A new start

AS : the short dialogues are just for fun and to make the whole less boring, nothing else.

Hi everyobody.

I've been on fuwa for a year now. So I wanted to make a quick summary of my experience here, what I did, right and wrong, thank people I have to and appologize to others.

:conspiracy: "But Meaf, are you not going to complain ?"

:michiru: Not today my friends, I stated my opinions clearly, the message is clear, it's unhealthy for all the parties involved to keep talking without acting.

"But you always complain !"

There was a time where I used to come here to have fun ! Yes, yes ! Believe me or not, but it's true !

I remember necroing LOTS of threads all over the forum because I was new to VN's and wanted only one thing :

Talking about them and sharing my experience.

Back them, the forum was quite ... dead.

I didn't know anybody but kept talking with random members all over the forum, a time where Flutterz was super active, Nosebleed had only passed Schboomer in post count, Nohman still had his same avatar and didn't talk much, and solidbatman was a mod, or an admin, or a mod again, or nothing, or maybe a mod. Anyway !

Fuwa was far from what it is now.

Aaeru had left not too long ago, many mods were merely active and the first fuwapocalypse happened.

"OoooOooh"

I started wanting to do stuff a month after I registered here.

Many cool things were starting in January, MotM and the awarding system discussion. It was like a renewal.

I wanted to start a review project(cough cough), my first project of my own, where the idea was to centralize big threads around a single VN so all the information about a VN was gathered in one place and where people could give their detailed opinions.

The project was a failure, kinda. This asked for quite the amount of work from many people, and not everybody is here to give his detailed opinion on a VN. I did do some reviews and the threads did okay I guess. Let's say I was satisfied with myself. (Also Flutterz I'm still waiting for that Clannad review) ;p.

A bit later in March, I worked together with Krill, Nosebleed, Kaguya  on the VN lexicon.

This was a success and quite a blast to make. It took a shit ton of time over a week of time and many ... MANY rewrites to have a complete and final version we were proud of and could potentially be used. It is lost somewhere in the thread.

This was my first big projct with other members.

I also participated in a fuwanovel podcast with Zakamutt, OriginalRen, and someone else, I don't remember who, I am deeply sorry =(. It was fun, except my microphone was shit.

Then, came the great nothingness. Two months of litterally nothing ! And then my first complaining session in May.

:conspiracy: "You almost got us, there he goes"

Basiclly nothing happened and nothing was planned. Fuwa was spammy, messy, and was kinda rotting.

And this is the point where fuwa stopped being as fun as it used to for me. I was out of ideas, the old fun projects we used to discuss had been either scrapped, were discussed internally or were to be soon implemented.

As someone who craved for being part of the forums evolution and discussion, I felt simply powerless and useless. I couldn't help, I didn't know how to help, and fuwa didn't need or ask for my help.

And despite this I still wanted to try. And this made me incredibly frustrated.

I helped with minor projects with Rose for example (which was a really cool project he suggested but which was given very little attention). I helped Down fix issues in the Walkthrough forum. I made some bigger projects (such as the Data Extraction thread, which was around 90 - 100 hours of work for me only).

I also talked a lot with some members about what fuwa was and what fuwa could be.

I think somewhere on the road, "what fuwa could be" turned into "what I wanted fuwa to be".

This is something I am now ready to accept as a big mistake in my train of thought.

Fuwa was not what I wanted it to be

And I blamed people for it.

:conspiracy:"Monster"

:michiru: I didn't pay enough attention to what others wanted the site to be and didn't realize that my own vision and practisism was actually troubling what I thought was an objective statement, but really wasn't.

And to all those that this affected, and troubled (especially OriginalRen).

I'd like to appologize

I still think what I say is what's best for the website (because it's my personnal belief), but the means, the way of telling things and convincing others - even when they weren't meant to be ironic or sarcastic (which I did to much a few weeks ago) - were wrong. I didn't realise the message I wanted to give wasn't received the way I would, but by other peole, with other opinions and personnalities.

This lead me to have today quite an awful reputation, which I now understand I mostly deserve.

:conspiracy:"Ya bastard !"

This was the first message I wanted to tell.

The second one is I am going to be a lot less active, if not inactive on the forum, if not ded.

And this time I have a valid reason. Some of you may have heared that I got myself banned a couple months ago (I believe). This accomplished nothing and had no valid reason to happen, and I am sorry once again for the trouble.

A good friend of mine, Ame, and myself are going to work on a new website, which should be annouced soon and which's production should start soon. It's not going to be like fuwa fear not, I don't plan to create competition, but it still revolves around Visual Novels and my idea of a website which could promote them.

I'd like to take the time to thanks some people before ending.

:conspiracy:"Nah Shaddup' !"

:michiru:  Please Brah, come on.

Around March, I made friends with a weird group of people, Mellowmadman, Wink Blinkel, Aniki, and Rooke (even though our first encounter was a strong arguement in the Lexicon thread). I'd like to thank every single one of them first. Thanks Mellow for inviting me, thanks Wink for being so nice, thanks Ani for ... being ... yourself I guess (please marry me Ani), and thanks Rooke for baring with me (especially about a month ago) despite being really really old and having those interesting discussions.

I'd also like to thank the osu buddies, Nosebleed,mah first osu buddie, who tried so hard at the beginning that he got as good as me in half the time, which made me really sad =(, Ceris who's always having a bad day ;p, Kenshin_sama who can play AR8 (How the fuck dude), , Zaka, who rage quited and went to CtB (Filthy casual), Danyboo, who's better than me >=( and Lewy who's superbad and can't even stream 200 bpm (jk, luv u <3).

On a side note, I'd also like to thank Mayumi and Nay for several other reasons.

I'd like to thank random people who have been really really nice to me, such as O'van Bruce, who was my first friend on the forums, Steve, for being super nice and a supportive person on some of my works, Down, cause he's a french and cool guy mod, babiker, cause he's a nice person who's pleasant to talk with, TheMajor, who's easily the funniest guy on fuwanovel, and who I've let down so many times in projects I started that I feel the need to appologize strongly once again, and binaryfail, who I want to appologize to if ever I'm unable to finish the hacking tool project (Which I really hope I'll be able to, this will depends on the amount of work I'm doing in studies, the site, and associations) and who is a guy many many people should be thankful to for making translations possible.

:conspiracy:"There's no way you liked so many people"

:michiru: Yeah I had fun sometimes, I hated it but I had fun (Really i did not hate it, I've had some awesome moments)

I'd like to think I've done - even small - things for fuwa, I'm glad I tried and it's time for me to try my own thing without bothering anyone =). I want to leave fuwa without anymore animosity and on as good terms as possible with everybody here.

Anyway, thanks for the year, Messieurs, Mesdames, and good luck to the entire community, I hope you guys will make Fuwanovel awesome.

Meafdomn (Copyright Steve&Co)

PS: I'm sure I forgot things, but meh, I'm gettin' ol' and cranky.

Er I don't believe we've chatted, hell I don't even know if you knew I was here, but I've seen you post around Fuwanovel for a good while and just thought to tell you that none of your posts really gave me a negative impression. You seem to be a pretty cool guy, regardless of the bad reputation you may have been given.

Rooke (even though our first encounter was a strong arguement in the Lexicon thread). 

Ahahahaha  :nervous: … A good, healthy argument is most likely everybody’s first encounter with me :3. It’s uhm… good for the soul. Heh, sorry :(.

Rooke for baring with me (especially about a month ago) despite being really really old and having those interesting discussions.

You’re very welcome, I enjoyed those conversations. Feel free to PM me anytime.

PS: I'm sure I forgot things, but meh, I'm gettin' ol' and cranky.

That’s MY idiosyncrasy >:c

PS: Good luck with your website, we'll all head over there when it’s done. Unless it’s written in French, in which case I’ll be there “in spirit.”

Around March, I made friends with a weird group of people

thanks Wink for being so nice

We're weird?! ;~;

First I've heard of this...

More importantly: I'M NICE?! ._.

Even stranger!

In any case, I wish you the best with your new project. Give us some updates every once in a while :3

The lexicon was one of the first things I read when I registered here. My favorite definition was this:
mUhC3QU.jpg
I was like "goddamn it tell me what 'moe' means!@#" :P (I know it's defined later. Still quite a hefty definition though~)

~~~
Good luck to you on the new site! I'll visit sometime when it's up and running :D

Wtf is going on today? Well, I got mentioned, much honored.

I find it really sad that you're leaving, it's really a shame considering how hard you tried with your projects and even helping me, who was a newcomer completely random at the time. I will be looking forward to your website and I wish you only the best with it. Also, I hope you manage to finish your hacking tool project, it's such an amazing idea and would surely be helpful. Guess that's all I can really say right now, but let me thank you once again for helping me so much back then. I doubt I'd have made any other project if not for your absolute support on my first one, I'm really grateful!

To maefdomn,

Take care of yourself, and don't think you ever need to apologize to me. You're an excellent person who has a lot of vision for things that I am not able to grasp, but in the end you do what you do because you are a passionate and wonderful individual.

I hope you reach for the stars and do something amazing someday. Thank you for the memories, and godspeed.

I'd like to appologize

I still think what I say is what's best for the website (because it's my personnal belief), but the means, the way of telling things and convincing others - even when they weren't meant to be ironic or sarcastic (which I did to much a few weeks ago) - were wrong. I didn't realise the message I wanted to give wasn't received the way I would, but by other peole, with other opinions and personnalities.

Pffft, weakling. 

Sarcasm solves everything!

I'm disappointed in you. Very much so.  :angry:

Well, best of luck and whatnot. Let us hope the new year means something.

babiker, cause he's a nice person who's pleasant to talk with, 

The honor of being on the list.... Has been attained!

I never  :bow:  to people, but if I could, I would for you Maef  ^_^

But seriously man, thanks for remembering me, even though all I ever did was chat with you a handful of times xD. I really needed that. I wish the best of luck for you and your new site! ;)

RIP Team Sea Slug. The dream lives on forever.

rJWsAkD.png

serious time

Maef, ol' buddy ol' pal, when it comes to apologies, you don't owe me anything. I'm sad to see you go, but at the same time I'm excited for you with this new project you mentioned. I'm glad that we got to work together in the past (whether it be the data extraction thread, fuwanovel podcast videos, or even teamed up for games), and I hope we get the chance to team up again in the future (seriously). So tell me about this new website sometime over skype or something, I'd love to hear about it.

Well maef... wherever you go, whatever you do, may you always find happiness and may your pizza always be delicious.

The forums changed so much in a year? I joined in February. Where the hell have I been? I feel like I missed out.

It seems I missed out on knowing ya, maef. It's unfortunate seeing anyone leave.

Edit: Wait, I joined in June. My conception of time over the past few years has been very off.