Okami

41 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer to watch Anime

• Marathoning
    • Watching weekly
    • At my own piece (2-5 episodes)
    • Marathoning old anime but watching weekly curently airing ones

This poll is closed to new votes

So how do you prefer to watch Anime? In my case I am always marathoning and watching 1 10-26 eps anime for 1 day, the only time I don't finish watching 1 anime in 1 day is when it's impossible because anime has more eps then it's possible to watch it in 1 day (I am talking about anime like Fairy Tail, Bleach, Naruto... that have hundreds of episodes) and in that case I just watch 30-40 eps a day. Other exception would be for OVA series that 1 eps comes every 6 month or so (Like for example Kiss X Sis), but other then that I always marathon Anime, I wouldn't be satisfied otherwise, 2-5 eps a day is too little for me and let's not even talk about 1 ep a week.  So what about you? How do you prefer to watch Anime?

I watch airing stuff weekly either because it's an anime I wouldn't have picked up otherwise but feel like I can 20 minutes a week to watch when I have some time, or because I'm interested and a lot of the discussion around the anime happens while it airs, which is an important part for me.

Otherwise... I used to marathon but I got burned out of that pretty quickly. I prefer watching at a more leisure pace. An episode a day is pretty good. Can be slower or faster depending on the show. I still watch some anime in big chunks but now it's rare.

I guess it just depends on how I feel about the anime. As an example, last season I watched Space Dandy 2 weekly, but I would skip Rail Wars for 3 or 4 weeks then watch them all at once. For older anime, I would say I don't really marathon it either. No matter what I'm watching, even if it's something that I'm really in to, I don't really like to watch more than 3 or 4 episodes in one day. Anything more than that and I tend to get tired of watching and I'll lose focus.

For airing: Depends on the anime. If it's one of my favorites of a season, I watch every episode as it airs. If it's more meh, I'll fall behind sometimes and watch "at my own pace", so 2-5 episodes at a time depending on when I decide to get caught up.

For finished airing: Completely random, usually dependent on my level of boredom and spare time. If I have several hours to burn, I'll marathon entire 12 episode shows no problem, though usually I'm just trying to waste an hour, so I'll watch shows frequently in sets of 3 episodes.

I'm content for waiting a week but I don't usually have time to watch much airing.  I absolutely detest marathoning though. One time, my friend and I watched ToraDora in 2 days and I was miserable, it seriously impacted my initial enjoyment of the show too.

So my overall vote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QO6oPMuPFI

I tend to watch a decent amount of eps in a row, usually 3-6... once in a blue moon. Usually I rewatch the last ep I saw to remind myself of the context. I'm currently "on" Nisemonogatari, and have been at it for months. Last episode: 8.

I never watch anime as they air. Why would I? Picking them up later will allow for any fixes groups feel like for batches, and for BD graphic improvements etc in general. Discussing them is admittedly a point, but I can't reliably do things periodically anyway. If it's an actual good anime people probably won't have forgotten it anyway, or discussion isn't really that needed anyway (mikakunin is great, but is there anything deep to say about it much?).

I sometimes marathon a whole series during weekends/holidays. For newer series with weekly episodes released, i just wait until it i have every episode, then marathon on a friday/saturday.

The only problem is that sometimes i wait ages for a new series only for it to be crap. Like, all that excitement for nothing.

I have a thing for downloading episodes of airing anime as it comes out but not watching it until its finished airing. I always try to watch at least one 26 episode anime per week. On weekdays I only have time to watch 2-3 episodes. But on weekends I will watch 5-10 episodes per day.

I watched Angel Beats! all in one day and I completely regret it. I love Key but I just didn't get to experience the feels from that anime because I watched it so fast.

i prefer marathon's simply due to the fact the feels are better for me if seen all the way in one or two sittings, if i wait a week between eps i lose that impact after a day or so . like steins;gate watched that all in one sitting pulled a all nighter, loved every second of it just couldn't stop watching. then when the movie came out this year i played the vn then watched the show again but in 4 episode chunks and it wasn't as gripping as it was seen in one go. 

Didn't we have a subject like this before? ...

Also, none of the options are available to me. So I picked none.

I watch what seems to be very interesting as it airs, but that rarely ever happens. Last season, I watched none. The season before, I watched none. I remember keeping up with one series early this year but that was it. As for the Fall season, I'm currently keeping up with three. Next season = none.

I watch completed series. I prefer the BDs for to uncensor shows that were censored. Otherwise, I watch them in TV raws from whatever fansubs release.

Didn't we have a subject like this before? ...

Also, none of the options are available to me. So I picked none.

I watch what seems to be very interesting as it airs, but that rarely ever happens. Last season, I watched none. The season before, I watched none. I remember keeping up with one series early this year but that was it. As for the Fall season, I'm currently keeping up with three. Next season = none.

I watch completed series. I prefer the BDs for to uncensor shows that were censored. Otherwise, I watch them in TV raws from whatever fansubs release.

You missed out on a few really good shows the last couple seasons then. I don't think I could ever go a season without watching a currently airing show.

• 5 months later...