Stray Cat

2 members have voted

1. 1. What anime will we watch?

• Utawarerumono
    • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
    • Blood Lad
    • Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

This poll is closed to new votes

It amazing to see how the rating of True Tears differ here. But I think I can understand these who don't like it. If you're not a fan of pure (and maybe little bit darker) romance then I think you won't like that show. Anyway I loved it because of the things the most of you criticize.

I don't want to see always nice and perfect characters in a perfect world... Sometimes it is good to see stuff that is more near realism...

I don't like perfection, I like some difficult situations and choices (such as in Clannad and ToraDora).  What I object to most is that in my opinion basically no one has any redeeming qualities and they act so irrationally I can't even begin to understand why things are they way they are.  I'm very direct, so all this keeping it to yourself, whiny nonsense annoys me.  Therefore, the drama, which I didn't care about, was boring to me and the characters just sparked rage more than anything else.  I typically like at least a little comedy as well too. 

It's interesting to see the disparity this anime caused as far as opinions go. 

Though I do see most people agree Hiromi was an awful character :Kappa:

Even though I disliked Hiromi a lot and disliked the conclusion, I still thought the series, for a romantic drama, achieved its purpose and was rather well balanced and well paced. It didn't try to be anything else, it was a "what you see is what you get" anime with a  more realistic approach on human relationships (trust me, there are a lot of guys like Shin out there).

Nowadays series hardly take any risks to begin with, they just sort fix all conflicts one way or another and make everyone happy.

A series like this actually causes a more emotional response when it doesn't fix everyone's problems in the best way possible.

If by emotional response you mean hatred and rage, I agree. 

I don't like perfection, I like some difficult situations and choices (such as in Clannad and ToraDora).  What I object to most is that in my opinion basically no one has any redeeming qualities and they act so irrationally I can't even begin to understand why things are they way they are.  I'm very direct, so all this keeping it to yourself, whiny nonsense annoys me.  Therefore, the drama, which I didn't care about was boring to me and the characters just sparked rage more than anything else.  I typically like at least a little comedy as well too. 

If my emotional response you mean hatred and rage, I agree.

That's more than enough emotion then.

I would also say that for me at least, this anime is much father from realistic than something like ToraDora, but I would probably attribute that to cultural differences. 

Toradora just made a different choice at the end

Ryuuji decides to go for Taiga and realises he loves her over Minori.

Whereas Shin realises he still loves Hiromi after all even after dating Noe.

Rather than cultural differences, it's just that they took different paths. None of which is intrinsically wrong, they're just different and cause different responses depending on the viewer.

I actually wanted Minori over Taiga at points  -_-

Arguably though, Toradora makes you care for Taiga 10 times more than True Tears makes you care for Hiromi so that's also a factor.

Toradora just made a different choice at the end

Ryuuji decides to go for Taiga and realises he loves her over Minori.

Whereas Shin realises he still loves Hiromi after all even after dating Noe.

Rather than cultural differences, it's just that they took different paths. None of which is intrinsically wrong, they're just different.

Arguably though, Toradora makes you care for Taiga 10 times more than True Tears makes you care for Hiromi.

Well I'm pretty sure that they still did try very hard (and failed) to make the audience like hiromi.

Well I'm pretty sure that they still did try very hard (and failed) to make the audience like hiromi.

I don't think they tried really hard anything. They just moved one with what they begun. Despite the fact that I adored Noe and Aiko more, because of personal preferences ;), i still liked Hiromi.

Also I wouldn't compare with Toradora, because that are two different genre for me.Toradora is Comedy/SoL/Romance and True Tears Drama/Romance.  Only because they both have romance means they are the same.

In the end everyone can have is own opinion and thats good. Mine is maybe different. I love that anime and it's my #2 of Romances (behind Kimi ni Todoke) and I gave it 9/10 (btw Toradora also). Despite the fact that it doesn't made me cry. The show let me feel a lot of the emotions, especially the pain of the characters. Someone may not like it, but I do like to suffer :D​  ... In that way I seem to be a masochist.

Well, didn't work for me~

Or me.

Hence the and failed

I don't think they tried really hard anything. They just moved one with what they begun. Despite the fact that I adored Noe and Aiko more, because of personal preferences ;), i still liked Hiromi.

Also I wouldn't compare with Toradora, because that are two different genre for me.Toradora is Comedy/SoL/Romance and True Tears Drama/Romance.  Only because they both have romance means they are the same.

In the end everyone can have is own opinion and thats good. Mine is maybe different. I love that anime and it's my #2 of Romances (behind Kimi ni Todoke) and I gave it 9/10 (btw Toradora also). Despite the fact that it doesn't made me cry. The show let me feel a lot of the emotions, especially the pain of the characters. Someone may not like it, but I do like to suffer :D​  ... In that way I seem to be a masochist.

Hope we get along ( I'm a sadist)

Soo, I ended up watching True Tears (I'm on episode 9, and will probably finish it tonight).  Mostly because @Stray Cat hated it so much, I thought there'd be a good chance I'd enjoy it since he and I have such different tastes, lol. Seems I was right ;p 'cause I like it so far and want to find out how things will turn out in the end.

So far.. I think Aiko is actually the worst girl.

I don't think Hiromi is as bad as everyone seems to make her out to be, so I do like her.

No comment on Noe really. She's okay but strange.

When I finish it, I might share my thoughts on each girl in more detail.. and what I think about the conclusion.

Aiko was on this gray area in where she was kind of bitchy in what she did but at the same time she distanced herself from the protagonist, not affecting the main story too much so you kind of end up not hating her as much in the end.

Also her design was cute, and I also don't blame her in what she did.

Aiko was on this gray area in where she was kind of bitchy in what she did but at the same time she distanced herself from the protagonist, not affecting the main story too much so you kind of end up not hating her as much in the end.

Ah i don't think she was bitchy at all she shouldn't have let the whole thing go on for so long but remember how she was asked out with shinichiro right there what was she supposed to do. In my opinion it was all shinichiro's fault that it ended up that way. Ok I guess i will finish it tonight hopefully the next anime is better.

"I hate all of them. Seriously, I HATE all of them (especially Hiromi)" This option seems a little biased T-T

And yet it's currently winning. 

Ah I see, yeah I guess Shin shouldn't have been there to pressure her.

So I guess we can always hate on the protagonist :Kappa:

I'm still deciding on the genre for the next cycle.

Decisions decisions..

I hate Shin as much as Hiromi too.  No characters with any semblance of a conscious on this show besides Noe (and the best friend, but he got about as much screen time as the picture book).

I really need a comedy after this. 

Here's the thing, I don't want to suggest a genre that almost guarantees something I've already seen, hence why I'm not going with SoL, Romance or Comedy (there's already tons of those people in general have seen as well).

Right now I'm leaning torwards either Horror or Psychological, but i'll debate on it internally later~

Here's the thing, I don't want to suggest a genre that almost guarantees something I've already seen, hence why I'm not going with SoL, Romance or Comedy (there's already tons of those people in general have seen as well).

Right now I'm leaning torwards either Horror or Psychological, but i'll debate on it internally later~

Yes, do that.