Grisaia no kajitsu anime

aznxa21

I disliked episode 3 as the pacing felt extremely bad imo. Episode 4 was not that bad, but I guess the adaptation anime will always feel rushed compared to the novel. We got Kiss, Off-Balance and part of Overdose covered, all that while jumping 11 scenes from her route. I won't say it's feeling good, but I can't really say that it's bad either. It feels weird, but it's an adaptation, so I guess we have to accept it and move on.

By the way, Grisaia is going to be 24 episodes + 1 ova, guys.

http://otakomu.jp/archives/166978.html

Well, that was one way of adapting Michiru's route.

Some of the best scenes were completely cut out. It was probably fine to people who haven't played the game, but some of the missing stuff (that wasn't even romantic in nature) would have made it a lot better, imo. That said, I get why they only gave a minor route like hers 2 episodes, and I know the only way to fit it into That time frame is to cut some scenes. But still, mildly disappointed.

I'm honestly not sure what to feel about this anime. It's enjoyable, but feels so rushed.

Yes...

I'm not too sure either. 13 episodes to adapt the whole of Grisaia would certainly lead to rushed episodes. I'm wondering whether it really is 13 or not...

I'm fine with it though, for an adaptation this seems excellent. For people who've played the visual novel, however, it might be subpar.

I´ve got to say that I was more than disappointed of this episode. There was hardly any build-up why Michiru attempted suicide and they also skipped one of the best parts of her route, when Yuuji carries the coffin through the school with the reactions of the other girls (especially Yumiko´s, she is my least favourite charakter but her reaction to Michiru´s death was a real tearjerker).

I´ve got to say that I was more than disappointed of this episode. There was hardly any build-up why Michiru attempted suicide and they also skipped one of the best parts of her route, when Yuuji carries the coffin through the school with the reactions of the other girls (especially Yumiko´s, she is my least favourite charakter but her reaction to Michiru´s death was a real tearjerker).

Oh, yeah... totally forgot about that, I can't believe they skipped it.

And also the moment when she read all the letters while in her coffin (I think so?), it was so moving.

The series seems more like a recap aimed at vn viewers more than a standalone series. I'm not too happy on how it has turned out so far. :P They also forgot this other memorable scene from the vn in addition to many others. 

0252.jpg

Wow. They jammed an ENTIRE route into ONE episode (previous episode doesn't count; that episode covered mainly Michiru's common route scenes). The amount of stuff they had to cut is insane @-@. I shudder to see how butchered the other routes will be..

Oh well. At least I got to see kid Michiru & pre-hair dye Michiru  :ph34r:

Another problem with all of this is how it presents Yuuji. He's not a go-getter just dying to solve everyone's problems. He makes a point of minding his own business, but gradually learns about a specific girl's problems as he gets to know her and eventually does something to help. This is a long process. The anime rushes things and has Yuuji do some pretty extreme things fairly quickly.

The only reason I'm sticking with it is because it's so fun seeing some of my favorite characters animated. If I drop my expectations low enough, I'm pretty sure I can just enjoy it for what it is- an adaptation of one of my favorite visual novels.

Drop it further mate. Pretend it isn't one of your favourite VNs. I did that and its only half working. 

Yeah, I'll probably have to do the same and nerf my expectations hardcore. I commented earlier in this thread saying that I would be satisfied with at least getting to see my favorite characters and scenes animated, but damn, this adaptaion turned out to be more painful than I thought xD

Aside from the other issues others have already mentioned, am I the only one that was creeped out by this episode's fan service?  The show has been pushing the panty shots like nobody's business already, and I'd gotten pretty good at just tuning it out, but this episode...  panning up while Michiru is struggling in a coffin...  quick shot of her panties...  moving on...  nope!  let's get a closer focus shot of that crotch while she's buried alive and crying for help!

Slightly weirded out.

Ho-shit that was so rushed. Even the Yumiko and the coffin scene, which was most indefinitely a big surprise in the VN, was scratched out. The very ending (when she meets that woman) was scrapped apart with a new alternate ending.

Yeah this is not worth one fucking penny out of my pocket. The VN is thousands of times better.

It's definitely very rushed. I will not lie when I say that it's been a very disappointing ride lately.

The OST makes up for it though, somewhat.

As far as I'm aware they're just using the same songs from the VN (except the OP and ED).

But I do agree, Grisaia has a good soundtrack.

I never had any expectations for this in the first place. Reason being is so few anime adaptions of VNs turn out very well ,and are always rushed to death. I'll probably finish watching the rest of it after it's done airing to see how they adapted Amane's route though.