What are you playing?

It helps when you read them back to back. Make it easier to distinguish. Nothing to really feel dumb about, given it's a voice in a language you don't understand.

Even if you don't understand the language one should be able to notice certain voice tones and quirks after being exposed to it for a while.

Even if you don't understand the language one should be able to notice certain voice tones and quirks after being exposed to it for a while.

I wouldn't say should, but I'd probably just be making excuses. I'm not really what you'd call an observant person. :lol:  Stuff like that flies over my head until someone points it out to me.

I wouldn't say should, but I'd probably just be making excuses. I'm not really what you'd call an observant person. :lol:  Stuff like that flies over my head until someone points it out to me.

My track record there is so-so sometimes obvious thing fly over my head other times I notice things that may not be that apparent.

To get the topic back on track I'm currently playing Rewrite and I'm loving the common route, I've only played until the Kotarou first meets Akane but I'm enjoying it a great deal.

Enjoy G-senjou. It was my first visual novel and it got me interested with the medium. It's certainly not the best VN and it falls short in some areas, but I do wish I could experience reading it for the first time again.

Thanks!  I've only really heard good things about it, so I have a decently high expectation.  I have faith in Akabesoft2.  They shall deliver  :3

WHAT I never realized that.

Sometimes I'm so ignorant about obvious things.

Me too, I feel so dumb sometimes. At least i was able to notice that Kagome's voice in comyu and Yumiko's voice in grisaia is done by the same VA.

I'm pretty sure we all feel like dumbasses at some point or another.  No need to beat yourselves up about something that doesn't matter that much  :/  Besides, I only finished Sharin today, so I had a huge advantage for recognizing her voice.

Seriously, though, if you have glasses, you know what feeling like a huge idiot is like.  I can't count how many times I've "lost" my glasses and realized that they were on my face the entire time.

It helps when you read them back to back. Make it easier to distinguish. Nothing to really feel dumb about, given it's a voice in a language you don't understand.

Pretty much this.  I mean, I only 100%'d Sharin today, so the characters' voices are still fresh in my memory.  It also helped that Sumire Murasakibana did almost nothing to change her voice for G-senjou, so...almost exactly the same as her Touka voice.

EDIT: Am I the only person here that thinks Kanon's voice is absolutely adorable?  I mean, I can see it starting to get annoying eventually, but right now I think it's really cute.

So I'm still with Katawa Shoujo... I just finished my 4th route with Lilly's. I've to say it's the best till now (by far). Before I begun I thought that Lilly's route might be a boring one (based on the impressions I had of her in the other routes). But I'm so glad I was wrong ;). I loved her personality and the whole route felt so honest, i really love that stuff. Also Lilly looked adorable at the CG's (not like the other ones ;) ).

And the story...

It almost broke my heart as Lily moved to Scotland

;) ... My mind goes WTF!? I thought that should be a good ending and why the hell Hisao does not do anything against it?! ... In the end it was than predictable, but whatever I loved that.

To Summarize: Lilly & Hisao are really great -> maybe my favourite pairing of all VN's till now. I will now move on to the last one -> Emi... I hope it will be a good journey. ANd after that i think i go after all the bad ends :).

Most of Emi's route is hilarious.  That gym shed h-scene  xD  You'll know it when you get to it.  It's infamous.

Welp, so far I think Tsubaki and Kanon are absolutely adorable.  I plan on doing their routes first.  I keep expecting Tsubaki to go all tsundere because of the VA  lol

EDIT: Am I the only person here that thinks Kanon's voice is absolutely adorable?  I mean, I can see it starting to get annoying eventually, but right now I think it's really cute.

I know right? Everyone seem to hate Kanon's voice for some reason. I find it really cute though, especially when she calls herself Non-chan.

I'm still at Chapter 1 of My Girlfriend is the President. I'm kinda lazy busy right now.

Most of Emi's route is hilarious.  That gym shed h-scene  xD  You'll know it when you get to it.  It's infamous.

Welp, so far I think Tsubaki and Kanon are absolutely adorable.  I plan on doing their routes first.  I keep expecting Tsubaki to go all tsundere because of the VA  lol

I know right? Everyone seem to hate Kanon's voice for some reason. I find it really cute though, especially when she calls herself Non-chan.

I'm still at Chapter 1 of My Girlfriend is the President. I'm kinda lazy busy right now.

Kanon's voice is great, it's a mixture of aloofness and sweetness. I didn't know it wasn't liked that much though. Also be prepared for the Tsubaki twists Zeno.

Kanon's voice is great, it's a mixture of aloofness and sweetness. I didn't know it wasn't liked that much though. Also be prepared for the Tsubaki twists Zeno.

I have never seen someone praise Kanon's voice here on fuwa actually. Even if someone talk about it, they would usually say something like her voice is annoying, etc. Well, I'm not the most active member out there so I might missed a thing or two when I'm not looking.

I have never seen someone praise Kanon's voice here on fuwa actually. Even if someone talk about it, they would usually say something like her voice is annoying, etc. Well, I'm not the most active member out there so I might missed a thing or two when I'm not looking.

Well I usually like the voices most people find annoying, for example Makina from Grisaia and Chinami from Hoshimemo.

Wut...I have to admit, Chinami's voice annoyed the hell out of me.  It was more the sheer repetition of Onii-chan! (x3) that made me start thinking her entire voice was irritating than anything else, but still.

Yeah, same here.  I mean, addition to talking in third person, she uses a nickname for herself when she's happy.  So cute!

I hadn't actually heard someone say she had an annoying voice, I was just guessing, really.  I figured that either people would love it or find it annoying, which seems to be right on the nose.

I'm scared...are the twists on the level of Sharin?  Those twists were crazy.

Guess that's a nice change of pace for me, then.  Most of the VNs I've read so far are only really slice of life with a focus on romance (aside from Kajitsu, which just does whatever the hell it wants), so having some mystery and plot twists thrown in there should be fun ^_^

EDIT: Haru: "Sorry for being on the cute side of disgusting." 

I think I'm going to like this VN a lot  xD

I know My Anime List has it.  Maybe I'll try to get VNDB's staff to try implementing it.  Couldn't hurt to try, right?

Wow, no surprise you don't remember much of them.  I'm starting to forget a lot of Grisaia's common route, and it hasn't even been a year since I read it.

That's pretty scary, you're taking the words right out of my mouth.  I have a hard time even remembering names for up to a week after I meet someone.

Well, I made a thread on VNDB suggesting the addition of a "Date Added/Finished" option for VN lists.  Should I also email VNDB about it, or do you guys think that'll be enough?