Grisaia no kajitsu anime

aznxa21

To be fair, it would be hard to recommend GnK in any capacity to people who have a strong dislike of fan service or sexuality.  It's not like High School of the Dead where you could take the sexuality out and still have a complete show.  GnK is about sexual situations and humor as much as it is anything else.

It's just that GnK is really, really good at it.

They did it the right way. They should have gone that far. Anything less from the VN will seem like a low-blow to those who read the novel.

This third episode is really great. New ending song, really hilarious moments and everything major was taking and put into motion .. super awesome.

Well, this is really shit. They went fanservice all the way, I recall the VN having a shitty common route but this is on another level.

what really disappoints me is that the adaptation had the potential to assemble a rather decent plot from the later parts of Kajitsu, a few flashbacks from Meikyuu, and the middle parts of Rakuen with selected scenes of the school slice of life as a background relationship builder. They chose to focus on masturbation and panty shots instead, sadly, it's not too surprising if you consider the kind of shit today's anime audience want.

I recall the VN having a shitty common route but this is on another level.

This right here tells me that you and I are going to have wildly different views on this anime.  The common route was long to be sure, but shitty?  Highly disagree.  It is -so far- the best slice of life comedy that I've encountered in an anime or VN.

Now to be sure, I think that the anime could tone down the sheer volume of panty shots, but given the nature of the comedy in the story, it's not really a black mark against the show.  I think that ignoring the common route would have been a huge mistake.  Heck, I don't think that ignoring the common route would even be possible without completely sidelining Michiru(all of her best scenes are in the common route).

Meh. The jokes just don't work quite as well in the anime as they did in the VN. They kinda fell flat. It's still funny, especially if you recall the original scene but... Eh.

Abrupt transitions between scenes make much less sense in the anime too. Overall I agree that they should have focused on the plot.

Also production value dropped after episode 1 but that's to be expected.

Doesn't matter all that much though when most people who didn't read the VN already dropped it as tasteless ecchi.

To be fair, it would be hard to recommend GnK in any capacity to people who have a strong dislike of fan service or sexuality.  It's not like High School of the Dead where you could take the sexuality out and still have a complete show.  GnK is about sexual situations and humor as much as it is anything else.

It's just that GnK is really, really good at it.

This right here tells me that you and I are going to have wildly different views on this anime.  The common route was long to be sure, but shitty?  Highly disagree.  It is -so far- the best slice of life comedy that I've encountered in an anime or VN.

Now to be sure, I think that the anime could tone down the sheer volume of panty shots, but given the nature of the comedy in the story, it's not really a black mark against the show.  I think that ignoring the common route would have been a huge mistake.  Heck, I don't think that ignoring the common route would even be possible without completely sidelining Michiru(all of her best scenes are in the common route).

You're talking on the extreme, I said "[...] with selected scenes of the school slice of life as a background relationship builder". Our opinions may differ but I hope you'll at least agree that the long common route contained content that are: 1. nonessential to the logical flow of the meaningful plot of the trilogy, 2. repetitive in style: the author relies primarily on character initiated events and dialogue that are mostly insignificant and comedic in nature, 3. repetitive in content, reaffirming that the characters are largely defined by a type and putting elements of that type at work (e.g. Michiru acting tsundere, Sakaki pulling her knife, etc.), which leads me to 4. not contributing to character development, the characters' personalities and behavior are revealed early on and remain static, a large part of the comedy is derived from the differences between the way they act; we find the resulting situations unexpected and hilarious because these characters are far from our social norm. These elements of the common route aren't as bad initially when readers are still fresh into the game and interested in the interactions between the characters, but repeat them for a good 20 hours, the small cast of flat and predictable characters loose some appeal, repeat again for another 10 hours in the sequels, really?

Apparently, the common route is not entirely plagued, there are some meaningful developments, revelations, memorable jokes and CGs here and there, which is why I suggested "selected scenes" of the slice of life. The producers have 24 episodes to present the Grisaia trilogy or part of it, it's up to them what to focus on and what to leave out. They can pace it well, improve upon selected source material and make it an action thriller romance series or they can simply make it a typical ecchi school-based slice of life. Up until this point it's pretty clear what they did and what to they chose to focus on.

The original was heavily flawed, the adaptation is worse.

If this is what you consider the best slice of life comedy in an anime or VN, I guess it there's no more point continuing this conversation.

Steins;Gate is slice of life?  Since when?

But yeah, if you have such a strong dislike of GnK's slice of life, I do suspect there isn't much point in conversing about it.  It's one of the few examples of the genre that I can tolerate(the only other ones I can think of off hand being bizarre comedies like Azumanga Daioh and Nichijou).

To be honest, though, I don't think 24 episodes is sufficient for the entire trilogy.  It would be enough to do GnK by itself justice, but anything more would be stretching it.

^My thoughts exactly regarding Steins;Gate being slice-of-life. I guess it technically is, at least during Okabe's mission of gathering up all Lab Members, but it's more plot-based rather than random nonsense like in Grisaia no Kajitsu which is probably what edwd2 was getting at. If so, that's just his preference so yeah no point conversing about it xD.

Back on topic though, maybe if Grisaia no Kajitsu anime does well they'll have another season for Meikyuu/Rakuen? Like Little Busters! had 24 (or 25, idk) episodes for heroine routes then did another season for Refrain.

This episode was pretty much only Michiru, not very big on her to be honest.

Seems to suggest that the anime will go for her route or at least cover the majority of it.

I'll expect they will still try to fit in the other heroine's stories too though since they hinted at them all during the end of episode 1 if I recall correctly.

This episode was pretty much only Michiru, not very big on her to be honest.

Seems to suggest that the anime will go for her route or at least cover the majority of it.

I'll expect they will still try to fit in the other heroine's stories too though since they hinted at them all during the end of episode 1 if I recall correctly.

I'm surprised they managed to cram that much of Michiru's route into one episode, and still make it flow reasonably well. But that said, I don't think I would have been so affected by the ending of the episode if I was experiencing it for the first time through the anime. They moved FAST.

More like they didn't include all the clutter. 

Good clutter, mind you, but clutter non-the-less.

I actually didn't read Michiru's route because I adore silly Michiru, and didn't wanna ruin that with srs Michiru. So most of this is actually new to me. I'll end up watching the entire thing either way, but it would be nice if they didn't try and adapt full routes in 2 episodes. With 13 episodes the logical thing to do would be a full common route adaption. Below that would be adapting one route. At the bottom would be rushing routes to try and shoehorn everything in. I really hope it ends up ok.

I'm surprised they managed to cram that much of Michiru's route into one episode, and still make it flow reasonably well. But that said, I don't think I would have been so affected by the ending of the episode if I was experiencing it for the first time through the anime. They moved FAST.

Yeah I wasn't affected at all even though it was my first time. I did enjoy seeing this for the first time though:

QyZLw4L.jpg