Game of Thrones

Stray Cat

Oh, boy I'm so glad I waited til the entire season was done. Oh, what's that, a cliffhanger? Nevermind, my next tab will take care of that. Marathoning an entire season of Game of Thrones is suuuuuch a good feeling. I'm laughing at all of you impatient fools!

I still don't know how I managed to avoid spoilers. But it wasn't any different really, since I saw everything coming a mile ahead of time. I think the twists and turns in this season were pretty obvious. 

Jon SNOW NOW KNOWS SOMETHING.... VALARIAN STEEL KILLS WHITE WALKERS

Thanks to the videogame, I'm one of the five people who knew this since season 3.

Game_of_thrones_telltale_games_title_scr

Uh no, not that one. I mean the shitty one: 

Game_of_Thrones_RPG.jpg

• 10 months later...

I'm disappointed.

Spoiler
  • The episode was shorter than usual. They are nearly one hour on the first episode. At least 55 minutes. This was 47 minutes. The budget is the largest one I recall.
  • The ending... Jon Snow actually knew something. xD
  • Overall it was what I expected. I got some questions answered but not all of them. But I expect the usual buildup to the breaking point.

53 minutes ago, SilverLi said:

I'm disappointed.

Hide contents
  • The episode was shorter than usual. They are nearly one hour on the first episode. At least 55 minutes. This was 47 minutes. The budget is the largest one I recall.
  • The ending... Jon Snow actually knew something. xD
  • Overall it was what I expected. I got some questions answered but not all of them. But I expect the usual buildup to the breaking point.

I'm really disappointed in the length of the episode too, 46 min and 30 seconds to be precise :P is way too short specially for this first episode of the new season, the first and last are always 1 hour and 1 hour and a few minutes long...

Spoiler

that ending was really good and creepy xD

That was horrible. :wahaha:  So boring (most times), so badly laughable (Daenerys[laughed out loud at her 'I'm Daenerys Storm born etc etc etc etc'], Dario and Jorah, Tyrion, superfast dry of Sansa and Theon, Brienne Ex Machina and vanishing dogs) and stupid (Dorne teleporatation? xD, Dorne as a whole, Jaimie and Cersei scene) that I gave it 3/10. Because nice sound editing in Arya scene and, as always, good music and good The Wall scenes.

Great start, can't wait for more.

I'll just add that I love the books, and really lke the tv series, but well, it's not as good as it should be. 

lol that was fucking shit. Seasons 1-3 were great. 4 was meh, 5 was shit. This first episode was just... horrific. Literally nothing happened.

And I cant wait for another fucking season of people wandering in a god damn desert. 

This show went down the drain the moment they took the political drama out in favor of MOAR SHOCKING MOMENTS for people to jizz all over on social media. Now its shocking moments with no context, or straight up murder for the shocking moment. Basically, there is no substance anymore. 

12 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

I'm really disappointed in the length of the episode too, 46 min and 30 seconds to be precise :P is way too short specially for this first episode of the new season, the first and last are always 1 hour and 1 hour and a few minutes long...

This is just a supposition, but maybe they balance the lack of chapter length with more episodes? (last season had so few I almost cried)

9 hours ago, Aizen-Sama said:

This is just a supposition, but maybe they balance the lack of chapter length with more episodes? (last season had so few I almost cried)

the next season is going to be shorter with fewer episodes, that what the producers said a few weeks ago (yep they are planning to have less episodes!), they never said anything about having shorter episodes this season... >_> 

The episode was worth it for the Dothraki doing the Spanish Inquisition sketch!

Honestly, I didn't dislike it. With one notable exception: Dorne. Dorne has been a disaster from start to finish.

Spoiler

At least now that Doran is dead, I don't have to suffer through Alexander Siddig and the showrunners getting one of my favorite book characters so atrociously, horribly wrong.

well at first there were little differences between the books and the tv show but now is all over the place, it doesnt look like game of thrones anymore :( and the producers dont want to end the show either(they said it..) so they keep adding bs...

Spoiler

I mean stannis burning his daughter to win the battle doesnt fit his character at all, he never wanted to win just for the sake of winning, he cared a lot about Shireen so why would he sacrifice what matter the most to him to win a battle? it's pointless and moronic. That choice turns him into another person and not Stannis, bleh. I think George did this because he knows the tv show is heading into a garbage direction so he is just trolling everyone now.

I just hope it doesnt turn into another "dexter" <_<

On 2016-05-02 at 7:05 AM, Deep Blue said:

this episode was better than the last one for sure and a bit longer too lol

Absolutely agree with you. They just wanted to show all characters without any progress last week is my opinion. But the second episode was good. 

Spoiler

My respect of Tyrion is off the chart. I love him. That logic about dragons.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the fourth chapter, and it left me pretty happy, everything's getting spicier by the minute!

Glad Petyr finally appeared, he's a character that honestly I'd like to see a lot more.

As for Khaleesi, well, I do think it was very easy for her to do what she did in the last scene but oh well.

• 4 weeks later...

I just watched the last episode (yep today xD) I'm not very happy with the things they are doing with the plot and characters, most of the things dont make sense anymore 

Spoiler

I love the idea of having clagen back but come on he is dead DEAD, he fell from a mountain, he broke his back and everything else in his body, he was in the middle of nowhere, how did the "priest" found him? it just doesnt make any sense it's stupid, also they killed everyone in the lapse of seconds, they even had time to hang the guy before clegane got there, how far was from the place? he did listen to the woman screaming so 1km top? how can you kill 20-40 people and hang a man in 5-10 mins?

Who wrote that shit? and arya getting stabbed 2000 times but she was still alive even after almost drowning!!!!!! and why would she betray the many face guy in the first place? why would she care and give up months and months of training ans suffering for some random actress woman that she barely knew???? It's retarded :/

2 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

I just watched the last episode (yep today xD) I'm not very happy with the things they are doing with the plot and characters, most of the things dont make sense anymore 

Hide contents

I love the idea of having clagen back but come on he is dead DEAD, he fell from a mountain, he broke his back and everything else in his body, he was in the middle of nowhere, how did the "priest" found him? it just doesnt make any sense it's stupid, also they killed everyone in the lapse of seconds, they even had time to hang the guy before clegane got there, how far was from the place? he did listen to the woman screaming so 1km top? how can you kill 20-40 people and hang a man in 5-10 mins?

Who wrote that shit? and arya getting stabbed 2000 times but she was still alive even after almost drowning!!!!!! and why would she betray the many face guy in the first place? why would she care and give up months and months of training ans suffering for some random actress woman that she barely knew???? It's retarded :/

I agree after months of beatings and punishments she gives it all up for some random lady she just met... Stupid 

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/06/2016 at 3:55 AM, LoganW said:

Reveal hidden contents

I agree after months of beatings and punishments she gives it all up for some random lady she just met... Stupid 

I'm not going to comment on the rest of the season, but that part does make sense to me.

Spoiler

It's not about saving this one lady itself. It's just that she realized all of the implications that come with continuing there, and losing her "self". She went there in the first place because she wanted to deal her revenge, as Arya Stark. That's why she went there. That's why she hid her sword. If she truly becomes "no one", then what she actually wants to do and her past is meaningless, and she'd be essentially brainwashed into a funky assasin cult thingy. 

She decided that time was good enough for her to go back to being Arya Stark, and for her to do what she wanted to do in the first place. The lady was just a tool that let her realize how she felt. Or so I think.

On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 1:15 AM, Deep Blue said:

well at first there were little differences between the books and the tv show but now is all over the place, it doesnt look like game of thrones anymore :( and the producers dont want to end the show either(they said it..) so they keep adding bs...

Reveal hidden contents

I mean stannis burning his daughter to win the battle doesnt fit his character at all, he never wanted to win just for the sake of winning, he cared a lot about Shireen so why would he sacrifice what matter the most to him to win a battle? it's pointless and moronic. That choice turns him into another person and not Stannis, bleh. I think George did this because he knows the tv show is heading into a garbage direction so he is just trolling everyone now.

I just hope it doesnt turn into another "dexter" <_<

Of course it doesn't - for all intents and purposes you're ahead of the actual source material. Martin hasn't published a damned book since 2011 with "A Dance With Dragons." So you're really getting a collaborative effort of shitty HBO writers and Martin sort of writing script. I hope none of this crap gets into the books, not that it matters since it doesn't seem like Martin cares about them anymore.

47 minutes ago, Valmore said:

Martin hasn't published a damned book since 2011 with "A Dance With Dragons." 

Began A Game of Thrones in 1991 - Published 1996
A Clash of Kings - 1999
A Storm of Swords - 2000
A Feast of Crows - 2005
A Dance with Dragons - 2011

Taking his time with these novels seems to be the norm. Also he quite likes writing for the TV, so he'd definitely take an interest in the script writing process there. It's Hollywood's fault for making an open ended fantasy series based on the books, with a season per book, knowing that it had taken Martin 20 years to write the first 5.

1 hour ago, Rooke said:

Began A Game of Thrones in 1991 - Published 1996
A Clash of Kings - 1999
A Storm of Swords - 2000
A Feast of Crows - 2005
A Dance with Dragons - 2011

Taking his time with these novels seems to be the norm. Also he quite likes writing for the TV, so he'd definitely take an interest in the script writing process there. It's Hollywood's fault for making an open ended fantasy series based on the books, with a season per book, knowing that it had taken Martin 20 years to write the first 5.

The worst part is Martin "split" A Feast For Crows into two with A Dance With Dragons because he said he had too much material for one book, so Feast only covered some characters and Dance only covered the others. The two together are technically a single book split into two volumes. At the time he said ADWD would be much quicker in the coming since he had a big portion of it written already. Six years later... Hell, he wrote his two best books within a year of each other.

And really, with how much material they had HBO never needed to do a book per season. Stupid stupid stupid.

Since all the episodes are finally out, I was finally able to watch the entire season in one go and can finally stop trying to avoid spoilers like a contractible disease. I once again pity the fools who were waiting 2 weeks in between every cliffhanger.

All in all, a great season. I'm quite surprised actually, because after finishing the last one, I genuinely didn't care about any of the plotlines at all and pretty much lost all interest in the show. However, this season somehow made me interested in every single character route; even the ones I previously didn't give a shit about (Sam, Bran, Arya, Denerys to a degree).

Quick ass-pulled spoilery thoughts:

Spoiler

- I wanted to see more Hound and more Mountain. A lot more.

- Two really minor character who I've had been clamoring to see again actually showed up again. (Jon's uncle and the guy with the eyepatch and the firesword). 

- Blowing up the cathedral in King's Landing was awesome. Can we do in real life with all the religious capitals please? *tips fedora*

- Jon Snow is awful at strategy. I could probably kick his ass in a party of Warhammer with 1000 Points handicap no problem.

- The 10 year old girl who was the leader of some house is best girl. Fite me.

- I expected Denerys to be stuck with the horse people for the entire season, based on how season 5 was paced and ended. Pleasantly subverted expectation. 

- We got more ice zombies and less boring scenes of people talking for 2 hours, just like in season 5. This pleases me greatly, because King's Landing was my least favorite part of the show until season 5.

• 2 months later...