What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

In between wrapping up S1 of Chihayafuru and S2 of KuroBasu, I ended up marathoning Toradora! That one was pretty fun. I'm not usually into cutesy stuff, but Taiga totally had me hooked on the show. Thinking of starting either Nodame Cantabile or Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo next. Also have True Tears lined up for the anime club.

Nodame Cantabile man.

But Sakurasou is also good.

But Nodame Cantabile man.

I know that most would like Sakurasou...

But Nodame Cantabile man.

Thinking of starting either Nodame Cantabile or Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo next. Also have True Tears lined up for the anime club.

Watch Sakurasou and True Tears. But the reactions from other members seems to like Nodame Cantabile. But I recommend Sakurasou.

Nodame Cantabile is one of the best anime of the decade :3

Really? Interesting.

Finished Tokyo Ravens and I'm wondering, what should I watch? Hanamonogatari, Shakugan no Shana S3, Maken ki! or nichijou

If you enjoy good random comedy I recommend Nichijou. Otherwise Shana.

Finished season 1 of Chihayafuru. Pretty delightful show with some colorful characters.The only exception was Taichi, who I found more irritating than not half the time. In the later half of the season, the way Chihaya struggled with her identity as a player was extremely well executed. With the way things ended, I'm eager to get into season 2. I'm hoping to see more of Arata, though I really liked how his character was used in a limited role.

I was thinking that I'd read the volume which comes exactly after the point where the anime ended. I just want a glimpse of the war nothing else. Could you tell me the volume best suited for this ?

jeesh, due to how long ago that was i actually neded to look than one up.

the anime ends around volume 13, so if you want to start the novels that is a pretty decent start.

jeesh, due to how long ago that was i actually neded to look than one up.

the anime ends around volume 13, so if you want to start the novels that is a pretty decent start.

Yeah I will read volume 14 and then maybe 15 too. I don't plan to go beyond 15 though. After that I shall patiently wait for the season 3 of the anime.

Finished Tokyo Ravens and I'm wondering, what should I watch? Hanamonogatari, Shakugan no Shana S3, Maken ki! or nichijou

If you liked the first two seasons of Shana, the 3rd will be a slap in the face. The romance takes a backseat and the anime focuses on action and a random war that literally comes out of who where, which is the focus of the entire season. Last episode was good though *shrugs* Standalone, it isn't something to hate. Considering the series it comes from and its genre, it's a miserable failure, it goes from seinen to straight up shounen...

Watching Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de aru.

Watched the first episode and it seems good, just hope that I don't get bored if there is too much repetition of the same generic fights and 'daily activities'.

Don't worry, it changes for each ~1/3rd of the show, the final 1/3rd being the best part.

Hanamonogatari, if you liked the Monogatari Series, it's only a natural step, it only takes a bit to finish it anyway.

SnS 3 is horrible, except for the ending. They literally just keep adding more and more elements to the story and try to make the whole thing needlessly huge (escalating is fine, but not in the way SnS does it). Though If you've seen season 1 and 2 you might as well watch season 3 to conclude everything.. even if the journey until the end is awful.

Nichijou is hilariously random, be prepared for sheer stupidity. If you don't enjoy complete randomness and no plot though, don't watch it.

If you liked the first two seasons of Shana, the 3rd will be a slap in the face. The romance takes a backseat and the anime focuses on action and a random war that literally comes out of who where, which is the focus of the entire season. Last episode was good though *shrugs* Standalone, it isn't something to hate. Considering the series it comes from and its genre, it's a miserable failure, it goes from seinen to straight up shounen...

Don't worry, it changes for each ~1/3rd of the show, the final 1/3rd being the best part.

Hanamonogatari, if you liked the Monogatari Series, it's only a natural step, it only takes a bit to finish it anyway.

SnS 3 is horrible, except for the ending. They literally just keep adding more and more elements to the story and try to make the whole thing needlessly huge (escalating is fine, but not in the way SnS does it). Though If you've seen season 1 and 2 you might as well watch season 3 to conclude everything.. even if the journey until the end is awful.

Nichijou is hilariously random, be prepared for sheer stupidity. If you don't enjoy complete randomness and no plot though, don't watch it.

And now I'm scared to watch SnS S3...

Log horizon was amazing. Season 2.. Not so much. Your thoughts?

The whole reason I stopped watching Season 2 was because I came to a sudden realization.

Log Horizon seems to be best whenever you marathon it. I found if I missed a week of Log Horizon season 2, I would enjoy the 2 episodes way more than I normally would. I didn't watch the first season of Log Horizon until it had finished airing, and I was just absolutely engrossed in it.

The arc in the new season that focuses on the female cast is much better marathoned, as you are not waiting week after week wondering when you will get back to Shroe and company. It isn't a bad arc... it just feels like it goes on forever when you watch it weekly.

So I am going to marathon up to where it is now, and then wait until it finishes before I finish it.

TBH season 2 is better for me and some episodes are just downright amazing in terms of pacing and characters. Season 1 doesn't feel as much until the second half of it.

I think the first season had a slow start but about halfway picks up to be amazing. I don't seem to get that same feel with season 2