What are you playing?

17 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

In the middle of Chapter 2 trial Danganronpa 2

Aight, be honest, who the FK actually got through some of the early bits without a walkthrough? @Funyarinpa @Tiagofvarela, specifically:

Reveal hidden contents

i4L16sx.jpg (960×544)

At best I went Fish Tank -> Agree with the Gravel, but they were just like "NOPE NOT POSSIBLE" so I just completely abandoned that idea, fk these little details, this is the first time I legit got stumped ._.

Is that a reference to Ace Attorney btw? Heh, should play that game one day 

Far as I can tell, it's not a reference to an event, just to the ace attorney name in general. If that.

A general thought about G-Senjou no Maou

Note: Don't open it Fred (seriously don't)

Spoiler

Yeah so hearing about people talk about G-Senjou and their ideas about Maou's identity, to my surprise the vast majority believes that it's protag's dual personality.
I mean when I played G-Senjou, I was convinced that dual personality isn't the answer simply because the hints towards it were just too blatant. And looking at it from the writer's pov, making such obvious signs would only be used as a kind of trap.
I knew all along that Maou wasn't Kyosuke but obviously didn't know who it actually was until they showed that flashback where we first learn about the existence of Kyousuke's older brother. At that point itself I was pretty convinced that Kyouhei was Maou.

So all in all I think the whole deal was pretty obvious. What do y'all think ?           

Danganronpa 2

Ugh, I got a taste of despair, Chapter 3 results hurt soo much, lost several valued characters

Spoiler

Whyyy Mikan whyyyyy ;-;

qBgoLBx.jpg (960×544)
I love these Closing Argument completion images btw, so wonderful

But we just lost half the females, that's some BS, RIP Ibuki who was always just nice to be around, and RIP Hiyoko who was trying to turn a new leaf but just got coinkydinkily killed.

Reminds me of DR1, where Chapters 3/4 are where all the good characters will die and then you're just left with shit like Aoi and Yasuhiro, seriously what's left in DR2 now? Fuyuhiko? Meh. Gundam? Hah! Kazuichi? HAH!!! the Robotified Nekomura? HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAA!

NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.

The motive was shit. "Despair Disease"?? I guess writers wanted to spice things up since DR1 had generic & basic motives like betrayal and greed, but this is just over the top and feels super forced, especially with Mikan being the one that just happened to get Remembrance Disease and kill as a result. "but that's the true Mikan, you twat!" LALALALA NOPE, I STILL CALL BS HOW THIS CHAPTER PLAYED OUT

/salt, Mikan's character indeed wasn't anything  special, too crybaby-ey, but I still liked her. And she's hawt. The personality swap for her true self was a bit disappointing, but if anything I liked her cold way of talking, l actually let her loop her argument about how she couldn't be the killer hospital gown + slippers + bag + camera angle + candle light because I got stuck figuring it out it was nice to listen to.

Anyways RIP

~~
I've warmed up to Nagito btw, don't hate his guts like I did in Chapter 1 anymore. I mean as long as he speaks about hope in a justice manner rather than his poetic hard on for hope vs. despair, he's cool

eVW1on1.jpg (960×544)
+1, my outlook on you is currently -999, give me 999 more  +1 moments and you'll be "okay" in my book.

~~
Other misc. thoughts

The new Hangman's Gambit + Logic Dive are pretty meh, fking they made you do both of them three times each in Chapter 3 Trial, that's too much...

9PSQ66f.jpg (960×544)
Yo girl it's hard to surf the mind

2 hours ago, FinalChaos said:

A general thought about G-Senjou no Maou

Note: Don't open it Fred (seriously don't)

Hide contents

Yeah so hearing about people talk about G-Senjou and their ideas about Maou's identity, to my surprise the vast majority believes that it's protag's dual personality.
I mean when I played G-Senjou, I was convinced that dual personality isn't the answer simply because the hints towards it were just too blatant. And looking at it from the writer's pov, making such obvious signs would only be used as a kind of trap.
I knew all along that Maou wasn't Kyosuke but obviously didn't know who it actually was until they showed that flashback where we first learn about the existence of Kyousuke's older brother. At that point itself I was pretty convinced that Kyouhei was Maou.

So all in all I think the whole deal was pretty obvious. What do y'all think ?           

Spoiler

I was believing that he's Maou. It was just shoved at our faces that I just took is as truth. I didn't took this as buildup for 'great twist - Kyosuke is Mao', rather simply slow reveal of this 'truth - Kyosuke is Maou'. But in the end I got that big twist reveal, but instead of Kyoske I got Kyouhei. Which was fine.

12 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

I disagree.  The bad ends are pretty good, except for Kanon's, and she doesn't have that great of a route anyway, IMO.  If all you want is drama and a love story, then skip the bad ends.  If you want to see something a bit darker before heading to the rest of the drama and love story, then read the bad ends.  I loved the characters and I still liked the bad ends.

Read Tsubaki's bad end first and see what you think before you commit to reading or skipping all the bad ends.  You might have to read a guide in order to get it, I remember it being slightly tricky to get right.

EDIT: Oh, wait, do you have a Japanese hard copy with the patch or the Steam version?  I don't know just how much they altered the Steam version.

I actually have a Japanese hard copy (bought it a while ago, before the Steam release was announced), but it seems now they pulled the patch everywhere. I only found it on the world's sketchiest download site and decided to just not bother, and picked up the Steam version.

For my first time through, I'll just be picking the choices that seem natural to me, so I expect I'll probably end up with a good end (or at least so I hope), and then maybe grab a guide to go back for bad ends in the same route if I feel like it.

Chapter 4 Danganronpa 2 complete

The situation was pretty fun, I was just about to complain about there being another entire new island to have to explore and spend a bunch of Free Time in before things happen, so that was a nice change of pace.

The trial itself was a bitch though, I'm directionally challenged, significantly so, thus I had a pretty hard time keeping up with the case. Horizontal? Vertical? Octagons? Flip flop? 180? Ceilings? Floors? ARGHHGH

And Monomi screwed me over with a certain number in the Escape Room, even though it should've been obvious, fk her.

~~
Hm, so this is the surviving cast that will be able to have the many fun times in these last couple of chapters huh.. I'm extremely hyped to see what revelations will be made, there must be a reason people tend to favor DR2 over DR1..

Thoughts on the grand scheme of things:

Spoiler

I noticed it ever since Chapter 2, but I didn't think it would be intentional for the Trials in DR2 to be similar to DR1, ie. intentional murder backfire 1, revelation serial killer 2, two deaths 3, sacrificial 4, that means 5 will have to deal with the 16th student assuming one exists for DR2 or something, pretty cool connection.

I guess that will be a big thing for these final chapters is how everything will tie to Hope Academy and the Future Foundation and whoever's the new Monokuma huh.

Decided to pick up Shiny Days again with the fixes and patches. I'm going to complete several routes. I got a bad end on my first try when I tried being nice. I guess I am evil in my heart. I am on some kind of hiatus at the moment though. Waiting for Beat Blades Haruka and Seinarukana. At least I got a release date for Haruka. 

After first bad end of Kara no Shoujo.

Damn, it's so much better than Cartagra. Not as dark unfortunatelly, but besides music, everything is done right. Charactters, plot, detective work, protagonist. It's good.
BUT. The system. These blind choices are painfull. I want to read this without walkthrough, but I'm unable, because there is no way to know, what I did right or wrong. Just shooting in blind... It kills the mood.

Cartagra, I thought I was hitting a bad end after seeing the protagonist found the murderer. I began disliking the protagonist somehow for his reckless action, but because he kept on living and earned praise from his boss, Arishima, I got over with it.

Overall, I'm enjoying it. Even more after his boss's seiyuu is someone who voiced Kotomine Kirei from F/SN. I got a vibe that this guy will turn out to be a villain...

Finished Chapter 5

DR2's officially superior to DR1, Chapter 5 was simply brilliant, excellent case/trial and use of the characters involved, and very emotional, I couldn't help but cry during this particular Execution scene cuz the feels were just too real

Spoiler

Nagito you son of a bitch, I hated your guts from the start, but now I can say that I still hate you, but I have newfound respect and take back everything I said about renaming your Ultimate Lucky Student title, keep it, you fking brilliant lucky ass
ga1JVH7.jpg (960×544)
So who's the murderer-that-will-also-by-sheer-luck-be-the-traitor? Anybody wanna take a guess and see how our luck stands up to the Ultimate Lucky Student?

Chiaki being the traitor hurt so much, I thought she was Kyoko's successor in the sense that she would make it to end game with how helpful she has been up until now, but goddamn, now she's gone ;-; I started tearing up like crazy during the Tetris part of her execution, then just completely broke down once the piece dropped. Ugh.. ... .. Oh and uh, RIP Monomi too.
DmeF2It.jpg (960×544)
Good bye Best Girl, seriously, Chiaki's execution affected me more than anything else in this series. Btw, that means Sonia is auto-best girl for DR2 now since Akane is pretty meh (and is basically a reincarnated Aoi, who sucked hardcore)

The Rebuttal Showdown with Sonia was also well done, probably one of my favorites, it was one of those "have to accept the truth even if you don't want to" moments. Even I didn't want to believe Chiaki being the traitor, even though the evidence was blatantly obvious since Chiaki was the only person who could've written that Monomi diary entry regarding stopping Hajime from doing the Final Dead room in Chapter 4. This type of turn out was exactly what I wanted from Sayaka in DR1 but got jipped so I'm glad the writers were able to pull it off with Chiaki this time.
GWYPITU.jpg (960×544)
Now now, I can't really take a screenshot during a Rebuttal Showdown so here's a completely irrelevant funnies

Let's see what the final chapter has in store...

Finished Danganronpa 2

Bravo! The last chapter was magnificent, everything made sense, the tie-ins to the first game were very exciting and had me going "OH SNAP!@#" out loud like an idiot more often than I would like, and that was one hell of a final(?) confrontation between hope and despair

Spoiler

One of my major gripes with the setting for DR2 was that some of the scenarios were a lot more 'unrealistic' compared to DR1 but then BAM, it's a virtual world, gg >.>

The cast this time around being the Remnants of Despair was a very fun revelation for me, it explains alot of things such as why Ch. 3's Mikan totally went apeshit upon restoring her memories, she reverted back to her Ultimate Despair self...Hell, Junko's probably "her Beloved". 

And damn, Nagito truly was brilliant, trying to get them all executed in his final gamble for hope once he figured out they were the Ultimate Despairs. I still hate him, but it's a good type of hate :3 

Also, Chihiro's probably the most OP legacy character in the history of legacy characters now, seriously... Alter Ego, Chiaki, even Usami were all excellent characters that were only possible because of him. What a legend.

Loved the 11037 reference, though it made me a bit sad, because Makoto x Sayaka totally could've, and should've, been a thing...
Rud9XAw.jpg (960×544)
"Because I'm psychic". Haaah, I miss Sayaka...

~~
Even though Monokuma > Junko, Junko herself had a pretty good performance this time, even I was about to buy her "Graduate and everybody lives" trap, because it's just something I wanted sooo much even though it was too good to be true:

BHCgBQs.jpg (960×544)
Too... tempting...

~~
OMG THE LEGENDARY 3,  KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!@#!@#!@#
wxCsFcJ.jpg (960×544)
KYOKO!!!!!!!!!!! <3333333

GBejPEG.jpg (960×544)
Byakuya!!.............................................................................. <3

YuJcApN.jpg (960×544)
HYPE, seriously I was cheering like a madman when they their appearance. Too AWESOME!!!

~~
Thoughts on Junko:
AXwwzgH.jpg (960×544)
Agreed, that's probably why I thought so lowly of you, just felt so... anticlimatic.

pKIRX9x.jpg (960×544)
But It's k, Junko, I think you are a LOT cooler this time around <3.

She actually had some pretty good arguments & baits going for her, I honestly wish the game would let you actually side with her and screw everybody over for an epic bad end.

~~
People I never thought I would get to Consent with:
U7sP5K9.jpg (960×544)
Monokuma's right...?!@#

xikR0BE.jpg (960×544)
Probably one of the most badass moments in this series, protagonist from DR1 and DR2 Consenting with each other!

Oh yeah, and Chiaki best girl.

I gave Danganronpa an 8.5/10, Danganronpa 2 definitely gets 9/10, this last chapter was just TOO fun.

Finished the majikoi prologue. Loved it! It's one of the better common routes I've read.

The route choice system is ... A tiny bit terrefying though :michiru:

Going to start on Wanko's route first. She is my favorite girl after the prolouge. So cute :sachi: Welll, they all are. (Not Momoyo, she is terrefying. Afraid she might rape me :pyaa: )

The opening movie is really awesome; I love animated openings like that.

Spoiler

I am so going to go buy a strap for my phone and start talking to it! :pyaa:

Oh and ...

Spoiler

a6VWhe2.png

Heh... She isn't exactly what you would call normal, is she? :P

44 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Finished the majikoi prologue. Loved it! It's one of the better common routes I've read.

The route choice system is ... A tiny bit terrefying though :michiru:

Going to start on Wanko's route first. She is my favorite girl after the prolouge. So cute :sachi: Welll, they all are. (Not Momoyo, she is terrefying. Afraid she might rape me :pyaa: )

The opening movie is really awesome; I love animated openings like that.

Hide contents

I am so going to go buy a strap for my phone and start talking to it! :pyaa:

Oh and ...

Hide contents

a6VWhe2.png

Heh... She isn't exactly what you would call normal, is she? :P

not really, she has one of my favorite h scenes ever though

Spoiler

because a lot of わんわん

Done with Noble Works. It's better than Princess Evangile like you guys said. Light-hearted drama is good enough for me and I like a protagonist like Takumi who is very analytical and logical when needed to be.

I'm redoing the original Eiyuu Senki on Hard Mode because I didnt know it existed. Now the battles are much more fun and challenging! I'm a masochist when it comes to higher difficulties in games. I am never truly satisfied until I beat the hardest challenges.

Just now, atorq said:

I bought No One But You, hopefully it will be good but my hopes are quite low, other OELVNs have really dragged down my expectations. The art seems quite nice so far though.

Do tell us what you think of it when you get a little further. I've been planning on picking this up but .. Ehe, well, I have to wait until Febuary.

(I might have spent all my money on VNs and kickstarters already :yumiko: )

Played Cartagra and with my choices so far, I got into Kazuna's route. She's quite adorable, and can switch between airhead and serious mode, quite a waifu material. Along the main route it feels like I have dumped like 4-5 girls. 

I think I will get Kara no Shoujo after finishing 2-3 more routes. 

So I went back to Katawa Shoujo to do Hanako's route.. and I must say. Katawa Shoujo is  a really solid VN. Love it.

KS was actually my very first VN years back, I finished all the routes except Hanako's and Rin's route.. I will eventually do Rin's one, but I like to enjoy KS over a period of time.

10 hours ago, atorq said:

I bought No One But You, hopefully it will be good but my hopes are quite low, other OELVNs have really dragged down my expectations. The art seems quite nice so far though.

10 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Do tell us what you think of it when you get a little further. I've been planning on picking this up but .. Ehe, well, I have to wait until Febuary.

(I might have spent all my money on VNs and kickstarters already :yumiko: )

No One But You is quite bad. It's short but somehow I still can't finish it, it just repels me with every fiber of its being. My only regret is that I couldn't finish my review sooner to save some people's money. Apparently some people here are buying it?? Madness. Don't do that, it's not worth it.

It's just poorly written, to get the most important aspect out of the way. It enters into this weird uncanny valley-like territory where they mix in some natural-sounding english expressions into a sea of bland and unnatural dialogue. The few bits of stuff that isn't bad just highlights how bad the rest is. I think I'd prefer stiff J -> E translations over this. Simply put, the dialogue is absolutely cringeworthy. Maybe if the plot was good, I could stand to suffer the constant cringing, but it's really not. 

Maybe I could easily power through this if the production values were good, but they're not. NOBY is obviously a half-finished VN that really has no right being sold as it is. The art is pretty bad. The sprites are okay, but the backgrounds are literally half-finished and are full of horrible-looking placeholder art. The music is really grating and some of the songs sound so amateurish I wouldn't be surprised if much of it were placeholder tunes composed by someone who has never made music before. And there are occasional typos in the script, too.

It all makes me kind of reluctant power through and finish it so I can write a proper review, but if people here are actually buying this turd then maybe I should just grit my teeth and get back to it.