What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

I might have seen it in a brighter light if I hadn't watched it while it was airing, I think that factors in too, waiting every single week for an episode of pain wasn't exactly thrilling.

The difference between you and me is that you can still enjoy mindless teenage drama, I've already gotten tired of it.

I've corrected it a bit ;) ... I always like that sort of show and I think the older I become the more I like it (maybe because my own teenage drama is now far far away ;) ) ...

But I think it really would be hard to watch it weekly. Thats the reason I don't do that and prefer to wait a few months to watch the whole thing.

Waaaaaah I can't even write a proper review for AnoHana because I'm afraid I might break my keyboard with all the tears  :kosame:

Basically me during episode 5-11:

2zftnrn.jpg

AnoHana was good but honestly I wasn't emotionally touched by that as many of you. Maybe I'm just cold hearted :P

So and now something to my own watching status... Still watching Barakamon. It's really funny but also a bit emotionally sometimes, at least for me. Only 3 Ep left. It goes without saying that I also enjoying the rewatching of KoukoGolden Time ;)

Episode 18 of Nagi no Asukara

Misc. Comments(spoilers)

Quick summary about how I feel about the characters so far:

Hikari:  Matures at an excellent pace. Episode 1 he is so pro-fish / anti-pig / Tsumugu hater but by Episode 13 is able to be on good terms with everybody (well, except his own friends *cough* Manaka* >.>)

P.S. Totally felt soo bad for Hikari when Manaka shrugs off his hug (Episode 9). They really captured his shocked expression wonderfully:

yVvpcNJ.jpg

6Ampxmi.jpg

UvKOa0C.jpg

Manaka: I adore her so much. Yes she's a complete trainwreck when it comes to.. idk... common sense(?) in her interactions with others, but there's just something very charming in how earnest she is.

• Looks up Tsumugu's family name (Kihara) because Hikari was mad that she called Tsumugu by his first name.
  • Tried to annoy Uroko-sama so she could be cursed with the fish-knee again since Tsumugu thought it was cute
  • ...and a bunch of other little things <3

Chisaki: she's hot. 'Nuff said. Oh wait, she's 14 isn't she? LOL fine, she's pretty~ *Waits for Episode 14 time-skip* Woot she's 19 now. And even more hot! /creep

Kaname: This guy's the pebble on the side of the road.  Lel jk jk, but really Kaname's presence is soo little. He can't have any rivalry-bro moments with Hikari cuz that's reserved for Tsumugu, and both Chisaki+Manaka like Hikari+Tsumugu. The fact that he likes Chisaki just feels slapped on to complete the love triangle. (She's hot though so you get +1 for good taste).

Tsumugu: Typical 'silent, cool guy' type. But unfortunately he lacks the cool factor for me. I don't see why Manaka oogles over him >.>. c'mon girl, he compliments you once and all of a sudden you're head over heels for him?!!! The 'love-at-first-sight' moments are lame as well.

Miuna + Sayu: Love their dynamics. Also really love how they're just kids pre-time skip and then become teenagers post-time skip. Obvious is obvious but it's such a treat to actually get to see characters growing up~

Akari: I kinda felt ehh about Akari because I was being selfish and wanted the story to focus more on the main crew instead, but her story was actually pretty well done now that I think about it

~~~
Really enjoying how the time skip was handled. It changed alot of the character interactions & dynamics in a very interesting way; Chisaki + Tsumugu being 5 years older than Hikari + Kaname who are now the same age as Miuna + Sayu. Also, wow I totally didn't even realize Miuna was crushing on Hikari (and Sayu with Kaname).

Hikari x Chisaki reunion was wonderful~

pnsiKeR.jpg

The mutual relationship b/w Chisaki + Tsumugu is interesting to watch. Especially when they took in Kaname. Just makin' tea together in silence >.>. What are the odds of these two becoming a couple?

vGgO2Ca.jpg

~~~

Looking forward to how Manaka will fit in with everybody when / IF they find her

Still awaiting the Avalanche of Overdramatic Annoyance~

Episode 18 of Nagi no Asukara

Misc. Comments(spoilers)

Quick summary about how I feel about the characters so far:

Hikari:

Matures at an excellent pace. Episode 1 he is so pro-fish / anti-pig / Tsumugu hater but by Episode 13 is able to be on good terms with everybody (well, except his own friends *cough* Manaka* >.>)

P.S. Totally felt soo bad for Hikari when Manaka shrugs off his hug (Episode 9). They really captured his shocked expression wonderfully:

yVvpcNJ.jpg

6Ampxmi.jpg

UvKOa0C.jpg

Manaka: I adore her so much. Yes she's a complete trainwreck when it comes to.. idk... common sense(?) in her interactions with others, but there's just something very charming in how earnest she is.

• Looks up Tsumugu's family name (Kihara) because Hikari was mad that she called Tsumugu by his first name.
  • Tried to annoy Uroko-sama so she could be cursed with the fish-knee again since Tsumugu thought it was cute
  • ...and a bunch of other little things <3
Chisaki: she's hot. 'Nuff said. Oh wait, she's 14 isn't she? LOL fine, she's pretty~ *Waits for Episode 14 time-skip* Woot she's 19 now. And even more hot! /creep

Kaname: This guy's the pebble on the side of the road. Lel jk jk, but really Kaname's presence is soo little. He can't have any rivalry-bro moments with Hikari cuz that's reserved for Tsumugu, and both Chisaki+Manaka like Hikari+Tsumugu. The fact that he likes Chisaki just feels slapped on to complete the love triangle.

Tsumugu: Typical 'silent, cool guy' type. But unfortunately he lacks the cool factor for me. I don't see why Manaka oogles over him >.>. c'mon girl, he compliments you once and all of a sudden you're head over heels for him?!!! The 'love-at-first-sight' moments are lame as well.

Miuna + Saya: Love their dynamics. Also really love how they're just kids pre-time skip and then become teenagers post-time skip. Obvious is obvious but it's such a treat to actually get to see characters growing up~

Akari: I kinda felt ehh about Akari because I was being selfish and wanted the story to focus more on the main crew instead, but her story was actually pretty well done now that I think about it

~~~

Really enjoying how the time skip was handled. It changed alot of the character interactions & dynamics in a very interesting way; Chisaki + Tsumugu being 5 years older than Hikari + Kaname who are now the same age as Miuna + Sayu. Also, wow I totally didn't even realize Miuna was crushing on Hikari (and Sayu with Kaname).

Hikari x Chisaki reunion was wonderful~

pnsiKeR.jpg

The mutual relationship b/w Chisaki + Tsumugu is interesting to watch. Especially when they took in Kaname. Just makin' tea together in silence >.>. What are the odds of these two becoming a couple?

vGgO2Ca.jpg

~~~

Looking forward to how Manaka will fit in with everybody when/if they find her

Still awaiting the Avalanche of Overdramatic Annoyance~

If you've gotten this far without being too annoyed by the drama you might be fine for the rest of the show. Though there's more dramatic stuff coming soon

At first I'm glad Eclipsed is more on my side and is enjoying Nagi no Asukara  :makina:

Also finished Barakamon and enjoyed it. It was a really funny show with a little bit emotional substance. I liked to watch it and I gave it an 8 / 10 in the end. I will then take a few days off from anime's (but don't worry it will be that long ;) )

Couldn't help myself and so I pulled an Ezee and blitzed the rest of Nagi no Asukara. I'll miss this beautiful world ;-;

Misc. Comments(spoilers)

Overall I enjoyed the drama more than I got annoyed by it. Then again this is like my first teenage drama love triangle anime so according to Nosebleed I should last another 99 anime before I get sick of it 8D

My only complaint is that we didn't get any screentime of the post-relationships. Whoop-dee-doo spend 26 episodes to finally get together k that was fun pce out.

Time to review the couples:

Hikari x Manaka: SEMI-APPROVE. Pre-time skip I shipped these two pretty hard. Post-time skip they lost a HUGE amount of chemistry because of too much shit going on and, well, poor Miuna huh >.>

Tsumugu x Chisaki: HIGHLY APPROVE. Totally didn't realize that the whole 'mutual' atmosphere of these two was because Chisaki was purposely withholding her emotions because of her previous 'don't want to change' belief causing her to feel guilt if she were to find happiness and move on while her friends were stuck hibernating. Overall, out of all couples, I like their story on how they got together the most~

Kaname x Sayu: APPROVE. Side characters should get some love too <3. I actually felt bad for Kaname when Sayu confessed to him. Although I brushed him off as a 'pebble on the side of the road' it turns out that was his exact concern: he had nobody waiting for him. Or so he thought.

Miuna x Fodder Boy: HIGHLY DISAPPROVE. Obviously it's left in the open whether or not Miuna will give that one guy a chance, but damn this girl got shafted hard didn't she >.>. Someone's got to lose~

~~~

Btw, Chisaki's my favorite character.

Can Chisaki x Tsumugu get any more awkward

4oigRy1.jpg

5 years of this? Mind telling me how'd they fall in love again? :P

10/10 Chisaki

G5HvhZw.jpg

They're obviously staring because of how beautiful she is rather than the hilarious situation she got herself into  :lol:

Sorry, *boys*. Chisaki's reserved for Tsumugu~ #Hibernating5YearsTooStronk #GetOnTsumugo'sLevel

SFwC4wR.jpg

TzGvgBA.jpg

Tsk tsk tsk Hikari. Should've accepted Chisaki's confession when you had the chance.

Couldn't help myself and so I pulled an Ezee and blitzed the rest of Nagi no Asukara. I'll miss this beautiful world ;-;

Misc. Comments(spoilers)

Overall I enjoyed the drama more than I got annoyed by it. Then again this is like my first teenage drama love triangle anime so according to Nosebleed I should last another 99 anime before I get sick of it 8D

My only complaint is that we didn't get any screentime of the post-relationships. Whoop-dee-doo spend 26 episodes to finally get together k that was fun pce out.

Time to review the couples:

Hikari x Manaka: SEMI-APPROVE. Pre-time skip I shipped these two pretty hard. Post-time skip they lost a HUGE amount of chemistry because of too much shit going on and, well, poor Miuna huh >.>

Tsumugu x Chisaki: HIGHLY APPROVE. Totally didn't realize that the whole 'mutual' atmosphere of these two was because Chisaki was purposely withholding her emotions because of her previous 'don't want to change' belief causing her to feel guilt if she were to find happiness and move on while her friends were stuck hibernating. Overall, out of all couples, I like their story on how they got together the most~

Kaname x Sayu: APPROVE. Side characters should get some love too <3. I actually felt bad for Kaname when Sayu confessed to him. Although I brushed him off as a 'pebble on the side of the road' it turns out that was his exact concern: he had nobody waiting for him. Or so he thought.

Miuna x Fodder Boy: HIGHLY DISAPPROVE. Obviously it's left in the open whether or not Miuna will give that one guy a chance, but damn this girl got shafted hard didn't she >.>. Someone's got to lose~

~~~

Btw, Chisaki's my favorite character.

Can Chisaki x Tsumugu get any more awkward

4oigRy1.jpg

So uhh how'd they fall in love again? :P

10/10 Chisaki

G5HvhZw.jpg

They're obviously staring because of how beautiful she is rather than the hilarious situation she got herself into  :lol:

Sorry, *boys*. Chisaki's reserved for Tsumugu~ #Hibernating5YearsTooStronk #GetOnTsumugo'sLevel

SFwC4wR.jpg

TzGvgBA.jpg

Tsk tsk tsk Hikari. Should've accepted Chisaki's confession when you had the chance.

I love you for that :P ... I think everyone should use that phrase now  :wahaha:

Nice that you liked it. But unfortunately you wrong with best character -> definetly Miuna ;) ...

Funny thing about that show -> MAL recommendations to that: Shinsekai Yori -> We all know what I think about that ;)

I won't judge you for that because Chisaki is also awesome... I liked most of the Characters but somehow I'm not such a big fan of Manaka.

What really was great was the development of Hikari. At first I did not like him a lot but he kind of "matured" during that whole thing.

Miuna is definitely the best character in that show. Eclipsed has good taste.

She had the best development of all the characters but the show just falcon punches her in the face.

The only character I truly disliked was Manaka. She is literally the embodiment of my pet peeves and hatred and I can't see her under any different light.

Cries and runs away all the time, clueless as shit, still loved in the end

Is frozen in time for years while everyone else was having progress, still loved in the end

Other characters worked really hard to try and get closed to the protagonist while she didn't do jack shit, still gets the protagonist.

Fuck you Manaka.

I seriously hoped the entire show that she had died, but she didn't, and that ending made me want to curl up into a ball and punch a wall.

The rest of the characters were decent and I don't feel too strongly about them (another reason why I didn't rate the show higher, I didn't feel "too strongly" about the rest of the cast despite the show's attempts at showing their progress, this is particularly prevalent with the show's male characters who, for the most part, were pretty meh)

Opinions on rest of the characters:

Tsumugu is shown to be all cool and stuff but honestly he never really did anything relevant..?

He wasn't bad but he just sat there all the time with a cool expression, only near the end did we get to see more of his true feelings and even then he almost always kept his poker face.

Don't know what's up with that.

I didn't dislike him, but I didn't feel too strongly about him, and this reverts back to "the male characters are kind of not that interesting"

Kaname was alright though I didn't like the whole thing with him being the third wheel for Chisaki, I thought he could have been better than that. But in the end he wasn't so bad.

Chisaki was someone I rooted for initially, because I shipped her with Hikari way more than I did Manaka, but over the course of the show lost interest in her because the drama around her character was always the same... always... the same.. thing... do I change? Do I not change? 

God, pls stahp.

Thankfully Tsumugu was there to listen to her worries or else she'd have driven me insane at some point.

Sayu. This girl gets a cookie for effort. 

I really liked seeing her progress and I'm saddened that the show didn't pay much attention to her when she was really interesting.

Opinions on the couples

Hikari x Manaka. NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE 

I'm still sour about this, the ending was garbage because of this, they just confess their love for each other and pretend like all the shit that happened before doesn't matter, fuck you Manaka, you're the reason we went through all this crap. Don't play innocent with me!

The correct ship would have to be Hikari x Miuna

This girl tried her best, why did you have to be such a douchebag and leave her behind, Hikari!?

I'll never accept Hikari x Manaka

Moving on..

Kaname x Sayu

Good for you Sayu. I ship this.

Though Kaname was kind of a douchebag to her, Sayu's development and efforts made it more interesting and I'm glad he realized her feelings and is paying more attention to her now.

Tsumugu x Chisaki

Meh. I feel like, out of all couples, this one was the least interesting, because the development between them was so overshadowed and predictable and the show didn't really show us much to care about these two being together aside from Tsumugu later on confessing his love, but even then the show hardly pays much attention to detail with the two and just sort of ends up lumping them together through the chain of events. Chisaki was just sort of left behind and Tsumugu took her in and then they sorta get together. Nothing too outstanding, but nothing to hate either.

Last issue I had with the show

The ending, that ending was so... boring.. so... anticlimatic.

We went through 26 episodes of drama for just a kthnxbai

No epilogue or anything.

Come on...

Summary of how i felt

Pros

Great art (more interesting under the sea)

Great soundtrack

Interesting setting which was fully explored

More than half of the cast is interesting to watch

Fully developed relationships

Cons

The characters that are annoying really stood out which downgraded my experience

Best girl didn't win, and on top of that worst girl won

Drama was sometimes overdone and felt repetitive, too much teenage angst

Ending was meh

Overall, the drama was really intense in some parts which sometimes became a little choking, what I also disliked was the character it usually focused around, AKA Manaka, who I hated.

But other times the drama fell in place, I legit teared at some points because of some of the other characters, AKA anyone but Manaka.

The setting was nice, but I thought the whole paralel with the story of the sea was pretty meh and quite frankly boring and cliche.

The art was lovely, though I think it was more interesting under the sea, shame they weren't under the sea for 80% of the show.

Soundtrack was also great, I still have all the singles and still listen to them.

So yeah, I ended up giving it an 8/10, I won't let the character I hate the most drag down my experience, but the show still hit some of my pet peeves, but overall a nice journey albeit for the rocky ending and somewhat shakey episodes in between.

Moe doesn't excuse the shit she made everyone else go through :(

B-b-but she's just an innocent girl you know, just 14 years old and all you know.... and especially after the second half....

.......Ah who am I kidding, should've make her die for more tragedy and then reincarnate her as the embodiment of Sea God with an 180 personality switch. That way it'll make her a proper Moe Jesus.

Doubling up on AnoHana & Kokoro Connect (Episode 2). Both look promising so far~

~~
So it's been like a month now since I ditched VNs started watching anime

Chronological Order

• Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
  • Trinity Seven
  • Non Non Biyori
  • Machine Doll wa Kizutsukanai
  • No Game No Life
  • Tokyo Ravens
  • Strike the Blood
  • Black Bullet
  • Accel World
  • Kiniro Mosaic (still ongoing)
  • Outbreak Company (still ongoing)
  • Kyoukai no Kanata
  • Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
  • Shinsekai Yori
  • Nagi no Asukara

Started off with harem shows, picked up some slice-of-life to watch on the side, then moved onto action, and now group of friends in a fantasy or society influenced environment 8D

Fun fun fun~