What are you playing?

21 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

I have finished Benio's route in Comyu and it wasn't all that great. Benio's ideals didn't really connect with me and because of that, the ending pissed me off. The first part of the route was good, but the second half wasn't fun to play through.

Most people don't like Benio's route, and most people cite the ideals clash as the reason (well, that and the finale). So, don't worry - the game still gets good reviews from tons of people who feel the same way.

Of course, I happen to not be one of them. Benio is love.

Just now, Fred the Barber said:

Most people don't like Benio's route, and most people cite the ideals clash as the reason (well, that and the finale). So, don't worry - the game still gets good reviews from tons of people who feel the same way.

I've heard the same things from everybody else who I've talked about it with so far. I'm currently on the exchange student's route and it hasn't been that interesting romance wise, but the avatar gig plot is entertaining.

1 hour ago, Fred the Barber said:

As should be expected, we're in agreement.

11 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

In fact, I'm not one of "them" too. I think Benio is the cutest girl in Comyu (maybe she shares that first place with the "Cat Detective") :wub:

Spoiler

And the first time she "attempt" to sleep with the protagonist was surprinsingly hilarious :wahaha:

Finished most of the stuff i had posted last time.

Now its manly:

-Tomb Raider 2 (yeah... didint touched that one much).

-Panzer Corps

-To End All Wars (yeah... i am also a big fan of Grand Strategy Wargames :) )

On the VN Side its:

-Amorous Professor Cherry (my girl actually makes fun of me for that, ever since she found out about it :lol:.

2 minutes ago, br4zil said:

Finished most of the stuff i had posted last time.

Now its manly:

-Tomb Raider 2 (yeah... didint touched that one much).

-Panzer Corps

-To End All Wars (yeah... i am also a big fan of Grand Strategy Wargames :) )

On the VN Side its:

-Amorous Professor Cherry (my girl actually makes fun of me for that, ever since she found out about it :lol:.

I think you posted this in the wrong section :P

Finished chapter 7 of Princess Evangile and once again I'm surprised how much I enjoyed this chapter. I swear Konomi's like an adorable Michiru... let's just hope whenever that fandisk releases she'll have a better route than Michiru 

Anyway from sidenotes:

1) In light of Ayaka's pick for additional learning material, did anyone else think "Could have been worse, she could have picked 50 Shades of Gray" ? (though considering how hilariously badly written that book is, Konomi reading that out loud may have been even funnier :makina:)

2) Maybe it's just because I'm also working on finishing Tsujidou-san no Virgin Road at the moment, but it's kind of weird that Ayaka talks the same way as Azusa.

3 minutes ago, Nerathim said:

I'm currently reading Kara no Shoujo 2 and I got spoiled that

I CAN'T FIND THE SPOILER TAG SO BEWARE OF SPOILERS :illya:

111111111111111111nanakoisthekiller1111111111111111

I CAN'T FIND THE SPOILER TAG SO BEWARE OF SPOILERS :illya:

Seriously, I see all kinds of tools but not the spoiler one.

Anyway, knowing that, should I continue reading?

You can do a spoiler tag just writting:
TEXDbox.png

About Kara no Shoujo 2 - absolutely. Even if you get spoiled by this, there is so much other things to discover that is really a worth reading title. But please stay away from spoilers from now on and enjoy rest of the VN. :D 

Finished Majikoi. Sigh. This VN has so much goodness, yet so much badness that it's sad. Cut the crap parts out and we have pure 9.5/10 Title.
Here are the grades for routes and stuff:

Spoiler

RauVoBa.png

Final route was great. Almost.
1) Two sudden, impossibly stupid and almost out oof nowhere (first one) and totally out of nowhere (second) h scenes were totally distracting and mood/climate/tension killers. I almsot cryied at how stupidly     shoehorned in this great route, second one was. And how crappy it was.
2)Whoever though that putting vocalized pop song as a BGM for 'action' is just incredibly stupid and should be fired. Same thing was in Momoyo route when we have a great action and suddenly I just had too take of my earphones - song was so bad, cheesy, corny, bubblegumily-happy and so distracting. Here it is:

Spoiler

Ugh, how I hate it.

Also - I don't know why you guys praised Wanko route so much. It was the second weakest one, just after Momoyos. Yeah, scenes here were pretty depressing, drama was well written, but... At sudden moments Maji remembered that it's still a comedy and shoehorned jokes to this drama. Jokes itselves were fine, houmor in Maji is overal great, but iwas completly unfitting the darker and grittier mood of this route.

To sum up - wasted potential for something really great. I will give really farfetched 8.2.

EDIT:
How could I forget - best girl ranking!

Spoiler

1. Minamoto 'Reji' Gen-san Tadakatsu
2. Chris/Myiako
4. Momoyo
5. Aoi Touma
6. Sakahibara KoYuki
7. Inoue Jun  
8. Itagaki Angel
9. Morooka Takuya
10. Kojima Umeko

And worst ones
2. Frank Friedrich
1. Margit Eberbach

No, no hate. I should have written that. I didn' hate anybody in that VN, nobody was annoying. Which was probably first title I'e read that didn't had even one annoying character.
But Margit simply wasn't funny (for me), wasn't interesting and was just strict, boring soldier. And I don't like soldiers. But no hate here. ;)

2 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

Finished Majikoi. Sigh. This VN has so much goodness, yet so much badness that it's sad. Cut the crap parts out and we have pure 9.5/10 Title.
Here are the grades for routes and stuff:

RauVoBa.png

I think that's the first time I've seen someone keeping track over his overall VN rating with an Excel sheet. :o

You're sure the final rating is 7,87326732673267 and not 7,87326732673266? It looks a bit overrated in the 14th decimal place. :yumiko:

30 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

I think that's the first time I've seen someone keeping track over his overall VN rating with an Excel sheet. :o

You're sure the final rating is 7,87326732673267 and not 7,87326732673266? It looks a bit overrated in the 14th decimal place. :yumiko:

Well, Majikoi has so many routes that I couldn't simply wrote them down to my (very, very old) mobile phone, I had to do something bigger. ;d And I'm fond of that, I like doing things like that, and looking at all different results (like final grade only from 5 man routes, changing wages of things etc). ;)

And I'm pretty sure it's 7,87326732673267, cause, as you see, it's whole '3267' that going endless, not only final '6' :P 

11 hours ago, TexasDice said:

All these scores are giving me a brain aneurysm. konomifaceemoticong3umi.png

8/10 post. It's a valid issue, but a really melodramatic way of stating it.

But it gets another +0.477 for a good custom emoticon, and +0.256 because Dice is an all-around good guy, so 8.733 overall.

Now, so that this isn't a total shitpost...

Normally I'm reading one VN at a time, but I've somehow found myself embroiled in both Steins;Gate and Grisaia no Kajitsu at the same time. And I also keep sinking lots of time into Beat Blades Haruka, because it's such a different experience - for me it's like playing a more traditional video game rather than reading a VN. Bizarrely, this has been the trigger for me to finally learn time budgeting, which is something I've always been horrible at - so S;G gets 1-2 hours a day, GnK gets 1-2 hours a day, Stardew Valley gets 1-2 hours a day, and BBH gets the remainder of my gaming time. Incidentally, that's a lot of hours total, so it's a good thing I'm on vacation for a while longer, or I'd be having to make up some even more complicated system for juggling all of these, like alternating days.

I've hardly spent any time with Steins;Gate yet, so it's at the bottom of the pile, but it's climbing rapidly. I watched the anime (which was awesome), so I know a lot of what to expect (which is unfortunate), but the experience of playing the game feels quite a bit different (which is good!). Still deciding how I feel about the game art, especially - it looks quite different from what I'm used to. I love the coloring, but I'm not crazy about the way characters are shaped. Music is excellent - I don't recall hearing much of what I've heard so far in the Steins;Gate anime, but maybe it just wasn't very prominent (unlike, say, typical adaptations of Key works which feature the game OST pretty prominently).

Grisaia no Kajitsu, where I'm still in the common route, remains top dog in terms of appreciation, but because the content is so episodic I don't feel that strong a pull to read it. Whenever I do sit down with it, I laugh out loud every few minutes, though; the comedy is pure gold. Makina is easily my favorite character, though all of the rest have their moments too.

Beat Blades Haruka is the lowest of the three in terms of appreciation, but the gameplay element makes me constantly reflect on what I should be doing next. Since it's always on my mind that way, it's the one I usually feel like playing; if I weren't consciously balancing between these things, I'd probably just be playing BBH all the time. Because of that "one more turn" phenomenon, it's also got the strongest pull for me to keep playing once I've sat down with it - my sessions with BBH are usually turning out to be around 3 hours long.

Koi Suru Otome to Shugo no Tate2 – Katsura has received proper introduction now. No reason to not be alert around him because he does give off a sinister as f vibe. Also, MC's attempt to act cute around him was too damn hilarious. Going strong so far. 
Grisaia no Zankou – Voiced Yuuji was a nice touch. (After watching anime adaptations, his voice actor does really suit him.) Very touching moment of Yuuji showing his human side after everything that happened thus far. Young Asako getting decked by JB was the highlight. 

Danny was true bro. (Seatbelts? Who needs those things anyways.)

44tPA5O.png