Grisaia no kajitsu anime

aznxa21

For various reasons, I think the idea of a Grisaia anime is disgusting and evil...

Well, really I just think so because the better a VN is, the more the anime disappoints those who read them.  Also, because Grisaia has such a strong narrative element (internal monologues, event narration, etc.) it'll be virtually impossible for them to capture the magic of the VN in the anime...

I hope they don't pull out something in Yosuga no Sora style... :unsure:

I thought Yosuga no Sora style was legit as fuck. There's no main heroine in Grisaia no Kajitsu, it'd be extremely sad to see only one of them in the spotlight. Also, we should keep in mind that they're very likely going to mention every character past judging by the PV, so we can expect either a Yosuga no Sora style or a total adaptation - which would be kinda worrisome.

Text: The punishment of surviving.
Amane: Because I'm in love with you...

Text: Dying while living
Michiru: If that's true, then you have to call me "Lady Michiru."

Text: Nobody will protect me
Makina: What's your favorite animal?

Text: A sin that was fought against...
Sachi: I don't know what I should call you...

Yumiko: There are no normal people in this academy... And that includes you.
Text: Her birth itself was a mistake.

Okay, I just watched the first episode. I'm extremely satisfied, as expected there were lots of adaptations, as expected of an... adaptation. I believe they'll show all the routes, or there'll create a totally new story. Either way, I doubt they'll focus on only one character, I'm so happy.

Okay, so, let me do a quick review:

Art - I'm more than satisfied with the art, although some minor changes happened, I think the characters essence is still there and Makina in particular seemed better on the anime. I give the art a 10.

Animation - No complains as well, the regular moments flowed perfectly and the comic scenes (Michiru being a dumbass) used the classic exaggerated style, but didn't got to Kill la Kill style, if that even makes sense to someone. Easily a 10.

OST - They are using the same OST as the novel, do I have to say anything else? 10.

Story - As I said before, adaptations were made but I don't dislike them. I won't say that there weren't scenes that left me wondering the reasons for those changes to happen, but I do have high hopes either way. The pace was good as well, considering only this episode, I'd guess they'll do something like Yosuga no Sora did, showing all the routes or they'll somehow show all of them using a different story line. I'll go with a 10 for now, let's hope they don't disappoint us.

Complain - Okay, even if I gave everything a 10, there was actually a bad point: Unnecessary fanservice. I do know japanese people have something with panties but most of the times, there was no need to show us them. 

Okay, I just watched the first episode. I'm extremely satisfied, as expected there were lots of adaptations, as expected of an... adaptation. I believe they'll show all the routes, or there'll create a totally new story. Either way, I doubt they'll focus on only one character, I'm so happy.

Okay, so, let me do a quick review:

Art - I'm more than satisfied with the art, although some minor changes happened, I think the characters essence is still there and Makina in particular seemed better on the anime. I give the art a 10.

Animation - No complains as well, the regular moments flowed perfectly and the comic scenes (Michiru being a dumbass) used the classic exaggerated style, but didn't got to Kill la Kill style, if that even makes sense to someone. Easily a 10.

OST - They are using the same OST as the novel, do I have to say anything else? 10.

Story - As I said before, adaptations were made but I don't dislike them. I won't say that there weren't scenes that left me wondering the reasons for those changes to happen, but I do have high hopes either way. The pace was good as well, considering only this episode, I'd guess they'll do something like Yosuga no Sora did, showing all the routes or they'll somehow show all of them using a different story line. I'll go with a 10 for now, let's hope they don't disappoint us.

Complain - Okay, even if I gave everything a 10, there was actually a bad point: Unnecessary fanservice. I do know japanese people have something with panties but most of the times, there was no need to show us them.

Biggest downside of the anime's first episode was definitely the unneeded fanservice but as a whole it's actually a pretty promising start. Some CG here or there but otherwise nicely detailed animation and pretty well paced. It looks like it'll be telling a story that divulges everyone's backstory to some extent which I think is actually the canon? 

Still, so far so good

Surprisingly decent first episode indeed.

Of course they make tons on the edginess and the fanservice/manservice (all bases covered, we got the B-type otakus and fujoshis baited), which will make a lot of people who don't know the VN ditch it without a second thought (can't blame them for that, I would have done the same).

But that first episode was much less static than your usual exploitation anime, although quality will probably decrease after that since they often put their everything on the pilot. As long as it's not a too significant drop it at least has a decent animation, despite all that ugly 3D.

They drop lots of hints about the various routes but it's hard to know what they'll do. I trust Kurata but at the same time I really don't know how they're gonna pull out something decent here, especially if they try to somehow cram all the routes in a 1-cour anime.

Yuuji's voice felt weird for the first few minutes but then I got used to it

It was so lovely to get the first encounter with Michiru animated LOL

The fanservice panty shots did feel a bit overused; hopefully they tone it down.

The ending scene(s) foreshadowing all of the heroines' routes was particularly cool to watch and made me feel hyped for future episodes. Let's hope they can deliver.

Was the thing with the heroines at the end foreshadowing? I thought it showed what they were doing (in private) at the present moment, since Yumiko said something about not accepting him and all. And that's why I thought it was weird that Sacchi was messing with bombs from the very start.

The anime has a very fun first episode for me. I liked the fact that the animation is good and the story is not much different from the original one. Well, adaptation and the original has their own charms. I'm very glad that I got to see them in action (especially their very first meetings).

One thing that I noticed is how Makina's features are quite different from the original one. She seems much more of a loli (haha) and a very fragile being, not that I disliked it but I think she looks cute. Second is the panty shots. Seriously, I liked ecchi anime but the pant shots in here were too much for me, at least. I don't know but I think they don't seem natural for me. I just wished they tone it down a bit. The third one is the scene with Amane with a (lock opener?). She looks like a dangerous person there. Why does she looks like she has found her prey with a murderous intent? I know that it's because 

she knows she is Kazuki's brother and she wanted to take care of Yuuji

but I'm gettin chills over her.

Hope that the next episode won't betray our expectations. As for me, I wanted it to be like Amagami(just my preference).I would like all the route to be explored but anything is fine as long as the story would be fun

The anime has a very fun first episode for me. I liked the fact that the animation is good and the story is not much different from the original one. Well, adaptation and the original has their own charms. I'm very glad that I got to see them in action (especially their very first meetings).

One thing that I noticed is how Makina's features are quite different from the original one. She seems much more of a loli (haha) and a very fragile being, not that I disliked it but I think she looks cute. Second is the panty shots. Seriously, I liked ecchi anime but the pant shots in here were too much for me, at least. I don't know but I think they don't seem natural for me. I just wished they tone it down a bit. The third one is the scene with Amane with a (lock opener?). She looks like a dangerous person there. Why does she looks like she has found her prey with a murderous intent? I know that it's because 

she knows she is Kazuki's brother and she wanted to take care of Yuuji

but I'm gettin chills over her.

Hope that the next episode won't betray our expectations. As for me, I wanted it to be like Amagami(just my preference).I would like all the route to be explored but anything is fine as long as the story would be fun

Amane felt more hollow than scary in that scene, imo.

I have no idea how u felt Amane is a 'dangerous person' from that lol, found her prey? wut? there was even a brief flashback to make people think there must be more to this if anyone was 'creepy' it would be Sachi

Who knows, for people that havent read the VN, it could imply

Yuuji had something to do with the bus accident, and so Amane has this 'dangerous person vibe' as if she's out to get him for it (don't forget, in the VN, Yuuji also suspected Amane had dangerous intentions, so this could be the anime's way of portraying that)

Sachi's scene did not make sense whatsover

Why the hell was she making bombs? 1) There was no request to destroy the school yet 2) Yuuji, not Sachi, was the one who provided the bombs to destroy the school.

But I guess they did that to make viewers think there's some big shit going down >.>

Sachi's scene did not make sense whatsover

Why the hell was she making bombs? 1) There was no request to destroy the school yet 2) Yuuji, not Sachi, was the one who provided the bombs to destroy the school.

But I guess they did that to make viewers think there's some big shit going down >.>

Here's an earlier quote of mine with what I believe to be the most simple explanation:

Some random passerby just happened to mention they'd like to bomb the parliament or something (everyone hates politicians), and she overheard it while going shopping. 

Seems pretty likely.