What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

The anime jumps between genre during the episodes. Some parts will the SoL, then stuff goes down, and it turns into fantasy/action, then goes back to being SoL when stuff calms down. And yes, it's plot driven and develops as it goes along. The best comparison I can make for Yuuki Yuuna is a less dark Madoka Magica because of the lighthearted SoL stuff throughout, but not exactly light all the way through either.

Eclipsed, I need your opinion on episode 9 when you get to it, the 2nd half of that episode of one of my favorite scenes in all of anime now.

This post will probably be buried by the time you reach it, but if it isn't (or you come back to it)  this is the scene I am talking about+~2min before

Legit spoilers, seriously, the thumbnail's subtitle is spoiler enough :makina:

The anime jumps between genre during the episodes. Some parts will the SoL, then stuff goes down, and it turns into fantasy/action, then goes back to being SoL when stuff calms down. And yes, it's plot driven and develops as it goes along. The best comparison I can make for Yuuki Yuuna is a less dark Madoka Magica because of the lighthearted SoL stuff throughout, but not exactly light all the way through either.

Eclipsed, I need your opinion on episode 9 when you get to it, the 2nd half of that episode of one of my favorite scenes in all of anime now.

This post will probably be buried by the time you reach it, but if it isn't (or you come back to it)  this is the scene I am talking about+~2min before

Legit spoilers, seriously, the thumbnail's subtitle is spoiler enough :makina:

Hmm sounds interesting, time to put it on the list also.

A less dark version of madoka magica? So its just the mahou shoujo part?

I won't comment on the plot for spoiler reasons. But more in common than just being a magical girl anime, as "less dark" doesn't exactly mean light.

Ok, so some psychological elements but a mixture of them and slice of life moments?

Definitely seems like something I will check out.  

The starting parts of Yuuki Yuuna are good/ok types but the last 4 eps are just great. At the start the plot is pretty loose(general SoL) and most of the stuff is light-hearted, but it takes a big shift later on after a certain 'revelation' and the story becomes darker and much more plot oriented. 

I just realized I didn't even look at your spoiler or ~+2minutes before thing sooo whoops if completely unrelated lel

Oh gawd, that 2nd half. The 1st half with the revelation was a bit expected that Mankai form's after effects were permanent along with the faeries binding Heroes to their duty/not allowing Heroes to die

(btw, GG Yuna for losing her taste, and Itsuki for losing her voice. Togo & Fu got off easy by only losing half their hearing & sight respectively. God this show would be depressing if Togo was completely deaf and Fu completely blind huh >.>)

But man, Fu's Heroic BSOD was definitely one of the scenes I've ever seen indeed.

It's magnified by the fact that Fu is the responsible type- President of the Hero club, acts as a mother to her sister (I *really* enjoyed the slice of life moment in Episode 4 showing a typical morning for the sisters) so to have her of all people finally break down was very emotionally impactful. I FELT her guilt for involving her friends; her despair at the realization that Itsuki would never be able to live out her dream of singing (the buildup for the singing thing was really well done imo... 1. Get a phone call that Itsuki's audition was accepted by a music agency 2. Explore Itsuki's room and see all of her research on how to improve her voice 3. Go through Itsuki's laptop to see even more research on how to improve her voice.. and.. stumble upon her actual audition file 4. Listen to it (I missed Itsuki's voice ;-; and then finally crack once Itsuki's actual singing starts)

And boy did I feel her rage at the Taishi for essentially being the cause of this. Even worse, lieing that they'll get better to give them false hope. I wholeheartedly cheered her on in her mad dash for the Taishi headquarters or whatever.

Got a little bit annoyed at Karin for trying to stop her even though it's the right thing to do, and wasn't really convinced by Yuna's talks of "Even if we did know[about the consequences of being Heroes], we still would've done this for the sake for world," but +1 to Yuna for reverse-psychology threatening to go into Mankai form to stop Fu's rampage

Fu finally starts coming to her senses, but her guilt that's been with her since day 1 for involving everybody in the Hero club still persists. "If I never made the Hero club"...

But then Itsuki pops up out of nowhere, takes out that damned supportive letter that her friends gave her which finally relieved her of her stage fright, and writes about how she's actually thankful that she got to be a part of the Hero club because it allowed her to meet such great friends and realize her dream.

Everybody agrees (where's Togo btw) and that's when Fu finally cracks, and me too 8D

~~~

Looking forward to seeing what the rest of the episodes have to offer; FinalChaos did say the last 4 episodes were great, and 9 is just the beginning of them ;)

Oh gawd, that 2nd half. The 1st half with the revelation was a bit expected that Mankai form's after effects were permanent along with the faeries binding Heroes to their duty/not allowing Heroes to die

(btw, GG Yuna for losing her taste, and Itsuki for losing her voice. Togo & Fu got off easy by only losing half their hearing & sight respectively. God this show would be depressing if Togo was completely deaf and Fu completely blind huh >.>)

But man, Fu's Heroic BSOD was definitely one of the scenes I've ever seen indeed.

It's magnified by the fact that Fu is the responsible type- President of the Hero club, acts as a mother to her sister (I *really* enjoyed the slice of life moment in Episode 4 showing a typical morning for the sisters) so to have her of all people finally break down was very emotionally impactful. I FELT her guilt for involving her friends; her despair at the realization that Itsuki would never be able to live out her dream of singing (the buildup for the singing thing was really well done imo... 1. Get a phone call that Itsuki's audition was accepted by a music agency 2. Explore Itsuki's room and see all of her research on how to improve her voice 3. Go through Itsuki's laptop to see even more research on how to improve her voice.. and.. stumble upon her actual audition file 4. Listen to it (I missed Itsuki's voice ;-; and then finally crack once Itsuki's actual singing starts)

And boy did I feel her rage at the Taishi for essentially being the cause of this. Even worse, lieing that they'll get better to give them false hope. I wholeheartedly cheered her on in her mad dash for the Taishi headquarters or whatever.

Got a little bit annoyed at Karin for trying to stop her even though it's the right thing to do, and wasn't really convinced by Yuna's talks of "Even if we did know[about the consequences of being Heroes], we still would've done this for the sake for world," but +1 to Yuna for reverse-psychology threatening to go into Mankai form to stop Fu's rampage

Fu finally starts coming to her senses, but her guilt that's been with her since day 1 for involving everybody in the Hero club still persists. "If I never made the Hero club"...

But then Itsuki pops up out of nowhere, takes out that damned supportive letter that her friends gave her which finally relieved her of her stage fright, and writes about how she's actually thankful that she got to be a part of the Hero club because it allowed her to meet such great friends and realize her dream.

Everybody agrees (where's Togo btw) and that's when Fu finally cracks, and me too 8D

~~~

Looking forward to seeing what the rest of the episodes have to offer; FinalChaos did say the last 4 episodes were great, and 9 is just the beginning of them ;)

Make that last 5 episodes. Starting from episode 8 the show becomes much better. 

And to be honest I never was too interested in cute-girls-doing-cute-things side of SoL, sometimes it's nice but I only tend to appreciate them when they are few and appear only rarely. The starting parts focus on the SoL side and didn't interest me much. I only started really appreciating Yuuki Yuuna from episode 8.

I started really appreciating Yuyuyu at episode 8.

And then the series blew up at episode 10.

It could have been something different from a Madoka clone and have interesting things to tell, but nope.

All the stuff that came up in episode 8 and that promised interesting development get flushed out by the one too much twist.

I started really appreciating Yuyuyu at episode 8.

And then the series blew up at episode 10.

It could have been something different from a Madoka clone and have interesting things to tell, but nope.

All the stuff that came up in episode 8 and that promised interesting development get flushed out by the one too much twist.

Haven't seen Madoka so don't know about that but the twist wasn't too bad. Yeah it was a bit unexpected and there could have been a lot of foreshadowing but it was still alright.

The ending was more or less what I had expected but then any other end wouldn't really fit the show.

Finished today Kokoro Connect... I started it yesterday and watched all 17 episodes until today in the afternoon. SO you can say I loved it. It was a nice plot and they gave me ending I had hoped for so they got a 9 from me...

Now watching Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou and I can already say that I love that also.

Finished today Kokoro Connect... I started it yesterday and watched all 17 episodes until today in the afternoon. SO you can say I loved it. It was a nice plot and they gave me ending I had hoped for so they got a 9 from me...

Now watching Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou and I can already say that I love that also.

IMO the best parts (of an overall amazing anime) are the first arc (the one that the synopsis talked about and made me drop everything and watch it) and Michi Random. Michi Random is just so good, definitely my favorite part of the anime. Also, Kokoro Connect is among my top favorite anime, like, top 10.

Yui and MC that I can't remember the name of helping Yui with her fear of boys :makina:

Also, that episode 5. I had started it, reached episode 5, then when I finished it, I endlessly told my otaku circle of friends to watch it. Everyone was dead silent in the chat during that episode til the end.

I threw my tear soakened pillow at the wall while yelling

I'm so proud of ezee-chan  ^_^

I marathoned Kokoro Connect the day before he started watching it so...

best moment for me were the final four episodes, I could just feel Iori's despair oozing from the screen, it was quite scary tbh...

Oh and yeah Bokura Wa Minna Kawaisou was one of the best shows of 2014 so  :sachi:

How can you marathon these things Ezee xD

I get massive withdrawal if I burn through any series too quickly so I tend to average 4 episodes/day, 6 if I get really hooked.

Ahahahahaha. I marathoned 60 episodes of Hunter x Hunter in two days because, well, Hunter x Hunter.

Anyway, I don't seem to be downloading anything at the moment.

Shikkoku no Sharnoth comes first!

Also. is Kokoro Connect that good?

I didn't think much of it when I watched an episode in the TV.