Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

There are girls among us! :o

It seems you're already hooked.

Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif

Confession: I can't recall any embarrassing stories involving a lack of control over my waste disposal functions, but I used to be extraordinarily good at unknowingly stepping into dog turds and not noticing until way later. Also this one time someone pissed in one of my shoes in school, that was fun.

Trues, but I think most of the people responding here right now are guys.

Lels. Whoever did that is an asshole. I must befriend him.

Being picky in what regard? If you want a hot ass model with D cups and a nice booty, have fun dying alone.

General consensus goes that introverts prefer introverts, but going outside leads you into extroverts, and introverts are much rarer in the outside world unless you're still in high school or college, and most introverts (such as myself) don't really learn the fundamentals of relationships until they've already graduated.  (Though I only went for a half-semester of college before dropping off.)

Most introverts are on the internet, which is where introverts have the highest chance of running into other introverts, but the perceived risk of said female actually being male is enough to make things much more difficult,even if the actual chances aren't as high.  Aside from that, even if you find an actual female, you have to both confirm that their gender is accurate and figure out if they live close enough for such relations to be feasible.  (Anonymity makes this surprisingly difficult.) Long-distance is actually quite difficult, and has difficulty doing well from personal experience, especially for the types of people who don't get out much to begin with.

After that, we get to issues of whether or not trying to communicate would be perceived as being too obvious or pushy.  Even if there were a meet-up place for introverts, your only chances are usually obscure local meet-ups that can be difficult to find, or major conventions for something such as anime that often require large investments, depending on the distance required.  I mean, sure I'd like to find someone with similar interests as me - anime, games, VNs, etc, maybe a fellow aspie, though they aren't essential, but most of the time it's that the tools for introverts for people to find others on the other side of the introvert/extrovert cycle of their preferred gender (estimated to be 25% of the global population) is hard enough, and when you mix location into the mix it can be nigh-impossible to find someone.

~~~

Furthermore, I've noticed that I use the same opening a whole bunch in my writing.  It was a dark and stormy night, and something absolutely horrible is happening to our protagonist!

Furthermore, I've noticed that I use the same opening a whole bunch in my writing.  It was a dark and stormy night, and something absolutely horrible is happening to our protagonist!

I kinda have the opposite problem. Most of my endings are really similar. They try to be poetic, have some symbolism, and has the main character die. Oh, and they're the first thing I write in my stories. I tend to write from the end.

Protip: Just click on the huge Hanako banner at the top of the page.

Clarification: I meant the root for the sub-sub-forum, not for the whole forums. I just noticed the "Back to The Coliseum of Chatter" button at the bottom of the last post, though, so... I guess there is actually a better answer than what I've been doing. Anyway, Hanako banner, really? Some people are still holding onto Gravity Green even though we now have Dark Theme Master Race?

Confession: I'm off work for the next two weeks, of which one week will be spent out of town. While ostensibly I'll be visiting a friend for that time, since he's not going to be off work the whole time, I have, naturally, loaded a VN onto the laptop I'm bringing with me. Next week is Majikoi week! I have to burn the midnight oil and wrap up Comyu before then, though...

I kinda have the opposite problem. Most of my endings are really similar. They try to be poetic, have some symbolism, and has the main character die. Oh, and they're the first thing I write in my stories. I tend to write from the end.

My priority is usually character-first, but plot and beginnings/endings are about promises.  Beginnings set them up, endings fulfill them, and 'plot' is defined as your ability to set those up and fulfill them.  Characters give context to those promises and makes them have meaning, and setting provides a backdrop for the characters to interact.

That's just how I think about it, though.  In-general if you write from the end first, you have to think about what promises that ending fulfills, then set them up in the beginning scenes.

Clarification: I meant the root for the sub-sub-forum, not for the whole forums. I just noticed the "Back to The Coliseum of Chatter" button at the bottom of the last post, though, so... I guess there is actually a better answer than what I've been doing. Anyway, Hanako banner, really? Some people are still holding onto Gravity Green even though we now have Dark Theme Master Race?

Not sure which site you're on, but the only master race here is Gravity Green Master Race.

General consensus goes that introverts prefer introverts, but going outside leads you into extroverts, and introverts are much rarer in the outside world unless you're still in high school or college, and most introverts (such as myself) don't really learn the fundamentals of relationships until they've already graduated.  (Though I only went for a half-semester of college before dropping off.)

Most introverts are on the internet, which is where introverts have the highest chance of running into other introverts, but the perceived risk of said female actually being male is enough to make things much more difficult,even if the actual chances aren't as high.  Aside from that, even if you find an actual female, you have to both confirm that their gender is accurate and figure out if they live close enough for such relations to be feasible.  (Anonymity makes this surprisingly difficult.) Long-distance is actually quite difficult, and has difficulty doing well from personal experience, especially for the types of people who don't get out much to begin with.

After that, we get to issues of whether or not trying to communicate would be perceived as being too obvious or pushy.  Even if there were a meet-up place for introverts, your only chances are usually obscure local meet-ups that can be difficult to find, or major conventions for something such as anime that often require large investments, depending on the distance required.  I mean, sure I'd like to find someone with similar interests as me - anime, games, VNs, etc, maybe a fellow aspie, though they aren't essential, but most of the time it's that the tools for introverts for people to find others on the other side of the introvert/extrovert cycle of their preferred gender (estimated to be 25% of the global population) is hard enough, and when you mix location into the mix it can be nigh-impossible to find someone.

~~~

O.O...... That might just be... the longest piece of bullshit I've ever read! Relying on meeting someone online is pathetic (not talking about dating sites, those are fine. It says that you at least tried to find someone outside). I'm an introvert as well but everyone has to get out there at some point. So there are just as many introverts outside your computer and outside your house as there are extroverts. So just sitting there being a homosexual online until you finally find a girl is just a waste of your life. Just go to school and maybe you'll actually meet people! Take Japanese 101, that's where I met a whole bunch of my anime loving friends.

I'm not tryna tell you what to do, that's not the point. The point is that it's ridiculous to meet girls like that. No game whatsoever. I have stated in one of my previous comments that hikkikomoris don't have the right to complain about being alone.

My priority is usually character-first, but plot and beginnings/endings are about promises.  Beginnings set them up, endings fulfill them, and 'plot' is defined as your ability to set those up and fulfill them.  Characters give context to those promises and makes them have meaning, and setting provides a backdrop for the characters to interact.

That's just how I think about it, though.  In-general if you write from the end first, you have to think about what promises that ending fulfills, then set them up in the beginning scenes.

Hmm, I tend to think more on the themes, I guess. So my endings are about presenting those themes in full force. #pretentious :sachi:

To not derail...

Confession: I would absolutely adore a romance where nothing goes right.

To stay on the dating topic...

There is only one person I am interested in dating. If you're not him, chances are zero. Do I win in my picky-ness? :sachi:

To stay on the Fuwatheme topic...

I would like to use the dark theme, but I can't open spoilers or multi-quote. I stick with FuwaFabulous.

O.O...... That might just be... the longest piece of bullshit I've ever read! Relying on meeting someone online is pathetic (not talking about dating sites, those are fine. It says that you at least tried to find someone outside). I'm an introvert as well but everyone has to get out there at some point. So there are just as many introverts outside your computer and outside your house as there are extroverts. So just sitting there being a homosexual online until you finally find a girl is just a waste of your life. Just go to school and maybe you'll actually meet people! Take Japanese 101, that's where I met a whole bunch of my anime loving friends.

I'm not tryna tell you what to do, that's not the point. The point is that it's ridiculous to meet girls like that. No game whatsoever. I have stated in one of my previous comments that hikkikomoris don't have the right to complain about being alone.

Hm...fair enough, I suppose my logic may have counter arguments.  That said, school has generally resulted in expensive emotional breakdowns from personal experience (another subject entirely), are there any places aside from that you would recommend?

I mean, I'll admit I try to find excuses to get out from time to time, though they're usually accompanying my mother since I have no otherwise method of transportation.  Are the possibilities of being viewed as a creep quite high or is just walking up and attempting to communicate an acceptable option?  Are there spots more accustomed to introverts as opposed to extroverts?  What of the processes required to increase ones' social capabilities

Hmm, I tend to think more on the themes, I guess. So my endings are about presenting those themes in full force. #pretentious :sachi:

To not derail...

Confession: I would absolutely adore a romance where nothing goes right.

To stay on the dating topic...

There is only one person I am interested in dating. If you're not him, chances are zero. Do I win in my picky-ness? :sachi:

To stay on the Fuwatheme topic...

I would like to use the dark theme, but I can't open spoilers or multi-quote. I stick with FuwaFabulous.

Themes for me are more about something that ties things together.  A theme-heavy story has the theme baked into every conflict within, but it's those conflicts that form the basis of the promises as opposed to the themes doing it directly.  You represent the themes in the form of conflicts and characters, then use those pieces to set and fulfill the promises.

Hm...fair enough, I suppose my logic may have counter arguments.  That said, school has generally resulted in expensive emotional breakdowns from personal experience (another subject entirely), are there any places aside from that you would recommend?

I mean, I'll admit I try to find excuses to get out from time to time, though they're usually accompanying my mother since I have no otherwise method of transportation.  Are the possibilities of being viewed as a creep quite high or is just walking up and attempting to communicate an acceptable option?  Are there spots more accustomed to introverts as opposed to extroverts?  What of the processes required to increase ones' social capabilities

If those are serious questions then pm me cause we'll get waaaaayy off topic from the thread. 

Agreed, the only two crushes I had in my life were about as outgoing as you can be, except on the oposite ends of the moral spectrum. While my moral compass could serve as a centrifuge and  I'm so introverted my life is constantly threatened by the blackhole known as my bum. The type of person I am most attracted to would be essentially my polar opposite, because I have a severe case of self loathing. If I encountered my female equivalent I would put her out of her misery, before she could put me out of my misery because males generaly have a stronger build.

Or I may simply be agreeing because every online dating site compatibility test I've taken told me I had no compatible matches in the entire world and that I should just expect to die a lonely death, because I'm a unconformist bastard that shouldn't breed.

^There that was sort of a confession so I'm still on topic^

Agreed, the only two crushes I had in my life were about as outgoing as you can be, except on the oposite ends of the moral spectrum. While my moral compass could serve as a centrifuge and  I'm so introverted my life is constantly threatened by the blackhole known as my bum. The type of person I am most attracted to would be essentially my polar opposite, because I have a severe case of self loathing. If I encountered my female equivalent I would put her out of her misery, before she could put me out of my misery because males generaly have a stronger build.

Or I may simply be agreeing because every online dating site compatibility test I've taken told me I had no compatible matches in the entire world and that I should just expect to die a lonely death, because I'm a unconformist bastard that shouldn't breed.

^There that was sort of a confession so I'm still on topic^

Wow. That was pretty heavy dude. When you said you'd "put her out of her misery" I really hope you meant that you'd help her overcome her probs.

This is waaaaayyyyyyyy off topic but since conversations like this have started, there should be an advice thread. Where people post their probs (if they feel comfortable) and other people give them advice about it. Is there a thread like that already here somewhere?

Wow. That was pretty heavy dude. When you said you'd "put her out of her misery" I really hope you meant that you'd help her overcome her probs.

This is waaaaayyyyyyyy off topic but since conversations like this have started, there should be an advice thread. Where people post their probs (if they feel comfortable) and other people give them advice about it. Is there a thread like that already here somewhere?

Not that I know of.  Though Coliseum threads are usually a bit more lenient on this kind of stuff - they're a lot less serious than the more focused boards.  Something like that would probably go in the Member's Lounge.

I don't think so, you may as well start one.

You needed a compatibility test to tell you that? Get on my level, scrub. :illya:

Of course I would help her overcome her problems..... with chloroform and Satoshi's bat. In all seriousness you shouldn't worry, I have a dark sense of humor which usually entails me picking fun at myself. If I hear Don't Fear the Reaper I'm not going to spontaneously walk in front of traffic or cut myself with the cardboard cutter I stole from walmart (Haha! another confession keeping this on topic!) that I keep around to cut any possible gay rapists or Republicans.

Not that I know of.  Though Coliseum threads are usually a bit more lenient on this kind of stuff - they're a lot less serious than the more focused boards.  Something like that would probably go in the Member's Lounge.

Bruh, where's that pm? Ain't serious about it? If no one gives a shit I'll answer your q's here, unless (again) they weren't serious.

Of course I would help her overcome her problems..... with chloroform and Satoshi's bat. In all seriousness you shouldn't worry, I have a dark sense of humor which usually entails me picking fun at myself. If I hear Don't Fear the Reaper I'm not going to spontaneously walk in front of traffic or cut myself with the cardboard cutter I stole from walmart (Haha! another confession keeping this on topic!) that I keep around to cut any possible gay rapists or Republicans.

Nah manz, I'll worry. I like talkin to people about this stuff. Which is why I said there should be a separate thread so this stuff can be talked about without getting in the way of people who're tryna confess.

Bwahaha if you come across a rapist pleaaase cut off his dick. Dunno why that isn't a real punishment for them xD

Bruh, where's that pm? Ain't serious about it? If no one gives a shit I'll answer your q's here, unless (again) they weren't serious.

Nah manz, I'll worry. I like talkin to people about this stuff. Which is why I said there should be a separate thread so this stuff can be talked about without getting in the way of people who're tryna confess.

Bwahaha if you come across a rapist pleaaase cut off his dick. Dunno why that isn't a real punishment for them xD

I'm writing it, just doing something on the side as well.  xD

Confession: I'm back in America. 

Things I miss from California that Asia didn't have

Good pizza and hamburgers being the average here

Naturally curvy women being the average here.

Things I miss in Asian that California doesn't have:

The awesome variety of food I could pick just walking  10 steps out of my hotel/house/living area.

Life is literally everywhere in Asia. California for all the population density it has, feels so barren in comparison.

Confession: I'm back in America. 

Things I miss from California that Asia didn't have

Good pizza and hamburgers being the average here

Naturally curvy women being the average here.

Things I miss in Asian that California doesn't have:

The awesome variety of food I could pick just walking  10 steps out of my hotel/house/living area.

Life is literally everywhere in Asia. California for all the population density it has, feels so barren in comparison.

Welcome back!

Confession: You'd better tell us about your trip. :sachi:

Confession: I hate when my friends talk to me when I'm online and they don't leave me alone, I can't even log into steam anymore >_>, I know my personality and character sucks so I can't just tell them to leave me alone for a while, I'm too weak  :vinty:

As for DeepBlue (cant seem to figure out how to quote you since my message disappears every time I change the page) That bitch sounds extra crazy. I hope you guys are 15, cause this sounds like some high school bullshit. If she's any older, then she needs to consider growing up.

I'm 25 and she is...I wont say because I know your response already xD btw she talked to me again today and we settled the things out...finally.

btw you talk in the exact same way as another forum female member, I'm afraid you can even be her clone! :P

Yeah~ I got a steam account working, and tried the Cat Lady game out, thanks! I've only played a little bit of the introduction so far, but it's already so interesting ^^ I want to find out what's going on soon.  I like scary, horror story games that don't require me to shoot, and blow things up  :wacko: (cause I suck at them)

There is no action or anything just some puzzles and it is mostly and adventure horror game with a 2d perspective really weird but it works and the art style is unique but really good too.

T-t-t-t-taco-senpai is back!!!@#

Wb Wb :D

Welcome back!

Confession: You'd better tell us about your trip. :sachi:

Why thank you. However technically, I never left Fuwa! 

I'll detail some of my experiences later, including how I fought a massive flu on the day of my departure, and enduring an 11hr flight with chronic diarrhea - how praying at the Narita Temple lifted my diarrhea curse and henceforth...