nohman

The Fuwanovel List of Notable OELVNs

https://vndb.org/v4738

I dont know if you guys have read this one, but it's calles Shira Oka: Second Chances.

It was a few years ago that I read it but I thought it was pretty sweet :)

If you think I am wrong, pls tell me your opinions!

edit: Well, to be honest(tbh)

saying it is pretty sweet is really underappreciating this VN. It is actually pretty great and if you have any questions about it please don't hesitate to ask. I always like to help where I can :)

It was alright, tbh it REALLY depends on who's story you go into. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say some were downright bad, but a few actually did give me the feels.

Also, I hesistate to add this to the list, but technically "Sword of Asumi" is a Oelvn... Had a GREAT concept behind it, but the final product was pretty bare-bones and disappointing.

How do I download the game? I thought I got the 'patch' but couldnt get it working :o

It's indeed a tad confusing what the project page and what the download page is, so here you go :). The patch should be included in the latest version and was just a fix for some little features Ren'Py has. Nothing really important.

I noticed when I start the game theres 2 parts/episodes - "Death Rule" and "The Last Code", which one do I read/play first? Thanks :)

They are both two independent stories set in the same universe and written by different authors. That means the objectives and personalities of the characters differ between the two stories. It doesn't really matter in which order you read them, but better give both a try.

"The Final Rule" is from the co-author, has a cast that is totally nuts and psychotic and doesn't focus much on the backstory or characters. Expect lots of action and atmosphere here. My personal favourite part of the VN.

"Lost Code" is from the main-author, has a normal and humane cast and focuses more on the overall backstory and characters. It's good, but I thought it stumbled in the end a bit, as the relationship fuss felt a bit off and was either too shallow or too long for my tastes.

First off, great work! and onto the main topic at hand...i've only read two titles from there "Katawa Shoujo" and "Long live the queen"(which i didn't finish because i couldn't quite get into it) i didn't know of many more oelvn's aside from those two and the ones i did know weren't particularily good so i'm glad this topic and list were made and i'll be sure to check out some of these.

Ps: Loved Katawa Shoujo and would've loved to see more Vn's by Four leaf...sadly haven't heard of anything from them (anyone?)

First off, great work! and onto the main topic at hand...i've only read two titles from there "Katawa Shoujo" and "Long live the queen"(which i didn't finish because i couldn't quite get into it) i didn't know of many more oelvn's aside from those two and the ones i did know weren't particularily good so i'm glad this topic and list were made and i'll be sure to check out some of these.

Ps: Loved Katawa Shoujo and would've loved to see more Vn's by Four leaf...sadly haven't heard of anything from them (anyone?)

4LS never intended to make other games. Some members, like Aura and weee, are pretty active on social media, but the team as we know it is no longer active.

Only just realized this thread exists. I have to say myself that I don't think Bermuda deserves to be on there. It is an older title that I made a lot of management mistakes with. If my newer titles are ever deemed worthy, I am honored, but I think there are more deserving titles than Bermuda.