose. I'll probably buy it from Mangagamer if I do, so I'd probably get a Steam key for it. But if I give away the Steam key, I can't collect the cards...

They say there's no such thing as bad PR. I don't completely subscribe to that but sometimes if something gets panned really hard it has the affect of people wanting to read it just to see how bad it really is. Heck, I may get Sakura Santa just for that purpose. I'll probably buy it from Mangagamer if I do, so I'd probably get a Steam key for it. But if I give away the Steam key, I can't collect the cards...

Quite true, even if it gets anpther hole ripped open at least it gets to become infamous to the point people may spread this kind of decease xD

Yeah the power of social media and infamy are not to be trifled with. Thats how Katawa Shoujo became popular, because some reddit people were spamming "OMG you get to date chicks who are blind and with no limbs!" 

To be fair, I like Katawa Shoujo. And not just because you bang cripple girls.

Of course. Katawa Shoujo is not a perfect game, but it is a labour of love for sure. The story is engaging, has an okay protagonist (depends on the route I guess), the art is adorable and the music... A+

The best thing about KS for me personally were the H-scenes. They are very respectful towards the girls, which (in my experience) is a rarity for an eroge, even though it's an OELVN.

As far as OELVN's go, it's probably still the golden standard, along with Dysfunctional Systems and the like.