Game of Thrones

Stray Cat

Best boi Barristan Selmy died TOO FUCKING soon. ;_;

Was bummed out that they mentioned Catelyn being dead

--- SUPER BOOK SPOILER AHEAD ---, since she was supposed to be resurrected by Beric Dondarrion (Flame Sword Dude), but remains dead in the show.

Hence all the changes to the whole Winterfell plot (neither Sansa nor Brienne are supposed to be there) as well. We'll see how that turns out.

What the actual fuck...

Mega spoilers are mega spoilers...

I knew that they deviated from the book plot quite often (Jeyne Westerling = Talisa Maegyr, having Jaime rape Cersei, and pretty much butchering the Qarth storyline entirely), but this is just something else.  They're just gonna have to ignore the last few books at this rate, because they're killing off or entirely ignoring characters that are most likely going to be major players.  I know for a fact that Barristan Selmy has a

major role in A Dance of Dragons, and Lady Stoneheart, aka resurrected Catelyn, does as well, and it's possible that Brienne and Jaime might get killed by her, since she's holding Podrick hostage until Brienne hands Jaime over to her.  How the hell is this going to work?

Chances are they'll never meet again, and when you think about it LSH doesn't even play that much of a role, and is pretty much a side plot that can be skipped to have everyone go where they were probably going to anyway.

I really don't like some of the changes, especially with Barristan Selmy, the guy was a a goddamn saint, and if my gut is right they're going to skip the entire Siege of Mereen and have Daenerys leave right away.

Everyone was expecting some consolidation of the fourth and fifth book, but this is just wrong. They're really pushing towards the endgame already, by skipping past the leveling up and cutting some major character development. Watch Arya become a super-assassin overnight, I'm calling it. Since there's no need to go back to LSH she can pretty much go on a killing spree right after.

• 2 weeks later...

good episode, that ending was epic but come on

was cercei that blind that she didnt see it coming ?

From how it looks like so far, she

probably enjoyed her position so much, especially after seeing Margaery (Cersei's smile was hella creepy after she visited her cell) to the point where she forgets to think about the possible risks. It's how I see it, at least, knowing how vulnerable one can be when one thinks they're almighty. I'm interested to see the rest of the franchise knowing she's pretty much screwed, finally.

well shes a dumb bitch for one... everything that she did was done out of spite and hate she never once thought about the consequences of her actions and I honestly hope she gets executed.

She's not supposed to be that smart, really.  In the books, Jaime thinks to himself that she's a horrible person, but that her only redeemable quality is that she's beautiful (notice he doesn't think she's smart 

:P ).  She can easily outmaneuver people like Ned, but when she's put up against anyone else without morals and that has a brain, she's screwed.  She's so easily manipulated that it's pathetic.  She's also almost entirely motivated by spite and rage, and neither one of those emotions are good when you're trying to plan something complicated, like having your royal daughter-in-law executed through some convoluted scheme.  Compare her to someone like Tyrion, Littlefinger or Varys, and she's a complete and utter moron, a child playing at being an adult.

I'm done with this show after the last episode with Sansa

nope de nope, fuck you and your terrible writers

I can't believe George let them do this

$$$.  Honestly, at this point I doubt he even cares anymore.  He might have cared in the beginning, but I doubt he can even do anything about it anymore.  I personally don't blame him.  TV and movie writers love to crap on source material, anyway.  If you want to enjoy Game of Thrones, pretend it's something else or forget the books exist.

HBO: "Ehhh, not controversial enough. This episode won't get people's attention. Let's just have a character that doesn't get raped in the book get raped in the show!  That worked with Cersei!"

More mega spoilers~

Sansa doesn't get raped by Ramsay in the books.  Ned's steward's daughter, Jeyne Poole, who was forced to pose as Sansa by the Boltons and Lannisters, does.  People are pissed because they had Sansa get raped for pretty much no reason.  The really irritating thing is, they actually had someone play Jeyne Poole in the first season, but because of Reasons

™ they decided to nix her character entirely and switch her with Sansa instead.  Kinda dumb, because in the books, Sansa is currently tooling around with Littlefinger in the Vale (Littlefinger took her there after he had Olenna poison Joffrey at his own wedding), and he's trying to set her up with Harry the Heir, aka the heir to the Vale when (not if) little Robert Arryn dies.  Their changes majorly fuck up the plot, which is understandably infuriating to people that like the show and read the books.  They really should stop calling it an adaption of A Song of Ice and Fire, it's not even close anymore.

I'm done with this show after the last episode with Sansa

nope de nope, fuck you and your terrible writers

I can't believe George let them do this

The show and the books are already two different entities. It's been said that they both have different paths due to certain butterfly effects and limited aspects that started to show when the book transitioned to the screen, but they both have the same destination apparently. I think it's better to have two different variations of A Song of Ice and Fire rather than one, but that's just my opinion.

That last episode actually was very good though~

I'm basically seeing the show as the equivalent of when an anime catches up with its unfinished manga, and to be honest it is doing better than alot of those cases. Also is there anyone else besides me who when something nasty happens to one of the characters in this series says "eh, worse things have happened to core characters in Berserk"?

I'm basically seeing the show as the equivalent of when an anime catches up with its unfinished manga, and to be honest it is doing better than alot of those cases. Also is there anyone else besides me who when something nasty happens to one of the characters in this series says "eh, worse things have happened to core characters in Berserk"?

You know, it could maybe be from franchises like Berserk that desensitized me enough to not be bothered much with what happens on Game of Thrones :D But then again that show had its own craziness in the early seasons where nothing is too much shock anymore. Especially since the 

red wedding scene on screen. I kind of knew it was coming at some point but even that still made my jaw drop nonetheless, a really shocking TV moment. From the episode from two weeks ago, there were

a few fans that found the raping scene more disturbing the Red Wedding. I still think the RW was more shocking though.

I've never read the Game of Thrones books before, so nothing bothers me about the show. I'm still enjoying it so far.  I wish it'd focus more on Arya though since she's my favorite character.

I guess the same happened with Avatar: Last Air Bender. I never watched the anime before watching the movie, so I ended up liking it while everyone else hated it, lol.  (I watched the entire anime afterwards, but I still like the movie).

Although I hate Cersei, I don't really want her to die yet since she's one of few evil people left. xD Tywin & Joffrey already died.

Btw, this is old but wanted to share in case people haven't seen it before  ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Krz-dyD-UQ

I've never read the Game of Thrones books before, so nothing bothers me about the show. I'm still enjoying it so far.  I wish it'd focus more on Arya though since she's my favorite character.

I guess the same happened with Avatar: Last Air Bender. I never watched the anime before watching the movie, so I ended up liking it while everyone else hated it, lol.  (I watched the entire anime afterwards, but I still like the movie).

Although I hate Cersei, I don't really want her to die yet since she's one of few evil people left. xD Tywin & Joffrey already died.

Btw, this is old but wanted to share in case people haven't seen it before  ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Krz-dyD-UQ

Hahaa, I remember that video and it's still even better a second time.

The lip syncing seems so real.

And about Arya this season, it may be wrong information but I did read about it from a fan community, that 

this season will end with a "Bang" on her arc. I kind of wonder how though if ends up being true.

And concerning the last episode, I'm 

actually excited that Tyrion and Daenerys finally met. Knowing that these two major characters now share the same screentime, it'll probably open up more room for other characters to develop their stories~

The show and the books are already two different entities. It's been said that they both have different paths due to certain butterfly effects and limited aspects that started to show when the book transitioned to the screen, but they both have the same destination apparently. I think it's better to have two different variations of A Song of Ice and Fire rather than one, but that's just my opinion.

That last episode actually was very good though~

Then they'll end up spoiling the ending for us book fans because G. R. R. Martin sure as hell won't be finishing his books anytime soon.  Really don't think that they're gonna end up with the same ending; people would flame HBO so hard if they spoiled the ending to the books.

Then they'll end up spoiling the ending for us book fans because G. R. R. Martin sure as hell won't be finishing his books anytime soon.  Really don't think that they're gonna end up with the same ending; people would flame HBO so hard if they spoiled the ending to the books.

A few years ago, GRRM and the Showrunners had an in-depth talk about how the overall series will end if the show ever surpassed the books or if the books were never to be finished. I'm pretty confident that they know where it's headed, it's just a matter of how to form the paths towards the planned ending.

if we compare GoT the serie with the books is bad but when you compare it with other tv shows is really really good, for example the walking dead is plain idiotic, the whole plot! And the characters behave like horny teenagers all the freaking time (I like TWD but it sucks xD and the comic is so so)

So yeah they are way off from the books now but I still love it. (Even if they change things that dont make sense to the point of ruining the plot itself

like when tyrion killed his father without any real reason in the tv show or why he hates Jaime...(yes he was screwing his "ex" but still that was idiotic.)...in the books it makes sense but in the show is completely nonsense...

if we compare GoT the serie with the books is bad but when you compare it with other tv shows is really really good, for example the walking dead is plain idiotic, the whole plot! And the characters behave like horny teenagers all the freaking time (I like TWD but it sucks xD and the comic is so so)

So yeah they are way off from the books now but I still love it. (Even if they change things that dont make sense to the point of ruining the plot itself

like when tyrion killed his father without any real reason in the tv show or why he hates Jaime...(yes he was screwing his "ex" but still that was idiotic.)...in the books it makes sense but in the show is completely nonsense...

Actually him killing his dad make perfect sense in the show.... He killed him because not only did he treat him like shit but he was going to have him executed for a crime he knew tyrion was innocent for not to mention he used someone he was inlove with against him

Oi... so much rage.

One thing that really stands out is how they tack certain things that happen in the books onto some "big faces", who are more recognizable to people who only watch the show.

Best example for this is Lancel Lannister in the most recent episode, the guy condemning Cersei: Yes he's her cousin, yes they had sex, but in the books it wasn't quite as simple getting Cersei thrown into a jail cell of her own, because she was a major cunt and slept around quite a bit more than is being shown in the series (read up on House Kettleblack, who are responsible for disposing of Shae's body to keep her father's image clean, killing the previous High Septon, and much more), and spun a huge, if not massive web of lies and deceit to stay in power and dispose of her political enemies.

Jeyne Poole was one of the characters cut out because she wasn't by any means important to the story, so it's obvious they'd replace her with the real deal, which will lead to a much bigger emotional response with the viewers of the TV show.

Same thing might be true for LSH, who might ultimately not serve any real purpose to the plot but to be the one point where several story arcs (including Jaime, Brienne and Arya) meet up, only to separate again right after. Pushing towards further goalsand places sooner by skipping over her might've been easier and more concise for the writers and directors, and easier for the viewers to understand.