What are you playing?

2 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

I finished one thousands lies, really good vn, I wasn't excepting that ending at all. I loved every single character. One of the best OELVN I've read aside from katawa shoujo.

Oh, that´s cool. I was looking at that and it seemed interesting. Will probably get it when the full version is out. 

Shin Mikagura Shoujo Tanteidan to help me ease my mind, before (hopefully) deciding for whom i´m going to work for soon. seriously. there´s nothing better than cute girls facing lots of hardships in a world set in the non so distant past btw this story is by no means harassing the chinese race, no-no impossible XD

Beat blades Haruka! :pyaa:

Taking a break from G-senjou to play this. Need to fufill my ... Dark desires :holo:

Just started it a little bit a go, got through the first day. The art is good, the action is pretty badass, the H-scenes are ... Yum :illya:

The minigame interface seems pretty good, though the way the RNG seems locked is rather strange. No matter how many times you load the save, the "RNG" is already decided. Seems a little bit harsh. Like, if you get a bad roll, you are stuck with that forever? .. Don't really like the idea of that.

21 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Kanon's h-scenes were pretty damn good, but in my opinion, her route kinda sucked.  It just kinda fell flat and never really interested me after the halfway point, and I didn't really like either of the endings.  Kinda reminds me a lot of Yumiko's route in Kajitsu, in the sense that the story was rather forgettable and the only thing I really liked it for was the h.  I love Kanon as a character though, she's great.  Her voice is beautiful and charming and warm  <3

Have to agree with Zeno here.
Kanon's h-scenes in G-senjou were definitely the best of bunch. Though it wasn't great as such, it definitely counts as a pretty good one   :rimu:
Her character did improve a lot from just being an 'annoying sister' in her route.    

I think I still like Kanon's route in G-Senjou more than the true route. The true route got a bit too over the top towards the end and logic holes more and more frequent. Kanon's route was more... subtile somehow, but I do like ice skating so I'm a bit biased (long time Aljona Savchenko fan). I also had the impression that Kanon was the only heroine Kyousuke really liked as a girlfriend. Haru and Kyousuke always felt more like siblings for some reason lol. Kanon was also a pretty admirable character with a strong personality even if it wasn't as obvious as with Haru. She did blend out all the yakuza stuff around her so she could focus 100% on ice skating. Something that her rival wasn't fully able to achieve and Kanon made that clear to her with some pretty merciless statements both on and off the ice.

The only route in G-Senjou that was real crap was the one of Mizuha.

Finished WAS -The Hourglass of Lepidoptera.

It was a good surprise. The characters are endearing, the dystopian setting is more than correct and I wasn't deceived by the plot (nothing new but very nice).

Having said that, the list of the negative points is fairly important. For example, the quality of the drawing and the (partial) voice acting are a bit random (sometimes I understand why it's an amateurish VN). And I suppose, due to the recent problem, some points of the plot won't be solved (leaving two under-utilised characters)...:(

Nonetheless, it's a 7/10.

So, Majikoi.

A t the start of Chris route we have a question, when we can answer about her white tights. There is even answer [paraphrasing it] 'I love them!'. ANd I do like them and choose that. And... Well theyre disappearing for the rest of the route. Not even one CG, left alone h scenes. I was disappointed badly. :<

Finished Kara no Shoujo 2. I couldn't believe I did it in 4 days. (Considering that it usually takes me a week to finish a game if I have lots free time)

I'm supposed to be reading Sakura no Uta, but decided to take a peek on KnS2. Then I ended up being hooked.

I love the game. Enjoyed it more than the 1st. The game properly continued the prequel on it's True End.

Now I'm craving for Kara no Shoujo 3 (which already has a trailer!)

Yukari is still my favorite character. Probably the only Yamato nadeshiko chara I love.

I love this picture :wafuu:

Spoiler

vacant_twwp01.jpg

^ This picture is ultra-awesome, it's my new walpaper now :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Majikoi.
Sigh. Route no 3 - Momoyo route. It was praised by community, I liked her as character, I really wanted to enjoy this. But I couldn't.
Weakest route till now (I read Mayucchi and Chris), it's even worse that Captains side route, while rest of side routes are really mediocre.
Why is that? Simply - there is almost zero romance and 'growing emotions' between Yamato and Momoyo, Momoyos' quirk got annoying ('you need to show your manliness, etc'), there was really low amout of humour (and humour in Maji is perfect), and while finall act, the

Spoiler

Kawakami War

was awesome...it was still lacking in stakes, which is a killer for every tensionfull story, final Momoyo fight has sudden stupid pop-rock song with vocals, which was horribly distracting, end even after the event - scene where Gakuto, after his heroic awesome moment of

Spoiler

fighting alone and defeating a lot of enemies,

he still got shit, because 'no one saw that'. Was it humorous and funny? No, it was really saddening. Just give him at least deserved praise, he finally did something awesome and worth mentioning, but no. Sigh. Maybe I'm in little depressing mood lately and things like that turns me down heavily, but it was really, really sad.
And finall thing - after reading this route (well, only h scenes and ending left for me to finish) I grew up, as a reader, much more attached to Miyako. She had a great chemistry with Yamato, in this route much better than in others, and she was reliable, dependable, and simply awesome. Momoyo...didn't do nothing. She didn't gave any reason to like her more (and I really liked Mayucchi and Chris after their routes, hah, even Chika is much more likeable after her side route!).
Sad route. Around 7.X/10

EDIT:
Further down the hole.
Suddenly, Captain. And suddenly Yamato stops treating Momoyo as a human being. She doesn't acknowledge that she has her emotions, feelings and intelligence. Suddnely he thinks of her as a 'treasure' he must acquire. Because women don't choose men basing on their own feelings, their choose men basing on who was first and 'more persuading'.
ALso ' he didn't 'win her heart' with his actiins, it is said that he win her heart because of others, their knowledge and help, which is really stupid and foretell a really artificial relationship. Could this route be any worse? I shall see.

At last, I finished Sekien no Inganock. It's difficult to describe my present feeling. On the one hand, I felt frustation (chapters 5, 6 & the final) and weariness (almost as repetitive as Comyu...oh WAIT ! what a coincidence ! Another Ixrec translation...:illya:). But on the other hand, this VN was clearly magic (and deserves the word masterpiece) : Ooishi Ryuuko's work (art) is gorgeous, the OST is fantastic, the main characters are unforgettable (Ati :wub:), the atmosphere is unique and bewitching (because of this, I want to discover Lovecraft) and I really, really love most of the plot...even the erotic scenes (To my mind, it's nothing hentai) are good :sachi:

9/10 (Who says I'm a Hard Masochist ? :ph34r:)

Edit : Now It's Kara no Shoujo 2 and/or Gahkthun :ryuusui:

On 4/3/2016 at 6:27 AM, ChaosRaven said:

I think I still like Kanon's route in G-Senjou more than the true route. The true route got a bit too over the top towards the end and logic holes more and more frequent. Kanon's route was more... subtile somehow, but I do like ice skating so I'm a bit biased (long time Aljona Savchenko fan). I also had the impression that Kanon was the only heroine Kyousuke really liked as a girlfriend.

Kanon was my favorite, as a character she was adorable.

I always have a conflict with the true route vs my fav, I don't know what to think.

7 hours ago, Ollie- said:

I'm playing Da Capo 2 at the moment :mare:

3 routes down, 4 more to go...I think? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm not sure what the seventh "route" actually entails. I never read it because I always assumed it was just some minor side story. Or rather, I read it for about fifteen minutes, got bored, and stopped, lol. If it's actually a substantial story route then I guess I missed out.

13 minutes ago, Decay said:

I'm not sure what the seventh "route" actually entails. I never read it because I always assumed it was just some minor side story. Or rather, I read it for about fifteen minutes, got bored, and stopped, lol. If it's actually a substantial story route then I guess I missed out.

lol well I havn't got their just yet.  As you said, I'm assuming its just a little side story just to finish things off nicely but who knows :^).

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 6:41 PM, Decay said:

Let them have their fun with it.

When you phrase it that way, fair enough - for whatever reason it didn't even register as a joke at the time I read it, and I just found it bizarre.

On a completely different note, I just saw a Cool Hand Luke reference in Grisaia with the good old "What we've got here is a failure to communicate" line. First person I've ever seen make that reference aside from my father :makina:

At any rate, I'm still thoroughly enjoying the Grisaia common route. I'm clearly not spending as much time with this VN as it deserves, or I'd be done with the common route by now, but Stardew Valley has turned out to be entirely too effective at pushing my buttons. I'll be trying to get into a regular rhythm of reading again, probably with both Grisaia and Steins;Gate, since it looks like the reading club will be picking up the latter for March.

Reading 鴎城異聞 第一聞, 彼が死ななければいけなかった理由I don't know what the hell the first part means xD but the second is something like the reason of why he had to be dead or die (damn that double negative using a conditional to say you must, why everything is so complicated in japanese >_> )

so far is good and the protagonist is voiced so that's another point to this novel, it has an air of a doujin but not quite..

also reading umineko but I can say anything because I don't have an spoiler button...it gets really good and yet sometimes really boring, the story cant keep up with a decent pace is a bit annoying, that's my only complain so far.

Ok, I've had a change of heart - I previously voiced my disapproval of translation trying to capture heavy Japanese accents through equally heavily accented English translation. Well, I hit a line in Grisaia (amusingly, the same translator whose application of this previously annoyed me, since I didn't really appreciate Gahkthun's Annabeth's accented translation) where it worked to better capture the mood for me. The thing that made it nice here was that the quotation was unvoiced, but the accented translation made it so I could mentally hear the person saying it - quite an accomplishment, really. I can't spoiler things right now, but it's not a big deal at all, so I'll just link it directly:

Screenshot%20215_zpsbt7l70l2.png

I don't really understand your complaint about Annabeth in Gahkthun. In fiction, she's a Canadian who speaks English with a noticeable Canadian accent. In the translation, she's written as such. The problem is...? 

The characters are so incredibly colorful in Grisaia that translating them all in the same drab way would have done them a huge disservice. 

10 hours ago, Decay said:

I don't really understand your complaint about Annabeth in Gahkthun. In fiction, she's a Canadian who speaks English with a noticeable Canadian accent. In the translation, she's written as such. The problem is...? 

The characters are so incredibly colorful in Grisaia that translating them all in the same drab way would have done them a huge disservice. 

Ok, one technical problem, which is really a problem with Gahkthun itself more so than the translation: most Canadians don't have much of an accent to their English, relative to the kind of English spoken in the US which is usually referred to as having "no accent", aside from the way they pronounce the "o" in words like "sorry". I haven't met any Quebecois so I can't speak to that, I suppose, but I don't believe her accent was representative of that speech either (and if it were, you'd say she had a Quebecois accent, not a Canadian accent). So, the accent as written wasn't something that I could call a Canadian accent.

And one that's really more an issue with me: I wasn't able to hear anything like that accent in the voice acting. While that's surely my problem, that doesn't change the subjective experience for me.

So on both the objective fork and, for me, the subjective fork as well, it didn't make sense.

So after a long no-life session this weekend, I've finished my first playthrough of Beat blades haruka. The game is so freaking addicting... I can't stop :komari:

My first ending was the brutal haruka ending.

Spoiler

Gotta say, actually becoming the villain at the end was so freaking satisfying. I've never played a game where you can seriously, straight up just become evil and then the evil guys win. That was so brilliant:wahaha: Next route will be Narika's brutal end, then I'll move over to some of the love routes.