What are you playing?

The only ones from Grisaia that really left a mark on me were Makina's and Amane's, and I still think that Tsubaki's bad end is darker than either one.

Definitely. But Tsubaki's bad end is one of the 'best' I've seen out there, in my opinion it's the best in G-senjou. Although you'll see that the others aren't half bad either.

Definitely. But Tsubaki's bad end is one of the 'best' I've seen out there, in my opinion it's the best in G-senjou. Although you'll see that the others aren't half bad either.

I'm glad it's not just me that thought that.  I started shuddering when I read Kyousuke thinking,

She's become the girl I've wanted.

Really creeped me out, since I knew things would only get worse.  Really impressed by Akabe Soft2 right now; they went in a direction I didn't expect after reading Sharin.  If they ever localize anything, I'll throw my money at the faces of whoever is selling it.

Just finished Tsubaki's bad end...holy hell, that was dark.  Ugh...definitely wasn't expecting something so long and twisted.  Oh well, now I can get her good end.

I really need to go back and reread some of G-senjou. I don't remember Tsubaki's bad ending at all. The only bad end that ended up standing out in my head was Mizuha's.

I finished yumiko's route it was very good 

better than what i expected Maybe because i heard a lot of people say her route was the Weakest

her flashback wasn't the best amane and makina was better but the rest of her route was better than makina

the relationship between yuuji and yumiko was so beautiful

she is the best girl

her bad end didn't feel like bad end

and her good end was beautiful

i liked this beautiful cg so much

qKWstIY.jpg

next sachi's route

All this talk about Tsubaki. Damn I should pick up G-Senjou again. I actually stopped somewhere in her route. 

Just so you know, getting her bad end takes quite a bit longer than most of the ones I've gotten before.  It shares a large portion of text with the good end up to a point, but you have to make certain decisions before a certain situation occurs to even get the possibility of getting her bad end.

Been a month since I finished Ayakashibito, time to get back to reading. I was planning on reading Comyu but it didn't interested me that much after one hour of reading, might leave it for later. I'm thinking about finally reading Fate/Stay Night or G-Senjou no Maou, not sure which though.

Been a month since I finished Ayakashibito, time to get back to reading. I was planning on reading Comyu but it didn't interested me that much after one hour of reading, might leave it for later. I'm thinking about finally reading Fate/Stay Night or G-Senjou no Maou, not sure which though.

Well, F/sn is great, but...kinda depends what you want from a VN right now.  There's a ton of bad ends, and the protag, Shirou, is a bit annoying in most of the routes.  He thinks that no woman, even ones more powerful than he is, should ever fight for any reason, and his Servant, Saber, is a woman, so...yeah.  He also dreams of being a superhero and being able to save everyone.  Don't get me wrong, I love F/sn, but Shirou pisses me off in every route except Unlimited Blade Works.  So epic.  Also, there's 3 routes, and while the first two are fairly lighthearted, the last one gets really dark and disturbing compared to the first two, regardless of what end you get.  Anyway, F/sn is more about romance and fantasy, and has a lot of magic, weapons, and fight scenes.  Since it's fantasy, it's not very realistic, but that's to be expected.  One of the things I thought was really interesting about F/sn is that it compiles a lot of lore that it uses as inspiration for the Servants, which are basically summoned spirits.  Pretty much every servant seems to be based off of a powerful hero from myths from various countries.  They also rank them according to their stats, and list what accessories and/or weapons each Servant has, both of which are closely linked to their lore.

G-Senjou seems to be more about the game of cat and mouse, subtle mind games and the inner demons within one's soul.  I say "seems to be" because I'm only on the first route, Tsubaki's.  It's more realistic than F/sn, and isn't packed with bad ends.  The protag is more shades-of-grey than Shirou, and can be truly despicable at times, but so far only seems to be that way in the bad ends.  He's on the line between good and evil, and can't seem to decide which side he should ultimately embrace.  It's not as action-packed as F/sn, but that's to be expected, considering what it focuses on.  The antagonist, Maou, strongly reminds me of The Riddler from Batman; he tests people with mind games for fun and seems to truly be evil, and he has a long, complicated plan about what he wants to happen.

I can elaborate more on either one if you want.  Hope my summaries help.  They're both great VNs, and I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Those were actually REALLY helpful, straightforward and simple summaries. Helped me more than some reviews I've read, thanks. I'll go with Fate for now, see you guys in 649841656756 years.

Happy to help!  ^_^   Glad they weren't too random or anything.  I can start to ramble occasionally if I talk about something I really like.

Have fun with Nasu's h-scenes  xD  They're so bad they're hilarious.  Seriously, if I remember correctly, one of the lines from one went "It felt so good I wanted to vomit".  No joke.

Happy to help!  ^_^   Glad they weren't too random or anything.  I can start to ramble occasionally if I talk about something I really like.

Have fun with Nasu's h-scenes  xD  They're so bad they're hilarious.  Seriously, if I remember correctly, one of the lines from one went "It felt so good I wanted to vomit".  No joke.

OOOOHHHHMMMYYYGGGOOOODDD. How the hell is this not a joke? Who allowed a trainee to do the h-scenes?

I have to throw my recommendation to G-Senjou. Mostly because the Fate route can be a little tedious to read as FSN has an incredible amount of lore that is explained from excessive heaps of infodumping. I don't know if infodumping is something that bothers you or not, but I really dislike it. ^^ But once you've gotten to a certain point in UBW, it's a blast to read. It's easy to come to love Nasuverse once you've experienced most of the works involved in it.

As someone who's currently finished Tsubaki's route and is currently in Kanon's, I'd say it's significantly easier to read. With the mind games, the plot setup, yakuza, and intrigue building, it's consistently engaging and has a likable character cast.

The antagonist, Maou, strongly reminds me of The Riddler from Batman; he tests people with mind games for fun and seems to truly be evil, and he has a long, complicated plan about what he wants to happen.

Oh man, it's been so long since I've watched Batman, and even more so since I've seen the Riddler. Didn't think to make the connection until you mentioned him. :P

Edit: Oh okay. Just a word of warning, reading FSN is like training in the mountains. It's pretty long! In fact, it's the 2nd longest VN I've ever read with 1st being Rewrite.

I have to throw my recommendation to G-Senjou. Mostly because the Fate route can be a little tedious to read as FSN has an incredible amount of lore that is explained from excessive heaps of infodumping. I don't know if infodumping is something that bothers you or not, but I really dislike it. ^^ But once you've gotten to a certain point in UBW, it's a blast to read. It's easy to come to love Nasuverse once you've experienced most of the works involved in it.

As someone who's currently finished Tsubaki's route and is currently in Kanon's, I'd say it's significantly easier to read. With the mind games, the plot setup, yakuza, and intrigue building, it's consistently engaging and has a likable character cast.

Oh man, it's been so long since I've watched Batman, and even more so since I've seen the Riddler. Didn't think to make the connection until you mentioned him. :P

Edit: Oh okay. Just a word of warning, reading FSN is like training in the mountains. It's pretty long! In fact, it's the 2nd longest VN I've ever read with 1st being Rewrite.

I dunno, I kinda liked the infodumping.  Whenever a new Servant got introduced or an existing one had bits of their past revealed, I'd save and go back to the title screen just so I could review all of the info about them.  I was a big fan of The Legend of King Arthur and Greek myths, so that might be a big part of it.  I absolutely love feeling immersed in story, and F/sn does a great job of doing that.  But yeah, it is pretty damn long.  Took quite a lot of time to get through it, and I didn't even unlock the Realta Nua ending.  That was just too much for me to do  :/  I just watched it on YouTube.

I haven't really read the Batman comics or watched that much of the cartoons, but I've played both the Arkham games, which is the version of the Riddler I compared Maou to.  But yeah, it's kinda strange.  The Riddler doesn't seem to be that popular of a villain anymore.  Guess he's not dangerous enough to hold peoples' attention anymore.

EDIT: Haru just called Eiichi "Frieza" during one of Kyousuke's "God" bits  xD  This is just too funny.

Yeah, before I got to Tsubaki's chapter most of the funny bits were either from Eiichi being a douche/spaz, Kyousuke's Kami bits, and Haru saying random stuff about penguins.  Now, though...oh my God.  Tsubaki's little brother, Hiroaki, just got Kyousuke to take a bath with him, and the instant it time shifts to them being in the bathroom Hiroaki says, "Who's bigger, me or Onii-chan~?"  Kyousuke's only response was, "If I'm smaller than you, I'll kill myself."

The lolz...they're too much...

Haru is eccentric to the point of almost being trippy. This is one of my favorite lines from her:

4156151521521.png

Haru's awesome! <3

10/10

I know right?! I love everything about Haru, she's like the ideal character in my eyes (well, next to a certain someone with the same voice actress <-- Kawashima Rino). Speaking of which, her VA, to me, is the single most stand-out and noticeable VAs I ever hear from when it's in VNs or anything japanese related. G-Senjou, Kara no Shoujo, Ikikoi, Subarashiki Hibi, Natsukumo, many more, etc. as well as some anime. She always voices such amazing eccentric/stand-out characters, and thus it makes her voice just as noticeable. Especially to the point where I'm able to immediately tell it's her without reading a CV description. :D A definite favorite~

Does anyone know the VA that voices Kanon?  She has a pretty distinctive voice, so I'm pretty sure I've never heard anything she's in, aside from G-senjou.

After some research, I've found out that her name is Koorogi Satomi, she used the name Kawai Haruka for G-senjou though.

Edit: Ninja, ninja everywhere.

I know right?! I love everything about Haru, she's like the ideal character in my eyes (well, next to a certain someone with the same voice actress <-- Kawashima Rino). Speaking of which, her VA, to me, is the single most stand-out and noticeable VAs I ever hear from when it's in VNs or anything japanese related. G-Senjou, Kara no Shoujo, Ikikoi, Subarashiki Hibi, Natsukumo, many more, etc. as well as some anime. She always voices such amazing eccentric/stand-out characters, and thus it makes her voice just as noticeable. Especially to the point where I'm able to immediately tell it's her without reading a CV description. :D A definite favorite~

What? Is it Yukari? It is Yukari right? Now that I think about it, their voice is kinda similar.

Edit: I know it! It's Yukari afterall!

Edit 2: It looks like she voiced Orihime too. Now it feels weird  :mellow:

Haven't seen/read the rest of the stuff she's in. :P

Me either.  I've only seen dubs of Pokemon, so I definitely haven't heard her in from that.

Just finished Tsubaki's route.  Cried a little bit at the end, since dem feels always get me.  I honestly thought Tsubaki's character development was better than the route itself.