VN where most of the Female characters are likable?

crunchytaco

I loved all girls in Hoshimemo, I even talked about it here: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2881-why-do-i-like-hoshizora-no-memoria-so-much/

I liked every character in Hoshimemo, except

Yume. The route was a game of cat in mouse. She followed him around all that time, but didn't want a relationship, she sleeps with him an expects him to move on. She tries to force him to forget. It's just painful for me and the main character. He could do so much better (Komomo! My favorite route (; ) The ending was good, but the path you had to take to get there. She ruined her route and mare's route. He honestly sleeps with mare just cause he couldn't make it work with his first choice. Terrible.

I liked every character in Hoshimemo, except

Yume. The route was a game of cat in mouse. She followed him around all that time, but didn't want a relationship, she sleeps with him an expects him to move on. She tries to force him to forget. It's just painful for me and the main character. He could do so much better (Komomo! My favorite route (; ) The ending was good, but the path you had to take to get there. She ruined her route and mare's route. He honestly sleeps with mare just cause he couldn't make it work with his first choice. Terrible.

Hm, now that you put it like that it does make Yume out like the bad guy here. I'm surprised I didn't put it together like this until now. Very interesting. 

Hm, now that you put it like that it does make Yume out like the bad guy here. I'm surprised I didn't put it together like this until now. Very interesting. 

This guy knows what I'm talking about, now let me help you out. (Warning spoiler contains references to Harukoi Otome and Grisaia no Kajitsu.)

Now this type of route is what I would like to call, the blinded by love route. It is the most difficult route to pull off. It usually starts with conflict, (Sickness, Corporations, Father) That leads the Girl/Boy to believe he has to separate from his/her partner or else they'll get hurt. Blinded by love, they don't realize they are hurting their partners more by doing this. Honestly this makes the character look a brat, indecisive, the bad guy and you better believe stupid, especially if she ends up with the guy. However if done right, it can be good. All of Harukoi Otome is made up of these kind of characters Fuyurugi, Ayaka, Riru) They pull the character away, and pull him back except, Riru route was generally funny, Fuyurugi fought back in the end, and wasn't fighting the whole time deciding if she should be with him or not, and Aya? I don't think I read the good end because the bad end satisfied me enough. Ironic? The one route that is amzing is Yumiko, same set up, but she choose to fight back with the character. Simply amazing. "Love's not blind, you just can't see it when your walking away from it.)

This guy knows what I'm talking about, now let me help you out. (Warning spoiler contains references to Harukoi Otome and Grisaia no Kajitsu.)

Now this type of route is what I would like to call, the blinded by love route. It is the most difficult route to pull off. It usually starts with conflict, (Sickness, Corporations, Father) That leads the Girl/Boy to believe he has to separate from his/her partner or else they'll get hurt. Blinded by love, they don't realize they are hurting their partners more by doing this. Honestly this makes the character look a brat, indecisive, the bad guy and you better believe stupid, especially if she ends up with the guy. However if done right, it can be good. All of Harukoi Otome is made up of these kind of characters Fuyurugi, Ayaka, Riru) They pull the character away, and pull him back except, Riru route was generally funny, Fuyurugi fought back in the end, and wasn't fighting the whole time deciding if she should be with him or not, and Aya? I don't think I read the good end because the bad end satisfied me enough. Ironic? The one route that is amzing is Yumiko, same set up, but she choose to fight back with the character. Simply amazing. "Love's not blind, you just can't see it when your walking away from it.)

I call that the 'Stereotypical Ojousama Route'. 

This is so subjective, I can't really recommend you anything. I guess if you told me what features you like in a heroine I could recommend VNs with similar ones, but that's as far as it goes.

For example, hoshimemo- a bunch of people here recommended it. I actually didn't like any of the heroines in that game (with my favorite one being part of an archetype that I dislike to begin with). My favorite heroine in Fate Stay Night was Sakura, and I disliked both Saber and Rin, etc- without knowing what you like suggesting this kind of thing is impossible~

This is so subjective, I can't really recommend you anything. I guess if you told me what features you like in a heroine I could recommend VNs with similar ones, but that's as far as it goes.

For example, hoshimemo- a bunch of people here recommended it. I actually didn't like any of the heroines in that game (with my favorite one being part of an archetype that I dislike to begin with). My favorite heroine in Fate Stay Night was Sakura, and I disliked both Saber and Rin, etc- without knowing what you like suggesting this kind of thing is impossible~

Well that's probably why you're only a 2 star staff. LOL Jk. I actually have no idea what those stars by your guys' tags mean. 

I'm just enjoying reading all the suggestions people are making and taking personal notes on their descriptions. A lot of these I haven't even heard yet. I didn't want to pigeon hole myself with too many specifics of what I like. I want to be surprised. 

Well that's probably why you're only a 2 star staff. LOL Jk. I actually have no idea what those stars by your guys' tags mean. 

I'm just enjoying reading all the suggestions people are making and taking personal notes on their descriptions. A lot of these I haven't even heard yet. I didn't want to pigeon hole myself with too many specifics of what I like. I want to be surprised. 

The stars just serve to make the badge pretty. Every staff member has two, regardless of who he is. Personally, I think 3 or 1 would be nicer, but~

Well, for suggestions, you can check out my 50 VNs list. You seem to like knight-y and honorable types (uah, totally not my thing. Being treated like a princess if fine, but I want my heroines to at least be amoral).

I think you may enjoy Rose Guns Days. Maybe I/O, maybe Kara no Shoujo. It's hard to say- if you told what you like in those heroines, this would be so much easier.

I disliked Chinami, Yume, and Mare in hoshimemo, and Aoi was only so-so. I certainly wouldn't say that all of its heroines were likeable for me. Chinami was probably the worst. What an extremely obnoxious character. I almost dropped the game in the prologue before you meet anyone else because she's so freaking annoying. I think I'm the only person on this message board who doesn't love that game, though, so again it's all subjective.

Looking at the list of VNs I've played, I'm not sure if there's one for which I could say that I thought ALL of the heroines were likeable. There's usually at least one or two duds for me. Strangely, the ones that come closest are what I feel are more middling VNs. Cho Dengeki Stryker I guess are mostly likeable, even if the game isn't all that great. Actually I think Overdrive is good for this in general, they tend not to put any strongly disagreeable qualities into any of their heroines. But as a result they're often pretty boring and generic. Some of the best VNs are great because they put so much personality into their characters and they either hit big or miss big.

I disliked Chinami, Yume, and Mare in hoshimemo, and Aoi was only so-so. I certainly wouldn't say that all of its heroines were likeable for me. Chinami was probably the worst. What an extremely obnoxious character. I almost dropped the game in the prologue before you meet anyone else because she's so freaking annoying. I think I'm the only person on this message board who doesn't love that game, though, so again it's all subjective.

You aren't the only person who doesn't love that game, I also think the same as you.

But I manage to complete that VN since I like protagonist's personality.

I would say the girls in "If My Heart Had Wings" had overall likable female characters. In my opinion. Also the art is pretty.

Same about Chinami. What bugged me the most was that Chinami would do unreasonable things and get away with it. I really hate characters like her that are spoiled and do whatever they want and almost never learn from their actions. Also I almost dropped the game as well while reading the prologue because of her. Not only that but why did the unpacking portion have to be so long? It was just the same thing over and over and over and over and over again.

I haven't completely finished it yet. I've only done Asuho's route (Am I the only one that thinks her name sounds like "asshole"?) and didn't really like it. Kind of annoying that she

breaks up with You after You find out shes deaf in one ear. Also got really annoyed when the guy was telling her that he still loves her and she just kept rejecting him. After telling her about the 50th time that he doesn't care that shes deaf in one ear and she thinks he's just being nice, it gets to the point where she is pretty much calling him a liar. Also it makes the vn even more pointlessly long.

There's a difference between pacing and just padding the story.

Also what bugged me in Hoshizora no Memoria was

that "plot twist" with that twin. It seems like the writer only put that in just to have a major plot twist in the story. Which I saw coming because they tried so hard to make it seem like it was Setsuna. To me, the plot twist made no sense to her character. Maybe that's why they completely changed her character during it.

.......Also I loved the characters in Katawa Shoujo. Hanako for life. <3

Thou shalt not judge charage characters until thou hast read Their routes

unless you think characters beign annoying in other routes even if good in their own is a valid complaint, which it might well be, that is

but still w

I've read Chinami's route and she's still The Worst. Intentionally annoying characters are still annoying, not cute.

The stars just serve to make the badge pretty. Every staff member has two, regardless of who he is. Personally, I think 3 or 1 would be nicer, but~

Well, for suggestions, you can check out my 50 VNs list. You seem to like knight-y and honorable types (uah, totally not my thing. Being treated like a princess if fine, but I want my heroines to at least be amoral).

I think you may enjoy Rose Guns Days. Maybe I/O, maybe Kara no Shoujo. It's hard to say- if you told what you like in those heroines, this would be so much easier.

If you think It'll help, I can try my best.

I wish I could answer this honestly, but I know that my spoken preferences don't always match what I instinctively feel. Some character who don't match any of the qualities I prefer comes along and steals the scene. Happens all the time. As much as I like Meiya's and Saber's sworn oaths to fealty and uphold justice, I wouldn't mind leaving a trail of dead bodies with Yuno Gasai (fictionally speaking). Actually that makes me think I might just like theatrical characters who border a bit on the obsessive side. There is Meiya's and Saber's duty to one's country;  Sachi's dedication to laziness; Isoroku's ambition to bear an heir to the family; Suzuha's lone fight against an apocalyptic future; Kurisu's mad obsession with the theory of time travel. I think it's really tragic how stuck these characters are. 

Strangely, the ones that come closest are what I feel are more middling VNs. Cho Dengeki Stryker I guess are mostly likeable, even if the game isn't all that great. Actually I think Overdrive is good for this in general, they tend not to put any strongly disagreeable qualities into any of their heroines. But as a result they're often pretty boring and generic. Some of the best VNs are great because they put so much personality into their characters and they either hit big or miss big.

This is a good reflection on the subject. I've played few VNs compared to everyone else here, but I could come to the same logical conclusion by imagining. Another reason why I put emphasis on character request over plot in my OP. Not that I don't enjoy a VN with an amazing thought out plot.