Fuwanovel Thoughts - Quarter 3

OriginalRen

Mystery month and the massive amounts of discussion I created mean nothing I suppose. Funny how it requires little to absolutely no effort to be a part of, yet people still sit on their ass and don't care. There is a VN discussion thread, recommendations, an anime thread, and a game. You see people actively taking 10 minutes of their day to care? Ha.

Well that's a load of bullshit. I tried posting VN discussion with old podcast questions, and a total of (maybe) 7 people participated. It wasn't until I forcibly reminded everyone that the thread existed that they finally started posting in it. Nobody wants to talk about VNs it seems, and those that do simply ignore the threads and go about their business like it's nothing.

Last time I asked Tay to check site data we were going as strong (or weak, depending on how you look at it) as ever. It's been a while now, though, so I guess there's that.

You can't force people to be interested in your content. I saw those- never posted because the whole thing was boring as **** to me it wasn't interesting in the first place. 

We're all here because we want to have fun. People shouldn't take 10 minutes of their day and force themselves to care. This whole thing to me just seems like a disguised BabyRage thread at how people aren't doing your stuff anymore, given that your point now was "but why they no care 'bout mah threads?!!" 

We still have almost as much VN activity as before (we never had much of it in the first place, I'll grant you that) so I'd say everything is fine. All else are distractions created out of necessity, so /shrug.

I think the whole fuwanovel being in decline thing is being pretty exaggerated. In my eyes, it's not much different from how it has been  over the last ~17 months I've been around. But I've also never really cared about the forums games, streams, podcasts, etc. I have a pretty one-track mind when it comes to this site.

I will say that I want to post more content to the main fuwanovel blog. I don't 100% know what I would be posting but I think some more front-page content would generate more traffic that could eventually bleed over to the forums. Maybe to start with something simple like basic news posts when fan patches and new VNs are released. I mean, it's better than nothing, right? I look at the front page and see nothing but our weekly VNTS posts and get a little depressed. 

We can't force anyone to do anything they don't want to. And if anyone thinks they can do something that would bring people together then it wouldn't hurt to do it. Having an admin that isn't as busy as Tay would be nice to just have some communication between staff and users.

I don't really see the need to force people to participate in activities though, no one needs to take 10 minutes of their time to do anything. If people want to take 10 minutes if their time it should be because they want to.

I think the whole fuwanovel being in decline thing is being pretty exaggerated. In my eyes, it's not much different from how it has been  over the last ~17 months I've been around. But I've also never really cared about the forums games, streams, podcasts, etc. I have a pretty one-track mind when it comes to this site.

It kind of is starting to become exaggerated at this point.

I would've loved to force people to make entries for that DATA_ENTRY;;;lfl;asjwaehkw game of yours since I was hyped to be Black Shadow but RIP

You know what, you made me realize something. I am still doing that game, regardless if I only have you participating. Still interested? Fuck everyone else.

You know what, you made me realize something. I am still doing that game, regardless if I only have you participating. Still interested? Fuck everyone else.

Deal.

I think the others that posted entries would be willing to play as well~

I will say that I want to post more content to the main fuwanovel blog. I don't 100% know what I would be posting but I think some more front-page content would generate more traffic that could eventually bleed over to the forums. Maybe to start with something simple like basic news posts when fan patches and new VNs are released. I mean, it's better than nothing, right? I look at the front page and see nothing but our weekly VNTS posts and get a little depressed. 

There was a Fuwazette report made in the Leadership Council back in July about its current status and future ambitions.

a TL;DR version of it would be 

I think the whole fuwanovel being in decline thing is being pretty exaggerated. In my eyes, it's not much different from how it has been  over the last ~17 months I've been around. 

I don't have any figures to back this up, but there seems to be more discussion in the VN forums than before. And of course there's far more translation and original development activity. So the guts of the forum is, imo, still going strong.

[JK] Alas, Fuwa took a gigantic hit when the Long Life people moved their discussion to another site and Kaguya took his spamming to PMs, I doubt the forums will ever recover (post wise) from those colossal losses :P [/JK]

There was a Fuwazette report made in the Leadership Council back in July about its current status and future ambitions.

a TL;DR version of it would be 

You know... yeah this makes sense. This is going to get a bit ranty. I don't know much about the LC, to be honest. I didn't even know it existed until months after it did exist. Every time I heard about it, it sounded like the dumbest possible thing. And it never surprises me with how little it achieved. Or is that achieves? Does it still continue to exist, impacting nothing at all? Who knows! Who cares! Not me. So you know, I'm just gonna hit Tay up on skype, ask him about maybe posting more stuff to the Fuwazette, and if he gives me the okay I'm gonna do it. Fuck bureaucracy, fuck red tape. I'm sure there were/are plenty of well-meaning people on the LC but I'd rather not sit around and talk about doing things while never actually doing them, I'd rather just do them once I decide I want to. 

That is indeed somewhat depressing. More content is always interesting. Moar moar!

Much like Decay I don't really see much changing. I remember this exact sort of "the forums are in decline" shizzle every time Tay goes on hiatus. Much like everyone suggests we got more admins every time that happens.

I'll participate in everything I think is interesting, and that just so happens to include your games, but you shouldn't expect every member to feel the same.

Below there's a somewhat not pretty and happy view of the forums that may be wildly inaccurate because I don't want to bother thinking about the 600th "Nothing's happening/Tay isn't here/The site is dying" thread I partake in:

You keep mentioning that we, the members, should make things happen.

Things don't happen because Fuwanovel has united members. Things happen because dictator Tay forces Nayleen and everyone else to slave away for the site (DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any slight misrepresentation of the facts) or just does things himself. It's not the community that makes things happen, so I don't know what you're expecting this time.

Every member will endeavour to do what they think is interesting. Ryechu works on reviews with Batman. Decay and Zaka handle the blogs. People like Rooke, me and anonymous x plot behind the scenes for the eventual Kangaroo takeover. Every member creates threads as they see fit. Discuss VN's. Spam the Coliseum of Chatter. PM people at random. Create forum games that nobody feels bothered to participate in. Love Liveliness. Anime sucks sometimes. Look at so many OELVN's and TL Projects.

From my point of view, the forums are plenty active.

I don't see where the delusion came from that we ever had this "mythical" unity you mention. If it was ever here, it's because Tay keeps making new projects and inviting members to take care of them; it is not the members that create projects and take them to Tay.

Usually, that is.

You know... yeah this makes sense. This is going to get a bit ranty. I don't know much about the LC, to be honest. I didn't even know it existed until months after it did exist. Every time I heard about it, it sounded like the dumbest possible thing. And it never surprises me with how little it achieved. Or is that achieves? Does it still continue to exist, impacting nothing at all? Who knows! Who cares! Not me. So you know, I'm just gonna hit Tay up on skype, ask him about maybe posting more stuff to the Fuwazette, and if he gives me the okay I'm gonna do it. Fuck bureaucracy, fuck red tape. I'm sure there were/are plenty of well-meaning people on the LC but I'd rather not sit around and talk about doing things while never actually doing them, I'd rather just do them once I decide I want to. 

Good idea. It can essentially be said that most people don't know what purpose the LC serves, including the LC members themselves, so just do your own thing.

Thank you.

It never really got up and running. Tay was, is, will be in the near or far away future, exploring possible power structures for when he leaves the site. Ignore the LC and just hit up Tay if you want something done. He loves both work and people flooding his various inboxes with queries, it gives him fuzzies and makes him feel appreciated. That day he had a thousand messages in his inbox he literally shed tears of joy. 

The Leadership Council's.... in need of another structural revamp. Or have someone lead and coordinate. idk, but it's pretty inactive.

In all honesty it's just another forum for site staff (mod team, reviews team, blog team, front site revamp team, think tank rangers) to group up and discuss site things if they want to

What Rooke says is true, but also ironic, cuz Tay made the LC with the specific intention of letting people do things without needing him around :P

What Rooke says is true, but also ironic, cuz Tay made the LC with the specific intention of letting people do things without needing him around :P

They did help me with ideas to get FuwaReviews back up and running, so they've got that going for them...  But Rooke has a sadistic side, so maybe I should say it was painful to try to implement that or something.

Anyway, I'm one step from literally being able to run FuwaReviews with exactly zero external input needed.  One step from world domination.

I do things, people just don't see them.

EDIT:  And no, it's not killing bats.  He's my bae, and you can't have him.

They did help me with ideas to get FuwaReviews back up and running, so they've got that going for them...  But Rooke has a sadistic side, so maybe I should say it was painful to try to implement that or something.

Anyway, I'm one step from literally being able to run FuwaReviews with exactly zero external input needed.  One step from world domination.

I do things, people just don't see them.

I will forever regret that the biggest post I have ever written on Fuwanovel will only ever be seen by your team and the Think Tank.

Indeed. Things happen sometimes, just not often, or fast, when everyone has to go to Tay because nobody is sure of what authority they hold to do things on their own.

Anyway, I'm one step from literally being able to run FuwaReviews with exactly zero external input needed.  One step from world domination..

Heh, my own little world domination scheme I had going earlier this year was buffing BMs, which went by pretty nicely I'd say.

We went from being limited to only merging/hiding/moving posts/threads in specific boards (life was super boring when I could only moderate Community Hub)

To having all the powers of GMs minus being able to ban people and delete stuff

and see Reports ._.

Heh, my own little world domination scheme I had going earlier this year was buffing BMs, which went by pretty nicely I'd say.

We went from being limited to only merging/hiding/moving posts/threads in specific boards

To having all the powers of GMs minus being able to ban people and delete stuff

and see Reports ._.

Give me access to FuwaReviews e-mail address then.

BE MAGICAL, DAMN YOU!

EDIT:  I know you can't do this, but I can dream, right?

I will forever regret that the biggest post I have ever written on Fuwanovel will only ever be seen by your team and the Think Tank.

My biggest posts will only be seen by Tay, and they involve reefing Fuwa into a direction that will most certainly outrage everything and everybody on this board, for no other reason than to outrage everything and everybody on this board. The angst gives me fuzzies. But alas, it involves having a Front site that can be changed and so, until then, I'm taking a little hiatus from the internet to work on my writing and to catch up on my reading (Yay books :3) No point making plans when there's no front site. I'm not bitter about anything though, things will move at their own pace