Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo Translation Project (Alpha Patch LIVE)

FuryTomic

Today, I will bring some important Bad News to share with you guys...

- As of today, January 23, 2016, I can confirm now that there is no way to get Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo to run on the PS Vita as their new firmware update patched the homebrew exploit.

If you still own a PSP, or have a PSP Emulator (PC), it looks like the only option is to use either one of those 2 supported once we roll out our patch in the future.

- My recorder that I use to showcase the game translations has been giving off more distorted video scenes. I'm not sure if its within the firmware or my cables going weird..

Anyways, putting the bad news aside, the good thing is...

We are close to achieving 25% of translations finished! (There's lots of scripts to translate XD)

• 2 weeks later...

I really really, hate to announce this, and wish this never happened, but as of February 8, 2016, this project is now in serious trouble. We are now limited to ONLY 1 translator, which is just me. I would love to keep it running but I am busy as heck to the point that I am busy with schoolwork, and upcoming tests, such as Japanese, English (Literature), Science, Engineering, Math etc. Time is limited on my end, but I still try to get some time in to translate, including having gameplay being published online.

Time goes by very fast to the point that I lose track if we have actually made progress or not, or see if someone by a miracle wants to help translate the project (which is a VERY low chance)..  I have also butted in some time to even try making this post. Please, if you know someone who is fluent in Japanese, or is learning the language like me, please ask if he/she can help us out!

-FuryTomic

PS: The next available time I will be translating will be 1-2 weeks from now, which is when I will have Mid-Winter Break, and Valentines Day, the checkpoint for the translations.

On 2/7/2016 at 8:15 PM, CrowPunk said:

keep up the good work! I'll be waiting to play this patched version anxiously :D

Thank You..! I will try to push more time into translating more today! :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Aight! I want to give some confirmations since I have some time to spare! (and a constant dropping internet connection..)

Translations will soon reach a good hefty 25% by Thursday! (Friday for those who live 12 hours ahead of PST time) 

In-Game Achievements/Event Routes *Spoilers*

Spoiler

I have attempted to do the Shiina Love Route, but only received back a bad confession on Valentines Day (Rip ShiinaxSorata Shippers) I have also attempted to grab some "interesting" CG events that take place, but sadly only achieved Miyahara's CG Event (WTF?! My eyes are scarred temporarily. LOL)  

I unlocked Aoyama, Maid-Chan, Rita, Yuuko, and a special character's "VA testamony" of how they enjoyed voice acting for the game. I will need to find an audio translator who can listen and translate for us. If you are interested in translating the audio into English, please contact me!

Finally, we got some new members ranging from Translators to Translation Checkers! :D We still hope our Scheduled date for December 21 is still in line for now! ^^

-FuryTomic

2 hours ago, BleedingSt4r said:

Ganbare, senpai! :sachi:

Looking forward to witnessing your progress. Take your time, though.

Why thank you! ^^

I just finished a script event that involves Shiina and Sorata in a Public Bath. I'm pretty sure some fans might like it :P I'm probably going to try and upload the translated video tomorrow, but I might kill some expected time for translations.

Um, I really hate to say this, but just from a cursory glance at one of those videos I can instantly tell that whoever is translating knows neither English nor Japanese. It's pretty bizarre frankly, there are more mistled lines than there are those that actually resemble what's being said, and none are worded in proper English.

3 hours ago, Conjueror said:

Um, I really hate to say this, but just from a cursory glance at one of those videos I can instantly tell that whoever is translating knows neither English nor Japanese. It's pretty bizarre frankly, there are more mistled lines than there are those that actually resemble what's being said, and none are worded in proper English.

I received a message similar to yours too, but more of in a rude way. Deep down, I don't think it's really a project our group might continue to work on I guess.

But then again. If you are viewing that video, which was uploaded between March and October, then those were pretty poor translations. Most of us were well aware of that. If it's very recent, like a few weeks ago. Chances are...

This project is at it's final point, and possibly abandoned like many other translation projects I've came across earlier. We will just simply remove any traces of work on this project. (If that's what people want.)

I also forgot to mention something. This is not the final product. We are always retranslating script files as time passes by. 

Thank you for telling us Conjueror.

29 minutes ago, Elki said:

Lying does nobody any good.

http://imgur.com/a/ITLPc

This is all from the video last night. Nearly every line has translation or English errors. Frequently both. Calling this a translation is an insult to both languages.

I see.. Since you seem like a professional at this, why don't you give it a shot? You seem to know Japanese if me and my translator are making translation errors.

It doesn't hurt a bit to reveal.

35 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

Hmm, I see

There seems to be a few upper-case errors, and a few grammatical errors

Some of the text does seem clunky, but all things considered, it isn't the worst I've ever seen.

It is below average, but by no means an 'insult' to both languages.

Guess it's time to consider what we are planning to do yesterday.

2 hours ago, Scorp said:

I am nowhere near native speaker, but it is pain to read even for me. Find a good editor, really...

Alright.

43 minutes ago, Chuee said:

It's not even something an editor could fix. Half of those lines make no sense to me in English, so there's no way you'd be able to correct them. 

I see... Seems like we can chuck this project down the drain if that's all what we are doing wrong.

I will hereby state that this project will be temporarily postponed for some time. I guess you can consider that we are going rogue, but we will be adjusting staff members right now. In the meantime, every single staff member and I will remove all of the scripts, and cross check with some fluent translators. It will take a while, but it's our only best bet for now. We apologize in advance if this will dissapoint anyone about our decision.

Regards,

-FuryTomic, and the Eternal Nyaboron Team

4 minutes ago, FuryTomic said:

I will hereby state that this project will be temporarily postponed for some time. I guess you can consider that we are going rogue, but we will be adjusting staff members right now. In the meantime, every single staff member and I will remove all of the scripts, and cross check with some fluent translators. It will take a while, but it's our only best bet for now. We apologize if this will dissapoint anyone about our decision.

Regards,

-FuryTomic, and the Eternal Nyaboron Team

Hopefully this'll make the end product much better