Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo Translation Project (Alpha Patch LIVE)

FuryTomic

On 06/07/2016 at 5:39 AM, FuryTomic said:

7-5-16 Small Update

Update on the Alpha Patch:

Final Image revisions are underway. We are just waiting on our Image Editor to finish up the touches. After that, we are ready to get the patch up! We may plan on including some finalized translated scripts into the Alpha Patch.

However, we may not. It depends upon our situation with the hacker who converts our files. if he has time, then we may see some script files translated into English. :)

Would be a good idea to see some translated scripts to see what the English/translation quality looks like this time around to gain people's confidence. The first time was less than stellar.

On 7/13/2016 at 6:43 AM, ittaku said:

Would be a good idea to see some translated scripts to see what the English/translation quality looks like this time around to gain people's confidence. The first time was less than stellar.

Very True. That's something I would hope we can insert with the Alpha Patch. Most of the group staff seemed to have gone off the radar for the week though. Dunno if the last batch of images were finalized yet.. It could be that our Image Editor is busy for a while, since he's working on another project. I'll might as well ask some of the other members to continue working and play around with the script files and all of that. 

Though.. I wonder what would people think if..

Spoiler

I were to completely translate Aoyama and Shiina's Confession scenes... And insert those scripts in the Alpha Patch... Who knows. It could be a surprise. 

On 7/12/2016 at 5:29 AM, mademan2 said:

Still rooting for you guys, I started learning Japanese with a teacher twice a week, it's not like its gonna help any, but its sort of fun :D

Make sure you put that to good use sometime!

You can easily forget most of the language if you don't speak it often with another person who speaks Japanese..

(I'm currently recapping and practicing some of the Japanese grammar rules I forgot after a week of VACation.)

33 minutes ago, FuryTomic said:

Though.. I wonder what would people think if..

Reveal hidden contents

I were to completely translate Aoyama and Shiina's Confession scenes... And insert those scripts in the Alpha Patch... Who knows. It could be a surprise. 

Lousy idea. Demos shouldn't have massive spoilers in them.

8 hours ago, ittaku said:

Lousy idea. Demos shouldn't have massive spoilers in them.

Fair enough. Looks like I can (hopefully) get the scripts in the game, (Maybe except for most of YMSR.. Those were all done by 1 user who is now retired from the group.) Ideally, the scripts would be from the start of the game, to somewhere around 

Spoiler

11月22目(木)<- This is the Checkpoint for 企画書提出. The game starts on 11月12目(月)With some good amount of fillers for the beginning. 

That's an acceptable length of scripts. However, the game mechanics can insert (at random) Events that will be unexpected. My only concern is not knowing which event script could potentially be triggered. In addition, the scripts we translated so far have "followup" scripts that exist in another folder. It seems like the scripts switch back and forth from "MAIN" (Common route) to "LIFE" (Side routes/Fillers) then randomly throw in a Event Script in the middle. I still haven't figured out the scripts that follow up with the LBD files.. (This is the 2D Live animation scene the game offers. I still haven't figured out which scripts/lines that follow with this.) As these are also random events when your staff is "Having Trouble!" 

Man, this game and it's cell structure is truly an oddball.. Probably one where I do not have a good clue about. Most of our staff don't have the correct tools or know how to get some of these unique file types extracted.. Including LBD.

• 1 month later...

9/5/16 UPDATE

Another hiatus came forth with the team, so we haven't been working for a while (Which left down to 1-3 members active)

However, we did manage to finalize some script files despite being away for almost 2 months.

Here below is one of our finalized scripts that you will see in the Alpha Patch, along with it completely re translated.

Speaking of Alpha patches, our date still has been TBA, since we are in need for someone who can help convert SSB Scripts so our Patch can continue being created. If you happen to know someone who can (or may be able to) Convert: SSB Files into XLSX files, and XLSX to SSB. It would be nice if someone can help us convert these files, so our Alpha Patch can make some progress towards being released.

And a Side Note: We may see a POSSIBLE future release for the PS Vita. A new Homebrew/Exploit has been found in Version 3.60, which allows your Vita to be homebrewed again! However, we suspect that some users might have already updated to a newer firmware of the Vita, or don't want to go through the hassle of updating, so we won't consider this option just yet.

I've been caught up with Kimi No Na Wa lately, and started translating some of the Light Novel: Kimi No Na Wa: Another Side: Earthbound. It's just myself and some friends from my Japanese Class, so that's a different side project in the meantime.

• 1 month later...

Just want to say I'm rooting for you guys; doesn't matter if it's slow or fast progress, take your time! 

And just my two-cents on the PSVita situation: the PSP version and PSVita version were released simultaneously, which tells me that the file formats will, in all likelihood, be the same. If you would like, I can try and acquire a copy of the PSVita version and confirm this? :) 

EDIT: Checked anyway; files are contained in CPK archives (nothing new) and scripts/translatable strings are held in (I think) SSB files (strings are in plaintext but the file is compressed/encoded). Seems to be the same as PSP. If there's a way to repack CPK files, I could test a translated script on one of my Vitas? Also I can upload one of the script files or its header to see if there's a difference?

Edited by Slynch

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2016 at 0:59 AM, Slynch said:

Just want to say I'm rooting for you guys; doesn't matter if it's slow or fast progress, take your time! 

And just my two-cents on the PSVita situation: the PSP version and PSVita version were released simultaneously, which tells me that the file formats will, in all likelihood, be the same. If you would like, I can try and acquire a copy of the PSVita version and confirm this? :) 

EDIT: Checked anyway; files are contained in CPK archives (nothing new) and scripts/translatable strings are held in (I think) SSB files (strings are in plaintext but the file is compressed/encoded). Seems to be the same as PSP. If there's a way to repack CPK files, I could test a translated script on one of my Vitas? Also I can upload one of the script files or its header to see if there's a difference?

I wonder why Fuwanovel didn't push their notification digest to me.. had it set to receive each day.. Odd..

Well now that the Vita has a new exploit for some time (and got patched if you updated) we might also go along with the Vita Version.. Simply put, see if we can export our files onto the Vita and test it out.. But I do suspect some things are different than the PSP. It's my two cents though. However, I won't be able to do the testings nor updates to test and try it out..

I feel like a big idiot right now. I accidentally updated my vita that I record game play from because of some games that gone free.. Ever since that day, I've just started to get pissed off more and more at PlayStation and Sony with them patching vita exploits.. I feel that at this point, I should just sell the Vita with the updated firmware and capture card, and then use an older version of the vita that I have get sent in, and let the new capture card be installed instead... Except I don't grow money on trees, and the group that makes the capture cards are overseas, so that will take a while until I have another opportunity to do so... Or unless see if I can try to get a new PSP 2000 from them that hopefully did not get updated to 3.61.. But I'd rather send mine in since I know that they don't update or tamper with whatever firmware your own vita is on... We will see..

And of all times too, we have finally managed to make a breakthrough on getting the ssb files converted..

10/19/16 UPDATE

We have successfully gotten our first file converted into an .ssb file! However, we will need to conduct further testing to see if it works. After that, we should be able to officially push out our first Alpha Patch that has been held up for some time now.. 

Some screenshots of it officially in the game (no subtitles over or anything. Exported over into the game)

http://imgur.com/lW5a4vB

http://imgur.com/WqRHyS8

http://imgur.com/lehfVmS

Oh. Did we also not mention that we have a discord channel setup? 

If you are interested in joining, you can join in using our link below:

Discord Link

It's the "best girl" theme that permits this. In light novels like Haganai, Toradora, and even Oerimo, there is a constant fight to find "the best girl", or the "what if" scenarios, when the MC doesn't end up with the canon girl.

Great work guys, keep it up!

On 20/10/2016 at 0:42 AM, FuryTomic said:

Well now that the Vita has a new exploit for some time (and got patched if you updated) we might also go along with the Vita Version.. Simply put, see if we can export our files onto the Vita and test it out.. But I do suspect some things are different than the PSP. It's my two cents though. However, I won't be able to do the testings nor updates to test and try it out..

Well my offer always stands; if you ever want to test it, just send me a repackaged script file (with just a string changed to "hello world") to try out. I have a couple of hacked Vitas and a copy of Sakurasou :) 

Small Quick Update after not posting anything for a few months:

The Alpha Patch is pretty much ready at this point!

Highlight Patch Notes

Patch Notes:

-Has 53 script files with mostly finalized text 

- Most images should be done. Some will be checked if finalized.

- A couple specification boxes should have their text translated. Not too sure if it's the early game boxes or not. If not, it will be fixed in another patch.

------

Full Release Note can be found on our Discord Channel. (If you paid attention to the comments posted a while back :) )

A more typed up Release Notes and some things will be posted tomorrow. Stay Tuned!

-FuryTomic

Edited by FuryTomic

As promised from Yesterday, I will type up the summary of the new release:

There was a new hotfix patch that was also updated today. I will include the details and specifications of that too.

Currently works on: PPSSPP. Has not been tested on Vita Yet. 

1/5/17 PATCH NOTES

- 53 Fully Translated Script Lines have been inserted into the patch.

- Majority of every image should have been converted to be seen in game. There will be a few left not finalized at the moment.

A couple specification boxes should have their text translated. Note not all of the specification boxes have been translated 100% yet. We are still discovering more parent child files that 

need to be converted into a readable format, translated, then reinserted back in.

1/6/17 HOTFIX PATCH

- Fixed a problem with the line that didn't pause at the end and just continued on to the next line.

-All instance of "Super Creator Excavation Project" have been replaced with "Super Creator Discovery Project" repsectivly.

- A little more progress has been made on the squares for the specification game

- A lot more images have been replaced with their translated counterparts.

----

Some possible Q&As that may be asked if I am not here on Fuwanovel:

Q: Where can I find it?

A: On our Discord Channel. Please use this code below to join. (Note you MUST have a verified email Discord Account.)

https://discord.gg/gkb2THE

Q: I am having trouble installing the patch!

A: Please refer to our instructions typed up in the #releases channel. Any further problems or trouble can be asked on the Discord Channel.

Q: How much is translated?

A: Varies on which patch you have installed. On 1/5/17, there was a total of 53 inserted script lines that are fully translated. Percentage wise, this is 11% of the entire game. Note that these inserted script lines were all checked for errors and mischief typos. You may find some unexpected typos in the game. Just report it to us in the #bug-reports channel.

Q: Can I make a video, post screenshots, showcase this patch to people and friends?

A: Of course! We don't have any problem with that sort. IIn fact, encourage you to showcase, or take screenshots of your experience with the game! The only thing we will snoop up on you is if you redistribute the patch, or the game with the english patch installed on other websites. (If you ever patched yourself a game, you should obviously know this.) If a website (other than Eternal Nyaboron) is claiming that they have the English Patch of the game, it is most likely a scam, or a virus. We have heard of zero cases where another group or individual has picked up the game and managed to 100% translate the whole game, even without the respectable tools and coding needed. 

Any other questions needed can be asked here, or on Discord!

----

I am also looking for, 'guinea pigs' to help test with me if the patch can work on PS TV/VITA versions. If you are aware, HenHaku has been released to the public for months now, and offers a similar experience to a homebrewed PSP. If you are interested, feel free to PM me.

----

This concludes this release topic for today! We hope to push out more updates like this this year! :) 

-FuryTomic

Edited by FuryTomic

Vita Version Note and Update:

After fiddling around for a while, there is a method to get the Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo patch working on the PS VITA. However, this may offer a different route on installing the patch, and will not work on the physical copy of the game.

It will require a digital copy for this to work, and is still being looked upon.

We have done some conversions of files to work on the vita. We just haven't reached the final part to exactly make it work, and a few file types are different from the psp version. That is still being looked upon at the moment.

An Example of the converted PS VITA File compared to the PSP File.

As stated, if you are interested to be a 'guinea pig' and help test with me if the patch can work on PS TV/VITA versions, feel free to PM me. :) 

Edited by FuryTomic

• 3 weeks later...

The English Patch for Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo on the Playstation Vita/TV is being created!

Showcased on the Playstation TV:

*The content featured is subject to change*

It will contain the same amount of scripts translated as the PSP version. However, the images in the Vita Version are now being edited as we speak, thanks to a new member who is offering his help to Image Edit the Vita images! :D

I do not have a PSP Showcase of the patch right now, since I have some very odd issues with my PSP Version of Sakurasou. It doesn't seem to like running for me at all... It's similar to the English Patch showcased here, but it has all of the images translated into English.

But this is what is currently being cooked up for now. Any questions? Feel free to ask! :)

-FuryTomic

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE 2/6/17

A New Patch has been pushed out! But that's not all. There is now a patch available for the Vita featuring translated images provided by a new member, galafador and his hard work. There are some minor differences between the images in each that will be changed over to the newer ones found on the vita patch (No they can't just be copied over because of file types and structures).

2/6/17 PATCH Notes:

The Vita patch now features translated images and scripts - The following days have now been translated: 11/13 (40% done, still working on the last two parts), 11/16, 11/17, 11/18, 11/20, 12/04, 12/31 (11/19 is translated and just in editing while 11/14 is in translation from another of our translators)

Most of the bugs that have been reported up to this point should be fixed in this new patch.

Our notable (and "overworked") staff member, Dylan, wants to check to see if names are still broken in the first time when Otoha appears. If so, he would like to know too if Shiina's name is also broken when she appears in that scenario or if Otoha's name is broken when she appears the next day. Dylan would also like to know if there is still clipping with Maid-chan's lines or if they have been fixed minus a few exceptions. Those can be reported in our Bug-Reports section on our Discord Channel.

Now before I probably get asked questions about where can you find this, it can be found on our Discord Channel. We have also recently implied new rules and guidelines, and would like new people to talk too, instead of just huddling up and filling server space :P

There might be questions too on how to apply or install these patches, but those can be answered quickly and with more info on our Discord Channel too. 

(Figuring people would ask wheres the discord link, here it is:)

https://discord.gg/gkb2THE

Note: You must have a verified email address associated with your Discord Account to join.

Stay Tuned for more Updates!

-FuryTomic

Edited by FuryTomic

23 hours ago, Erogamer said:

You would have to get a physical copy for this as it is not sold on the PS Store in the west............Right?

You would have to get the Digital Version actually. The Physical Copy won't work with the patch, as for obvious reasons (I mean, if you can extract and get the game files cracked from a physical copy and then get it into a digital format that's readable for the PSP, be my guest.) 

it also depends on what game version you plan on buying. The Vita, or the PSP. Before you make a decision, I would strongly advise you to tell me what you plan on playing the game on. (A PSP, or Vita/TV)

15 hours ago, FuryTomic said:

You would have to get the Digital Version actually. The Physical Copy won't work with the patch, as for obvious reasons (I mean, if you can extract and get the game files cracked from a physical copy and then get it into a digital format that's readable for the PSP, be my guest.) 

it also depends on what game version you plan on buying. The Vita, or the PSP. Before you make a decision, I would strongly advise you to tell me what you plan on playing the game on. (A PSP, or Vita/TV)

Well, how would you buy it digital? It is not sold in the western market? Also, does this tell more about the relationships romance wise between characters than the anime?