What are you playing?

12 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Hmm.. Seems i've missed out by not playing Majikoi. Was put off when i read that it has a multiple endings for each heroine and that you can get a bad ending even when you thought you did everything right. And dat walkthrough...

Well I was like ... holy shiet... When I started too, but the choice system is actually very simple and easy to figure out. Most of the choices don't matter that much, the only thing you need to watch out for is the timed choices, (and they auto save so u can just re-load the save and re-do them if you fail :P ), and the bold ones in the walkthrough that lead to bad ends, (if you click one, you wont really know until the end, so ... yeah just stay clear of those.) The normal choices are usually just small and silly and lead to tiny changes in dialogue but that's it. For the most part. Also, the heroine choice screen was really confusing at first, but its also extremely simple. Just ... Click the girl you want to do, (pun intended,) and don't click anyone else. If she isn't there, simply go home for the day and click her again when she is back.

As for the game itself, I've only done the prologue and the wanko route, but oh man do I love it. Can't speak for the other routes yet, but Wanko's route was truly beautiful.

20 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Hmm.. Seems i've missed out by not playing Majikoi. Was put off when i read that it has a multiple endings for each heroine and that you can get a bad ending even when you thought you did everything right. And dat walkthrough...

Majikoi is a lot simpler than it looks. Almost none of the choices even matter, and there aren't all that many endings. I never found it even slightly hard to get the good endings and I thought the choices that lead to them were really obvious, playing completely blind. The important part is that the branching system is dead simple, none of the choices in the prologue/common route matter and you can get on the route you want just by picking that character repeatedly once you enter into the branching section.

Right now I'm reading Koichoco (without looking in at any of the threads because I don't want to spoil myself) and after having finished two routes all I can say is:

What the fuck kind of school is this?

It's like someone mashed together a highschool romance with a political conspiracy thriller. It sounds fun but it's kind of hard to take seriously.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni, episode 3. And man, what a long episode. Still, I'm beginning to see why this novel is highly praised. I got to the part where

Spoiler

Hideyoshi was killed by Evatrice. Man, seems like Evatrice is nearly invulnerable. Can't wait to see Beatrice and Battler put her in her place.

Meanwhile, I'm also juggling with a few anime titles and Majikoi, Miyako route. Not really making much progress with Majikoi 'coz it's not as exciting as what Umineko is offering right now. Epic witch battles with emotional tragedies > shounen friendship values.

Finished all of the routes for No One But You, it took me 8 hours overall, rather short but not bad. Still waiting for the after stories to be released though. 

Spoiler

Most of the routes are rather dark, It threw me off guard. Still, the writing was good and I enjoyed all of the routes. I do have some issues but I'd still say it was a good read.

In Terms of which routes I enjoyed. My Ranking is: Yui>Ryo>Megumi>Chinatsu>Shiro.

In Terms of Heroines it's: Yui>Shiro>Megumi>Chinatsu

Hideaki's stupidity in Shiro's route dampened my enjoyment of the route itself. Megumi was irritating most of the time but her route was quite intense. I really enjoyed Ryo's route despite it being the standard route if you can't get close to any girls, he is a good character when he's actually himself.

I'm starting fault milestone one, right now i'm trying to get into the story...

On the Majikoi choice thing:

- there's literally one exception to the "click the girl you want" route, which is the Mayo side-route. You have to play one of Chika's scenes, and then Mayo will sometimes start appearing as well, and you can then choose her. But all the female side-routes are basically just an excuse for an H-scene, anyway.

- If you can't seem to find the route you're looking for, they may not be unlocked yet; all the main heroines are unlocked immediately, IIRC, but other routes may require you to finish some or all of those heroine routes before they'll be available.

About to finish Noble Works then I need to decide what I will read next, Demonbane, Cartagra, or continue with my School Days play through (stopped midway, I couldn't handle the amount of drama, so I stalled). 

Can I get some Fuwan thoughts and what to read next? Just for reference I need some romance in there, but I want something heavier at the same time, since the last 4 vn's I read were moeblobs. 

2 hours ago, LiquidShu said:

About to finish Noble Works then I need to decide what I will read next, Demonbane, Cartagra, or continue with my School Days play through (stopped midway, I couldn't handle the amount of drama, so I stalled). 

Can I get some Fuwan thoughts and what to read next? Just for reference I need some romance in there, but I want something heavier at the same time, since the last 4 vn's I read were moeblobs. 

If school days got you to stall because of the drama it won't get any better later on :P Drama is pretty much what you get. 

I haven´t read it myself, but I hear good things about Cartagra. At least if you are going for something a little heavier. 

Alright, done with Momoyo's route in Majikoi. Loved it! Not as impactful as Wanko's but it was still great. Like:

Spoiler

Holy crap, the war at the end was so freaking good. Kazuko's route had the feels, but Momoyo's route had the badassness. I mean ... Seriously. It was so badass.

Also, this just killed me.

vyPssVI.png

Next up, Yukie! Yaay! Totally not looking forward to it because of this: :yumiko:

Spoiler

i2j5I2U.png

- Applaud! Applaud! Oooh, oooh, is it not wonderful ? The blind sacrifice is still reading Sekien no Inganock. Record the present time, Clock Crack Chrome ! That time you've wished for has come! Tremble with delight! He's about to finish the mighty Chapter 7 !

Spoiler

1453853290-sekiennoinganock010.jpg

Back to the magic of the chapters 1,2 & 3 (In my opinion, 5 and 6 were disappointing or slightly botched) :wub:

- Hahahahaha ! You're such a fool ! Canicheslayer, Prince of the 1000 unfinished games/VNs, is too slow ! You're already beyond hope. Three days left. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel will be my secret weapon to stop this foolish experiment (editor's note : to track down the holy BVNE/BGE !)

- Silence. Silence. Silence! Silence... :ph34r:

Edited by Canicheslayer

Started Princess Evangile. I really like it so far.

Question below:

I was just wondering what the best route order is? I'm only up to chapter 5, and this has primarily focused on Chiho and Rise. I really like their personality and background and I feel like I want to leave them for last. Though I've heard otherwise and most people prefer Ayaka (hasn't even be introduced yet) and Ritsuko...

41 minutes ago, kingdomcome said:

Started Princess Evangile. I really like it so far.

Question below:

I was just wondering what the best route order is? I'm only up to chapter 5, and this has primarily focused on Chiho and Rise. I really like their personality and background and I feel like I want to leave them for last. Though I've heard otherwise and most people prefer Ayaka (hasn't even be introduced yet) and Ritsuko...

Rise -> Chiho -> Ritsuko -> Ayaka

~~
I finally finished Ultra Despair Girls so now I should be able to do 9,9,9 though admittedly my VN Reading fuel tank is running on E.

Just now, BookwormOtaku said:

Finished Rinne's route in euphoria, which can be best summed up by this:

Say what you want about Rika but at least her route made sense and had a conclusion. Now to decide whether to proceed to Nemu's route or resume Kara no Shojo 2 and hope we get back to the present sooner rather than later.

Trust me. You should finish it. Rinnes route will make sense once you play the true ending. And its bloody fantastic. 

Just finished Symphonic Rain. I quite enjoyed it despite not liking the first route's ending at all. It was way too rushed in my eyes and therefore brought down the route significantly. Those last three routes though, they were really well done. Lise's route is a copy of Yumiko's route in Grisaia. That doesn't mean it wasn't well done, it was good in fact. Those were my brief thoughts on Symphonic Rain. I'd give it an 8.

Still playing majikoi, just finished Yukie's route. I really enjoyed it, though it wasn't as good as Kazuko's in my opinion. It was good in a more slice of life kind of way. Momoyo's route was all action and fighting, Kazuko's was all about the feels, but Yukie's route was more just slice of life relaxation.

Ended up getting the towel version of the last choice CG which annoyed me :makina:  Had to go back to re-do the choices with a guide to make sure I got the one without. Damn those towels! :pyaa:

Now, on to Miyako's route and then finally Chris' route to finish the main heroine ones. Really looking forward to the Chris one.

Finished Unteralterbach yesterday. Didn't know what to expect since it was a chan project but it was ok. It's tempting to finish Crescendo's last few routes since it's been hanging for some time now..

23 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Still playing majikoi, just finished Yukie's route. I really enjoyed it, though it wasn't as good as Kazuko's in my opinion. It was good in a more slice of life kind of way. Momoyo's route was all action and fighting, Kazuko's was all about the feels, but Yukie's route was more just slice of life relaxation.

Ended up getting the towel version of the last choice CG which annoyed me :makina:  Had to go back to re-do the choices with a guide to make sure I got the one without. Damn those towels! :pyaa:

Now, on to Miyako's route and then finally Chris' route to finish the main heroine ones. Really looking forward to the Chris one.

What sort of VN is majikoi?  Is it more slice of life moemoe kyun or plot based story.

Spoiler

kinda offtopic.. What is it with voice audio volume in many VN's? They seem to have very loud screams but very quiet normal talk and only one slider (forces to choose between screams leaking through headphone or voice you cannot hear). Could it be my headphones (HD558) have incorrect setting somewhere? (e.g. Crescendo, ClockUp games, Catgirl Alliance)

Just now, pual said:

Finished Unteralterbach yesterday. Didn't know what to expect since it was a chan project but it was ok. It's tempting to finish Crescendo's last few routes since it's been hanging for some time now..

What sort of VN is majikoi?  Is it more slice of life moemoe kyun or plot based story.

Hide contents

kinda offtopic.. What is it with voice audio volume in many VN's? They seem to have very loud screams but very quiet normal talk and only one slider (forces to choose between screams leaking through headphone or voice you cannot hear). Could it be my headphones (HD558) have incorrect setting somewhere? (e.g. Crescendo, ClockUp games, Catgirl Alliance)

Its a fairly light and silly slice of life story with a lot of action scenes. It does have some serious moments in the routes, but it's dominated by humor and light story.

It's very entertaining, though its a very unique novel, especially the action parts. (But damn, its good action!)

As for the audio thing, I'd say it could be your headset.

I've never had a problem like that to be honest. Though for ClockUp games... The screams are loud cuz ... It's ClockUp games :makina: