What are you playing?

Me either.  I've only seen dubs of Pokemon, so I definitely haven't heard her in from that.

Just finished Tsubaki's route.  Cried a little bit at the end, since dem feels always get me.  I honestly thought Tsubaki's character development was better than the route itself.

I meant including FMA. ;)

I don't remember many details from G-Senjou, but I definitely liked Tsubaki. That bad end though... :(

I meant including FMA. ;)

I don't remember many details from G-Senjou, but I definitely liked Tsubaki. That bad end though... :(

Wait, you haven't seen FMA?  *gasp*

Yeah...it was twisted as hell, but I can't deny that it was one of the best bad ends I've read so far, if not the best.  Really just takes your heart and stomps on it.

Wait, you haven't seen FMA?  *gasp*

Yeah...it was twisted as hell, but I can't deny that it was one of the best bad ends I've read so far, if not the best.  Really just takes your heart and stomps on it.

I don't watch your silly animus. :ph34r:

While F/SN styled bad ends where you make a wrong choice and die 3 lines later are fun, they really don't have the impact of a good bad end.

I don't watch your silly animus. :ph34r:

While F/SN styled bad ends where you make a wrong choice and die 3 lines later are fun, they really don't have the impact of a good bad end.

hahaha-why-you-lie-to-me.jpg?1374190381

I thought the F/sn deaths were hilarious.  Pick a wrong choice by accident and you get to see Shirou die painfully, sometimes for no good reason!  But yeah, I'm more of a fan of the meaningful bad ends, like Tsubaki's, Amane's and Natsumi's.  If they don't make me feel like a horrible person, then the end isn't a true bad end.

hahaha-why-you-lie-to-me.jpg?1374190381

I thought the F/sn deaths were hilarious.  Pick a wrong choice by accident and you get to see Shirou die painfully, sometimes for no good reason!  But yeah, I'm more of a fan of the meaningful bad ends, like Tsubaki's, Amane's and Natsumi's.  If they don't make me feel like a horrible person, then the end isn't a true bad end.

No, I'm serious... I only watch the good ones. :Kappa:

Now that I think about it, I can't recall very many games with meaningful bad ends...

No, I'm serious... I only watch the good ones. :Kappa:

Now that I think about it, I can't recall very many games with meaningful bad ends...

Huh, my troll sense just activated...strange, you're the only one here.  Oh well, must have been a mistake.  I know you'd never troll me.

Yep, I can't think of any more, aside from Makina's in Kajitsu.  That one creeped me the hell out.  That trash bag  O.o

Huh, my troll sense just activated...strange, you're the only one here.  Oh well, must have been a mistake.  I know you'd never troll me.

Yep, I can't think of any more, aside from Makina's in Kajitsu.  That one creeped me the hell out.  That trash bag  O.o

Sorry, that's an unintended side-effect of :Kappa:. It makes people think you're trolling them when you're completely serious. :Kappa: Sorry, reflex.

Some "good" ends in VNs can be pretty brutal too.

Sorry, that's an unintended side-effect of :Kappa:. It makes people think you're trolling them when you're completely serious. :Kappa: Sorry, reflex.

Some "good" ends in VNs can be pretty brutal too.

95630-BLYxr.gif

Got any examples?  Might just be my terrible memory, but I can't think of any depressing "good" endings from the VNs I've read.

95630-BLYxr.gif

Got any examples?  Might just be my terrible memory, but I can't think of any depressing "good" endings from the VNs I've read.

Well, by "good ends" I really mean ones that aren't bad ends simply because you don't lose once you reach them. True end kind of fits, but that kind of implies it is the only true end.

As for examples, the easiest ones are Saya, Cross Channel and Air. Although I guess it is the true end for them. 

Oh, there's also a bad end in Symphonic Rain which doesn't seem too bad until you play the whole game.

While I'm probably still in the prologue I just remembered Draculius was written by the same guy who wrote the Grisaia games. So is Misao essentially proto-Michiru?

Edit: I know I should pronounce it differently but I can't help but read Elshlant's nickname of choice as "Belch" :P

Edit of Edit: Came across Narg's review, apparently that is the correct way of reading it :unsure:

Well, by "good ends" I really mean ones that aren't bad ends simply because you don't lose once you reach them. True end kind of fits, but that kind of implies it is the only true end.

As for examples, the easiest ones are Saya, Cross Channel and Air. Although I guess it is the true end for them. 

Oh, there's also a bad end in Symphonic Rain which doesn't seem too bad until you play the whole game.

Oh yeah, I forgot how depressing the endings to Saya no Uta are.  I'll laugh so hard if they somehow make an all-ages version of Saya.  That'd be a sight to see.

Oh, boy, I get to look forward to that in Cross Channel.  Do you remember if that particular ending is good or not?

Oh yeah, I forgot how depressing the endings to Saya no Uta are.  I'll laugh so hard if they somehow make an all-ages version of Saya.  That'd be a sight to see.

Oh, boy, I get to look forward to that in Cross Channel.  Do you remember if that particular ending is good or not?

Cross Channel is structured pretty differently from most VNs, hard to explain without spoiling. I'll just say that yes, it is good.

Well, rather than spoiling anything, it's pretty damn well done. It's depressing, but it's great either way you look at it. That said, it depends on your viewpoint of the certain scenario. Oh, and also, it's good to use a guide after you get frustrated exploring all the alternate ends. That game is a bitch to get right. Though that's just my opinion.

For that to happen, almost everything would have to be rewritten from scratch. Saya's just not the kind of story that can happen without H scenes. :P

For that to happen, almost everything would have to be rewritten from scratch. Saya's just not the kind of story that can happen without H scenes. :P

3163720+_13acb23c760a88a5fd38ae02ba10bdf

I haven't read Saya no Uta, but I know the plot, since I looked it up after people were talking about it.  Gore and weird-ass h-scenes, gore and weird-ass h-scenes everywhere.

Cross Channel is structured pretty differently from most VNs, hard to explain without spoiling. I'll just say that yes, it is good.

Huh.  Should be interesting, then.  Most VNs that are structured differently tend to be at least interesting, if not good.  Nothing bugs me as much as a crappy ending, so I'm happy to know I won't be irritated after finishing Cross Channel.

Still playing Muramasa. I think I am nearing the ending - I've already finished the 'bad' one (and damn Kageaki was the pinnacle of badassery there :D ). There are still some things left unanswered, so I am hoping they sort all that out before the ending - it all depends on how this ends; if it's amazing, it's an easy 10/10 from me.

Oh also, there was a joke  part where about every single heroine from previous Nitro+ titles makes a cameo. I think I've never laughed so hard - and by the time Saya showed up, I was nearly dying. :D The humour in this VN is incredible, it's so absurd and out of nowhere that it gets me every single time. :D

3163720+_13acb23c760a88a5fd38ae02ba10bdf

I haven't read Saya no Uta, but I know the plot, since I looked it up after people were talking about it.  Gore and weird-ass h-scenes, gore and weird-ass h-scenes everywhere.

Huh.  Should be interesting, then.  Most VNs that are structured differently tend to be at least interesting, if not good.  Nothing bugs me as much as a crappy ending, so I'm happy to know I won't be irritated after finishing Cross Channel.

No way! Saya no Uta is about love and cute lolis. :o

As for Cross Channel, the ending is decent. It's nothing mindblowing, but it is satisfying, in one way or another. Also, I know I say this pretty much every single time, but play without a walkthrough if you can. The interesting structure is one of the VNs (plot-related) strong-points, and spoling that with a walkthrough would be a shame. The choices aren't difficult to understand at all - and even if you were to get frustrated for a little bit, that only plays into the VN's plot in my opinion.

Speaking of all-ages stuff, there is a console port of Cross+Channel. I wonder what they do with the h-scenes in that...

I had a hard time reading Cross Channel.

I don't even know why it's so high rated. Maybe because I didn't understand half of the game? And the extra story named "Tower of Friends" if IRC. What the hell was that?

I wasn't expecting the title to be lieteral .-:

Maybe I'm too dumb to understand.

Oh well. no point killing myself about it

Heh, I finally started reading F/SN after being persuaded an am around Day 5, Fate. So far it's intriguing but I can't read more than a couple of hours before needing a break. I get the feeling that all the info dumps and therefore the whole universe with so much substance are F/SN biggest benefit and flaw at the same time.

Oh yeah, Rin Tohsaka best girl.

I had a hard time reading Cross Channel.

I don't even know why it's so high rated. Maybe because I didn't understand half of the game? And the extra story named "Tower of Friends" if IRC. What the hell was that?

I wasn't expecting the title to be lieteral .-:

Maybe I'm too dumb to understand.

Oh well. no point killing myself about it

I had a hard time reading it as well, which was largely the main character's fault. There was a certain charm to it once I got past the first or second segment, but I still ended up giving it a 7/10. Didn't read the additional story, though.

No way! Saya no Uta is about love and cute lolis. :o

As for Cross Channel, the ending is decent. It's nothing mindblowing, but it is satisfying, in one way or another. Also, I know I say this pretty much every single time, but play without a walkthrough if you can. The interesting structure is one of the VNs (plot-related) strong-points, and spoling that with a walkthrough would be a shame. The choices aren't difficult to understand at all - and even if you were to get frustrated for a little bit, that only plays into the VN's plot in my opinion.

Speaking of all-ages stuff, there is a console port of Cross+Channel. I wonder what they do with the h-scenes in that...

And giant flesh blobs making it with crazy dudes. Also cannibalism. Fun for the whole family!

Hmmm...I usually use walkthroughs in order to save time and get 100% completion, but if you insist that it'll ruin the story, I'll consider not using one.  I haven't spoiled the plot by using one so far, but I'll take your word on it.

Are the h-scenes important to the story or something?  'cause if not, I wouldn't be surprised if they just cut them out, like Sekai is doing with Kajitsu.

And giant flesh blobs making it with crazy dudes. Also cannibalism. Fun for the whole family!

Hmmm...I usually use walkthroughs in order to save time and get 100% completion, but if you insist that it'll ruin the story, I'll consider not using one.  I haven't spoiled the plot by using one so far, but I'll take your word on it.

Are the h-scenes important to the story or something?  'cause if not, I wouldn't be surprised if they just cut them out, like Sekai is doing with Kajitsu.

But really, thinking of Saya no Uta as a regular guro title would be a shame. In the end, the grotesque setting is just the means to tell the story, which'd be a shame to miss out on in my opinion. Well, I'm not sure how much enjoyment you'd get out of i after having spoiled the whole thing, but since it's much more about the journey rather than the ending, I'd say it still holds plenty of value. If you ever feel like reading something short, definitely give it a shot - unless you hate horror stories, that is.

I just like to discover the structure (and routes) of the VN on my own. Those are usually just small details, but I like to go into VNs blind. If you feel like that doesn't matter much or that bad ends are a pain, by all means go with the walkthrough. :)

The thing with Cross+Channel is that it is quite reliant on the ero thanks to the main character. That made it incredibly hard to get into for me at first - the first impression is very off-putting to say the least, if you don't like nukige - but at least there is a plot-related reason for it. It's no Fate/stay night-like afterthought, but they probably could've done without the extremely long h-scenes too. The important fact is that they're in there - you can skip the contents itself without losing much, I think. I did the same too. I suppose they just skip the h itself in the console version? I'm just curious how they go about it.