Help me fix my indecisiveness? :d

Rabbit

So, I want a new VN to read and i'm unable to decide which one to read because of my indecisviness, I want nakige/utsuge, prefered with focus on romance, examples are katawa shoujo and clannad out of what ive read but I dont mind going into new places.

Please recommend the one you think I should read the most, preffered one out of the VNs ive narrowed it down to, I won't mind one that isn't on this list aslong as I haven't read it and it's fully translated, narrowing it down for me wouldn't be bad either by calling out VNs you really wouldn't recommend. The VNs ive narrowed it down to are the following:

Katahane

Narcissu

One

Period

Planeterian

Quartett

Wind -A Breath of Heart-

Swan Song

Suika

Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakero no Aji

Crescendo

Eden

DC -Da Capo- 

ef

Hoshizora no Memori

School Days

Yume Miru Kusuri

Hinatabokko

So, I want a new VN to read and i'm unable to decide which one to read because of my indecisviness, I want nakige/otome, prefered with focus on romance, examples are katawa shoujo and clannad out of what ive read but I dont mind going into new places.

Please recommend the one you think I should read the most, preffered one out of the VNs ive narrowed it down to, I won't mind one that isn't on this list aslong as I haven't read it and it's fully translated, narrowing it down for me wouldn't be bad either by calling out VNs you really wouldn't recommend. The VNs ive narrowed it down to are the following:

Katahane

Narcissu -

One -

Period

Planeterian -

Quartett

Wind -A Breath of Heart-

Swan Song

Suika

Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakero no Aji

Crescendo

Eden

DC -Da Capo- 

ef -

Hoshizora no Memori

School Days

Yume Miru Kusuri

Hinatabokko

or Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a Shooting Star-.

i have to admit the most of the characters a kind of hyper active 

that really gave me a headache 

i would recommend Swan Song i think the Story is pretty good

but if you're looking for a good romance then you should probably consider playing/reading whatever something different 

Yume Miru Kusuri ......

I maybe forever remember the story plot .....

The CG maybe not the best .... It maybe one of common vn but......

Yume Miru Kusuri ....... one of vn give me the feeling......  "reality" story

(ps: It really make me sad know that this vn not very popular)

they arent?

thats kind of unexpected shiaraki's route was pretty good

Katahane was boring

Narcissu was ok

One I'd only play this if you're a huge KEY fan and you're into old classics

Period never played

Planeterian was ok

Quartett meh

Wind -A Breath of Heart- srsly dont even bother

Swan Song this is one of those games that try too hard to be edgy

Suika bad

Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakero no Aji this was kind of good

Crescendo not my cup of tea

Eden short and uneventful. narcissus was better, but the heroine in eden was cute

DC -Da Capo-  DC2 was better, but DC1 isn't bad

ef it was ok

Hoshizora no Memoria this was pretty good save for a few routes

School Days fapfapfap

Yume Miru Kusuri never played but heard it was good

Hinatabokko THIS GAME IS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

You have quite the list of second-stringers here. I can't call any of these truly great or anything. My favorites among them are probably ef, Swang Song, and Yume Miru Kusuri. ef was a pretty decent romance title with some generic romance stories and high production values (dat CG count). Swan Song's first half was good but it kind of fell apart after that, it's still an interesting read. YMK is at least unique in how it approaches its subject matter, utilizing some pretty dark themes. 

Honorable mentions go to Hoshimemo, it was a decent moege although I feel it gets overrated here. And while Da Capo 1 is kind of a drag, its sequel is actually worth playing. I'd almost suggest you just skip DC1 and play DC2.

Well ONE is literally the only actual nakige on the list iirc (maybe eden* qualifies?)

Other than those the quality picks out of these would be narcissu (utsuge, depression rather than catharsis), Planetarian (not sure if utsuge or nakige), Swan Song (post-apocalyptic, dark), and Hoshizora no Memoria I'd say.

I'd recommend... Planetarian>eden*>narcissu>Hoshizora no Memoria, all the first three are short

Narcissu, Yume Miru Kusuri and Swan Song. And to the people crossing out Swan Song, go screw yourselves. According to vndb most people who voted for Swan Song rated it an 8 (very good), and the second highest amount of votes gave it a 9 (excellent). Personally Swan Song is the only VN (other than the original Narcissu) that I would give a 10. I first read Swan Song 3 - 4 years ago, and it still holds up as my favorite VN.    

Narcissu, Yume Miru Kusuri and Swan Song. And to the people crossing out Swan Song, go screw yourselves. According to vndb most people who voted for Swan Song rated it an 8 (very good), and the second highest amount of votes gave it a 9 (excellent). Personally Swan Song is the only VN (other than the original Narcissu) that I would give a 10. I first read Swan Song 3 - 4 years ago, and it still holds up as my favorite VN.    

I think numbers are just that, the point is, swan song is a very very underrated vn, probably because it is really crude (but not just for the sake to be edgy or anything like that) and this is a turn off for a lot of readers, it is one of the most realistic vns I've ever read, the characters behave like normal real people!! and this again is something not everyone enjoys in a vn.

I think numbers are just that, the point is, swan song is a very very underrated vn, probably because it is really crude (but not just for the sake to be edgy or anything like that) and this is a turn off for a lot of readers, it is one of the most realistic vns I've ever read, the characters behave like normal real people!! and this again is something not everyone enjoys in a vn.

I agree with you. Swan Song very accurately portrays human nature, and offers a fairly bleak view of humanity. For anybody looking for a VN that will intellectually engage them I recommend it without a doubt, but it's not a light read. Swan Song is dark and grounded in realism, but I guess people not interested in that stuff won't particularly enjoy it. 

Thank you all :) I'm gonna read planeterian than come back and choose a longer one with the help of your recommendations. :)

Well ONE is literally the only actual nakige on the list iirc (maybe eden* qualifies?)

I just took VNDB up on it's word and most of those has the nakige or utsuge tag on them.

Also none of them are otome, I have a feeling he's confusing that with bishoujo.

Wops, I just noticed I wrote otome last night instead of utsuge, my bad.

Did you know that Swan Song was inspired by this book? Also, yes, it's probably the best vn on that list, though I'm not sure if I'd ever call it anything close to nakige romance the op seems to be looking for.

I'd personally recommend ef, Narcissu or Hoshizora for that; Crescendo is one of the greats too, but the best thing about it is its masterful use of Japanese prose, the lousy translation of which, no doubt, ruined it.