Test

Tay

This is the test poll title  

57 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-10 (1 = horrible, 10 = your favorite company) how much do you love Key games?

2. 2. Do you like Key games more than Type-Moon games?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Given how Kanon came after Air, yet you gave Kanon a better rating, we can therefore conclude that they did not, in fact, release progressively worse games, rendering your argument contradictory. With this being the case, it is now clear your argument is invalid.  Blast! I shall find the one who gave me the wrong idea and make sure they get a good scolding!

/kill post

I was about to respond, but it looks like you found out the truth before I had to inform you. ;p

Why is this in the Coliseum of Chatter when it's VN related?

Also, the only case where Kanon comes after Air is in anime form, and only then if you ignore the butchered 13 episode and only pay attention to the remasted 24 episode version.

It seems like my shrewd plan to redirect everyone's attention to the blatant mistake at the beginning of my post in order to avoid getting into direct confrontations about my tastes on common routes worked flawlessly!

Except for the part where the aforementioned might have been better... But let us disregard that, or even better, let us claim that our actual intent was to send this thread into disarray by attracting preposterous amounts of attention to my post and therefore distracting everyone from the original objective!

Yes, I'll go with that. And just to stir the fire a bit more...

Haruka not best girl.

Wait wait wait, should a mod really be aiming to destroy a thread in such a manner? No, I completely understand that this thread is very much unofficial... What kind of proper thread would be called "Test" anyways? To suppose derailing such a shoddy thread would have appalling consequences is simply ludicrous! Utter madness!

Yet... is this a conscience I hear? No, according to Immanuel Kant this would be my 'reason'... Yes, it is reasonable to assume that wishing for the death of a thread would be unreasonable, even immoral. Quite so... 

If I really had any urgent need to liquidate the thread I would've done it already, using my privileges as a global mod... This should make it clear there is absolutely no need to do anything more.

Even then, I still appear to have every intention to post this, even though my reasoning has lead me to conclude doing such a thing would be disadvantageous to all parties involved. Unless... Am I yet again simply wishing to cause chaos? This wouldn't be the first time, but I do usually try and succeed at suppressing such desires... Of course, causing chaos will only have worse consequences for me later on, I should stop while I'm ahead. 

No, I still seem to be here. I haven't yet stopped typing, how terrible. This truly is despicable behaviour, divulging my thought patterns like this, you really should feel ashamed, this is no way for a person to behave! I shall give myself and earful and a scolding. 

Actually, I better hurry right quick. Before to long this thread may be moved, people are already complaining, and my post will appear nonsensical, and this is assuming it doesn't already. Quick! Click that ugly rectangle with 'Post' written insid

I was really impressed with Kanon, but haven't finished any of the others. Too much stuffing around in Little Busters, the stories in Clannad didn't resonate with me etc etc.

That being said I don't like dark stories so Key wins by default. 6 out of 10 from me also.

I agree, Little Busters lacked a sense of direction. There was nothing in it to keep my attention so I dropped it. Same with Rewrite as well. There was nothing substantial or interesting enough in the common route to keep my attention. My gripe with long common routes is that they create a real sense of monotony and kill any sense of progression. Tiago wrote:

Oh yeah, I should mention that for me the routes are merely a bonus (a good one, mind you, but a bonus nevertheless). I prefer Key works over TYPE-MOON works because I'm a sucker for funny common routes. Key delivers in spades.

Indeed, if you can read a long common route without dropping it, then that means the common route is the primary interest in the story. Referring to the other routes as a "bonus" is excellent phrasing, because that's what they are. People who are interested in character and plot progression will drop the VN because the monotony of the common route will kill any interest. The people who actually do make it to the routes are people who either actually managed to find enjoyment in the common route, or have master level patience to wait it through. 

It seems like my shrewd plan to redirect everyone's attention to the blatant mistake at the beginning of my post in order to avoid getting into direct confrontations about my tastes on common routes worked flawlessly!

Except for the part where the aforementioned might have been better... But let us disregard that, or even better, let us claim that our actual intent was to send this thread into disarray by attracting preposterous amounts of attention to my post and therefore distracting everyone from the original objective!

Yes, I'll go with that. And just to stir the fire a bit more...

I felt like the real purpose was to divert attention from my previous criticisms of KEY, lol. 

Straight-up 10/10, for me.

The claim of "when you look back on it, it wasn't that good" definitely doesn't apply to my experience with Key games (especially Little Busters! and Rewrite). When I look back on Little Busters!, if I actually start reflecting seriously on the plot of Refrain, and then view the rest of the routes and the common route plots through that lens, I actually get worked up to tears in a matter of seconds.

To my own detriment, I have yet to play a Type-Moon game, so while I obviously voted Key over Type-Moon, it certainly wasn't an informed vote. Soon. Fate/Stay Night is, of course, in my queue. I'll get to it just as soon as I can find a few hundred hours to spare to start making real headway through that queue...

Repetitive jokes and elements. Key VNs are good if you haven't played one before then it goes down hill. 6-7 but I'll vote for 7.

On the second poll, hard to say. The only Type-moon game I played was FS/N. I don't think it makes sense to compare it to Clannad or LB!.

Indeed, if you can read a long common route without dropping it, then that means the common route is the primary interest in the story. Referring to the other routes as a "bonus" is excellent phrasing, because that's what they are. People who are interested in character and plot progression will drop the VN because the monotony of the common route will kill any interest. The people who actually do make it to the routes are people who either actually managed to find enjoyment in the common route, or have master level patience to wait it through. 

What blasphemy!

Liking KEY more than TYPE-MOON.

I've yet to play a visual novel from KEY though.

However, my love for TM will not deter from simply reading these visual novels that seem to tug at your heartstrings and break your emotional dam.

With that being said, TM best.

Oh yeah, I should mention that for me the routes are merely a bonus (a good one, mind you, but a bonus nevertheless). I prefer Key works over TYPE-MOON works because I'm a sucker for funny common routes. Key delivers in spades. TYPE-MOON somehow make me bored during such segments.

Gonna take your advice in your signature for this one.

Repetitive jokes and elements. Key VNs are good if you haven't played one before then it goes down hill. 6-7 but I'll vote for 7.

This is also not reflective of my experience; I loved both Little Busters! (my first VN) and Rewrite (my second). The common routes were a bit long in all the Key VNs I've played (frankly, I was pleasantly surprised the first time I played a non-Key VN at how short the common route was), but I mostly enjoy them, and the heroine routes are my favorite parts. Moreover, much of the enjoyment I get out of the heroine routes comes from the emotional attachment built up during the common route. I think I fully played through (no skipping) both the Little Busters! and Rewrite common routes 3 times, mostly skipping through on the other playthroughs. I especially liked how the Rewrite common route felt so different after each additional heroine route was completed, since the plot shifts so dramatically after the common route, and since you get a pretty different view of the overarching world from each heroine's route. But, well, I guess you wouldn't know ;)

That second question... So damn hard man. I mean, I consider Rewrite to be the best VN ever (that's an unquestionable fact) , but F/SN+F/HA are better anything else made by Key. This is just such a hard choice for me to make... More explecid options would be appretiated. But for now, I just can't decide. :vinty:

This is also not reflective of my experience; I loved both Little Busters! (my first VN) and Rewrite (my second). The common routes were a bit long in all the Key VNs I've played (frankly, I was pleasantly surprised the first time I played a non-Key VN at how short the common route was), but I mostly enjoy them, and the heroine routes are my favorite parts. Moreover, much of the enjoyment I get out of the heroine routes comes from the emotional attachment built up during the common route. I think I fully played through (no skipping) both the Little Busters! and Rewrite common routes 3 times, mostly skipping through on the other playthroughs. I especially liked how the Rewrite common route felt so different after each additional heroine route was completed, since the plot shifts so dramatically after the common route, and since you get a pretty different view of the overarching world from each heroine's route. But, well, I guess you wouldn't know ;)

It's not like I dropped Rewrite without finishing a route.

What blasphemy!

Liking KEY more than TYPE-MOON.

I've yet to play a visual novel from KEY though.

However, my love for TM will not deter from simply reading these visual novels that seem to tug at your heartstrings and break your emotional dam.

And then you read Makoto's route in Kanon and cry like a baby. ;P

From the looks of it, KEY is still voted better than Type-Moon. I am pleased, lol.