What are you playing?

Recently finished Kurugaya's route and indeed it was much more enjoyable than Komari's or Rin's. I'm going through the common route today to get to Haruka's route.

I'd wait to put a veredict on Rin's route until you play Rin 2, but aside from that I've gotta say that Kurugaya is indeed a character with more depth than Komari (imo).

I'd wait to put a veredict on Rin's route until you play Rin 2, but aside from that I've gotta say that Kurugaya is indeed a character with more depth than Komari (imo).

Let me explain:

I know all about Rin2 and haven't already judged Rin just yet. I just didn't want to mention that there were two different Rin routes for those who haven't played the game yet...

Let me explain:

I know all about Rin2 and haven't already judged Rin just yet. I just didn't want to mention that there were two different Rin routes for those who haven't played the game yet...

I see...

Though I don't think it's that big of a deal since people bring it up all the time on the forums and it's even in the walkthroughs...

Finally, I finally finished Supreme Candy's Jako Route! I must say, this route brings the visual novel to a totally different level. It was an exciting and worthy experience. I have read few reviews beforehand and knew what to expect, but Jako Route still intrigued and surprised me. The most interesting part is the origin of the Supreme Candy itself, which I thought was a lousy plot device. Then there is our protagonist Tonami Yuu a.k.a The Bad-ass: his bad-assery level raised to 100 in this route, though his weakness in a particular scene made me really angry and disappointed (if any of you had read the VN, you'd probably knew what I mean). The last scene (the scene before the epilogue I mean) almost moved me to tears, and I have to praise Sca-ji for creating such a wonderful and dramatic love story. Not sure how he handled SubaHibi, but after Supreme Candy's Jako Route I'm pretty confident in his writing ability. Some scenes are a little bit dry, but everything is logical and emotional (a weird combination :lol:/> ).

Well, what's left is the the Final Scenario. I hope that this route will explain everything that I didn't figured out, because I have so many questions after going this far into the main plot of Supreme Candy. If the Final Scenario manage to entertain and move me without screwing the main plot, I'll probably consider it as the best visual novel I have ever read, defeating the legendary Ever 17 and Cross Channel. However, I'll have to put off reading it for awhile, coz my exams are coming up really soon. :(/>

After finally finishing Swan Song, which took way too long for various reasons, I finished up Dandy Girl today as well given that it's only 30 mins long. Recommended.

I've downloaded a bunch of stuff from insani, so I figure I'll try them out. A few shorter vns will be a nice change of pace, really.

Finally finished Muv-Luv Alternative. It was simply awesome.

I kinda expected that ending where everyone dies, but that didn't make it any better, that didn't stop my tears. It was kinda obvious what would happen, I mean, come on, they lose almost a whole army to defeat a lvl.3 hive, and they go with just one unit to destroy a lvl.6 (I think) hive.

Well, anyway, it was awesome, no matter what, though I could do without those explanations about the missions, sometimes I just wanted to skip all that and be done with it... but I didn't, and I'm proud of that.

I'd like to play Muv-luv Altered Fable, it looks like the continuation of Alternative on the world he goes back to, can't wait for the translation.

Now I'm gonna start Tsukihime, at last, I've wanted to play it for a long time now, so I'll do it now.

I spent, like, 5 hours straight finishing Meakashi-hen of Higurashi yesterday. Really great. Even though I had seen the anime.

I loved it when Keiichi snapped in Tatarigoroshi-hen, and once again loved it when Shion snapped in this one.

I'm going to work a bit on my anime backlog before going on with Tsumihoroboshi-hen, because there's a lot of stuff I want to finish.

I just played the first couple hours of Tsukihime and it's looking good for now. I already know the story, since I watched the anime, but I already like the VN much more than the anime, though not much has happened yet.

I have to say that it disappointed me to find out that it has no voices. I was really looking forward to listen to Arcueid speaking, but well, that's how things are.

I just played the first couple hours of Tsukihime and it's looking good for now. I already know the story, since I watched the anime, but I already like the VN much more than the anime, though not much has happened yet.

I have to say that it disappointed me to find out that it has no voices. I was really looking forward to listen to Arcueid speaking, but well, that's how things are.

What Tsukihime anime? There is no anime.

Finally finished SubaHibi. Let me make a short review here~( to vent my irritation~xD)

SubaHibi~ started with slice-of-life yuri prologue which lead to

-First arc : Ah~seems like it is a horror VN

-Second arc: WTF!! sex with desk!!! mahou-shoujo!!!! WTF!! Futa!!!! WTF!!! Psycho everywhere!!!!!

-Third arc: Ah~ just a story of bullying~ ....wait WTF!!!!!!!!!!

-Fourth arc : WTF!!!!!

-Third arc: WTF!!!!!!

-Final arc: people craziness at its max

And then it ended with

1 ending : WTFFFFFFFFF just happened!!!!!!!!!

2 ending: WTFFFFFFFFF just happened!!!!!!!!!

3 ending: WTFFFFFFFFF just happened!!!!!!!!!

My impression : WTFFFFFFFFF just happened!!!!!!!!!

Conclusion: It is a VN you will probably love it to your heart or hate it to your bones. Seem like I'm the latter, unable to stand its weirdness.

SubaHibi~ the weirdest VN I have played, period.

Finally finished SubaHibi. Let me make a short review here~( to vent my irritation~xD)

SubaHibi~ started with slice-of-life yuri prologue which lead to

-First arc : Ah~seems like it is a horror VN

-Second arc: WTF!! sex with desk!!! mahou-shoujo!!!! WTF!! Futa!!!! WTF!!! Psycho everywhere!!!!!

-Third arc: Ah~ just a story of bullying~ ....wait WTF!!!!!!!!!!

-Fourth arc : WTF!!!!!

-Third arc: WTF!!!!!!

-Final arc: people craziness at its max

And then it ended with

1 ending : WTFFFFFFFFF just happened!!!!!!!!!

2 ending: WTFFFFFFFFF just happened!!!!!!!!!

3 ending: WTFFFFFFFFF just happened!!!!!!!!!

My impression : WTFFFFFFFFF just happened!!!!!!!!!

Conclusion: It is a VN you will probably love it to your heart or hate it to your bones. Seem like I'm the latter, unable to stand its weirdness.

SubaHibi~ the weirdest VN I have played, period.

Great, yet another VN in my backlog. I really want to play this now.

Conclusion: It is a VN you will probably love it to your heart or hate it to your bones

True. I, for example, absolutely loved this game and all it's crazy denpa stuff. Especially 'It's my own Invention' chapter.

I also liked all these witty philosophy talks, even though I don't get Wittgenstein in the slightest :D

Also, being Zakuro is suffering.

As for what I am reading now - started Noble Works, surprisingly fun so far.

It's my own Invention is my most hated one~ many crazy denpa stuffs + crazy H-scenes.

It is only because of ultra cute Kimika that I am able to finish it.

For me Subahibi = Kimika :wub:

First of all, CONGRATS man for finishing this VN. You have any plans for the next one?

Sex with desk lolz :lol:. I thought he was just mstrbting I kinda got spoiled beforehand that the futanari actually touch upon:

The idea that within a person can coexist many souls, be those souls male or female.

Hmmm, of all the four chapters that I have read, I like It's my own Invention the most. I'm just interested in Takuji and his mind, and after July 18th NOW I'm interested in Tomosane too. I'm not into Ayana though. I think she is there just to explain things to the readers and then confuse them more.

Anyways, if you don't have any VNs that you want to read, I'll suggest trying the one I'm reading now - ShuprEmo Kyanndi :lol: (Supreme Candy). It's also written by Sca-ji, but it is not as twisted as SubaHibi. You'll die of MOEness~ and epicness!! Damn Sca-ji did a really good job in writing that plot!

Finished reading LEAVEs yesterday, feel it's a bit underrated on vndb but criticisms of it are valid. Personally liked what happens at the very end the most, actually, despite it making others rage...

Started up on Aoishiro now. The translator might have needed a more zealous / more existing editor given his tendency to not translate stuff like "etto" (yeah, you will probably know what it means, but still...) and similar. Apparently they couldn't hack it that well, so a lot of UI elements are only translated in some included pictures... Oh well. Otherwise it's quite interesting. Lots of japanese mythology (not sure how much of it is accurate, though).

Having just finished Kawata Shoujo (don't laugh tongue.gif)

I am now working on Muv-Luv Alternative and Ever17

My days will be filled working through the catalogue of games I want to play.

Who'd laugh? Katawa Shoujo is AWESOME. I'd laugh if you hadn't done it any sooner xD

Ever 17 seems nice, I'll give it a go after Rewrite (so big, but so far so good =D)