What are you playing?

K so I managed to boot up Ever 17. 

First Impressions:

Spoiler

kzX2H81.jpg (1600×900)

Mmmm, made in 2002, this is literally the oldest VN I've played to date :makina: 

Also, 800x600, FUHHH

Then we move onto NekoParavol.2 first impressions:

Spoiler

iWcHwBA.jpg (1600×900)

Woot woot, 2016, 720p, life's gud.

What do you guys think I'll end up actually reading :ryuusui:

Finished nekopara vol 2 yesterday, loved it. Coconut is love, coconut is life.

Played some more ikikoi and still don't hate it :miyako: Just started Eika's route. But I'm fed up with SOL shit at the moment so I'm stalling it for a little and will be starting G-senjou no maou instead. After that I'll move over to Saya no uta I think. Will go into ikikoi again after those.

First impressions off G-Senjou, the characters seem cool. The girl who keeps on noting everything down in her diary reminds me of Akira from Yosuga no Sora. :wahaha: 

Haru is ... Strange. Strange and hot :illya:

I have been reading Yappari Imouto ga Suki! for last couple of weeks (hour here, 30 minutes there...) skipping all ero scenes so I could proudly say 'here am I, reading nukiges for plot :p'... Unfortunately I failed - I simply gave up. It's so immensely boring and repetitive it's just ridiculous. At the beginning there were some humor scenes but now, third week in, it feels there are mostly two types of scenes - those which focus on sex, and those whish focus on talking about sex. It's a shame, because I really like that loud, moody tsundere that Rika is, but I really feel that I'm wasting time trying to finish this VN. So maybe eventually some plot is introduced and it becomes more of romance (rather just series of ero scenes), but I won't ever know. I'm not patient enough to find out...

14 minutes ago, Kawasumi said:

read nekopara anyway lol, the first part was a fucking forced drama cringefest lol, azuki is best snarky masochist though.

Now on to finish kindred spirits

Let me know when you finish it. I need some justification and good reason why I should play it. :wahaha: I just bought it because...... 1st uncensored adult game on Steam. 

3 minutes ago, MrBanballow said:

Currently reading through Princess Evangile that I got last week, as well as a bit of Dangit Grandpa and Nekopara Vol 2.

Quick question on Evangile... 

Reveal hidden contents

Just danced the night away in Chapter 5 ( ? ), about how far am I into the story?

There are 26 chapters, after chapter 16 you go into to the heroine specific routes.

So chapter 5 is about 1/3rd of the common route.

Here is a guide if you need it:

Started reading Hoshizora no Memoria -Eternal Heart-. I decided there is no point in waiting for translation, especially because I don't really need it anymore. Seriously, it's so easy to read it's refreshing ^.^

The very beginning was a bit awkward since you are thrown in without any prologue or introduction (for one reading this immediately after Hoshimemo this would probably not be an issue, but I finished it about 3 years ago...). Now however I'm back in. Mare is as adorable as I remember, and Asuho as annoying as always. Old good times ^.^ I hope it will be a good read :]

On 21.2.2016 at 8:50 AM, Eclipsed said:

K so I managed to boot up Ever 17. 

Mmmm, made in 2002, this is literally the oldest VN I've played to date  

Also, 800x600, FUHHH

Ever 17 actually has surprisingly high production values for its age. You'll see lots of background NPC's on the station which is quite rare nowadays and there's even an animated scene where the water enters the station which was quite impressive.

And I still think that Sora is one of the most pretty girls around...

I'm currently playing Steins;Gage due to a lot of people threatening my very livelihood if I didn't play it and they were justified in that. It's been a great read so far and it's high up there in my favorites currently. I only have the Kurisu and True ends to get so I'll probably be finished later today and I'll need another VN  to play.

Finally gotten around to playing Princess Evangile and made it through chapter 1. The prologue was fine though chapter 1 sure liked laying on the information, here's hoping chapter 2 will be more interesting.

On a side  note, playing PE for some reason has me thinking about Grisaia...mainly in wondering how long Yuji would last through the trial period if he somehow ended up in this setting :lol:

... reading through Chapter 10 of Princess Evangile. I'm cracking myself up right now, and I'm sure it's the dumbest thing, but this is what should have happened...

Spoiler

MyNamesNotJesus_zpsfwzyiyod.png

Masaya: My name's not Jesus, but they do call me Masaya... *Drops mic and leaves office*

... I mean sure, he was locked up at the time, and not in the room...

... but it would have been beautiful.

Edit: Finally... my Android tablet that I use for the bulk of my web browsing was not being cooperative with getting all that into the Spoiler Box. Had to switch over to a real PC.

Finally finished that... Hikari no Valusia ~What a Beautiful Hopes~

Pros: Good art, sometimes good music and voice acting

Cons: Everything else. Plot is boring slice of life in a fantasy setting, which pretend to be a pieces of puzzle to become a whole in the end... But it fails. Characters motives? LOVE. That's the thing which would solve everything and explain anything. Magical realism?  Who told that? Forget this immediately. Self-consistent plot? Yeah, forget it too.

In a nutshell - 40 hours about nothing, apart how boy meet girl. Tons of characters who do nothing (really nothing) and add nothing to the story and the whole chapters are about persons who would never appear again. And very boring. And do not forget that "poetic" x3 repetiveness of same strings through the story. Who told there is charm in it? Not at all.

So... If all other stories by Sakurai written this way... Well, I think this author would top my "never again" list then.

But I will try to give it another chance and read Gakhthun demo, to see if koestl translation could improve the taste of that.

3 minutes ago, Scorp said:

So... If all other stories by Sakurai is this way... Well, I think this author would top my "never again" list then.

But I will try to give it another chance and read Gakhthun demo, to see if koestl translation could improve the taste of that.

Don't worry, I've heard that Valusia is that way, but the rest of Sakurai's Steampunk series isn't, at least in my opinion

18 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

I finished common route in Majikoi. What route order should I take? I want two best ones to be my first and last ones. :P And while I like every girl about the same it's hard to choose, so I will aks you guys. ;)

I did it in Yukie > Miyako > Wanko > Chris > Momoyo > Agave/True Route

Arcadeotic's order is a pretty good recommendation for meeting the "best ones first and last" requirement. Wanko's route may also be considered the best, depending on what you're looking for. Chris is the weakest (IMO, but I think that's a pretty common opinion), and Miyako is ok (again, IMO, but in general people don't talk about her route much).

As someone else on this thread once phrased it, Wanko's is the designated feels route in Majikoi. Meanwhile, Yukie's and Momoyo's routes have the most satisfying action-oriented plots (particularly Momoyo). And you have to do all five of those to unlock Agave, so you're going to be getting what most people consider the best route last regardless.

3 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

I finished common route in Majikoi. What route order should I take? I want two best ones to be my first and last ones. :P And while I like every girl about the same it's hard to choose, so I will aks you guys. ;)

I'd say Yukie > Chris > Momoyo > Miyako > Wanko > Agave

Though for Majikoi the route order barely makes any difference, going with your random whims would probably be the best.
For the first route, Yukie's is pretty fitting so you should get that first then just be like the wind.

Oh yeah there are some mini-routes too which get unlocked as you play more routes. While not as great as the main routes they are definitely worth a read. Of the mini-routes, Cap's is the best.     

Still playing G-senjou no maou. I've done chapter 1 and 2 now, just finished Tsubaki's route.

This VN is really fantastic. Of course I was expecting that, considering how hyped up this is, but I still had no idea exactly what it would be like, and I was pleasantly suprised.

It's so freaking addicting. Really not much else to say ... This thing is bloody amazing and I can't wait to read chapter 3 and 4.

I finished Demonbane today.

- I think the biggest weakness of it is characters. I found exactly one character interesting (the rest were all very flat and predictable), and I did get rather attached to her. Unfortunately, Ennea is kind of a side character and invariably gets screwed by the plot in every route, so that didn't help any.

- The plot was ok, but the routes got rather repetitive due to a lot of reused content. Worse, oftentimes when I was reading an identical scene within a different route, I guess the script had actually been copy-pasted or something, since I couldn't even use the Skip Unread functionality to get through it (while this was not always the case, it probably was the case more than half the times that I tried to use the skip button). And then other scenes weren't actually identical, but had only very minor changes which had so little impact that it wasn't worth the differentiation.

- The translation was by and large good, but there was a large swath of one of the three routes which almost seemed like it hadn't been edited - it was very inconsistent (core terminology was suddenly translated differently, for instance), clearly a very raw translation (had a lot of awkward phrasing that looked like Japanese words had been translated directly without care for making the resulting sentence scan well in English), and lastly it had a lot more grammar and spelling errors than the rest of the VN.

- Graphics were acceptable but unremarkable, and I thought the music was actually pretty good.

- The first time I played it, I really enjoyed the sense of humor throughout the common route. But the later parts of the game are very serious most of the time, so I had frankly almost forgotten that, after slogging through three routes...

All in all, I enjoyed it at times and certainly don't regret reading it, but it wasn't great. I probably wouldn't recommend it to anybody else, especially since it's kind of showing its age.

I'm undecided about what I'll read next. Part of me doesn't want to embark on anything very long right now since March is just around the corner and will presumably bring another VN reading club title, so I'm inclined to go for something short. But on the other hand I do still have quite a lot of free time until that decision will be made, and I'd like to play something that I think I'll really enjoy, so it might finally be time for me to play Grisaia no Kajitsu.