Yumiko Sakaki route praise thread?

i don't know about that tsunderes always show their emotions they are always noisy but yumiko is emotionless and cool see the difference?

like Tiagofvarela said  you must play all the routes they are all unique and makina's route focuses on yuuji's past more than the other routes

That's just a stereotypical portrayal of a Tsundere. Pigtails, starting every sentence with "It's not like I'm doing this for you or anything," that Michiru tries to imitate. A real Tsundere is simply cold and hot, but deeply desires the hot side more often. Yuuji's a Tsundere too and a bigone. Yuuji and Yumiko's personality are very similar. She's a Kuudere Tsundere hybrid. 

All the routes are worth playing, especially Makina's. Unless you happen to not like humor, in which case you're not human. >_>

This is the only game where I want to finish all the Character's routes. There's just too much backstory to them, and I got really attached after spending 90% of my time in the common route with them. Not to mention every route, they help each other out like a family. 

This is the only game where I want to finish all the Character's routes. There's just too much backstory to them, and I got really attached after spending 90% of my time in the common route with them. Not to mention every route, they help each other out like a family. 

The creator(s) did a good job in that aspect. They really showed that when Yumiko was beefing with her father as well.

i don't know about that tsunderes always show their emotions they are always noisy but yumiko is emotionless and cool see the difference?

like Tiagofvarela said  you must play all the routes they are all unique and makina's route focuses on yuuji's past more than the other routes

She could actually be seen as an old-school tsundere, kind of. Or a normal kuudere. Both are fine on her case.

Anyway, I didn't really like Yumiko's route compared to the other ones- Quality-wise, I'd rate them as Makina = Amane > Sachi > Yumiko > Michiru.

That's only for route quality, though. For the heroines (which is, of course, only my opinion) I only really liked Makina (and Sachi, but only when you're not on her route. Me liking Sachi is more of a "wow, she's so useful!" thing than actually liking her, though) and the others heroines ended up annoying me.

Now, Yumiko's route was also good. Grisaia is a great game, after all. I'll grant you that if you compare it to most heroine routes in translated VNs out there, any route from Grisaia will be very good. It just isn't as good as the rest of the novel, which is a kamige.

She could actually be seen as an old-school tsundere, kind of. Or a normal kuudere. Both are fine on her case.

Anyway, I didn't really like Yumiko's route compared to the other ones- Quality-wise, I'd rate them as Makina = Amane > Sachi > Yumiko > Michiru.

That's only for route quality, though. For the heroines (which is, of course, only my opinion) I only really liked Makina (and Sachi, but only when you're not on her route. Me liking Sachi is more of a "wow, she's so useful!" thing than actually liking her, though) and the others heroines ended up annoying me.

Now, Yumiko's route was also good. Grisaia is a great game, after all. I'll grant you that if you compare it to most heroine routes in translated VNs out there, any route from Grisaia will be very good. It just isn't as good as the rest of the novel, which is a kamige.

thank you so much for providing me with your opinion. Good to hear what others have to say. :)

I'm... not sure what there is to like about Yumiko's route, to be honest.

The route has henchmen literally leveling up as Yuuji, a professional, continues to allow her to sit by the beach, as stronger and stronger bad guys keep coming? And then he somehow throws a turkey going 200km/h? And despite being shot and brutally injured in Amane/Makina's, he's bedrested and nursed by a knife wound by one of these leveled up bad guys? And Yumiko's dere side is so jarring it might as well be a personality switch. It doesn't deal with the personal anxiety or any of the actual issues that she presents or anything of the sort.

My biggest complaint is that the ending is literally "YOU HAVE ACTIVATED MY TRAPCARD" and Yuuji pulls out some random bullshit that had happened COMPLETELY offscreen and barely ever mentioned. We didn't even get to see his struggle when they ran away, it instead focused on Yumiko the housewife.

The guy who wrote Yumiko's route isn't even a writer, he's a web designer, and it doesn't seem like he's going to be around for Frontwings new game starring the Grisaia cast.

The route has henchmen literally leveling up as Yuuji, a professional, continues to allow her to sit by the beach, as stronger and stronger bad guys keep coming? And then he somehow throws a turkey going 200km/h? And despite being shot and brutally injured in Amane/Makina's, he's bedrested and nursed by a knife wound by one of these leveled up bad guys? And Yumiko's dere side is so jarring it might as well be a personality switch. It doesn't deal with the personal anxiety or any of the actual issues that she presents or anything of the sort.

My biggest complaint is that the ending is literally "YOU HAVE ACTIVATED MY TRAPCARD" and Yuuji pulls out some random bullshit that had happened COMPLETELY offscreen and barely ever mentioned. We didn't even get to see his struggle when they ran away, it instead focused on Yumiko the housewife.

The guy who wrote Yumiko's route isn't even a writer, he's a web designer, and it doesn't seem like he's going to be around for Frontwings new game starring the Grisaia cast.

Wow. To be honest I really found it hard to believe that yumiko's route could have been looked at in such a critical way. You have some good points my friend. -_- However she is still for now, in my opinion, the best :D

That was harsh but I have to agree about the riverside. I couldn't help but chuckle at Yuuji inviting these guys out everyday for a fight. I figured her route was just a light hearted story like a Shounen Comedy. Lots of beliefs were suspended. 

All these stories are focused on the girls.These stories are mainly about the girls. I had to ask myself if Yuuji wasn't a recorder playing in the background in Michiru's route. that. haven't played Makina's yet so she might be different.

That was harsh but I have to agree about the riverside. 

Lol. Crunchy, or must I call you taco ?

I believe harsh is an understatement. It was brutal!

But his deduction does kind of make sense. The fights were kind of predictable. With that I do agree.

Lol. Crunchy, or must I call you taco ?

I believe harsh is an understatement. It was brutal!

But his deduction does kind of make sense. The fights were kind of predictable. With that I do agree.

Cliche

n. 1) a phrase or opinion that is overused and betrays a lack of original thought

a very predictable or unoriginal thing or person.

WHAT THE FLYING F... 

People are still playing this? I feel that completing this VN was like another life ago. So much nostalgia.

Unfortunately, yumiko's route felt... similar. It does warm the feels every now and then, but as I read her route I can't help feeling I read this already somewhere. Put me to tears anyway.

If you enjoyed Yumiko's route, odds are you'll love Makina's, don't skip it. Because let's be real here, I liked Yumiko more than Makina as a character, but even I'll admit Yumiko's route is literally just a watered down version of Makina's. There are two things Yumiko's route does better; the ending (Makina's bad ending will make you cringe...), and the H scenes (although Makina's are fucking hilarious). Everything else was done better in Makina's route.

I really liked Yumiko, and most kuuderes in general. And the family photo near the end was super heart warming.

If you enjoyed Yumiko's route, odds are you'll love Makina's, don't skip it. Because let's be real here, I liked Yumiko more than Makina as a character, but even I'll admit Yumiko's route is literally just a watered down version of Makina's. There are two things Yumiko's route does better; the ending (Makina's bad ending will make you cringe...), and the H scenes (although Makina's are fucking hilarious). Everything else was done better in Makina's route.

I really liked Yumiko, and most kuuderes in general. And the family photo near the end was super heart warming.

That family scene made it perfect! :3

I don't remember any of Yuuji's typical traits, I think he was particulary dumb (as wahfuu said about the henchmens), there was not the slightest remnant of his humor nor any of these usual interesting thoughts . Basically he just kick and punch during the whole route while saying "it's all right" to Yumiko.

In comparison I prefer Yuuji in Makina's route (who has some aspects in common with Yumiko's).