Stray Cat

2 members have voted

1. 1. What anime will we watch?

• Utawarerumono
    • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
    • Blood Lad
    • Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

This poll is closed to new votes

You said you generally hate characters that get picked on but Hiromi quite fits the bill and she never felt like she belonged in the family and all that stuff. It's just that she wasn't picked on at school and was quite popular, but other than that she was always acting the victim.

And why isn't Noe x Shin the actual OTP? Just because Shin liked Hiromi from when they were kids? I've had crushes from when I was a kid too but that doesn't mean i can't come to love someone that comes into my life more recently.

Noe did nothing wrong, she never felt like she was picked on (the viewer might feel like it because some outsiders thought she was bonkers), she was just herself throughout the show, and she liked Shin and did things to get him to notice her because that's just her personality. Not because she despised Hiromi and wanted to get in between but because she just liked Shin which is a perfectly reasonable thing.

If anything, it was Hiromi herself that acted all self righteous between Noe and Shin just because in the beginning she had that advantage and I honestly hated her on that one.

To me Hiromi was the drama queen that was so reserved to herself and couldn't be honest that pissed me off.

I absolutely despise characters like Hiromi that can't get their shit together because of some ridiculous inner conflict and cause problems to others because of it.

I don't care that she was Shin's first love, she did absolutely nothing in the show to earn it, neither did she earn my respect.

In one of my earlier posts I said everything is based on my feelings and emotion and it most likely won't make sense. I can update my post later but it will have a lot of inconsistencies. I agreed to write my thoughts as I signed up for the club but I also said it will only be based on my feelings. Sorry if this inconveniences anyone. Like I said I can edit my post to attempt to fix and inconsistencies but I tend not to think about it.

"Not because she despised Hiromi and wanted to get in between but because she just liked Shin which is a perfectly reasonable thing."

Most characters from what I have read/watched don't do it out of a personal vendetta, they just like the MC. I personally couldn't care less about their motive. Hiromi was introduced first as the person who Shin liked and he said he wanted to protect her, good enough for me.

"And why isn't Noe x Shin the actual OTP?"

Ahh that one was my bad. For some reason I got it into my head while writing that it was "Original True Pairing" idk why. I typically tend to lean on the girl that was introduced first as who the MC liked.

"If anything, it was Hiromi herself that acted all self righteous between Noe and Shin just because in the beginning she had that advantage and I honestly hated her on that one."

She was introduced first Noe can gtfo.

"To me Hiromi was the drama queen that was so reserved to herself and couldn't be honest that pissed me off."

Mmm i can kinda agree with that. Its just that she thought Shin was her brother and his mom was putting a lot of pressure on her.

Nice discussion... like it ;)

If you ask me who is my personal favoutite girl i would go with nosebleed and say Noe... She's just cute and I adore her.

But I also understand LiquidShu why he defends Hiromi that much. Somehow I really liked the outcome of that show. For me also Hiromi was the true and only choice for Shinichiro. And I thinks she's not that bad. Thats actually one thing I like. That she isn't the all perfect pretty highschool queen or something. No, she's selfish and a bit rude but she just does it to get Shinichiro.

And there's another thing we can't judge... thats the whole stuff that happened before the show takes place... We don't really know what kind of relation Shinichiro and Hiromi had before that... Even this is just a anime, human relationships are quite complex :P ... In the end Shinichiro liked both and decided for Hiromi maybe based on the history they had... We'll never know....

So I think everyone has it own opinion and everyone might be right ;)

By the way... I think the most of us agree it was a great journey we had ;)

If you ask me who is my personal favoutite girl i would go with nosebleed and say Noe... She's just cute and I adore her.

But I also understand LiquidShu why he defends Hiromi that much. Somehow I really liked the outcome of that show. For me also Hiromi was the true and only choice for Shinichiro. And I thinks she's not that bad. Thats actually one thing I like. That she isn't the all perfect pretty highschool queen or something. No, she's selfish and a bit rude but she just does it to get Shinichiro.

And there's another thing we can't judge... thats the whole stuff that happened before the show takes place... We don't really know what kind of relation Shinichiro and Hiromi had before that... Even this is just a anime, human relationships are quite complex :P ... In the end Shinichiro liked both and decided for Hiromi maybe based on the history they had... We'll never know....

Couldn't have said it better. It was an amazing show ~~ 

But it's exactly because "i never knew" their story that I could care less about her.

Sorry but the show didn't do a good job on that end, all they showed us was a single event where she lost a shoe which I honestly find irrelevant..

It was still a good show with excellent pacing and simple but touching story.

But I can't conform with Hiromi as a main heroine.

You said you generally hate characters that get picked on but Hiromi quite fits the bill as she never felt like she belonged in the family and all that stuff. It's just that she wasn't picked on at school and was quite popular, but other than that she was always acting the victim.

Her problem seemed to be Shin's mother and the fact she thought they were siblings, but apparently they can't talk about that outside the house in a calm, reasonable manner.

And why isn't Noe x Shin the actual OTP? Just because Shin liked Hiromi from when they were kids? I've had crushes from when I was a kid too but that doesn't mean i can't come to love someone that comes into my life more recently.

Noe did nothing wrong, she never felt like she was picked on (the viewer might feel like it because some outsiders thought she was bonkers, but she wasn't bullied), she was just herself throughout the show, and she liked Shin and did things to get him to notice her because that's just her personality. Not because she despised Hiromi and wanted to get in between but because she just liked Shin which is a perfectly reasonable thing.

If anything, it was Hiromi herself that acted all self righteous between Noe and Shin just because in the beginning she had that advantage and I honestly hated her on that one.

To me Hiromi was the drama queen that was so reserved to herself and couldn't be honest that pissed me off.

I absolutely despise characters like Hiromi that can't get their shit together because of some ridiculous inner conflict and cause problems to others because of it.

I don't care that she was Shin's first love, she did absolutely nothing in the show to earn it, neither did she earn my respect.

Now you mention it..... I get where you are coming from now.

I mean I do see where Shin is coming from as I had crushes since I was like 5? But that doesn't stop me from getting a girlfriend the year before (though we did break up) even though I still liked some of the other crushes I had liked before that. If you get what I mean. I mean Shin didn't have to deny his first love but it shouldn't have stopped him from falling for some other girl namely Noe.

But it's exactly because "i never knew" their story that I could care less about her.

Sorry but the show didn't do a good job on that end, all they showed us was a single event where she lost a shoe which I honestly find irrelevant..

All they really showed for Noe was that her 

Grandmother died, took her tears into the sky and now she wants to cry. They showed the shoe scene with Hiromi (which you may have found irrelevant but it meant something to them). We don't know when exactly her mother passed away but if it was before then the fact that she didn't want him to leave her is greater. That and the fact that her father past away to be sent to the house of the boy she loved just for his mother to spite her. We may not know a lot about either girls back grounds but I feel like Hiromi has more going for her there.

They also never expanded on Noe's family issue with her brother. He plans to move away because it's a forbidden love and that's that? I would like some more there. At least with Hiromi they concluded some house hold issues and made up.

Yes they didn't show much of Noe's past either, but that's not my point here. I'm talking about reasons why Noe x Shin was a much more decent OTP than Hiromi x Shin.

Unlike with Hiromi, they showed all the things Noe did for Shin today, as in, how they actually fell in love, literally all the events.

Meanwhile Hiromi, in the events they showed in the anime, did jack shit. All they showed us as a possible reason for them to like each other was that shoe scene, besides that they didn't really give any bigger explanation other than "they've always been together".

With Noe, Shin was able to finish his picture book, he was able to find someone he cared for and who loved him back and actively showed it. He was able to feel better about himself because of Noe.

With Hiromi, Shin basically spent his days in loneliness because she shut herself away from him (since she can't talk like a regular human being).

But the end just gives you a big "fuck you" and Shin just decides to go back to Hiromi, ignoring everything Noe did and how she made him feel, that's really what I hated the most, there was just no visual justification for it in my view.

Yes they didn't show much of Noe's past either, but that's not my point here. I'm talking about reasons why Noe x Shin was a much more decent OTP than Hiromi x Shin.

Unlike with Hiromi, they showed all the things Noe did for Shin today, as in, how they actually fell in love, literally all the events.

Meanwhile Hiromi, in the events they showed in the anime, did jack shit. All they showed us as a possible reason for them to like each other was that shoe scene, besides that they didn't really give any bigger explanation other than "they've always been together".

With Noe, Shin was able to finish his picture book, he was able to find someone he cared for and who loved him back and actively showed it. He was able to feel better about himself because of Noe.

With Hiromi, Shin basically spent his days in loneliness because she shut herself away from him (since she can't talk like a regular human being).

But the end just gives you a big "fuck you" and Shin just decides to go back to Hiromi, ignoring everything Noe did and how she made him feel, that's really what I hated the most, there was just no visual justification for it in my view.

I don't think it was so much of a huge "fuck you" maybe it was to Noe fans though. I mean with out Noe he wouldn't have done any of that and he expresses that to her, So I don't think he just ignored everything Noe did. i feel like because of her he was able to make a decision, take a step forward, and he was grateful to her for that. He even runs all over the place to find her during and after the festival. But when Hiromi got into the bike accident he rushed as fast as he could to her side, when she was moving away he chased her down, he tried to stand up to his mother to protect her, and he wanted to make her feel happy since he was a child. I can't recall him showing nearly that much affection for Noe. He may have loved her but it not as much as Hiromi. The heart wants what the heart wants.'

I realize the anime did not show it to well but that doesn't mean the characters didn't feel anything for each other.

Edit: OK, I remember when he asked Noe out the first time and wrote "i like Noe" in the ground so I guess that is something else he did for her. However, he would have never done any of that if he wasn't trying to make Hiromi happy and to get Noe's brother to go out with her.

Edit: Hiromi may have played a more passive role but Shin stilled chased after her regardless.

Edit: Just adding more thoughts as I am going here but another reason I like Hiromi more is because she actually needs Shin. When his mother told Hiromi to stay away from him and they may be brother and sister she kinda fell apart. When Shin came into her room to tell her Noe's brother said she was cute she was furious most likely because she wanted Shin to say that not Noe's brother. She even tried to confront Noe and tell her to stay away because she was finally able to be together with him. It seemed like Shin was holding her together and from what they showed us Noe accepted that fact and was able to live with it in the end.

Edited by LiquidShu

Just finished episode 7.

Wow, things are getting heated up. And everyone's apparently a liar. Really hoping that MC ends up with Noe, but obviously, Hiromi's going to win. Thats the one thing I dislike about romance/harem shows; you know who's going to win right off the bat from the first episode. Still, it's a really interesting show.

I can't agree with you on that. Shin cared a lot about Noe and he still liked her. He cried because of her and the decision he made. "The heart wants what the heart wants" is a good line here...

The "problem" might be that we only see a little fragment of all. But maybe it isn't really a problem because you have a lot of stuff you can discuss and think about...

I can't agree with you on that. Shin cared a lot about Noe and he still liked her. He cried because of her and the decision he made. "The heart wants what the heart wants" is a good line here...

The "problem" might be that we only see a little fragment of all. But maybe it isn't really a problem because you have a lot of stuff you can discuss and think about...

Well everyone has their own views so they may ignore some facts against them.......