Stray Cat

2 members have voted

1. 1. What anime will we watch?

• Utawarerumono
    • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
    • Blood Lad
    • Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

This poll is closed to new votes

Finished watching episodes 1-4 of True Tears.

Initial impressions:

So far the show seems to be about people who are unable to properly express themselves with one another, often times creating misunderstandings which lead to feelings of doubt and sadness. The issue of empathy rises up a bit in episode Ep.4. Hiromi and Isurugi are in a way using other people for their personal satisfaction, instead of reaching a mutual understanding that can satisfy both parties. This creates tension in the relationships they have with Shinichiro because neither person knows how to properly gauge the other person's feelings. So far Hiromi seems like the main contender for Shinichiro's heart. Seeing as how she lives in the same place as him, it's no surprise that this will give her an advantage over the other girls. Can't say the show has hooked me as much other romance anime, but the simplistic nature of it is working out for now.

Subplots that have surfaced so far:

1. Shinichiro's art book that he has submitted to a Tokyo publication. What is the meaning behind the story he is reciting as he draws it?

2. Shinichiro and his unease with his family name (Nakagami) which creates tension in the family because of different expectations.

3. Shinichiro's mother doesn't seem to like Hiromi very much because she reminds her of Hiromi's mother.

And now to find out what Isurugi Jun's favor will lead to...

Initial impressions:

So far the show seems to be about people who are unable to properly express themselves with one another, often times creating misunderstandings which lead to feelings of doubt and sadness. The issue of empathy rises up a bit in episode Ep.4. Hiromi and Isurugi are in a way using other people for their personal satisfaction, instead of reaching a mutual understanding that can satisfy both parties. This creates tension in the relationships they have with Shinichiro because neither person knows how to properly gauge the other person's feelings. So far Hiromi seems like the main contender for Shinichiro's heart. Seeing as how she lives in the same place as him, it's no surprise that this will give her an advantage over the other girls. Can't say the show has hooked me as much other romance anime, but the simplistic nature of it is working out for now.

1. Shinichiro's art book that he has submitted to a Tokyo publication. What is the meaning behind the story he is reciting as he draws it?

2. Shinichiro and his unease with his family name (Nakagami) which creates tension in the family because of different expectations.

3. Shinichiro's mother doesn't seem to like Hiromi very much because she reminds her of Hiromi's mother.

This is how I feel.  Everyone is either whiny or manipulative.  I'm just betting Hiromi based on first girl rule. 

I'm up to episode 10 now:

It's gonna be Hiromi I think. Too bad, she's been a pain the whole show, I really hate her. Ai-chan is cute but manipulative. Noe is the only person who's actually decent. Her brother is terrible, Shinichiro is undcissive and annoying, Miyokichi is annoying. Basically everyone is terrible. I'm not excited for the last 4 episodes in the least.

4 more episodes.  In summary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE8RyAN3EaA

I'm currently on episode 9. Just like i said before the anime is very predictable even the whole 

they might be brother and sister was easy to guess after we learnt about the talk out side. the only thing i got wrong was i thought the mother cheated not the father. So half points on that one.

. honestly if it wasn't for the club i don't think i could finish this. The characters are all oblivious to each other and make the stupidest possible choices when ever they have the chance. Other than that to soundtrack and art style aren't too bad.

Initial impressions:

I'm amazed at how much you got out of 4 episodes...

Finished watching Death Parade Ep.1

Initial Impressions:

OP song is quite the contrast to what the viewer will soon witness. The upbeat nature matches the lyrics quite nicely. It can be summed up as: let go of your inhibitions and search for who you really are let go of your inhibitions and search for who you really are. The lyrics also seems to be saying that these characters will be tugging out dark and terrible secrets in order to reach an uncomfortable truth

Quindecim, a place neither here nor there, a limbo for those who have

perished.

The roulette is a fitting apparatus for the judgment at hand. Just as they

died by chance in the real word, so too will they be granted the same mercy in limbo.

The overall punishment because of the dart game puzzled me at the beginning. I figured it could have been some kind of nerve agent that was messing with their nervous system, but in the end none of that really matters because

since they are already dead, the rules have been altered, which means the arbiter can most likely change things to his/her liking.

First episode is quite riveting as we see Machiko and Takashi bare their hearts to one another. The ultimate question in this episode is: Whose survival instinct is stronger? Takashi himself says that, "This game was designed to make us fight amongst ourselves" which raises the issue of fairness in this entire game. Is the arbiter allowed to introduce his biases in this game? What evidence does the arbiter look through in order to reach a verdict?

Dequim's calm demeanor may be just a facade, and underneath that mask he may have mixed feelings about the entire ordeal. I guess only time will tell whether or not Dequim and the other people who work at Quindecim have ulterior motives.

One last issue that confused me a bit at the end was when Dequim says,

"When humans die, they are either sent to heaven or hell. The Quindecim exists to assist with that process.” But minutes later one of the other arbiters(?) mentions that Takashi will be reincarnated, so which is it? Is it not as simple as salvation or damnation?

Overall, I'm really enjoying what has been put on my plate. I will indulge some more tomorrow with Ep.2...

One last issue that confused me a bit at the end was when Dequim says,

"When humans die, they are either sent to heaven or hell. The Quindecim exists to assist with that process.” But minutes later one of the other arbiters(?) mentions that Takashi will be reincarnated, so which is it? Is it not as simple as salvation or damnation?

that also confused me but I figured it was just a bad translation. Then i watched the second episode it explains it there. So can someone take the time to explain why 

Decim didn't know if the girl cheated or not if he had all their memories?

I finished True Tears.   My viewing experience was a healthy combination of boredom and rage.  Expect a terrible rating (I'm thinking 3 now) since there are very few shows I can think of that I disliked more than this.

I despise everyone on the show but Noe, who ended up being the equivalent of an emotional punching bag for the last part of the show. However, I especially despise Hiromi. She is probably one of the most terrible female characters I have ever seen and an overall horrible person. Noe was too good for Shinichiro too since he was a two timing, no good, filthy you get the idea.  I believe the best overall theme for the anime is the following phrase:  "Dick move bro."

Is that good or bad? I do this every week at school picking apart the elements of craft from different stories and novels, so I'm used to this kind of thing. Even if this show ends up being a grand disappointment at least I can learn from it and apply it to my own writing :P

No, it is amazing... I think I got less out of the whole thing than you did in 4 episodes

that also confused me but I figured it was just a bad translation. Then i watched the second episode it explains it there. So can someone take the time to explain why 

Machiko put on an act in order to spare Takashi's life. Even when she remembered that she was dead she went so far as to lie in order to spare her beloved and save him from his overbearing guilt. Now, the reason why Dequim didn't anticipate this was because he did not take into account Machiko's feelings. He may have had her memories in the palm of his hand, but he did not have her heart. In other words he could not measure or anticipate Machiko's true feelings. I guess there are some things that are even beyond the powers of these arbiters. Human beings are unpredictable. The arbiters still have a lot to learn.

I'll let Nona explain it here, "People's feelings can manifest through the most subtle of expressions." These arbiters passing judgment are underestimating the sacrifices some people will make for someone who is close to them. I'm curious as to how they will grow from this experience.

Lots of exposition in Ep.2 of Death Parade, but that's okay because the stage is still being set for things to come. We met Clavis (the guy in charge of the elevator), Nona (another arbiter or perhaps simply an overseer) and managed to see an assistant learn the ropes in this game. The truth behind the judgment of Machiko and Takashi is quite daunting. These arbiters still have a lot to learn and are prone to making mistakes. An innocent woman is now in the void because Dequim wasn't able to take the 'human heart' into the equation. Having their memories means nothing if you can't adapt appropriately. I will enjoy seeing these arbiters develop as the anime progresses.

I'm curious to know after these two episodes what the identity of these arbiters is. Are they also people who have died? If so, who gave these people the power to pass judgment upon their brethren?

It amazing to see how the rating of True Tears differ here. But I think I can understand these who don't like it. If you're not a fan of pure (and maybe little bit darker) romance then I think you won't like that show. Anyway I loved it because of the things the most of you criticize.

I don't want to see always nice and perfect characters in a perfect world... Sometimes it is good to see stuff that is more near realism...

It amazing to see how the rating of True Tears differ here. But I think I can understand these who don't like it. If you're not a fan of pure (and maybe little bit darker) romance then I think you won't like that show. Anyway I loved it because of the things the most of you criticize.

I don't want to see always nice and perfect characters in a perfect world... Sometimes it is good to see stuff that is more near realism...

What we see is not only no nice and perfect characters but even the realism you can see, we can't...

What we see is not only no nice and perfect characters but even the realism you can see, we can't...

I didn't say it is realistic... I just have said that this is more realistic than perfect characters in a perfect world. Thats all.

And also I didn't criticize your opinion, I even can understand that but I feel completely different.

*cries* I'm the only one who liked Hiromi  :cry:

I liked how in Death Parade the second episode showed the POV of the Arbiter's. The current characters and future ones all seem like they will be interesting so I am looking forward to it ~~ The vibes the show gives off as well are promising so far.

*cries* I'm the only one who liked Hiromi :cry:

I liked how in Death Parade the second episode showed the POV of the Arbiter's. The current characters and future ones all seem like they will be interesting so I am looking forward to it ~~ The vibes the show gives off as well are promising so far.

Don't worry, there will be other weird people just like you. :)

Machiko put on an act in order to spare Takashi's life. Even when she remembered that she was dead she went so far as to lie in order to spare her beloved and save him from his overbearing guilt. Now, the reason why Dequim didn't anticipate this was because he did not take into account Machiko's feelings. He may have had her memories in the palm of his hand, but he did not have her heart. In other words he could not measure or anticipate Machiko's true feelings. I guess there are some things that are even beyond the powers of these arbiters. Human beings are unpredictable. The arbiters still have a lot to learn.

I'll let Nona explain it here, "People's feelings can manifest through the most subtle of expressions." These arbiters passing judgment are underestimating the sacrifices some people will make for someone who is close to them. I'm curious as to how they will grow from this experience.

Lots of exposition in Ep.2 of Death Parade, but that's okay because the stage is still being set for things to come. We met Clavis (the guy in charge of the elevator), Nona (another arbiter or perhaps simply an overseer) and managed to see an assistant learn the ropes in this game. The truth behind the judgment of Machiko and Takashi is quite daunting. These arbiters still have a lot to learn and are prone to making mistakes. An innocent woman is now in the void because Dequim wasn't able to take the 'human heart' into the equation. Having their memories means nothing if you can't adapt appropriately. I will enjoy seeing these arbiters develop as the anime progresses.

I'm curious to know after these two episodes what the identity of these arbiters is. Are they also people who have died? If so, who gave these people the power to pass judgment upon their brethren?

Decim did not know whether Machiko cheated or not as he had both their memories but not their thoughts, as in he knew that Machiko was having an affair but didn't know the circumstances surrounding it. As the assistant said, Machiko had the affair only once, but regretted it a lot and was feeling guilty for it. Now Decim knew that she the affair(due to memories) but at the same time he didn't know if she had actually enjoyed it and was betraying Takashi or it was a mistake that she was regretting.

You should watch Death Billiards which was released some time back and is like a special of Death Parade. I watched and don't think it has any spoilers. It is just like an episode about a pair of people who come into Queen Decim much like the first episode.

There Decim said that he had never experienced being alive. This isn't explained anymore though.

10 episodes watched. Watching the rest tonight.

Ai-chan doesn't got enough screentime. She is by far the best girl. But sadly she is a childhood friend so that's impossible.

:P

I think the anime is decent, not good or bad. I am not that fond of characters who can't decide and complains. This remind me of School Days in that regard. The MC can't decide what to do. It is the mother's fault. I blame everything on her. She is the black sheep of the anime. I despise her. The father is a wimp too. Seriously give a fuck sometimes.

I don't like Noe. Her head is floating in the air which I personally don't like. She is adorable but nothing more. Not my type of girl.

I KNOW I recognize that song in episode 8 they are singing. I bet money on it. I have heard it before somewhere. Here is the link.

It's interesting to see the disparity this anime caused as far as opinions go. 

Though I do see most people agree Hiromi was an awful character :Kappa:

Even though I disliked Hiromi a lot and disliked the conclusion, I still thought the series, for a romantic drama, achieved its purpose and was rather well balanced and well paced. It didn't try to be anything else, it was a "what you see is what you get" anime with a  more realistic approach on human relationships (trust me, there are a lot of guys like Shin out there).

Nowadays series hardly take any risks to begin with, they just sort fix all conflicts one way or another and make everyone happy.

A series like this actually causes a more emotional response when it doesn't fix everyone's problems in the best way possible.

It's interesting to see the disparity this anime caused as far as opinions go. 

Though I do see most people agree Hiromi was an awful character :Kappa:

Even though I disliked Hiromi a lot and disliked the conclusion, I still thought the series, for a romantic drama, achieved its purpose and was rather well balanced and well paced. It didn't try to be anything else, it was a "what you see is what you get" anime with a  more realistic approach on human relationships (trust me, there are a lot of guys like Shin out there).

Nowadays series hardly take any risks to begin with, they just sort fix all conflicts one way or another and make everyone happy.

A series like this actually causes a more emotional response when it doesn't fix everyone's problems in the best way possible.

As you can obviously tell by scrolling up