Clannad Kickstarter soon - Sekai Project

Rose

Poor wallet, Clannad. WAS and Grisaia (probably) on my funding list 1 month before Christmas. This isn't even funny. But I am waiting a bit longer before I give something. I am reluctant to kickstarters. But I guess that's what they have to do. I don't really see where they would get sponsors or founders for a game of this quality.

Mangagamer routinely charges $45 or $50 for digital versions of medium to long VNs. Deardrops and DC2 are $45, Harukoi Otome is $50. Deardrops isn't even very long, so that price point is pretty annoying. ef - the first tale is $30, ef - the latter tale is $35, making it $65 for the full story, which is probably half the total word count of Clannad. MG only sells limited physical copies, and when they do they're pretty expensive. Although ef's current limited edition hard copy is $60, cheaper than the sum total of both parts, that's not really common for them.

VNs are pretty expensive in Japan and MG seems to be keeping to the Japanese price standards, while Sekai Project seems to be trying to cut people deals because 1) the games they're releasing are already fan translated and not new and 2) they probably realize that the games can't reach the level of success they want with the prices MG charges. 

The physical copy of Clannad costs $4.80. 480 yen my friends, and it includes a trading card, an OST CD and some other thing I don't know how to read in Japanese.

But thats in that weird language no one can read, and because no one can read it, Fuwanovel exists. 

Still, I'd pay $60 for a physical edition of Clannad that already was translated if I had a disc drive on my PC. 

The physical copy of Clannad costs $4.80. 480 yen my friends, and it includes a trading card, an OST CD and some other thing I don't know how to read in Japanese.

Witch edition? Pre-owned or brand new? In what condition? Because depending on those factors, the price can range from a few hundred yen to over 20000 (from a quick look at Amazon.jp, the most expensive version I found was 22.800ï¿¥ = almost 200$).

Generally, I'd say ~80$ is a decent price for a brand new physical copy of a medium-long VN. In other words, all official English releases so far are actually cheap.

Witch edition? Pre-owned or brand new? In what condition? Because depending on those factors, the price can range from a few hundred yen to over 20000 (from a quick look at Amazon.jp, the most expensive version I found was 22.800ï¿¥ = almost 200$).

Generally, I'd say ~80$ is a decent price for a brand new physical copy of a medium-long VN. In other words, all official English releases so far are actually cheap.

Brand new. Literally fresh out of Sofmap.

Any links? The only brand new edition of Clannad (for PC) I found available on Sofmap was for 5,702Â¥ (link), but I'm not familiar with that shop so maybe I missed something.

He probably saw it in the shop itself in Japan, but I suspect it was second-hand - even though second-hand games are often in a really good state in Japan.

^ Ah, if that's the case, the price is wouldn't be that surprising. You can get second-hand stuff in great condition really cheaply. Though from what I heard, getting new copies for ridiculously low prices is also quite possible, when you are in Japan in person and know where to look for them.

Still no word on those stretch goals. Apparently the ETA for those is "a day or two" but I remember reading the same thing a few days ago ...

I wouldn't mind a console port, my sister loves Clannad but staring at a computer screen for long periods sets off her migraines. She could play it on console though :3