Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo Translation Project (Alpha Patch LIVE)

FuryTomic

23 minutes ago, FuryTomic said:

Alright.

I see... Seems like we can chuck this project down the drain if that's all what we are doing wrong.

thing that keeps me wondering is, how someone who seems to speak english just fine wont notice this when working on said stuff, i mean its pretty much obvious to anyone that something went horribly wrong in terms of grammar/wording. dunno about other stuff which has been translated, since you having mentioned the team consisting of more than one active translator, but yeah, what i´ve seen so far posted on imgur made me cringe super hard inside, nothing an editor could be able to fix alone by himself.

2 minutes ago, XReaper said:

thing that keeps me wondering is, how someone who seems to speak english just fine wont notice this when working on said stuff, i mean its pretty much obvious to anyone that something went horribly wrong in terms of grammar/wording. dunno about other stuff which has been translated, since you having mentioned the team consisting of more than one active translator, but yeah, what i´ve seen so far posted on imgur made me cringe super hard inside, nothing an editor could be able to fix alone by himself.

We've had some former translators that were fluent, and they impressed all of our staff members.

I have no idea what happened, but they went rogue a few weeks later after joining. :/ I'm pretty sure you saw our announcement of postponing the project, so that all of us can back to edit, and retranslate all of the script files we have done so far, with the help of people that volunteered to spend some time to get everything back in order.

My god, that imgur album was complete nonsensical gibberish. No offense to Arcadeotic, but I don't understand how someone can look at that and only see a few minor grammatical errors. 

If his Japanese is on the same level as his English, then you don't need just an editing pass, you would need a total retranslation from scratch. To be honest, I heavily suspect that this is just copy and pasted machine translation with maybe some light edits.

16 minutes ago, Decay said:

My god, that imgur album was complete nonsensical gibberish. No offense to Arcadeotic, but I don't understand how someone can look at that and only see a few minor grammatical errors. 

If his Japanese is on the same level as his English, then you don't need just an editing pass, you would need a total retranslation from scratch. To be honest, I heavily suspect that this is just copy and pasted machine translation with maybe some light edits.

Indeed. That's what we are doing right now at the moment. A complete retranslation of ALL the scripts that were translated, with fluent Japanese speakers that offered to spend some time helping us.

Though I am surprised all of this feedback just started coming through to us yesterday. But hey, it's better for us to be well aware of this than having a complete gibberish patch that means nothing.

Thank you to all who pointed out the errors. I'm probably going to ask a mod to place this thread in the archive section for a while.

• 2 months later...

It's been about 5 months since we were last doing translations.. Now we are back and ready to continue working!

This time however, with some new changes and plans in effect.

We have learned lesson with some foolish, unacceptable mistakes that were made. Now, we are going to work at our own pace to complete translations, and not aim for weekly deadlines. In addition, we will have a few additional staff members to both help monitor our work, and proof read translated scripts. More detailed information posted below:

-[UPDATE 5-14-16]-

TRANSLATIONS: We are resuming translations again on May 16, 2016 (May 17 in other parts of the word). This time however, we will take our time to complete our translations so it won't end up like what happened earlier on, "sloppy translations." As a result, Translated video gameplay will be delayed. Hey, what's better? Quality over Quantity, (Quality Grade Translations > Amount of scripts completed)  or Quantity over Quality?  (Amount of scripts completed > Quality Grade Translations)

Quality over Quantity Quantity over Quality

WEBSITE: The Website has also changed. A few pages were removed. Our Staff and members page has been updated. We also gained a few staff members that will help us out. However, a few of our staff members have resigned from the group, as majority of the resigned members are busy with personal things irl. We are also grateful to have a user who will contribute us some guides of branched routes (such as Shiina, Akasaka, Misaki, Jin, etc). 

PATCH: We have successfully made a "test" patch (this patch only includes the translated images). We might release it to the public for open thoughts. It's sort of like similar to a trial version to a game, but the images are in English. 

Spoiler

We have a few typos and weird placements occurring within the game running the patch. It is currently being fixed.

So yea, we are back from the dead (not really) and working again with a completely new mindset, fixing our mistakes, and making new changes and plans. 

If you notice, or feel like we are reverting back to our old self at some point, please let me know too.

-FuryTomic

May 16 - 22 Weekly Update:

We have resumed Translations today, with our next goal milestone to be 50%! We do not have an estimated date on when the milestone will be achieved, but for all what we know, it will take a while.

We have encountered some typos and errors in some of our images. At the moment, those images are being fixed and edited. A "test" (or alpha) patch will be on hold for some time.

Thanks to a user (I'm not sure if she has an account here) Violet Valancia, she messaged me a guide on achieving Shiina's confession route. If you are interested to get Shiina's confession route, visit our website below, and click on, "Shiina's Confession Route."

http://eternalnyaboronofficial.weebly.com/guides.html

That's all for today. 

-FuryTomic

18 minutes ago, Kirashi said:

It's a bit early because you have your hands full with sakurasou, but I hope one day you'll start working on haganai (I'll gladly join)

Ah yes Haganai.. The unfinished project Makato and his team used to work on..

I'll DM you at some point or merge in with the old thread that's floating off somewhere.

I guess I'll mention this (I think I already did but I will anyways), since some others might stumble across this post again in the future and ask about Haganai.

Based on the project Folder I received/shared from Makato, there's a total of 300+ script files all in '.txt' format. Each script files contain a hefty length of 150-200+ lines. The length of the project will definitely exceed 1 year, and 6 months minimum, with 1-3 active translators. It depends on our staff in the future too. Some may not wish to continue working with us, and resign. Others might join in, but then leave after a while. 

Hope that helps clarify some points :)

May 23 - May 29 Weekly Update

Misaki's Good Route has been Published. (Please note this is not a confession route)

http://eternalnyaboronofficial.weebly.com/guides.html

PATCH:

The Image Patch is still being Fixed. Some translations need to be adjusted to fit and scaled.

TRANSLATIONS:

The following Video(s) will most likely be posted sometime this weekend (or earlier.. Depending if I can get some priorities set with finals coming up next week)

Otoha Event Scene*

Jin Event Scene*

*Side Events that occur. Video Duration may vary for translations.

This Weekly Update Post will be updated further into the week.

Well, there's some usage of upper-casing where there should be none of that (note: Sorata's first line, for example).

Also, 'Nakano San, should be 'Nakano-san' and so on.

Listening to the Japanese voices, there's some under- and over-explaining.

There are some grammatical errors, such as -ed behind the words although it's wrong, and some overall slight mistakes like 'salvagable' > 'salvageable'.

There's some wrong usage of punctuation. I had the same problem a while ago and it's rather hard to get used to it. For example, there usually isn't a comma after and before 'and' except for some uncommon occasions. There's also a rule that helps non-natives: 'if you're uncertain if you should or shouldn't use a comma, don't'. It helps not making unnecessary mistakes.

And for the last thing, usually in VNs only the characters' first name appears above the dialogue box, not the full name. I'd suggest changing this, unless it's there for some exact reason.

Edited by Arcadeotic

12 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

Well, there's some usage of upper-casing where there should be none of that (note: Sorata's first line, for example).

Also, 'Nakano San, should be 'Nakano-san' and so on.

Listening to the Japanese voices, there's some under- and over-explaining.

There are some grammatical errors, such as -ed behind the words although it's wrong, and some overall slight mistakes like 'salvagable' > 'salvageable'.

There's some wrong usage of punctuation. I had the same problem a while ago and it's rather hard to get used to it. For example, there usually isn't a comma after 'and' except for some uncommon occasions. There's also a rule that helps non-natives: 'if you're uncertain if you should or shouldn't use a comma, don't'. It helps making unnecessary mistakes.

And for the last thing, usually in VNs only the characters' first name appears above the dialogue box, not the full name. I'd suggest changing this, unless it's there for some exact reason.

Ah.. The thumb rule.. Yea, I'm gonna fix that now.

As for the last thing you mentioned, the game originally displays the full name of each character. 

http://imgur.com/15QSa7Y

"神田空太' -> Sorata Kanda (Swapped it to be first name then last name.)

• 2 weeks later...

Yo guys, just wanted to say I am really rooting for you, created account here just so I can give oyu a shout out :D 

Honestly if you make a Patreon or something I will donate you 10 dollars or something like that if you finish soon, PLEASE! :D

I wish I knew Japanese so I could help :(

Is there already like a beta version that you can actually download? I would like to at least go through Shiina route :)

Also, I know it's likely a sham, but any chance this is legit?  http://englishpatchtranslations.blogspot.cz/2015/12/sakura-sou-no-pet-na-kanojo-english-patch-download.html

Right? :)

I downloaded it by windows blocked it, altho it would have been awesome if it was real :(

Got a question, if I create a japanese PSN account and buy the game for my PS Vita in japanese, will I be able to install the english patch on my vita after it is ready? Or is it only going to work on psp?

And any information about the beta? I noticed there are guides on your website, but nothing to download :( Is it possible to play what is already translated somehow? 

Rooting for ya :)

On 6/8/2016 at 7:02 PM, mademan2 said:

Right? :)

I downloaded it by windows blocked it, altho it would have been awesome if it was real :(

Got a question, if I create a japanese PSN account and buy the game for my PS Vita in japanese, will I be able to install the english patch on my vita after it is ready? Or is it only going to work on psp?

And any information about the beta? I noticed there are guides on your website, but nothing to download :( Is it possible to play what is already translated somehow? 

Rooting for ya :)

I've seen that website and the 'patch' before.. To be quite honest, if it really was a patch, I'm sure someone would've announced it long ago. Definitely Malware/Spyware for all what I can say.

As for the downloads and stuff, we don't have one finished yet, since some of our images got bundled up into a mess. (A few are like displaying out of the PSP screen) and some re translations of the images are getting done. Any news or Information of the beta will be posted ASAP. At the moment, we don't have any news of what will happen in the meantime, since most of the members are busy with errands family relations for some time. (Including binaryfail, who helps us convert the images/text into the game format)

Patreon.. I haven't considered this since I have no idea on how to work with it haha...

I'm not sure if you checked out the the page, 'Creating a Japanese PSN account and supporting the creators legally' since I have a note saying,

"For now, please purchase the PSP version of Sakurasou no pet. Do not buy the vita version until we can get into the game files.
UPDATE: The PS Vita seems to be unhackable. If you have a spare PSP, or PSP emulator on your computer, please use that instead of waiting for the Vita patch. Sorry about that. In addition, Vita Exploits don't seem to work anymore, and the Vita Build files are getting more complicated to get into.
"

Unless if the PS Vita has a new homebrew (or an Emulator) that both works and allows us to get some form of the game available for the Vita. This is also quoted from Wololo.

A system can only be emulated once it is fully understood. As of now, the PS Vita has not been fully hacked, and therefore hasn’t been fully reverse engineered. Building an emulator for the PS Vita is a hard task and requires lots of work. This is technically doable only once it has fully been reverse engineered, but has not happened yet.

For now, anyone that claims they have a PS Vita emulator is probably tricking you…

Hope this helps. Cheers fella :)

-FuryTomic

6/9/16 - Update for Alpha Game Patch:

We have added a poll at the top of the page with the following question: "Would you guys like to see an 'Image' Patch? (Please note that this patch ONLY changes all of the images into English.) "

A small breakdown: This (if people want it) patch will translate all of the in-game images into English. Now, I am not sure how much of the images will be translated into the game (since one of our translators/hackers found out that some images rely on some of the scripts in the game) but most (like about 90%) should be translated into English.

The Patch Release will be currently listed as 'TBA' until we are confident with a date that it will be released on. 

The patch will be classified as 'Alpha' since it will be the first official test patch available to try (or be 'tested) by the public*.

This concludes our first information release for patches. ^_^

-FuryTomic

*It is possible we might only distribute the patch if you signup, since we would like to hear input/feedback from people who we can at least identify.:sacchan:

Thanks for the answers :)

Alrighty, I will get the psp version then and use emulator. I wanted to get the Vita version, as I assume it will have slightly better quality of pictures and animations and stuff, but it doesnt matter all that much.

Check out the patreon, is all I am saying, I will definitely donate something if you set it up :)

As to the patch, I would like to see it, sure, but only if it doesn't slow down the work on the whole thing :)

6-17-16 Update

Although not much happened lately (as most of the staff/group memebers are adjusting back to working again) We will announce a few notes now, and most of these can be found on our Website.

Alpha Patch Signup Form

I know. Sounds ridiculous right? For the purpose of feedback and asking questions to testers, we have a signup sheet for those who wish to get their hands on the patch the first thing it gets released for quick testing. The Patch itself will be available to the public a few days afterwards if there is nothing wrong with the patch. (such as emergency fixes) There is no official confirmation of the release date yet.

Detailed Script Completion

On our website, we have added a 'detailed' list of what scripts are finished, not finished, translated, and TLC'ed. If you are curious about it, feel free to check it out on the website.

Additional Staff Members

We now have 2 New Translators, and 1 new Translator Checker! Welcome Aboard! :D

Uncovered New File Types

Accidentally discovered new files/filetypes while I was interested in .lbd files. Some files have important text to translate in-game. If anyone knows, or has the ability to open the following file types: cmed, lbd, tipd, tskt, tskd, gim, SUP, and ssb, please reply back to me :) (I will also ask the extraction thread too in the meantime)

Cheers,

-FuryTomic

• 3 weeks later...

7-5-16 Small Update

Update on the Alpha Patch:

Final Image revisions are underway. We are just waiting on our Image Editor to finish up the touches. After that, we are ready to get the patch up! We may plan on including some finalized translated scripts into the Alpha Patch.

However, we may not. It depends upon our situation with the hacker who converts our files. if he has time, then we may see some script files translated into English. :)

Here is a 'Rendered' Version of what the English Translated Image should look like.

http://imgur.com/lj7p4w0

Others:

A Jin Mitaka Event Scene will be uploaded soon. Upload Date is targeted for July 7, at least by 11:45 PM PST (July 8 in other parts of the world) Video Link will be posted when it's up online.

Additional Staff Members:

We have a few extra TLCs that decided to help us out. Welcome aboard! :D

Cheers,

-FuryTomic

Event Route for Jin Mitaka is now up online.

As stated, this is not the final translation, nor 100% perfect.

Interestingly, the Sakurasou Wikia does not have a background or information on Rumi Torisawa. I'll give some detail here:

Name: Rumi Torisawa (EN) Torisawa Rumi (Romanji) 鳥沢留美 (JP)

Height: Somewhere around 5'5? (168cm?)

Affiliation: Jin Mitaka (Dating)

Visual Novel Appearance: Jin and Rumi Argument Event Scene

Anime Appearance: (None?) Mentioned a few times by Jin. (Notably from Episode 5, "But I've just went three rounds with Rumi-San." -Jin Mitaka, talking to Aoyama Nanami.)

Short Summary:

Rumi Torisawa is one of the 6 girls Jin Mitaka dated. She is a character that made little-no appearances in the Anime. However, she appears once having an argument with Jin in the Visual Novel. She owns a small sedan, which arguably looks like a 2013 Note Nissan. In the Anime, she was mentioned briefly by Jin Mitaka, who he claims went three rounds with Rumi. Her Occupation is unknown at the time, but few speculated that she is either a college student, or a college graduate. 

-------------------------------

That's all for today.

Cheers!

-FuryTomic