What are you playing?

Anyway...Hoshimemo focuses pretty hard on drama and romance, but when you finish Komomo's route, your whole perception of it is gonna go right out the window.  Actually was a lot deeper than I expected it to be.

I have heard mixed things from people, but that's a very encouraging endorsement.

I have heard mixed things from people, but that's a very encouraging endorsement.

I mean, it's definitely not the best VN I've ever read.  It has several flaws, but it's definitely worth reading in spite of that.  One of those flaws' is named Isuzu Aoi, whom I loathe.  Seriously, worst heroine.  Anyway, it kinda of stuck a cord with me, since Komomo's issue is pretty similar to something I've had to deal with previously in life.  Can't really say anything else without spoiling it, but...even though it seems like a generic slice of life romcom, it's not.  Once you get to Komomo and Kosame's route, that'll become pretty clear.

I mean, it's definitely not the best VN I've ever read.  It has several flaws, but it's definitely worth reading in spite of that.  One of those flaws' is named Isuzu Aoi, whom I loathe.  Seriously, worst heroine.  Anyway, it kinda of stuck a cord with me, since Komomo's issue is pretty similar to something I've had to deal with previously in life.  Can't really say anything else without spoiling it, but...even though it seems like a generic slice of life romcom, it's not.  Once you get to Komomo and Kosame's route, that'll become pretty clear.

I think I've settled on reading it next after I wrap up Koichoco hopefully this weekend. Appreciate your thoughts.

I just started Sharin no Kuni, I hope it's as awesome as everyone says it is.

This is coming off of having just finished Remember 11, which really bugged the hell out of me. What a garbage ending. I was really expecting it to be something on the level of Ever 17, but no, it didn't even come close.

And in non VN news, I just finished Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright. It's pretty awesome, though it really feels like a Professor Layton game that Phoenix and Maya just happened to show up in. I feel like if the story was just a little less nonsensical, it could have been better. Still, if you're a fan of either series, I think it's worth picking up, and if you're a fan of both than it's a must-buy. Though I have to admit, the puzzles are really weak compared to other Layton titles. The court stuff is generally pretty good, with some new mechanics that make it feel like a pretty unique Ace Attorney experience.

Will someone please explain how the route system in Comyu works? I guess I just finished the first playthrough (with no heroine route or w/e) and then I look at the Comyu walkthrough on fuwa and its saying heroine 1,2,3,4 and then play heroine 1 route 2-3 times or something. Its just throwing my simple mind off. 

I love the fact that Dangan Ronpa 2 just insulted the entire plot of it's first game in the prologue. 

So far my favorite characters are Chiaki, Mahiru, Sonia and Mikan (who's tripping makes my day).  Let's see what happens. 

Mikan is the cutest. <3

The DR1 jabs only get weirder as it continues. Finished chapter 1 myself, and I'm not even sure how to take it anymore. 

Will someone please explain how the route system in Comyu works? I guess I just finished the first playthrough (with no heroine route or w/e) and then I look at the Comyu walkthrough on fuwa and its saying heroine 1,2,3,4 and then play heroine 1 route 2-3 times or something. Its just throwing my simple mind off. 

Then here's some help for your simple mind.

Your 1st playthrough will lead you to heroine 1. 

Then you can play whichever routes you want, except the last one(Hinaori Kagome).

Once you have finished all but the last route, you'll unlock the last heroine(Hinaori Kagome), the true one.

There are 5 heroines. 

1st playthrough - Heroine 1

2nd playthrough - Heroine 2, 3 or 4

3rd playthrough - Heroine 2, 3 or 4

4th playthrough - Heroine 2, 3 or 4

5th playthrough - Heroine 5

Then here's some help for your simple mind.

Your 1st playthrough will lead you to heroine 1. 

Then you can play whichever routes you want, except the last one(Hinaori Kagome).

Once you have finished all but the last route, you'll unlock the last heroine(Hinaori Kagome), the true one.

There are 5 heroines. 

1st playthrough - Heroine 1

2nd playthrough - Heroine 2, 3 or 4

3rd playthrough - Heroine 2, 3 or 4

4th playthrough - Heroine 2, 3 or 4

5th playthrough - Heroine 5

The first full playthrough completes heroine 1 it's the only one you can do, after that it unlocks heroines 2, 3 and 4, leaving heroine 5 for when you finished all the other routes.

edit: to check if you've done heroine 1 at all check the scenario select screen and see if in the options above it says heroine 1 or benio, if it says benio you have completed the heroine 1 route, there is some extra lines of text in the route after you finish it, you can read them if you want.

It kinda went like this, for the company who made it.

PLANNED(this might be inaccurate, as I no longer remember the source): 1st route(leave us in the dark) - 2nd route(enlighten some stuff) - 3rd route(explain everything)

But in the middle of Saturou's route (2nd), they kinda run out of budget and had to cut it short, fitting everything they could into Saturou's.

The company later went on to go bankrupt.

So, that wasn't the planned ending at all, the developers just had to make do with what they could.

Never 7 is the first game in the infinity series. Therefore, it doesn't have any similar issues.

However! I it's pretty much a romance game most of the time, except for the true route, unlike Ever17 and Remember11 which focus more on the Sci-Fi and mindscrew all the way through. Think of it like this:

Light mindcrew - heavy romance: Never 7

Medium mindscrew - medium romance: Ever17

Heavy mindcrew - light romance: Remember 11

I actually enjoy both elements quite a bit, so I suppose I will play Never 7. I was thinking about just leaving it alone, since Remember 11 put such a sour taste in my mouth, but now it sounds like it's worth my time. Thanks for the heads up! Also, The Edgeworth pic: badass. Ace Attorney is my favorite series of any genre of game. 

So lately I randomly decided I'd give ToHeart2 a shot. I've played most of the routes in the partial translation patch right now and figured I'd give some thoughts. At first I was thinking that it was better than expected, but then once I completed some routes, I felt very disappointed. Each story typically ends immediately after confession with only a short epilogue. Some of them end right when it feels like they're just starting to get going. It seems almost random where they decided to focus their efforts, for whatever reason the Twins route is way longer than even the main heroine's route. Maybe they did that because she had a lot of scenes in the common route? I also don't like the way your main group of friends, and pretty much everyone else, disappears from the picture completely in each of the heroine routes (except for the Twins route, it really feels like they spent the most effort on that one for some reason). For the plus sides, some of the scenes are kinda funny, and... hrm, I'm actually having difficulty naming more plus sides. I don't think I'm going to finish out the last few routes in the partial, nor do I think I'll play the completed version when that eventually comes out. On a side note: The translation quality is unfortunately pretty bad. This is for supposedly TLCed and edited routes, too. Hopefully that gets better in future versions of the patch.

No problem that's what the community is for.

On a side note, Chihaya's credits are rolling. I really concur with Ten, it is a route described by the word Shounen. Although I think some if it's scenes give more feels than your average shounen. Now onto the 3 bad ends before going after Lucia's route.

Chihaya's route is shounen battle manga as all hell, except it had some of the worst qualities of the genre. I didn't like that route  much :/. It's a shame because Chihaya is one of my favorites in the common route. 

I think I've settled on reading it next after I wrap up Koichoco hopefully this weekend. Appreciate your thoughts.

No problem!  Happy to help.  I can't say that much about the secret heroine and Mare's routes, seeing as I dropped Hoshimemo for a little while, but I intend to 100% it at some point.  Even though I dropped it, Komomo and Kosame's routes were enough to get an 8.5 from me.  Oh, I almost forgot: there are no bad ends.  The only end to each route is a happy one.

Just passed Mizuha's bad end in G-senjou.  It felt pretty similar in tone to Tsubaki's, only with a nice little twist at the very end of it.  It's my second favorite bad end from G-senjou so far.

EDIT: Would I be correct in saying that Mizuha would be classified as a kuudere?  She seems to fit the description pretty well.

EDIT: Would I be correct in saying that Mizuha would be classified as a kuudere?  She seems to fit the description pretty well.

I think so, there isn't much else to categorize her as, since she isn't outgoing enough to be a tsundere. So definitely a kuudere, she's no Yumiko but she is a fine character on her own.

No problem!  Happy to help.  I can't say that much about the secret heroine and Mare's routes, seeing as I dropped Hoshimemo for a little while, but I intend to 100% it at some point.  Even though I dropped it, Komomo and Kosame's routes were enough to get an 8.5 from me.  Oh, I almost forgot: there are no bad ends.  The only end to each route is a happy one.

I enjoy a good bad end, but there's nothing wrong with happy ending after happy ending. Not every VN has got to make you feel bad. Sometimes you just want some fluff and sugar.

As for Mizuha, VNDB has her listed as a classic tsundere.

I think so, there isn't much else to categorize her as, since she isn't outgoing enough to be a tsundere. So definitely a kuudere, she's no Yumiko but she is a fine character on her own.

I was just wondering, since a tsundere tag of any kind seems to be missing from her VNDB page, and I've been updating G-senjou's character page as I progress through the story.  Mostly it's just been small things, like misspellings or leaving out an h-scene or an article of clothing.

I enjoy a good bad end, but there's nothing wrong with happy ending after happy ending. Not every VN has got to make you feel bad. Sometimes you just want some fluff and sugar.

As for Mizuha, VNDB has her listed as a classic tsundere.

Huh, that's strange.  Her "Personality" section on her VNDB page lists only the Cautious, Reserved, Rude, Stubborn and Timid tags.  No tsundere tag of any kind.

I was just wondering, since a tsundere tag of any kind seems to be missing from her VNDB page, and I've been updating G-senjou's character page as I progress through the story.  Mostly it's just been small things, like misspellings or leaving out an h-scene or an article of clothing.

Huh, that's strange.  Her "Personality" section on her VNDB page lists only the Cautious, Reserved, Rude, Stubborn and Timid tags.  No tsundere tag of any kind.

I have spoilers fully on, that's probably the reason.