Stray Cat

2 members have voted

1. 1. What anime will we watch?

• Utawarerumono
    • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
    • Blood Lad
    • Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

This poll is closed to new votes

I literally spend my every day doing this.

Why the hell do I get myself into clubs and overload myself with work? I'm honestly starting to suspect that is not the best way to relax from my usual job.

I have to say, I am thoroughly surprised you manage to be in this club for so long, as the relaxed person you are. Club activities suit more face paced, hot-blooded people, not chill people who sit around all day such as you. That being said, are you going to quit?

I don't think that has anything to do with it really.  However, many people, like myself, don't have a whole lot of time to devote to these things.  If there's a problem, I'll increase the timeline, simple as that. 

I shouldn't have the time. BUT... sleep is able to be sacrificed for things you love. That being said however, I'm not all that busy because high school doesn't offer much and it's holidays currently. As Nosebleed said, you can take a break rather than expand it if you like. No one will blame you.

Me and Stray Cat are both in charge of this so if he wants to take a break in a cycle or two I'll still keep this going, don't worry.

Oh, you are?

I shouldn't have the time. BUT... sleep is able to be sacrificed for things you love. That being said however, I'm not all that busy because high school doesn't offer much and it's holidays currently. As Nosebleed said, you can take a break rather than expand it if you like. No one will blame you.

Oh, you are?

I mean if multiple people can't make the deadlines, obviously we need to adjust if you two are the only ones who finish on time.

Yes, Nosebleed is in charge too, just free-loading.  :holo:

Personal life with a job is a good thing if you like money. But it sucks if you got a huge backlog for anime and games. I like the money.  ^_^

I watched 4 episodes of True Tears yesterday.

I somehow adore Aiko. Something about her design and voice is just perfect. Red eyes. 

:wub:  But I join the best girl discussion after I completed the anime. But I like it a lot. No justice bringing up that yet.

I guess I'll wait for more people to finish it and see what they think. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this, it was well balanced, there wasn't too much or too little of anything, and it managed to still touch me even though I didn't like the conclusion all that much, but you can't have anything in life.

In regards to the conclusion, did you watch the 3-minute epilogue/music video?

In regards to the conclusion, did you watch the 3-minute epilogue/music video?

I'm pretty sure the last episode I watched had the 3 minute music video in it already since it was 27 minutes long.

It still doesn't excuse 

The fact that he picked Hiromi over Noe for silly reasons

:(

I'm pretty sure the last episode I watched had the 3 minute music video in it already since it was 27 minutes long.

It still doesn't excuse 

The fact that he picked Hiromi over Noe for silly reasons

:(

Well 

Would you have been fine if he had picked neither Hiromi and Noe?

just free-loading.  :holo:

I'm really starting to wonder why I am not surprised at all. For some reason, I also want to thank you for actually running this club.

Well 

Would you have been fine if he had picked neither Hiromi and Noe?

That would have been 10 times worse and would have made me rate this anime below 7.

But I'm still allowed to get mad when the rightful heroine doesn't get chosen

2 episodes into True Tears and I have no idea what is going on. But it's kinda... interesting? Hopefully I'll get a better picture further into the story.

Really? I thought it was pretty straightforward, the plot is quite shallow, there's no deeper meaning behind things, what you see is what you get.

Really? I thought it was pretty straightforward, the plot is quite shallow, there's no deeper meaning behind things, what you see is what you get.

It might just be because I'm half-asleep right now, I have no idea what the characters are even saying at times. There were something about tears, vials and a monster disguised as an angel or something.... I really need to re-watch it tomorrow when I'm actually awake, lol :nervous:

It might just be because I'm half-asleep right now, I have no idea what the characters are even saying at times. There were something about tears, vials and a monster disguised as an angel or something.... I really need to re-watch it tomorrow when I'm actually awake, lol :nervous:

Those weird psychadelic moments are just parallels with the protagonist's picture book.

I guess later on it makes more sense.

Finished True Tears. Liked it a lot.

I also liked Noe and Aiko mor than Hiromi. But in the end i can understand shinichiro why he chose Hiromi.

I would have made a different decision but sadly that doesn't matter ;)

More from me to that after the cycle is finished.

YESYESYESYESYESYESYES GOD BLESS TRUE TEARS FUCK NOE HIROMI FOR LIFE THANK GOD. EVEN AI CHAN GOT TO BE HAPPY HAHAHAHA FUCK NOE I'M SO HAPPY. 

OK, so that is my generalized thoughts of the show. 

These are more in depth emotions and semi-reasons as to why (I'm emotional right now they might not make sense).

To start of my review will be heavily based on how the show made me feel and little/nothing to do with the technicalities/story/etc.

My most despised character in most anime is the girl with glasses. She is either A a childhood friend who thinks she can get in between true love to make her self happy *cough* Manami Tamura *cough* or a girl who everyone picks on and is really plain. They just want the MC's attention and tries to get between the OTP, which pisses me off beyond belief. Well there weren't really any primarily glasses characters were there, so why am I saying this? Well to me Noe felt like one, and I despised her with my heart and soul. I marathoned this all last night, to episode 12, and I couldn't go to bed I was so angry at her. Literally I haven't felt this much rage in a while. I honestly wanted to stop at episode 12 with the thought that either he would hate Hiromi after Noe jumped or Noe killed herself. One is a good ending one is a bad (in my case guess which). So, I got home from school today and braced my self for all this is episode 13. Noe only broke her leg (which actually turned out to be a good thing) and Shin-chan chose Hiromi. Literally I was yelling and jumping for joy, it made me that happy (really look at my twitter).

For me Hiromi was the only chose. This is because in the beginning he was saying how he wanted to wipe away her tears and make her happy. He was worrying about her and trying to protect her. He not once thought this way about Noe. If Noe was introduced first and he had those thoughts about her, then I might feel the same way I do about Noe as Hiromi.

Ai-chan! The runner up for part of the show was done really well, imo. She didn't interfere with Hiromi, was really cute, and was able to get her act together. The ending was superb because Horimo x Shin. If he chose Noe I don't know how I would have reacted. Even though I said all this about Noe, everyone got to be happy in the end so I forgave her. I really want to give this show a 10/10 but I would probably be stoned so 9/10 it is.

If anything I ship Noe and her brother if Noe was going to get some at all. 

Well that ends my rant! To summarize I love Hiromi and I have very mixed feelings about Noe, mostly leaning towards hate. 

You said you generally hate characters that get picked on but Hiromi quite fits the bill as she never felt like she belonged in the family and all that stuff. It's just that she wasn't picked on at school and was quite popular, but other than that she was always acting the victim.

Her problem seemed to be Shin's mother and the fact she thought they were siblings, but apparently they can't talk about that outside the house in a calm, reasonable manner.

And why isn't Noe x Shin the actual OTP? Just because Shin liked Hiromi from when they were kids? I've had crushes from when I was a kid too but that doesn't mean i can't come to love someone that comes into my life more recently.

Noe did nothing wrong, she never felt like she was picked on (the viewer might feel like it because some outsiders thought she was bonkers, but she wasn't bullied), she was just herself throughout the show, and she liked Shin and did things to get him to notice her because that's just her personality. Not because she despised Hiromi and wanted to get in between but because she just liked Shin which is a perfectly reasonable thing.

If anything, it was Hiromi herself that acted all self righteous between Noe and Shin just because in the beginning she had that advantage and I honestly hated her on that one.

To me Hiromi was the drama queen that was so reserved to herself and couldn't be honest that pissed me off.

I absolutely despise characters like Hiromi that can't get their shit together because of some ridiculous inner conflict and cause problems to others because of it.

I don't care that she was Shin's first love, she did absolutely nothing in the show to earn it, neither did she earn my respect.