Fuwafever Throwback Week!

OriginalRen

Welp, I've been lurking for a while. Then I kinda stumbled on the whole, "Fuwanovel changed my life," or something along those lines arond here, so I figured I'd make an account here. I've been reading VNs for... maybe a year now? Started with Little Busters when I was 16 so, yeah. I'm a somewhat busy high school student and have grown quite fond of VNs. I'm currently in the process of trying to learn japanese on my own, so it can be hard to make time for that at times.

Anyways, nice to meet all of you!

My first post. Way back in November. Though, not really sure what to really add, since most of what I said was just to tell about myself. Outside influences made me make an account. Oh god, I just noticed my typo.

Hasn't been all that long since I started.

I always end up reading personality into an avatar from things that a person writes on the forums. Its for that reason that I always hate it when people change their avatar because then my perception of them changes and has to readjust. That's why the avatar you see on me now is still the initial avatar I used since I joined the Fuwa forums on March 20th 2013. That way the people who recognize me from the days when I was more active don't have to alter their perceptions of me. Also my avatar is one of my favorite characters from an obscure Japanese snes game (Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War). I'm always happy when people recognize my avatar, which only happened once. Here is a more detailed fan made image of him: 

tumblr_mfn3joynDE1rcga1xo1_400.jpg

My first post is incredibly embarrassing to even quote so I won't do that.

But I'll say this, it was something I posted hoping I wouldn't be alienated or looked at weird in the community, and that certainly didn't happened and I was warmly welcomed by everyone, my expectations were surpassed and the hopes I had when I made that introdutory post were fullfilled and now here I am almost 5000 posts later.

That embarrassing introductory post was certainly something I don't regret as it started my journey on Fuwanovel. Unless you look at it, then i'll regret it. Now that I think about it I could hide it.. #powerabuse

Let's see... my first Visual Novel was Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. I had heard about it, somewhere, and got curious, which led me to try it out. I loved it, so I quickly finished the whole series (at the time, Ace Attorney, Justice for All, Trials and Tribulations and Apollo Justice). I then tried to find a series simular to these, and I found Professor Layton. I played the original and didn't enjoy it too much (mostly do to my lack of puzzle solving skills) so I changed games.

The next game I played was 999, found a walktrough of it and got interested. I thought it was brilliant, it was also the first time I saw the visual novel tendency to use time travel, alternate dimensions and all of the "prisioner dilema" "shrodniger's cat" which I found again in loads of other Visual Novels. Following 999 was the sequal, Virtue's Last Reward.

Finaly, the first more "traditional" visual novel I played was Ever 17, which I thought was absolutely brilliant, and led me to play Never 7 and Remember 11. Henceforth pretty much all visual novels I've played had no gameplay.

That's... what? 3 months ago?

Yeah, I'm really old here ain't I?

I'm actually looking for a new avatar now, so I'm not going to go back to my first one.

After looking through my computer, I don't seem to have the first avatar I had when I registered here anymore, that's a shame D=

Actually, I'm going to go ahead and put all my old avatars because I'm no Kaguya so I can actually do that and not reach the image limit per post.

My first avat was Kino from Kino no Tabi (not that pic though):

f7qz4Sv.jpg

Then Erika from Heartcatch Precure:

0kDEmpn.png

Then Neferpitou from Hunter x Hunter, which I've lost too;

After that I'm not so sure if there was something between it and the next one (I've a feeling there was but...)

Next was Kasumi because Muv-luv trauma period:

CePcDp9.png

Then Miyuki from Smile Precure:

0BSxKsh.jpg

Kinda nice diving again into your old avatars.

your current one is so cute ! please don't change it :(. Or rather when you do, would I be able to use it :D ?

how embaaaarrassing uuuhu -.-

This post, entitled "I'm not good with introductions"

f589557039.png

Up to that point I had never really found a community that I felt I could be a part of, so I wasn't entirely sure it would even work out. Also nobody really cares about what things I like, so I just kept it short and to the point.

how embaaaarrassing uuuhu -.-

This post, entitled "I'm not good with introductions"

f589557039.png

Up to this point I've never really found a community that I felt I could be a part of, so I wasn't entirely sure it would even work out. Also nobody really cares about what things I like, so I just kept it short and to the point.

The double hello does it for me.

My first post

I guess I'm joining the forums after lurking around for a while. I started reading visual novels around two years ago. Not sure what else to write here though so... I hope you guys can be friends with me and I'll try to answer questions about myself.

I haven't been here for that long but it still feels a little... foreign?

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/859-unhack/?view=findpost&p=11739

Tried to play this on my (admittedly somewhat weak) ultraportable. It lags a lot - very choppy cursor movement and orb movement - sadly, so I will have to visit my desktop to play it (not to mention the problems of using a touchpad - or my mouse, given that I tend to play in bed(totally not intended, that one)). Maybe it's inevitable given the engine you've chosen, but if you can make it faster, that would be nice.

edit: additionally, disabling javascript will give you a "please upgrade your browser" message. While NoScript users like me should probably know what they're doing anyway, it's not going to always be accurate and some browsers can disable javascript in settings.
edit2: I want a volume slider. The music is too loud for my headphones at my default system volume settings.

It's actually been more than a year, huh... and look, even my first post was all calm and collected. No intro posts needed here~

In retrospect I prolly should've made it two paragraphs and paragraphed out the edits as well though.

My first post huh. Nothing special really, just an intro post.

I guess I'll just do a basic introduction. I have been looking around the forum for a little while now. I joined last night to ask about an editing project and decided to stick around for awhile. I have been on a few other forums in the past, i was most active on the JustDubs forums a year or so back. I have been a fan of anime for two or three years now. I started with watching english dubbed anime on netflix then finally went to subbed anime on streaming sites. Now I usually download any anime that I watch. I can't remember when I started to play VN's but I'm glad I did. I also read manga a little, mostly One Piece and Rosario + Vampire.

I guess I'll also list my top five favorite anime and Vn's.
Anime-
One Piece
Angel Beats
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Toradora
Fairy Tail (mostly for the music)

And Vn's-
Little Busters (best so far)
Rewrite
Hoshizora no Memoria
Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete
Entire "Da Capo" series

Well, that was a little more than a basic introduction but oh well. I'm glad to be here and I hope to have a great time.

Though those lists have been changed recently, at least for the VN's. I've watched so many anime that its hard to choose favorites, especially since it doesn't take a lot to entertain me. I still really enjoy Fairy Tail's music.

Grisaia no Kajitsu

Da capo II

Muv-Luv Alternative

Steins;Gate

Rewrite

Though I'm sure Fate/Stay Night is gonna work itself in there once I finish reading it.

Hm.. I already used fuwanovel and the forums a lot to get info about VNs but never made an account, or I did and forgot about it... ^^; But when made this account I never really introduced myself but just randomly posted in one of the topics :x I actually typed a lot about what I thought about the VN I was reading in that post but deleted it after and was like, yeah I'll just go with this.

photo-thumb-6309.jpg?_r=1400772942 Posted by Nyanko on 25 March 2014 - 08:32 PM in Visual Novel Talk

Just started route E in I/O Revision II.